Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,573 members, 7,770,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (7675 Views)

I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / SSS Raids APC Data Office Again - Party Spokesman / I Will Never Seek Elective Office Again, Says Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by jidsoon(m): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2012
Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has said he will not run for elective public office or hold any political office after his tenure as governor in 2014.

In a statement in Awka on Monday, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr. Valentine Obienyem, said Obi would retire to his family and private life after completing his tenure.

Obienyem, who was reacting to reports that Obi was having issues with his Imo State counterpart, Chief Rochas Okorocha, said the governor had a passion to serve his people faithfully.

The report said the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief Victor Umeh, had declared that Okorocha would replace the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu as the leader of Igbo, instead of Obi, many had suggested for the role.

Obi has also been linked with an aspiration to run as Vice-President in 2015 after his tenure.

“The governor himself has said it for the umpteenth time that after serving the people of the state that he would not go for any other political job, senate, ministerial appointment or any other,” Obienyem said.

He insisted that Obi and Okorcha were not at loggerheads, saying the reports of their brawling were unfounded.

He called on the media to reject one-sided stories and ensure that the views of all sides to a story were reflected in the interest of objectivity.

Obienyem said, “I am sure if the writer of that story had contacted either of the governors’ aides, they would have got the right position, except he was clearly out for mischief.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-run-for-public-office-again-obi/
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by kokoA(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2012
And so what? How dat one take concern us?

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by deshclones(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2012
niggah should go and sit on hot stove for all i care...

rubbish woman sounding guy..messing up my beloved state..6yrs plus and awka is still looking like some local govt hqters...water corporation has been redundant for years,no new roads in awka..only dualised road (zik avenue) was built by ngige..refuse littered roads,onitsha and nnewi (two cash cows)left unattended..i can go on for days...infact nothing works...
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ektbear: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2012
involuntary retirement
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by chinakobo(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2012
I believe he should be satisfied after running his private business with our money which he will comfortably put back in our coffers before he vacates. He should understand we are not stupid people, we know all his game plan. Lets wait and see how he will pull through the whole thing. Imagine Awka the state capital is still a village. No government development there. No water, many untarred roads (not broken tarred roads) i mean earth roads, afterwards he will tell us that he left N50 billion in the coffers. God is watching!
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by BodyKiss(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2012
Of course he wouldn't because he's been useless so far.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by emmajew(m): 11:25am On Mar 27, 2012
good
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 27, 2012
But I thought this is the best performing governor in Igboland.....what has gone wrong?
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by Ninapha(f): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2012
He is unelectable. period! For political offices, he is not fit here or there. Its good he understands he is already cancelled like a mistake on a rough paper.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 27, 2012
emmajew: THOSE OF YOU ANAMBRARIANS WHO THINK PETER OBI IS NO GOOD SO FAR SHOULD PLEASE RUN BACK TO MBADINUJU, CHRIS UBA, ANDY UBA, EMEKA OFFOR OR THE NURTW TO RUN THE STATE. AFRTERALL, ANAMBRA IS KNOW TO PREFER ANARCHY TO REASON.

im happy you didnt put ngige in that list, and its so unfair to compare peter obi with those gangsters
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by MrH2: 11:35am On Mar 27, 2012
He can go to hell, if he cares. D worst dat has ever governd anambra, a man in a woman body. Brought religious politics 2 d state. I pray he rots up

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by merteeny(m): 11:39am On Mar 27, 2012
But truly, OBIageri is a combobulated Governor. He is so primitive, egocentric and selfish dat he visited my school and could only offer N50,000 for the SUG gouernors to share. We no go even vote am. Make h'm go rest.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by Nonybb: 11:42am On Mar 27, 2012
ilugunboy: But I thought this is the best performing governor in Igboland.....what has gone wrong?
it is because u hv been scammed on the real situation through the media. They gave everythng u eated and it was a damn delicious food. Peter obi is a real joke compares to ngige. I use to argue with my mum that peter obi is better but now i hv seen the truth. Come to anambra state and see a messed up place, nothing works, ppl are government of there own providing electricity(i pass my neighbour,GEN), water(borehole & pure water), road(sand filled eroded road and potholes) to themselves while the governor leaves them which is the generality to there peril. Awka is the worst capital in the whole world and peter dont seems to be bothered and quite happy with it. No need to contest election again lol its a success story and shows the magnitude of the loot! OUR CAFFE IS WELL LOOTED
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by deshclones(m): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2012
emmajew: THOSE OF YOU ANAMBRARIANS WHO THINK PETER OBI IS NO GOOD SO FAR SHOULD PLEASE RUN BACK TO MBADINUJU, CHRIS UBA, ANDY UBA, EMEKA OFFOR OR THE NURTW TO RUN THE STATE. AFRTERALL, ANAMBRA IS KNOW TO PREFER ANARCHY TO REASON.

Adaobi gave us immense hope where there was none..do you remember his campaign promises atall? how many has he fulfilled?? yellow nigga promised with his yellow skin that he will put our beloved state on the world map...he slowed down the tempo raised by ngige,he would never have won his second term if the catholics and ojukwu had not endorsed him.

