Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,921 members, 7,841,501 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (32336 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 02, 2012
Okay guys, thanks for answering. I am now transferring them. smiley

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Tinkybabe(f): 2:21pm On May 02, 2012
grin grin ;Dkitty kat you are such a joke,I wonder how you pass examinations..@naijasexy,biko nne..We've all attempted the quiz.continuation biko
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 2:30pm On May 02, 2012
By copying and pasting grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by tosoguns(m): 2:52pm On May 02, 2012
kitty kat: By copying and pasting grin

At kitty kat references so cannot be accused of plagiarism
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 2:54pm On May 02, 2012
Thank u sir. So I am not really cheat Tinky
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by tosoguns(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2012
(a)Simi is a woman who knows hardship and has accepted the realities of life, maybe is afraid to take too much risk and reach out.

(b)probably a business related deal

(c) none

kitty kat: Thank u sir. So I am not really cheat Tinky

not a cheat but lacking originality - show us what u got wink smiley wink grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kemiola89(f): 3:10pm On May 02, 2012
@op dis suspense is killing, continuation plzz

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 02, 2012
“ Ahan Simi, you are awake, Kai, I did not know now, I should have greeted you when I entered.”

“ Hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm-hmm” Simi laughed gutturally. “Cindy, welcome back.”

“Thank you Simi, err.. I was just on my way out when you called me. My mum’s waiting outside” she lied.

“Cindy, kai. You are not going anywhere oo, not so fast. Come, come and sit on my bed, we've got a lot to discuss.”

“No I cant..”

“See ehn Cindy,” Simi cut in.” just shut up. Shut it. You are not going anywhere. Shebi you know how to look for trouble abi? you must finish it oo.”

“Ehn ehn ehn Simi, don’t insult me, I won’t take that nonsense from you.” Cindy warned.

“Is this one mad ni? Ka haukace ne? Cindy, don’t let me stand up from this bed. Close that door, in fact, lock that door and come into the room.”

“Is it me you are ordering around like your slave? When did this one start? Okay now, I have closed the door. Tell me, what’s this nonsense all about?”

Simi squeezed her face into a tight frown. “You want to know what this nonsense is about kwo? Okay, what did you tell Matron Janice about me ehn Cindy? What did you tell her?”

“What did who tell her? What are you talking about?”

“Kai Cindy, don’t even try to deny. Don’t try to deny that you did not go about spewing rubbish to Matron Janice about me. Don’t just lie, don’t!” Simi said, sitting up on her bed.

“Who is denying?” Cindy retorted defensively “ And so? What can you do? What if I told her all that I did? Would you beat me? Ehhhn Simi, would you beat me up?”

“Hmm Cindy, don’t test me. Cindy, do not test me at all o. If I raise my hands on you with the way I feel now, you might not live to tell the story. What have I done to you ehn Cindy? Why would you formulate all those lies against me?

“Simi, you are a fool. You hear me? I said you are a big fool. Do your worst okay, I am out of here.”

Simi instinctively sprang up from where was seated and ran after her. She held her by the neck and pushed her forward to the floor.
“Kai Simi, you dare push me? You this church rat, you dare raise your hands on me? Hahaaha.”

By now, Simi’s hands were akimbo and her back leaned against the wall. “No, I did not raise my hands on you but if you don’t answer my questions, you would give me reason to. Why did you lie against me to Miss Janice? I am waiting oo, you must tell me today.”

“You this idiot!” Cindy insulted. “ You this bagar, hahaha, I’ve not started with you. By the time I am done..”

“These things that you are saying don’t concern me. If you like threaten from now until tomorrow, you are not leaving this room until you tell me what I did to you.”

“ Simi you, you knew Ibrahim was my boyfriend yet you wanted to snatch him away from me. You knew we were going out yet you wanted to steal him and you call yourself my friend. You are here forming anger when I should be the one angry. You know what? You are sick. Ba da lafiya.”

“Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Cindy really? Cindy seriously? You lied about me to the matron because of Ibro? Oh my God. When did I want to snatch Ibro from you? Have you ever seen me with Ibro in your life? Where is this coming from Cindy?”

“You see why I say you are a liar? You are a big liar. You think I did not hear both of you that night when you were talking? You think I didn’t hear? Oh, you thought you were dealing with a fool. No o Simi, I am not a fool. See ehn, I may be academically dull oo, but that does not mean my brain does not work, let me just tell you.”

