Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,282 members, 7,822,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? (68556 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / 8 Challenges To Face Your 1st Year Of Marriage / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queenafric(f): 5:11am On Mar 28, 2012
Still in it. Will be back next year to tell more stories, but I'm loving it so far except that my mum can call..ehn..she is always calling me and saying she misses me. Maybe becos am her only daughter. As for my MIL, she always want us to visit her. Anytime, we visit her, she keeps praying for triplets and expects me to say amen to her prayer. I will just silent the 'a' in the amen, then she will open her eyes and tell me to say amen. Nonetheless, I like it when we pay her a visit cos she is a good cook...lol

12 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Rhapsody1(f): 7:28am On Mar 28, 2012
Gaggi: ^^^^^
I pray u sing d same song in a decade. tongue

My dear, I will be singing a better song in not just the next decade, but in the next four decades. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 28, 2012
crusifis: nnamen, any single nairalander, let do this this this easter, dis married people, have put me in the mood. mariage mood activated
I'm ready and willing.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 12:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
davidylan:

Dayo does not possess a congo to shine. Thank you.

Sure he does ,if not he can always shine you??
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2012
queensmith:

tufiakwa!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2012
queensmith:

I can manage you na. I wont mind helping to shine your Kongo. What are friends for?
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
Manage me ke? Hehe ignorance is bliss!!

Oya you two pair up and stop acting shy! wink
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 12:50am On Mar 30, 2012
wouldn't it be nice to see dayokanu in tong and skirt

tongue
and then some guys toasting her? grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by coogar: 12:53am On Mar 30, 2012
armyofone: wouldn't it be nice to see dayokanu in tong and skirt

tongue
and then some guys toasting her? grin

you've got a sick mind, armygirl!
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 12:58am On Mar 30, 2012
Sauron coogar, i think you got a sick mouth. remember you are one hefty talkative and for a man, that's really a brain in jeopardy wink

where have you been. nice to know i brought you out.
Cheers.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by coogar: 1:13am On Mar 30, 2012
armyofone: Sauron coogar, i think you got a sick mouth. remember you are one hefty talkative and for a man, that's really a brain in jeopardy wink where have you been. nice to know i brought you out.
Cheers.

armyofone and her heap of word salad. grin cheesy
you didn't bring me out - i was never in. cool
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by armyofone(m): 2:25pm On Mar 30, 2012
welcome back, nice to have you around.
i'm sure madam made you to finally shop at that african market you so loathe wink
i will be in london so try getting a permit to visit Base tongue

coogar:

armyofone and her heap of word salad. grin cheesy
you didn't bring me out - i was never in. cool
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2012
queenafric: Still in it. Will be back next year to tell more stories, but I'm loving it so far except that my mum can call..ehn..she is always calling me and saying she misses me. Maybe becos am her only daughter. As for my MIL, she always want us to visit her. Anytime, we visit her, she keeps praying for triplets and expects me to say amen to her prayer. I will just silent the 'a' in the amen, then she will open her eyes and tell me to say amen. Nonetheless, I like it when we pay her a visit cos she is a good cook...lol

If I was the one, I would silent the "am" at the beginning of the "amen" when I reply her prayers and even add an "h" between the "en". grin
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Abygul(f): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2012
Juton: It was hell, the only good thing was my girls nd my head that came out of it. I also appreciate others wonderful experience nd i expect to have a blissfull one in my next marriage ( if there wud be any)

