Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports (32611 Views)

PDP Only Needs Three Senators To Produce Senate President - Yerima / Senators On Tour Of Federal Roads In South-East Nigeria (Photos) / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Dede1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend: Nna, the SE don't need three airports - I'll suggest one airport on every street in the whole of SE. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You've erosion destroying your red soil, instead of finding a solution to that before biafra goes under, you're daydreaming about airports. What does the Aba man making shoes need an airport for, when most of customers resides in Lagos? The average okrika cloth seller in onitsha just need a good rail transport to transport his/her merchandise to customers in Kano city - not an airport.

It just a shame, Ibo or eboes will never get it right. Why did you vote for a clown like OnlyILLUSION as your EZE GBURU GBURU? The guy is clueless!!! If these are the future leaders of Biafra Republic, I won't be surprised if Biafra is worse than Somalia.

bettyfool, you are one reason among numerous reasons Nigeria remains a backwater. An average Igbo trader wants quick rate of turnover in his or her business and sorry arse railroad system and poor networks of roads are not enough. Even if they might be “okrika cloth sellers” or “shoe makers”, it is imperative to have quicker ways of transportation of goods and service than currently in place.

Anyway a malnourished punk such as you does not have pedigree to tell average Igbo trader what he or she needs for bulk movement of goods.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Abagworo(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11: Am beginning to think that Eze Onlytruth is light years ahead of all these retardeens we have on NL. This is somebody who is seeing the future of Alaigbo even beyond some of our sitting governors. He made sense when he posited that cities like Onitsha needs an Irnternational airport going by the volume of economic activities taking place in the city, which can only be compared to Lagos and PH. Nnewi also needs an access to the international airport that will be sited around Onitsha or Anambra north area.

You seem rather focused on your State alone and to an extent Enugu. Maybe the other Southeastern States of Imo, Ebonyi and Abia should dislink permanently and form their own alliance as I sense a particular pattern that keeps repeating itself. I am yet to notice any of your type planning with Ebonyi in consideration.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2012
Onlytruth: I strongly believe that our people need EDUCATION, and I don't mean just class room education, but INFORMATION education.
Here in the US, there are three international airports within 40 minutes drive of each other, and they are all always busy.
The South East needs THREE international airports: one in or around Onitsha to serve Onitsha, Otuocha, Awka and Nnewi axis; another at Owerri [/b]to serve Owerri and Aba axis; and one at [b]Enugu to serve Enugu, Nsukka and Abakaliki.
The Onitsha international airport can be remedied if there is a working relationship between Delta state and Anambra state to effectively convert Asaba into an international airport to serve the needs of Onitsha businesses.
If such agreement cannot materialize, then Onitsha needs an international airport. Too many business men travel to Dubai and far east from Onitsha. THEY GO THROUGH HELL doing that currently because they have to travel to Lagos first.
A friend relayed a story about how she was robbed and her brother killed in Port Harcourt on landing from the US.
I doubt it would have happened if she landed in Owerri.
I personally believe that if our people are informed, it would be harder to elect uninformed and local minded folks to lead our states.
We need these airports in SE to liberate our economies and create massive growth and arrest emigration from Igboland. I personally suspect that evil minded, die hard "One Nigerianists" are behind these killing and stifling of Igboland in order to force us out of our lands into other parts of Nigeria to be developing those areas while neglecting our own land.

Uzu na amaghi akpu ogene, ya nee egbe anya n'odu. cool

International airports link cities and metropolitan areas directly with the outside world. This is HUGE DEAL.
None of world class businesses would locate in areas that are not quickly accessible.
That is why Igboland is dying.
If international businesses are currently trickling into Igboland now, it would become a DELUGE if we have these airports in place.

Solution:

Every governor in Anambra, Imo and Enugu should take this issue as the CORE issue of development.
This is 21st century, and the world has become a village. Most of the money in the future would come by way of INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE AND INVESTMENT.

Do not allow anybody to lie to you about Igboland being "small". The truth is that if we do this, Igboland will become the biggest center of commerce and economic saturation in AFRICA. Some are afraid of that possibility, but we must not buy into their lies.

Here I stand!

Onlytruth, Ndu di n'eziokwu 1 of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland. cool cool cool

Eze-Igbo,that your Igbo proverb is ANCIENT!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2012
alj harem: I support an International Airport but 3 is too much.

Lets forgot this pettiness and look at the viability of have 3 within driving distance. It is unreasonable, very unreasonable.

