Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? (12829 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / I Do Not Believe in God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 6:00pm On May 17, 2012
Evolution has never been proved by anybody. Whether white, black or any other colour they might be...
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 6:06pm On May 17, 2012
italo: Evolution has never been proved by anybody. Whether white, black or any other colour they might be...

I would gladly overlook your fallacious comment if you would say the same thing about God which holds true. God's existence has never been proven

Evolution has been proven- fossils, current evolution etc

Evolution is a scientific theory
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 7:01pm On May 17, 2012
logicboy:

I would gladly overlook your fallacious comment if you would say the same thing about God which holds true. God's existence has never been proven

Evolution has been proven- fossils, current evolution etc

Evolution is a scientific theory

That a man picked up a fossil in some part of the earth, is no proof that I evolved from apes or fishes. Is it?

I agree with you: evolution is ONLY a scientific theory - NOT a fact!

And God's existence is proven. Only, you don't have the willingness and/or capability to perceive the proof.

Imagine a blind man saying "it has never been proved that the sky is blue." Or a deaf man saying "it has never been proved that birds sing."

How would you go about proving these to these people?

Maybe I can learn a thing or two about proving God's existence to you, Mr LOGIC boy.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 9:49pm On May 17, 2012
italo:

That a man picked up a fossil in some part of the earth, is no proof that I evolved from apes or fishes. Is it?

And God's existence is proven. Only, you don't have the willingness and/or capability to perceive the proof.

Imagine a blind man saying "it has never been proved that the sky is blue." Or a deaf man saying "it has never been proved that birds sing."

How would you go about proving these to these people?

Maybe I can learn a thing or two about proving God's existence to you, Mr LOGIC boy.

1) You fail to understand what a scientific theory is? Germ theory is why you know that bacteria causes diseases. You believe in the theory of gravity, dont you?

2) A scientifc theory contains facts and laws.

3) There is no debate in evolution. There are transitional fossils that show the stages of evolution. Evn presently, man is evolving as we are losing our wisdom teeth and we are getting bigger .

4) I am not blind. If there is a god , I would be able to percieve him.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 11:23pm On May 17, 2012
logicboy:

1) You fail to understand what a scientific theory is? Germ theory is why you know that bacteria causes diseases. You believe in the theory of gravity, dont you?

2) A scientifc theory contains facts and laws.

3) There is no debate in evolution. There are transitional fossils that show the stages of evolution. Evn presently, man is evolving as we are losing our wisdom teeth and we are getting bigger .

4) I am not blind. If there is a god , I would be able to percieve him.

That a scientific theory "contains facts and laws" doesn't mean it's a fact. It is not!

Example: It is a fact that fossil skulls have been found that are intermediate in appearance between humans and modern apes. It is a fact that fossils have been found that are clearly intermediate in appearance between dinosaurs and birds.

Facts may be interpreted in different ways by different individuals, but that doesn't change the facts themselves.

Theories, however, may be good, bad, or indifferent. They may be true, false or in-between. They may be well established by the factual evidence, or they may lack credibility.

You're still like a blind man who says, "if the sky were blue, I would perceive it."

He doesn't know what "blue" is, so how can he perceive it?

You don't know 'what' God is, so how can you perceive him (or even know how to)?
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 11:39pm On May 17, 2012
italo:

That a scientific theory "contains facts and laws" doesn't mean it's a fact. It is not!

Example: It is a fact that fossil skulls have been found that are intermediate in appearance between humans and modern apes. It is a fact that fossils have been found that are clearly intermediate in appearance between dinosaurs and birds.

Facts may be interpreted in different ways by different individuals, but that doesn't change the facts themselves.

Theories, however, may be good, bad, or indifferent. They may be true, false or in-between. They may be well established by the factual evidence, or they may lack credibility.

You're still like a blind man who says, "if the sky were blue, I would perceive it."

He doesn't know what "blue" is, so how can he perceive it?

You don't know 'what' God is, so how can you perceive him (or even know how to)?

1)Why dont you reject germ theory or gravity? You are free to play in the gutter or to throw your phone at force to the ground. s it because your pastors and fellow christians have told you not to believe in evolution. Clearly, you dont know what a scientific theory means. It is clearly different from a layman's theory.

