Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,010 members, 7,841,863 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32337 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 01, 2012
^^ Lol. I am online writing more. Would post soon. smiley
@All, thanks for the comments.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by IZUKWU(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2012
Am waiting. Five of my friends are here with me,we are waiting for ur updates. Imagine 5 of them join nairaland today just to be able toe comment on your thread.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 01, 2012
Cindy snuck into the room 10pm that night lifting her feet in stealthy, silent movements. She had thought she would sleep in the hostel that night but she wasn’t sure. She was trying to prevent a scene by avoiding Simi as much as she possibly could. When she’d gotten to the hostel gate, she’d asked the gatemen if Simi was in but they didn’t seem to recognize whom she was talking about, she’d also asked some of the other boarders but she hadn’t gotten any definite answer- some had said they had seen her walk into the room, other’s had said they’d seen her leave the room with a guy.

On reaching the hostel, she’d almost ran back when she saw that the door to her room was ajar but she didn’t want to confirm Odessa’s earlier words of she being a coward so she’d squared her shoulders instead, mustered some confidence, dropped her handbag at the door front so it didn’t make any noise and went in.
Tiptoeing, she moved to the corner of the bunk opposite to the side where Simi usually laid her head, elevated herself using her toes and reached for the top of her bunk so she could get her folder and leave the room. “Damn,” she cursed under her breath “my hand can’t reach.”

The only way she could get the folder was if she reached from the front of Simi’s bed and she wasn’t going to do that – that would be a suicide warrant.
She peeped through the corner to estimate how deep asleep Simi was, she seemed to be far gone. Okay maybe she wouldn’t wake up, she looked too deep asleep to be woken up by a mild push on the bunk.

Over to the front of Simi’s side of the bunk she went and with a feathery lean against the bunk and her breasts pressing on cold metal, she reached again for her bed and felt for the folder. She used her forefinger to push the folder forward and when she eventually got it, she released her breath and started to tiptoe her way back out of the room.

“Cindy!”

She stopped dead on her tracks when she heard her name. Damn! She’d woken Simi up.

“Hahaha! Cindy, just where do you think you are going? Come back here.”

I am in deep sh[b]i[/b]t, Cindy thought as she sluggishly made a one-eighty degree turn to face Simi.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 01, 2012
“Ibrahim, where are you? Are you at home?”

It was Haruna calling him. Haruna loved sleeping better than life itself and Ibrahim was surprised he was awake at that time of the evening. “Haruna, how far? Yes, I am at home. This one that you are not sleeping by now, what’s up?”

“Ibrahim, we need to see. It’s really urgent.” Haruna responded in his overly manly voice.

“Are you serious? Is everyone alright? Hope no problem. I hope your father is okay?”

“Ibrahim, this is not about my father. Yes, everyone is okay but there is something I need to see you for. Can I come to your house now?”

“Haba Haruna, it’s late now, can’t you tell me over the phone?”

“This is not telephone- appropriate talk Ibro. We need to see face-to-face.”

“Really? What is this about?”

“Stop asking me these questions Ibrahim and answer the one I asked. Are you at home?” Haruna screamed.

“Yes, yes, yes, I am at home. Come over, I’d tell Yaro to open for you.”

“Okay, on my way.”
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 01, 2012
Going to work now. Might update from there, not sure. Later guys. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by niki6(f): 8:38pm On May 01, 2012
i swear am addicted, i alway check 4 updates here first b4 anytin else wen i come online. More ink to ur pen.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lillys(f): 9:31pm On May 01, 2012
^^ lol same here...good work girl smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by vilively: 11:13pm On May 01, 2012
Good work so far...kip it up
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lovekillz(m): 11:37pm On May 01, 2012
[color=#770077][/color]
. . . Am nt a romance fiction reader . . .buh u gat me hooked wit diz story,i rily luv it,u r doin a nyce JOB.more grease 2 ur elbow if u eventualy publish d novel am gona be ur no 1 buyer . . . .even if dem dey sell am 4 Pluto. . .
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by IZUKWU(m): 11:54pm On May 01, 2012
love_killz: [color=#770077][/color]
. . . Am nt a romance fiction reader . . .buh u gat me hooked wit diz story,i rily luv it,u r doin a nyce JOB.more grease 2 ur elbow if u eventualy publish d novel am gona be ur no 1 buyer . . . .even if dem dey sell am 4 Pluto. . .
guy, i just saw your avatar na so you like food reach.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lovekillz(m): 9:20am On May 02, 2012
. . . @izukwu no b ma fault o o . . .just finshed 120 dyz fastin & prayer. . . grin. . . @izukwu no b ma fault o o . . .just finshed 120 dyz fastin & prayer. . .
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:32am On May 02, 2012
Hmm.. just woke up about 2 minutes ago and my first point of visit was this thread. I think like niki6, I'm equally getting addicted. lol