You are an Eze you can do better undecided

Dude,you have been quite calm of late abi you don create a new id ?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by OneNaira6: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11: Am beginning to think that Eze Onlytruth is light years ahead of all these retardeens we have on NL. This is somebody who is seeing the future of Alaigbo even beyond some of our sitting governors. He made sense when he posited that cities like Onitsha needs an Irnternational airport going by the volume of economic activities taking place in the city, which can only be compared to Lagos and PH. Nnewi also needs an access to the international airport that will be sited around Onitsha or Anambra north area.

I tell ya. I'll still trying to fathom why international airport in SE is causing these people headaches. As someone mentioned, if they do not want to go through any of region to reach their homestate what is the problem with that? Asaba is literally right by side Ontisha and i support ontisha getting its own international airport if do not want to use Asaba.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by NRIPRIEST(m): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2012
Abagworo:

You seem rather focused on your State alone and to an extent Enugu. Maybe the other Southeastern States of Imo, Ebonyi and Abia should dislink permanently and form their own alliance as I sense a particular pattern that keeps repeating itself. I am yet to notice any of your type planning with Ebonyi in consideration.

WHAT IS REALLY WRONG WITH THIS MAN ? The Igbos made a proverb and said that; "ana esi na uno dili mma wee puta na ezi"(charity begins at home).
I am beginning to think you are obssesed!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by OneNaira6: 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend: Nna, the SE don't need three airports - I'll suggest one airport on every street in the whole of SE. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You've erosion destroying your red soil, instead of finding a solution to that before biafra goes under, you're daydreaming about airports. What does the Aba man making shoes need an airport for, when most of customers resides in Lagos? The average okrika cloth seller in onitsha just need a good rail transport to transport his/her merchandise to customers in Kano city - not an airport.

It just a shame, Ibo or eboes will never get it right. Why did you vote for a clown like OnlyILLUSION as your EZE GBURU GBURU? The guy is clueless!!! If these are the future leaders of Biafra Republic, I won't be surprised if Biafra is worse than Somalia.

ROFLMFAO. You can always tell when someone is clueless to understand what is being spoken but will jump into the conservation just so his voice can be heard.

Nwoke, International and Domestic are NOT the same thing. Chei!!

International is aboard (USA, UK, China, Angola, Ghana, South Africa, Morocco, India, etc. Outside of the nation), domestic is within the nation. Education don fly past you.

It is not a must to speak, if you do not understand the conservation at hand.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by OneNaira6: 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Abagworo:

Did you miss my post of Ebonyi?

Something is wrong with you. You just like talking, I feel people should just ignore you from henceforth.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2012
Abagworo:

Oh you did notice, ofcos that is the same nature you exhibit each time you create your usual senseless threads to spite others. Am happy you realize how it feels when you go out with your incoherent posts.

Back to the topic: Anambra and Enugu are long over due for world class international airports. These are only SE states that requires international airports. Particularly Onitsha needs international airport because of the huge and immense economic activities witnessed in the city.

While the international cargo airport in Anambra(Otuocha) will serve Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi, Nsukka, down to Imo state and some parts of Kogi, that of Enugu will serve Enugu, Abakaliki and some parts of Abia state.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2012
I agree with the location of three international airports in the SE, but feel Enugu and upgrading the one in Owerri should suffice for the time being, while Anambra gov't enters into a partnership with the Delta state gov't to buy a stake in Asaba airport.

People that say the SE should first fix roads, schools, erosion, etc, are not seeing the bigger picture. All these infrastructure/projects are of course necessary, but it would be better to build/upgrade the airports mentioned while these basic necessities are being done, so when everything is finished, we can hit the ground running and declare the entire SE open for business. Rather than having to wait an extra 2 to 3 years (or more as is the case with any Nigerian project: just look at how Asaba airport is taking forever to finish) to build what we could have done much earlier.

Having two international gateways to the SE, coupled with a good rail network, good roads and constant power supply would serve as a catalyst for economic/industrial growth. It would attract not only foreigners to invest/visit the SE, but encourage Igbos to relocate back home as well and the unfair situation where you have to be based either in Lagos or Abuja (as some bastards have made it thus far) to set up shop for an int'l market or to interact with the rest of the world, such a situation would be reduced to some extent.

The federal gov't could build Enugu airport, while Owerri is upgraded by the entire SE states in a PPP arrangement, with all the states involved having a stake in it. We need to have a 'regional' and 'intergrated' outlook towards development in the SE. And there needs to be less division and bickering for this to succeed.

Regarding Anambra: if it decides to partner with the Delta state gov't, then any rail network planned to link major cities in the SE should extend to Asaba, as well as Port Harcourt, Uyo and Calabar.

Also, not much can be achieved without constant power supply. But i have faith that Nnaji will stay the course and we should see some improvements in power supply within the next 2 years.