Anambra state has the highest number of successful people in the history of the entire black race..yet the state is in shambles and rubble..i wept during my last visit...yet nigga adaobi claims he is saving our money for us..what a dunce angry angry
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by Esss(m): 11:51am On Mar 27, 2012
Governors who should emulate this include (but not limited to);

Rochas Okorocha!!
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ACM10: 11:56am On Mar 27, 2012

You slyly left out Dr. Chris Ngige undecided
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by kokoA(m): 11:57am On Mar 27, 2012
If you guys knew Ngige was better, why didn't you vote for him? Infact, I don't seem to understand Nigerians anymore, they always tend to vote people who they will later complain about. A good example is Anambra and all the other states like bayelsa, adamawa, kokgi, cross river that had an oppourtnity to kick PDP out, yet they stil elected them.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by Mkpotu(m): 11:58am On Mar 27, 2012
I am completely disappointed in Peter Obi. He doesn't have any leadership quality. After over 6years, no meaningful development in the state capital and he is busy jumping from one state to another. He is a complete disgrace. Who will even vote for him again mtchewwwwwww!
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by deshclones(m): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2012
kokoA: If you guys knew Ngige was better, why didn't you vote for him? Infact, I don't seem to understand Nigerians anymore, they always tend to vote people who they will later complain about. A good example is Anambra and all the other states like bayelsa, adamawa, kokgi, cross river that had an oppourtnity to kick PDP out, yet they stil elected them.

Ngige was in the wrong party..an average igbo man will never vote for a yoruba party forget it...moreover ngige has done his bit...we await soludo come 2014..
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ACM10: 12:02pm On Mar 27, 2012
Who tha' hell is Victor Umeh to nominate Ikemba's successor for us!

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ACM10: 12:06pm On Mar 27, 2012
deshclones:

Ngige was in the wrong party..an average igbo man will never vote for a yoruba party forget it...moreover ngige has done his bit...we await soludo come 2014..

I beg to disagree! But I will not state my reason(s) till 2014 political season.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ACM10: 12:17pm On Mar 27, 2012
deshclones:

I hope that Soludo or his henchmen or his supporters(or the duo or trio) base their campaign on competence instead of succumbing to the lure of tribalism ahead of 2014. It will be counter-productive and it will irreversibly tarnish his brand just like it did for Dora.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by kokoA(m): 12:19pm On Mar 27, 2012
deshclones:

I disagree with you bro. They voted for him and made him a senator (under the 'yoruba' party) intead when he would have function better as a governor.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ak47mann(m): 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2012
Roschas is going to be officially take the lead in SE APGA have endorsed him.............
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by deshclones(m): 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2012
kokoA:

I disagree with you bro. They voted for him and made him a senator (under the 'yoruba' party) intead when he would have function better as a governor.

You are right bro..but am basing my argument on what transpired btwn him and the osha traders during his gubernatorial campaign...they told him to decamp from acn if he wants their votes..Ngige is well loved by all and sundry..but his party affiliation is a complete no no cool cool
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by xristronic(m): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2012
do i even need to read this post to know what its all about when the governor in question have nothing to offer after making so much ambiguous promises.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by kokoA(m): 12:39pm On Mar 27, 2012
deshclones:

You are right bro..but am basing my argument on what transpired btwn him and the osha traders during his gubernatorial campaign...they told him to decamp from acn if he wants their votes..Ngige is well loved by all and sundry..but his party affiliation is a complete no no cool cool

If Anambra people want a better life they had better open their eyes and become civilized. This talk of a party being a "yoruba" abi "igbo" party is so old school if you ask me. I can not imagine how a state who has the most educated, most celeberated and most exposed Igbo people in Nigeria will remain like a village in this year 2012. Your intellectuals need to work on you guys real hard!
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ACM10: 12:45pm On Mar 27, 2012
kokoA:

If Anambra people want a better life they had better open their eyes and become civilized. This talk of a party being a "yoruba" abi "igbo" party is so old school if you ask me. I can not imagine how a state who has the most educated, most celeberated and most exposed Igbo people in Nigeria will remain like a village in this year 2012. Your intellectuals need to work on you guys real hard!

Have you been to Anambra?

If you've been to Anambra, is your state comparably better?

Don't spew BS! behind your keyboard.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by kokoA(m): 12:49pm On Mar 27, 2012
ACM10:

Have you been to Anambra?

If you've been to Anambra, is your state comparably better?

Don't spew BS! behind your keyboard.

The problem with some people on NL is that of comprehension. Can you just contribute constructively to this topic or shut up if you have nothing meaninful to say. Thanks.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by stepo707: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2012
Mtcheeeew!
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by 1025: 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2012
this is what i call wisdom. obi knows too well that without ojukwu, he can't win a local govt chairman election and he has decided to respect his age. look at ohakim of imo state, he could not respect his age and choose to expose his ignorance.
obi go home and enjoy ur loots.
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi by ACM10: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2012
kokoA:

The problem with some people on NL is that of comprehension. Can you just contribute constructively to this topic or shut up if you have nothing meaninful to say. Thanks.

Mister, you can't condescend on us and expect me to keep mute. You should learn to contribute constructively as you remarked. Hurting people's feelings with your comments is far from constructive. One problem with people from your zone is "inborn arrogance".
Now let me quote some of your so-called constructive comments.

kokoA:
If Anambra people want a better life they had better open their eyes and become civilized.

kokoA:
I can not imagine how a state who has the most educated, most celeberated and most exposed Igbo people in Nigeria will remain like a village in this year 2012.

kokoA:
Your intellectuals need to work on you guys real hard!

If these bolded in quotes don't appear condescending to you. Then I will be willing to shell out some coin for your civil education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Prophet Makes Shocking Revelation / Buy And Install Your Solar Panels/inverters/ Batteries Etc In Phc...view Pics! / Yemi Osinbajo Encourages Farmers In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.