Babes what would av really gone wrong 4 ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ to right somtin lyk dis . Pls love to knw .
 kisss
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by coogar: 5:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
armyofone: welcome back, nice to have you around.
i'm sure madam made you to finally shop at that african market you so loathe wink
i will be in london so try getting a permit to visit Base tongue

holla @ me when you come around.
it's been ages i fired an SAR 21(LMG).
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Abygul(f): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2012
Well @ d bgining myn was interestin bt later after som months babes gettin money was bcomin an issue . Xpecially wen am almst due 4 dlivery. @ tyms ii wuld sit up @ late night nd cry my eye out to GOD dat ii really dnt wnt dis kinda marriage bt later ii gathered courage to calll him nd tolk to him about it . Trust me tins av really changed. Jst lyk somone said . My husband said ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ ar jst gettin to knw me . :DWell @ d bgining myn was interestin bt later after som months babes gettin money was bcomin an issue . Xpecially wen am almst due 4 dlivery. @ tyms ii wuld sit up @ late night nd cry my eye out to GOD dat ii really dnt wnt dis kinda marriage bt later ii gathered courage to calll him nd tolk to him about it . Trust me tins av really changed. Jst lyk somone said . My husband said ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ ar jst gettin to knw me .
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by jidewin(m): 9:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
As a guy man,mine was wonderful with little or no difference from when we were dating.I knew I was ready to tie the knot and likewise my woman so,sacrifices must be made.
We just dey like boyfriend girlfriend throughout that time.
What peeps must understand is,MOST of the things you use to do and enjoy while single,which does not necessarily support marriage must be done away with.
Hanging out till late,keeping contact with ex-es.certain type of friends whom you use to crash together must find a new base,cos they're part of the external influence.
However as we grow into marriage with the kids,changes becomes inevitable.most marriages started well but usually after the birth of the second child,some UNUSUAL challenges posing as problems begin to set in.This is why Patience,Perseverance and Prayers fully comes in.Otherwise....... I live the rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 9:34pm On Mar 30, 2012
ZUBY77: My first one week, i was busy blaming those who didn't attend the marriage ceremony.
Then the second week, i recalled that we recieved some envelops from people with money inside all of them. Then i approached mrs zuby who was in custody of the envelopes for us to check how rich we have beçome only to be told that the job has been done already by her and her mother. The reason being that they didnt want to stress me by inviting me to count money.cheesy igbo girls.

Third week, i was busy thinking about the best way to tell mrs zuby to go back to her parents until she puts all the money back to the envelops exactly the way it was.
Fourth week, i devised a plan to make her pay for the petrol for our generator. She likes electricity so much. So i will check the generator every morning and each time the petrol is finished, i will stay outside until 8am, by then she must have called to remind me what i already knew. And i will tell her to drive to the station and buy petrol. Now the money from the envelop is going down fast and she is complaining.

Aside this little envelop adventure, we are happy people.

o god!!! i cannot!!! i cannot with this!! lmao!!!

Gaggi:

Thnks, i'm working on it. Just that if i dnt talk for 10 mins she wants to knw whats on my mind. If i say nothing is on my mind, she doesn't believe and claims i'm not being open. She wants to discuss every single thing. It's frustrating sometimes. Sometimes a man needs to think and clear his head alone. Haba

you are right, I will say she needs reassurance. You are probably the laid back non chalant type and that can get some of us a lil worried about whether or not you are happy.
Try to be a bit more reassuring, cuddly, tell her you love her more often, spend quiet time with her in your arms, buy her a car, when she bothers you tell her not to worry that you just dont like talking much. Eventually she'll get used to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queenafric(f): 11:10pm On Mar 30, 2012
Sagamite:

If I was the one, I would silent the "am" at the beginning of the "amen" when I reply her prayers and even add an "h" between the "en". grin