“What are you talking about? Ibrahim asked me to be his friend; does that now mean we are dating? I didn’t even know he was your boyfriend until the day I barged into both of you kissing so what’s all this that you are saying?”

“You didn’t know he was my boyfriend? How will you know? Foolish thing. Now, if you don’t let me leave this room now, I would not only see to it that you are thrown out of the hostel, you’d be expelled as well. Before the count of five.. one, two, three..”

“Kai Cindy, I can’t believe this.” Simi cried. “I thought we were friends but you’ve shown me otherwise. I took you as a sister Cindy.”

“Four, five… okay I’d start again and if you don’t get out of my way this time, you’d see what will happen to you. One, two..”

“I’ll let you go oo, I will. I know the evil you are capable of committing and I won’t get myself into any more trouble. But you own awaits you in front Cindy, your own problems await you in front.”

“All those swears no dey affect me, it’s you and your wretched life that you are swearing for, not me. I even thought you would have left by the time I returned; I didn’t know I’d still meet you here. I[i]d[/i]iot.”

“Pass,” Simi said, as she unbarred the area where she’d pushed Cindy to. “No problem, go.”

“Yes oo, I’d go” Cindy retorted, lifting herself up from the floor. “In fact I am going already. Enjoy your time at the new hostel you hear? Idiot. Come and take Ibro now, don’t go and look for people of your class you hear? Be pursuing a senator’s son. Mumu.”

With those last words, Cindy stomped out of the room.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 4:56pm On May 02, 2012
Oh oh why na?only a push?she should have broken cindy's head for reals,that cindy is really a b1tch,nansense.angry
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by bukatyne(f): 5:05pm On May 02, 2012
hmmm... d accuser as become d accused! naijasexy, carry go!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by kittykat1(f): 5:18pm On May 02, 2012
tos_oguns: (a)Simi is a woman who knows hardship and has accepted the realities of life, maybe is afraid to take too much risk and reach out.

(b)probably a business related deal

(c) none

not a cheat but lacking originality - show us what u got wink smiley wink grin

Leave me joor. Wetin? She say answer me I kom answer. Which wan kom be poriginality? If them ask question for exam and u come copy come answer and the teacher no know, u go still pass abi?

Ehem! Next time I know wat to do, I won't quote again, I will just copy and paste as I used to do in skul grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by pweetymama(f): 5:20pm On May 02, 2012
Dat cindy has to be taught a lesson.Simi shud stage a romance with ibro by her door.i will be so happy if that happens#thinking*#
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 02, 2012
kitty kat:

Leave me joor. Wetin? She say answer me I kom answer. Which wan kom be poriginality? If them ask question for exam and u come copy come answer and the teacher no know, u go still pass abi?

Ehem! Next time I know wat to do, I won't quote again, I will just copy and paste as I used to do in skul grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 02, 2012
Pwoomm, pwoomm, pwoommmm- Haruna honked his car horn in front of Mr. Garafu’s gate. He’d been there for five minutes and had even called Ibro but his call had been waiting – apparently, Ibro was on the phone with someone else. He pressed on the horn again until he heard the gates fling open.

“Where is Ibrahim?” Haruna demanded icily, still irritated about the fact that Yaro hadn’t opened the gate quickly enough.

“Ah Oga Haruna, welicam.” Yaro was trying to be pleasant but cut off all pleasantries when he noticed the cold look on Haruna’s face. “E be like say e dey fuo [/i]upstairs but I no dey sure. Make I tell Sikira make she call am come?”

“No, don’t worry, I’ll just text him.” Haruna said,bringing out his phone from the right pocket of his jeans.

“Hey Haruna, how far now? Were you the one calling when I was talking to my mum?” Haruna stood at six feet two inches and dwarfed Ibrahim by three inches so that Ibrahim had to tilt his head upwards to maintain eye contact with him while they spoke.

“ Yes, I was. I was at the gate waiting for Yaro to open and he wasn’t forthcoming so I thought I’d call you.”

“Oh okay, sorry about that. Don’t mind Yaro, he could be slow as a snail sometimes. Anyway, let’s go in.”

“Are you the only one at home or do you have anyone over?” Haruna asked as he planted a foot on the bottom step to ascend the stairway.

“Yes, it’s only me- mumsy and popsy are in Minna.”

“What of Cindy?” Haruna asked.

“Guy you don start again o. Anyway she’s not here, let’s go upstairs.”

“Sooo, what did you say you wanted to show me?” Ibrahim asked when they were seated. “Oh, do you want anything to drink?”