2) There are transitional fossils that have been found and are well documented. I dont know where to start with your ignorance. Please, let me redirect you to my thread where I destroyed 3 creationists;

https://www.nairaland.com/922920/destruction-creationists-olaadegbu-brainpulse-bigd4050

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M96bkdohMZE

3) I am not blind or deaf, you are talking nonsense. The epic failure of christianity;

There is not one thing that a christian can do that a non-believer can not. If this is not evidence for both the uselessness of God and the irrelevance of christianity, I do not know what is.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 5:18am On May 18, 2012
logicboy:

1)Why dont you reject germ theory or gravity? You are free to play in the gutter or to throw your phone at force to the ground. s it because your pastors and fellow christians have told you not to believe in evolution. Clearly, you dont know what a scientific theory means. It is clearly different from a layman's theory.

2) There are transitional fossils that have been found and are well documented. I dont know where to start with your ignorance. Please, let me redirect you to my thread where I destroyed 3 creationists;

https://www.nairaland.com/922920/destruction-creationists-olaadegbu-brainpulse-bigd4050

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M96bkdohMZE

3) I am not blind or deaf, you are talking nonsense. The epic failure of christianity;

There is not one thing that a christian can do that a non-believer can not. If this is not evidence for both the uselessness of God and the irrelevance of christianity, I do not know what is.

I don't reject the evolution theory, but that doesn't mean I see it as a fact - it is not a fact that humans evolved from fishes. And even if it were, you seem not to be aware that "facts" are not necessarily true. There are so many "scientific facts" that have been later found to be false. I know what a scientific theory is: it is NOT FACT!

Its you who is most ignorant. You have never seen or touched a fossil, have you? So going by you method of testing for evidence, its safe to say you know nothing about them. Unless you are basing your argument on FAITH in what scientists say... Are you?

You still haven't told me how to prove to a blind man that the sky is blue...and to a deaf man that birds sing. Instead you keep replying rubbish. Your epic failure!

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by ijawkid(m): 7:01am On May 18, 2012
@logic boy...u baffle me a lot...

Ur speaking like the ""thoery of gravity" or the word ""gravity"" is what created d gravity....

It was just a name given to the pull(force)....

We all feel gravity even if we can see it...

We percieve its action on us.....

I could give it another name if I had existed as a scientist in them day....

I still can't believe that u'll degrade your life and urself claiming u evolved from ape or some fossils(fishes) just to run away from d fact that there's an intelligent creator...

I had once in a previous post wished that d kids u give birth to come as apes or fishes so that u'll get d full import of what u wish for.....
Do you have kids??

And it has been asked a million times why recent apes stopped evolving into humans ,but give birth to there kinds?

Is reproduction and evolution the same and exact thing?

Why are we humans giving birth to our kinds?

Are we evolving??

Show me 1 evolved human......

Show me proof,.....

Use urself as an example....

Are u evolving into some freaky monster anytime from. Now

U had better be happy God created man the way we are...
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 7:33am On May 18, 2012
logicboy:

There is not one thing that you can do in your family (assuming you're a bona fide son), that, let's say, your brother who has rejected the family cannot do.

True?

If yes, then is that not proof that your father and family are useless?

Just trying to reason like you, LOGIC boy.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 8:48am On May 18, 2012
Mr 'I can't see, touch, hear, taste or smell, so it doesn't exist.'

Are there dreams? Is there love, hate, etc? Do people forget things? Do you really believe what you say? (Its possible you're just pretending)
Is there proof for all these?

If you can't provide sensory proof, should we then say that all those are lies?
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 11:45am On May 18, 2012
italo: Mr 'I can't see, touch, hear, taste or smell, so it doesn't exist.'

Are there dreams? Is there love, hate, etc? Do people forget things? Do you really believe what you say? (Its possible you're just pretending)
Is there proof for all these?

If you can't provide sensory proof, should we then say that all those are lies?

1) You experience and see your dreams

2) You feel the adrenaline rush wen you get angry.

3) You can feel the dfferent kinds of love. There arefacial expressions when people are in love together. When you want to have sex, your hormones are in action and you feel the manhood come to life or the pussycat get wet

You are just blatantly ignorant
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 12:01pm On May 18, 2012
italo:

I don't reject the evolution theory, but that doesn't mean I see it as a fact - it is not a fact that humans evolved from fishes. And even if it were, you seem not to be aware that "facts" are not necessarily true. There are so many "scientific facts" that have been later found to be false. I know what a scientific theory is: it is NOT FACT!

Its you who is most ignorant. You have never seen or touched a fossil, have you? So going by you method of testing for evidence, its safe to say you know nothing about them. Unless you are basing your argument on FAITH in what scientists say... Are you?

You still haven't told me how to prove to a blind man that the sky is blue...and to a deaf man that birds sing. Instead you keep replying rubbish. Your epic failure!

Facts are not necessarily true? Why do you chose to remain ignorant?