I did rather silent the 'a' in the amen so dat I can give birth to men, than silent the 'am' in place of 'h' which will give me hen. God forbid that I give birth to a hen.
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queenafric(f): 11:48pm On Mar 30, 2012
Ooopsss...I just re-read ur post and now understood that u would av added the 'h' btw the 'en' and not b4 it. That would av been so funny...he..he..he...
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Celyt(f): 4:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
Those trying to derail the thread should please stop. I actually registered as a member because of this thread though i have been an ardent reader of the happenings in the forum for a very very long time now.
This March is precisely the second year of my marriage and it has been full of ups and downs (with more ups). One month into my marriage,i became pregnant and our joy knew no bounds. Then three months later,the problems started,my husband started hanging out more with his friends,at that time,i kept everything bottled inside me but let out my frustrations by giving him the silent treatment. He would try to know whats eating me up but i wouldn't tell him why. The thread continued but we always made up and i can't say how, but whenever we have a trivial issue,i would always bring up the previous ones and my frustration compounded. We had Lots of issues that at a point,i told him that i wanted us to get separated,that i could take care of myself and the baby. Well to cut the whole story short, through the years i learnt that communication is very vital in marriage, seconded by having a life of your own where you create those things that make YOU happy as a person but not at the expense of your spouse and children,not bringing in a third party when you have problems with your spouse and circling it with praying together as a couple. What my husband and i solely agreed on is that abuse of any sort and infidelity are a no no. Today i thank God for my marriage, we are still learning.

10 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sugar001(f): 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2012
Am still at my 1st year in marriage. Every thing has been damn rosy untill untill I got pregnant. My husband sometimes come in too late at night for my liking. We used to hang out a lot @nite runs but am heavy now,can't drink my favorite liqor and I go to bed early now.
Few weeks ago, he came back home by 5am in the morning. I was sad ... But welcomed him back home as my momma taught me. We talked about it and he apologised.
Few days ago,he repeated the same thing. Then I realised I am in trouble. He slept off as soon as he entered the house cos of highness.
I couldn't sleep and his phone kept on beeping. Out of curiousity, I picked up the phone and a chick "spanish eye" was pinging my darlyn husband. I read up the chat and couldn't believe my eyes. They chatted about how much they miss each other's p***y and d**k and how the love eachother etc.
I confrounted my hubby when the highness had cleared from his eyes. Of course after much drama. He apologised but denied ever sleeping with the chick. Even claimed that they have not met before. But the chick sends her nude piz to him,they talk dirty and that's what their relationship was about.
He promised to end it with the chick, and was sober for days. But I am so disappointed in this man I love so much. The marriaGe isn't even upto one year. *sobs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2012
Celyt: i kept everything bottled inside me but let out my frustrations by giving him the silent treatment. He would try to know whats eating me up but i wouldn't tell him why. The thread continued but we always made up and i can't say how, but whenever we have a trivial issue,i would always bring up the previous ones and my frustration compounded. We had Lots of issues that at a point,i told him that i wanted us to get separated,that i could take care of myself and the baby.

If it was me, we would be separated.

I want to be married to a matured adult, not a child.

You would get what you carefully wished for.

sugar 001: Am still at my 1st year in marriage. Every thing has been damn rosy untill untill I got pregnant. My husband sometimes come in too late at night for my liking. We used to hang out a lot @nite runs but am heavy now,can't drink my favorite liqor and I go to bed early now.
Few weeks ago, he came back home by 5am in the morning. I was sad ... But welcomed him back home as my momma taught me. We talked about it and he apologised.
Few days ago,he repeated the same thing. Then I realised I am in trouble. He slept off as soon as he entered the house cos of highness.
I couldn't sleep and his phone kept on beeping. Out of curiousity, I picked up the phone and a chick "spanish eye" was pinging my darlyn husband. I read up the chat and couldn't believe my eyes. They chatted about how much they miss each other's p***y and d**k and how the love eachother etc.
I confrounted my hubby when the highness had cleared from his eyes. Of course after much drama. He apologised but denied ever sleeping with the chick. Even claimed that they have not met before. But the chick sends her nude piz to him,they talk dirty and that's what their relationship was about.
He promised to end it with the chick, and was sober for days. But I am so disappointed in this man I love so much. The marriaGe isn't even upto one year. *sobs

Pele!

He is fooling himself.