“No, I am fine thanks. It’s this diary Nathaniel forgot in my house the last time he came over- about a week before he died.” He said, reaching for the diary on the center-table where he’d placed it. “The diary had been lying on the dining table for days until Nathaniel called me two days before he died that he’d be coming to get it. Well he did not show up at my house that day and you know, he was killed the next day. So just yesterday, out of curiosity I decided to look inside it. Look what I found.” He handed the diary over to Ibro.

“I can’t find anything interesting here.” Ibro remarked as he slowly flipped through the pages, giving each page a thorough stare before turning over to the next.

“Turn to the Month of April, I think that’s where it is. April or May, I’m not sure but just check.”

“Okay.” Ibrahim replied flipping back through paged he’d previously checked.

“Have you seen it?” Haruna asked turning his head from backwards to see if anyone was lurking behind them.

“Is it this long note written in blue ink you are referring to?" Ibrahim asked in return.

“Yes, that one, that very one. Read it." Haruna answered impatiently.

‘Dear diary, I am sort of scared to write this in you since someone might find it but I would write it anyway. Last night, dad and mom had a fight and cursed at each other, it was really scary. Mum accused dad of cheating and that had upset him. Later that night………………………..’ Ibrahim was reading through the note.

“Whaaaat!” Ibro exclaimed. “This was entered in 2005- about a year ago. Are you sure this is Cindy’s?”

“That’s what I was wondering too and that’s why I brought it to you to see for yourself. Her name is clearly written at the bottom of the note and that looks like her handwriting so the chances that it belongs to her are great. You can look through the note that is stapled to the next page too.”

“This has got to be one sick joke.” Ibro screamed. “Haruna, this can’t be real. Do you think I should ask her about this? I am just confused!”

“Ask her? We can’t possibly ask her o. What is contained in the diary is very implicating and I think the best way to deal with this would be to keep mute about it. That Cindy girl is a b[i]i[/i]tch, I swear.”

“Whaat!” Ibrahim screamed again when he’d read through to the middle of the second note. “Even Odessa? Kai, I am finished.”

“Yes oo, I was shocked when I saw that part too. Odessa- madam holier than thou; who would have thought?”

“What was Nathaniel doing with this? How did this get in his possession?” Ibrahim enquired, still flipping through the diary.

“I wonder o. Well, you know they were very close so he probably took it from her one way or the other. I can’t really say.”

“Wow, wow, wow. This is very betraying. I can’t believe this, [i]walahi
, I cannot. Well, I’d take your advice and pretend like I did not see anything but I would dig deeper though. I really want to know how true this is.”

“ Yeah me too. I am very curious. Sleep dey catch me abeg Ibro and I can’t start driving back home this night. Are the guest rooms open?”

“No they are not but you can crash in my room.” Ibro answered, still wondering about everything he’d just read.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by niki6(f): 6:51pm On May 02, 2012
simi dey jonz chei....she suppose beat shege comot 4rm cindy body
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 7:03pm On May 02, 2012
Cee please you are killing me,i have a paper tomorrow,i'll soon start revising but the suspense is too much,what was in the diary?update more i dey beg you.

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 02, 2012
Too many typos in my last post. undecided undecided Would correct them now though.

freecocoa: Cee please you are killing me,i have a paper tomorrow,i'll soon start revising but the suspense is too much,what was in the diary?update more i dey beg you.

Hahaha. Babe biko, I'll only update if you promise me you'd go and start revising now. It's already past seven in Nigeria and you have a paper tomorrow. undecided undecided wink
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by AngelEbi(f): 7:18pm On May 02, 2012
I am promising on her behalf. If u knw hw many tyms ma ba3 has gone flat cos of dis thread, u go pity me
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Fejok01(f): 7:28pm On May 02, 2012
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.Ejo,biko nu,yankuri,s'il vous plaît,complete d story naaa.Abi u wan kill us with suspense?
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by vilively: 7:30pm On May 02, 2012
freecocoa: Cee please you are killing me,i have a paper tomorrow,i'll soon start revising but the suspense is too much,what was in the diary?update more i dey beg you.

Abeg o!!!update o,so that freecocoa can revise o!!!!!!LoI!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 02, 2012
^ Yeah, typing up the next part now. Would post soon. cheesy
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 7:47pm On May 02, 2012
naijasexy: Too many typos in my last post. undecided undecided Would correct them now though.