Onitsha River Port i heard is now to be commissioned by the President next month. There should be a stakeholders meeting to explore ways to FULLY utilise this facility, and any paperwork/laws that need to be put in place should be settled with no faffing about and timewasting. By now moves should have been made to link Onitsha River Port by rail, and if this hasn't been done then i wonder what Obi is doing.

My vision for Owerri is to be a gateway to the tourist haven of the east at Oguta. The potentials of that place are yet to be tapped fully, and i'd like to see a world class 5-star Hotel/conference centre/Golf Resort located by the lake there.

Nnewi and Onitsha can also be opened up to an int'l market and benefit from FDI's (that thus far have been centred in and around Lagos and Abuja) to help its entrepreneurial and business class grow.

But all this can only be achieved if we have visionary and 'digital-age' leadership in the respective states, with the hunger to succeed and desire to work with the brother Governors for the greater good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxH3rPChJIU
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2012
One_Naira One_Biafra:

ROFLMFAO. You can always tell when someone is clueless to understand what is being spoken but will jump into the conservation just so his voice can be heard.

Nwoke, International and Domestic are NOT the same thing. Chei!!

International is aboard (USA, UK, China, Angola, Ghana, South Africa, Morocco, India, etc. Outside of the nation), domestic is within the nation. Education don fly past you.

It is not a must to speak, if you do not understand the conservation at hand.

You're an idiot!! What do you manufacture in Igboland that can be exported to the Countries you listed? Get real, Biafran warlord! There is a cargo airport in Anambra and no one uses it, yet you clowns want three airports.

Like I always tell my Igbo friends, if not for Nigeria - Igboland won't be different from Somalia. Most Igbos think after they act - keep living in your delusional world! lipsrsealed
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2012
Anambra does not need to buy a stake in any state whatsoever. An international cargo airport has been approved for Anambra by federal government. I know that with coming on stream of the Orient oil/gas refinery in Anambra, they will hasten the construction of the airport.

Am re-sending the link.

http://www.aircargonews.net/News/Green-light-for-Nigeria-cargo-airport.aspx
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

You're an idiot!! What do you manufacture in Igboland that can be exported to the Countries you listed? Get real, Biafran warlord! There is a cargo airport in Anambra and no one uses it, yet you clowns want three airports.

Like I always tell my Igbo friends, if not for Nigeria - Igboland won't be different from Somalia. Most Igbos think after they act - keep living in your delusional world! lipsrsealed

but it is you that is thinking through your a.s.s.
haven't you ever heard the word "export" before?
must all the goods made or originating in aba end up in lagos?
what about angola, cameroon, kenya, zimbabwe, mozambique and all other african countries?
do you think they all have "okrika" locally?
you are so fearful of the possibilities in this idea, especially what it may do to lagos. that is the only reason you are talking trash here
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
Dede1:

bettyfool, you are one reason among numerous reasons Nigeria remains a backwater. An average Igbo trader wants quick rate of turnover in his or her business and sorry arse railroad system and poor networks of roads are not enough. Even if they might be “okrika cloth sellers” or “shoe makers”, it is imperative to have quicker ways of transportation of goods and service than currently in place.

Anyway a malnourished punk such as you does not have pedigree to tell average Igbo trader what he or she needs for bulk movement of goods.

Where are you going to export your substandard Aba shoes, and fake 'niki', 'adidoose', 'pumer' clothes etc. to? Get real, Dede1!!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

but it is you that is thinking through your a.s.s.
haven't you ever heard the word "export" before?
must all the goods made or originating in aba end up in lagos?
what about angola, cameroon, kenya, zimbabwe, mozambique and all other african countries?
do you think they all have "okrika" locally?
you are so fearful of the possibilities in this idea, especially what it may do to lagos. that is the only reason you are talking trash here

EXPORT what, though?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11: Anambra does not need to buy a stake in any state whatsoever. An international [b]cargo airport [/b]has been approved for Anambra by federal government. I know that with coming on stream of the Orient oil/gas refinery in Anambra, they will hasten the construction of the airport.

Am re-sending the link.

http://www.aircargonews.net/News/Green-light-for-Nigeria-cargo-airport.aspx

we need it to become a [b]full [/b]international airport to enable movement of international people in and out of anambra and environ
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

EXPORT what, though?

to borrow from you; export "okrika" undecided
dude go grow a brain please!

i know your type don't know that innoson sources 60-70% of his auto parts in anambra and enugu states.
for starter he can export some of them!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by ak47mann(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

you are very dumbbb!! which Somalia? any way let me leave you for now continue i found you really interesting dummy wink wink
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by OneNaira6: 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

Nigeria that is already in the part of becoming the next Zimbabwe or Somalia is what you think is saving Igboland. You must be a fool, whom knows nothing about development. Nigeria in no way is holding Igboland intact, if anything, Nigeria is holding that region back.