The story continues in a bit but before then, I'd like to ask you guys some questions and I hope you grant me the favor of replying. Thanks.

a) From what you've read so far, what kind of person do you think Simi is character-wise?

b) Do you have any ideas [as to] who might have killed Nathaniel?

c) Can you relate to any of the characters in this story so far, or know anyone in real life who could?

Waiting for your replies. Story continues shortly.

Thank you so much guys. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:36am On May 02, 2012
shocked undecided shocked
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:39am On May 02, 2012
naijasexy: Hmm.. just woke up about 2 minutes ago and my first point of visit was this thread. I think like niki6, I'm equally getting addicted. lol

The story continues in a bit but before then, I'd like to ask you guys some questions and I hope you grant me the favor of replying. Thanks.

a) From what you've read so far, what kind of person do you think Simi is character-wise?

c) Can you relate to any of the characters in this story so far, or know anyone in real life who could?

Thank goodness this thread is has become a story thread once again. I tot it had degenerated to a toasting / jisting thread. tongue
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:46am On May 02, 2012
^ pDude, The comments from people are what make the thread more interesting. I had almost abandoned the story after my exams, it was when I saw Jalal's comment on page 4 that the zeal to write came back. Moreover, skipping past readers' contributions and scrolling straight to the actual story posts isn't too big a task now, is it?
Thanks pDude. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 12:32pm On May 02, 2012
naijasexy: Hmm.. just woke up about 2 minutes ago and my first point of visit was this thread. I think like niki6, I'm equally getting addicted. lol

Bebe what have you done to make me glued to this thread?I'm just coming out from the exam hall and this is where i find myself even before getting home,hmm i dey suspect you o tongue.

To answer your questions.
a)Simi can be defined as a very homely,nice and reserved girl.

b)I'm guessing people who may have an issue with his parents or someone is trying to set someone up with Nathaniel's death.

c)Yes o,inshort i can relate that odessa girl to many evil girls in my class undecided,Cindy can be related to one of my elder sister's friend who would take any kind of advice when desperate and i think ibro and my ex may be related,they both seem a little indecisive but relentless.

Hope there's a reward for taking this pop quiz cheesy tongue.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 12:38pm On May 02, 2012
James-dman:

@Freecocoa. . . Yaya jiki? I hope u're as fit as a horse nw. Abeg, no sick oo! Yaya makaranta da ra'ayin ki?
Hey you! Na tashi lafia,thought its only guys that need to be as fit as horses tongue

I'm doing great dear,na gode allah,thanks for asking.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by niki6(f): 12:46pm On May 02, 2012
a)i tink simi is a strong woman who is determined to succeed no mata wat life throws in her way. b)i tink cindy is sumhow responsible for nathaniel's murder c) i knw 2 guys lyk simi. Orphans hustlin 2 make ends meet n see themselves tru skul n r among d best in their department buh d 2 of dem wan die because of woman they alway go afta badt evil guys babe or d one wen they lyk
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 02, 2012
#Smiling.... Sitting up and waitin for d continuation. Dis is simply wonderful#
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 12:59pm On May 02, 2012
Eveluv: #Smiling.... Sitting up and waitin for d continuation. Dis is simply wonderful#
You are sitting up and waiting for continuation? Didn't you see the quiz?

That's the CA for the course we are studying on this thread,better take that quiz to avoid CO in this course.