Hahaha. Babe biko, I'll only update if you promise me you'd go and start revising now. It's already past seven in Nigeria and you have a paper tomorrow. undecided undecided wink
I cross my heart,post it already.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by vilively: 7:57pm On May 02, 2012
Bt seriously this is crasy!this suspense cAn really kill.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 02, 2012
Simi had to leave class early so that she could go back to the hostel to move her things. She’d gone to Janice’s office earlier that afternoon to ask her when she was expected to move and Janice had given her until the end of that evening to pack. She had tried her luck and explained herself once more to Janice just as Dayo had prescribed when she’d told him all that happened that morning, but Janice was adamant and Simi couldn’t understand why. Was she too intellectually-impaired to fathom that everything Cindy had told her was fabricated or was she just being unnecessarily obstinate? Whatever the reason was, she wasn’t changing her mind and Simi had resigned to her fate.

She dug into her pocket to bring out her cellphone when she felt it vibrate thrice against her hips. Her face lit up immediately, Ibro had just messaged her. They hadn’t communicated since he visited the previous day and she’d been looking forward to hearing from him.

‘Hey Simi, what’s up?” Ibro’s message read.

‘Hi Ibro, notn much. Hw r u doing 2day? U sed u’d cal me wen u get home bt u ddn’t. I hope u ok tho?’ She was typing in shorthand trying to conserve space so she didn’t exceed the wording allowance of 140 characters. Texting was not cheap and she’d be without call credit if she exhausted the hundred naira credit Aunty Bisi had sent her just about an hour ago.

‘Yeah, I got busy with some things so it totally escaped me. Sorry about that. So, are you up for a drink this evening?’ Ibro messaged back.

Simi didn’t want to be presumptuous about what the message meant so she replied ‘Uhm… wot do u mean?’

Her phone buzzed with Ibrahim’s message a few seconds after sending hers. ‘I just wanted to know if you’d be interested in hanging out with me tonight.’

‘I’m sori Ibro bt I cnt. Gt a lot 2 do, I’m muvn rums in d hostel n dats goin 2 tk my tym’ She had hit the send button before she remembered that she wanted to keep Ibrahim in the dark about what happened between her and Cindy.

‘Are you sure or are you just trying to avoid me?’ he replied.

‘Nt at all Ibro. I’m muvn 4 real. I cnt snd anymore msgs because dis is my lst crdt. I gues I’l tlk 2 u l8r den.’

‘Oh, sorry for using up your credit. I’ll replace it when I come and see you tonight. Make sure your room is arranged this time o, lol, just kidding. See you later’

Simi was elated when she got his last message. Her dreams were finally coming true and everything was finally falling into place without much effort on her part. “God is good o.” she said when she’d replaced her phone back in her pocket. Swinging both hands back and forth at her sides, she hummed Don Moen’s ‘God Is Good’ as she slapped her slippers on the ground while she marched from Moremi Hall Lecture Theatre where she'd had her last class to her hostel to begin packing.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 8:24pm On May 02, 2012
Err mm Cee will you still post more today or should i just concentrate on my revision?I don't want to be the last to read any update undecided.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 02, 2012
^ Okay no P, I'll just type the thing in Word and transfer them first thing tomorrow (that would be around 12pm Nigerian time tomorrow.) Ngwanu, go and revise. Wishing you all the best. smiley

@All, more updates tomorrow morning. See y'all and thanks for reading. smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by freecocoa(f): 8:35pm On May 02, 2012
^Thanks bebe,you are the best wink nighty night.

1 Like

Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by lillys(f): 8:52pm On May 02, 2012
Nice work...interesting keep it up smiley
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by vilively: 9:00pm On May 02, 2012
cry12pm tmrw.not fair.but its all good..as long as u don't obstruct Freecocoa's revision.its all good. A demian!
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Hoyeenz(f): 10:50pm On May 02, 2012
Nice concept, great suspense, kip it up! More grease 2ur elbow.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by IZUKWU(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2012
freecocoa: ^Thanks bebe,you are the best wink nighty night.

Bio-chem here i come.
i thought say na animal science ,you dey study.
Re: Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) by Akinagirl(f): 1:59am On May 03, 2012
Oh darnit.. Reached the end again. Girl im like addicted to this story. Im not Nigerian and all but its quite compelling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Help!!! My Girlfriend And My Sister Are Enemies... I Need Advice Urgently / What Are The Dating Mistakes That Guys & Ladies Make? / Help! Seems Like My Crush Is Insane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.