As for the highlighted, dude is it a must to display your ignorance? Is it? If you are stupid, you should hide your stupid1ty. It is not a must to talk. International airport deals not just manufacturing product but citizens returning home you buffon. An easier route for the returnee. Prety much onlytuth and everyone supporting him were speaking of individuals and Igbo business man and women.
Did you even bother reading anyone's post or did you just jump in to show your ignorance?

As for the Anambra airport cargo, what is the name? list it. IT is like how one of you bigots mentioned Ontisha has a sea port and someone asked una to name it, the 1diot waka run without naming what he gladly said. What is the name of Anambra airport cargo, when was it built, etc.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by emsquare(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
shymmex: I think three Airports are not enough, why can't you ask for fifty? Nigerians are dying everyday from hunger, stress, lack of health care, and lack of basic infrastructures - yet you want the government to waste the scarce resources on irrelevant structures. undecided

Word!!!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

to borrow from you; export "okrika" undecided
dude go grow a brain please!

i know your type don't know that innoson sources 60-70% of his auto parts in anambra and enugu states.
for starter he can export some of them!

Export Okrika, huh? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Innosom isn't exporting nothing anytime soon. So, why not put the cart before the horse - rather than the other way round? The SE needs infrastructural development, schools, good health care, road etc..
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
These are usual Yoruba cave cities. These Yoruba cities cannot compete with any least SE city. Somalia-like-city could only be found in SW of Nigeria, even the north is way ahead of yorubaland.

Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

Innosom isn't exporting nothing anytime soon. So, why not put the cart before the horse - rather than the other way round? The SE needs infrastructural development, schools, good health care, road etc..

i think the more appropriate question is why are you so interested if it has nothing to do with you, especially as the OP already said that states or private capital should fund them not federal money
so why are you sweating over this?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11: These are usual Yoruba cave cities. These Yoruba cities cannot compete with any least SE city. Somalia-like-city could only be found in SW of Nigeria, even the north is way ahead of yorubaland.

chino nwanne mu egbukwana madu grin grin grin grin cheesy
these Yoruba vultures won't let us be.
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:28pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

i think the more appropriate question is why are you so interested if it has nothing to do with you, especially as the OP already said that states or private capital should fund them not federal money
so why are you sweating over this?

I'm Nigerian, and I have a RIGHT to critique any proposal which involves spending part of our national wealth, period. As long as Igboland is part of Nigeria - I'm entitled to critique it. cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by chino11(m): 8:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
re@lchange:

chino nwanne mu egbukwana madu grin grin grin grin cheesy
these Yoruba vultures won't let us be.

Nwanne mu, we will lynch any 'Yoruba' who venture to drink panadol for Igboman's headache. cool cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11 Rhino11:
These are usual Yoruba cave cities. These Yoruba cities cannot compete with any least SE city. Somalia-like-city could only be found in SW of Nigeria, even the north is way ahead of yorubaland.

At least there is building in that city built with YORUBA MONEY, that's taller and more expensive than all the buildings in Nigeria - including Biafra land! cool
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

^^^Just what's your concern with this thread? I can't -by any stretch of the imagination- call you a friend of Ndigbo or someone interested in Igbo progress. So why don't you fuc/k off?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by jason123: 8:30pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Chino

Most southern cities are like that. You display a form of superiority complex that is very irritating even to your kinsmen. What is in Onitsha/anambra sef? undecided

Isn't this Onitcha?

How are these picture different from your pictures?
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 28, 2012
bittyend:

I'm Nigerian, and I have a RIGHT to critique any proposal which involves spending part of our national wealth, period. As long as Igboland is part of Nigeria - I'm entitled to critique it. cool

i'm sure that is why the OP said that the federal government should not fund it.
he knows there are people like you who would cry like babies
but you are still crying
so what is your problem now?

fashola is building an international airport at lekki
why should anambra for example not do the same?
hypocrite!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by bittyend(m): 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2012
chino11 Rhino11:

Nwanne mu, we will lynch any 'Yoruba' who venture to drink panadol for Igboman's headache. cool cool

The same way Ejine lynched you - and made you fall in love with him, huh? Were you not begging Ejine to meet in a hotel a couple of days ago - so, he can phuck you in your arse? I have got proofs!
Re: South East Nigeria Needs Three International Airports by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Just what's your concern with this thread? I can't -by any stretch of the imagination- call you a friend of Ndigbo or someone interested in Igbo progress. So why don't you fuc/k off?

but he likes to say he has igbo friends
maybe they are all inside his stomach! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest In Lagos (videos, photos) / Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master / Adesina Reveals Buhari’s Response To Tinubu’s ‘emi Lokan’ Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.