#lazystudentlikeyoutongue#
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 02, 2012
^Lol Freecocoa. I couldn't have said it better. That's the CA oo, you guys better answer. grin grin cheesy

I have like 3 posts typed up on Microsoft Word, just waiting for more answers from the people I see peeping in and out of the thread before I transfer the posts from Word to Nairaland. #StillWaiting. wink

Thanks Freecocoa and niki6 for answering. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Tinkybabe(f): 1:06pm On May 02, 2012
Thought I could sneak in and out of this thread without being noticed grin apparently not.Guess I just have to answer the questions
a)just as freecocoa said,Simi is more of the reserved type and a sweet one
b)Probably some toes he stepped on in the past that of course is if it's not Ibro's father's political opponent(s)
c)Not really,or maybe I'm a bit like Simi (character-wise)wink
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by AngelEbi(f): 1:10pm On May 02, 2012
The quiz
a) i see Simi as a strong girl goin tru life nt minding d bumps
b) Nath's death is ceteainly politically motivated
c) Odessa is like my cousin keke, wit one evil idea or d oda. Ibro is like my Fiance, coming wit d 'lets be friends' routine when he has sometin else in mind.

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Fejok01(f): 1:30pm On May 02, 2012
i see Simi as a good girl,a wife material but lacks confidence.Cindy-a spoilt child who can commit any evil to get what she wants.Not a good friend. Odessa is a very bad influence,the type your parents don't want to find around you. Who killed Nath?Can't guess.

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Pelumiv(m): 1:46pm On May 02, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm Simi, a typical hustler girl trying to make ends meet. She is reserved as some said,good mannner and a gentle lady not wanting to cause trouble.
Nath death, me cant fathom the cause and,
Cindy, a spoilt child, lack no manners and back stabbers..............hate peeps like that.

GOOD WORK NAIJASEXY.................
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by niki6(f): 1:59pm On May 02, 2012
naijasexy i see u... Post some more na please... We r participatn in d QnA arent we
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 2:04pm On May 02, 2012
Pelumiv: Hmmmmmmmm Simi, a typical hustler girl trying to make ends meet. She is reserved as some said,good mannner and a gentle lady not wanting to cause trouble.
Nath death, me cant fathom the cause and,
Cindy, a spoilt child, lack no manners and back stabbers..............hate peeps like that.
GOOD WORK NAIJASEXY.................

I agree
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 2:04pm On May 02, 2012
Fejok01: i see Simi as a good girl,a wife material but lacks confidence.Cindy-a spoilt child who can commit any evil to get what she wants.Not a good friend. Odessa is a very bad influence,the type your parents don't want to find around you. Who killed Nath?Can't guess.

Agreed
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 2:08pm On May 02, 2012
AngelEbi: The quiz
a) i see Simi as a strong girl goin tru life nt minding d bumps
b) Nath's death is ceteainly politically motivated
c) Odessa is like my cousin keke, wit one evil idea or d oda. Ibro is like my Fiance, coming wit d 'lets be friends' routine when he has sometin else in mind.

Affirmative
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 2:11pm On May 02, 2012
Naijasexxiest pls I have answered 4 times. Can u pls post the new writings? kiss
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by niki6(f): 2:16pm On May 02, 2012
kitty kat: Naijasexxiest pls I have answered 4 times. Can u pls post the new writings? kiss
I SECOND THAT!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 02, 2012
Haruna entered into his dusty, maroon, 2005-model Toyota Sienna after opening the intricately-designed double swing gate that enclosed his father’s compound. The maiguard had been sacked the night before and he disliked calling any of his siblings and maids to help him with the gate so consequently, he had to serve as his own gate-man whenever he had the need to go out.

Usually, he’d check the oil and water level of his car engine before setting out but this night, he wasn’t going to do that; he had to get to Ibro’s house as fast as he could to show him what he’d found.

He removed the diary he’d carried along with him from the top of the dashboard where he’d placed it initially and threw it on the other passenger’s seat- the one farthest from the back door and overlooked the left quarter window. Without further delay, he rolled up the windows and reversed out of the premises, he didn’t bother coming down to lock the gate as he figured that someone would eventually lock it when they found it open.

Looking back to see that the diary was where he wanted it to be, he navigated his car around the corner of his street and made a sharp turn into the highway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Help!!! My Girlfriend And My Sister Are Enemies... I Need Advice Urgently / What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.