5 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by sugar001(f): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2012
Aii...^
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 9:19pm On Mar 31, 2012
there seems to be a trend, both of your husbands seem to have relapsed when you got pregnant. Maybe they werent mature enough to handle a pregnant wife, maybe they arent even mature enough to handle marriage- I doubt things get any better when a drooling poopinbg baby is involved.

I pity you both, especially since your married into a culture that sees no wrong in such nonsense behavior. There is no excuse for a man to be walking home 5occlock in the morning or hangin out more with his friends when his wife is at home pregnant. Thats pure wrong, how would he feel if you started to hang out more with your friends and come home when you like whenever he felt sick? (something I suggest you try so your husbands understand).

Well I wish you both luck sha you seem to have jumped over this hurdle, sexts seem to be very common with married men nowadays im beginning to wonder why they bother with marriage at all if theyll spend the time texting other women. . .*sigh*

5 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by coogar: 10:15pm On Mar 31, 2012
queensmith: there seems to be a trend, both of your husbands seem to have relapsed when you got pregnant. Maybe they werent mature enough to handle a pregnant wife, maybe they arent even mature enough to handle marriage- I doubt things get any better when a drooling poopinbg baby is involved.

I pity you both, especially since your married into a culture that sees no wrong in such nonsense behavior. There is no excuse for a man to be walking home 5occlock in the morning or hangin out more with his friends when his wife is at home pregnant. Thats pure wrong, how would he feel if you started to hang out more with your friends and come home when you like whenever he felt sick? (something I suggest you try so your husbands understand).

Well I wish you both luck sha you seem to have jumped over this hurdle, sexts seem to be very common with married men nowadays im beginning to wonder why they bother with marriage at all if theyll spend the time texting other women. . .*sigh*

can you handle a pregnant wife? the hormones driving a pregnant woman make them super-aggressive.

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by queensmith: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2012
erm im a woman? besides its not today men have been dealing with pregnant women. It's a part of life- your meant to devote your time towards easing her pregnancy not making her feel like sh*t!

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:34am On Apr 01, 2012
My first year was great. Actually my marriage has been great. smiley
Whenever i log on to NL and read through some of these stories, i clasp my hands, look towards heaven and thank God for my wife. Then i look at her brown eyes, i smile and i tell her "Thank you for being you".
We really don't have friends, so we hang out together most times. We rarely visit others, don't have visitors tongue (and we don't care). We are in our own world, i guess and it works for us smiley. In our first year, we lost our daughter, we grieved together, prayed together and healed together. God has really been good. smiley

I just thought to share.

23 Likes

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 1:38am On Apr 01, 2012
aniffy4eva: My first year was great. Actually my marriage has been great. smiley
Whenever i log on to NL and read through some of these stories, i clasp my hands, look towards heaven and thank God for my wife. Then i look at her brown eyes, i smile and i tell her "Thank you for being you".
We really don't have friends, so we hang out together most times. We rarely visit others, don't have visitors tongue (and we don't care). We are in our own world, i guess and it works for us smiley. In our first year, we lost our daughter, we grieved together, prayed together and healed together. God has really been good. smiley

I just thought to share.

My Chairman, I am happy for you o.

How have you been

1 Like

Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by aniffy4eva(m): 1:40am On Apr 01, 2012
dayokanu:

My Chairman, I am happy for you o.

How have you been

Great oh! And you?
Bros... go and marry oh tongue
Re: How Was Your First Year Of Marriage? by Celyt(f): 4:41pm On Apr 01, 2012
@ Sagamite, my hubby hanging out more with his friends wasn't a very big issue,i said we had lots of 'heavy' issues that were more like 'irreconciliable differences', but thank God we handled them like matured adults. Thank God most especially for nairaland and its brilliant members, the forum is a real eye-opener.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pastor Joshua Ajagunigbala Divorces Wife As Herbalist Dies On Top Of Her / PHOTO: What Would You Do If Your Child Returns From School Like This? / Rwandan Dad Calls His Deformed Baby 'Devil Spawn', Tells Wife To Kill Him (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.