I have seen a fossil. It's because of christian idiots like you that we dont have science museums in Nigeria with fossils on evolution. I am really starting to dislike your thinking. It is very toxic. People like you never bring progress.

I am not blind or deaf or dumb. I can perceive things. You thinking is quite irrelevant unless you are saying that atheists, agnostics and unbelievers are blind, which is very foolish.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 12:23pm On May 18, 2012
ijawkid: @logic boy...u baffle me a lot...

Ur speaking like the ""thoery of gravity" or the word ""gravity"" is what created d gravity....

It was just a name given to the pull(force)....

We all feel gravity even if we can see it...

We percieve its action on us.....

I could give it another name if I had existed as a scientist in them day....

I still can't believe that u'll degrade your life and urself claiming u evolved from ape or some fossils(fishes) just to run away from d fact that there's an intelligent creator...

I had once in a previous post wished that d kids u give birth to come as apes or fishes so that u'll get d full import of what u wish for.....
Do you have kids??

And it has been asked a million times why recent apes stopped evolving into humans ,but give birth to there kinds?

Is reproduction and evolution the same and exact thing?

Why are we humans giving birth to our kinds?

Are we evolving??

Show me 1 evolved human......

Show me proof,.....

Use urself as an example....

Are u evolving into some freaky monster anytime from. Now

U had better be happy God created man the way we are...

Why do you choose to be ignorant?

1) Monkeys are not evolving into humans anymore because of speciation. Humans and monkeys have the same common ancestor but along the way, there was a genetic drift and and we got split into different species. The common ancestors branched into different species. Humans will evolve into more advanced humans and monkeys into advanced monkeys.

2) Yes, we are all turning into monsters. I did not grow all of my wisdom teeth. The other one that grew needs removal. We have no need for our wisdom teeth unlike before. We are bigger than human beings during the medieval times. Bigger with more effective teeth. Monsters

3) The germ theory nko? Do you reject it? Why not roll around in the gutter and see what germs can do?

4) You christians are one of the reasons why Nigeria is backwards, we have no science museums to showcase fossils because evolution debunks the bible. We dont have spearation of church and state for freedom of persecution by religious fanatics. The muslims in Nigeria are a lost cause and another entire story.,
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 3:54pm On May 18, 2012
logicboy:
1) You experience and see your dreams

How can you prove that you "experience and see" your dreams to someone who swears that you don't dream?

logicboy: 2) You feel the adrenaline rush wen you get angry.

How can you prove to me that you have an adrenaline rush, and that the adrenaline rush signifies anger and not some other emotion?

For all I know, one can pretend to have an adrenaline rush, or he can feel aroused and say he is angry.

logicboy: 3) You can feel the dfferent kinds of love. There arefacial expressions when people are in love together. When you want to have sex, your hormones are in action and you feel the manhood come to life or the pussycat get wet

How can you prove to me that you feel a particular kind of love or the other? So facial expressions are your evidence for love? So what facial expression should I expect to see on you to show you love your mother, and which one to show you love your country?

logicboy: You are just blatantly ignorant

One thing I'm sure I'm ignorant of is 'whether you have a brain, and if you do, whether you think with it.' I doubt both because you are yet to prove it.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 4:29pm On May 18, 2012
italo:

How can you prove that you "experience and see" your dreams to someone who swears that you don't dream?

How can you prove to me that you have an adrenaline rush, and that the adrenaline rush signifies anger and not some other emotion?

For all I know, one can pretend to have an adrenaline rush, or he can feel aroused and say he is angry.

How can you prove to me that you feel a particular kind of love or the other? So facial expressions are your evidence for love? So what facial expression should I expect to see on you to show you love your mother, and which one to show you love your country?

One thing I'm sure I'm ignorant of is 'whether you have a brain, and if you do, whether you think with it.' I doubt both because you are yet to prove it.

You are purposefully ignorant. There is no redemption for you. Sadly, it is people like you who are a majority in Nigeria.

You ask me to prove what has been proven and is already self evident. Do you deny that you dream? Hav millions of people not recounted their dreams? Are there not ECG monitors to show spike brain activities during dreams?

You ask for proof of love which is also self evident if you have been in love or have family close to you. There are different kinds of love. There actions that are related to love. When I said facial expressions, I clearly mentioned "in love" but your ignorance let you to ask about love between mother and child. Love is actually chemistry + biology, hormones and brain activity.

Anger is self evident you and everybody else have been angry at one point or the other. To ask for proof is pure stupidity. How do you know if someone is angry? Facial expressions, animated movements, loud or harsh voice etc. Anger can also cause the adrenaline rush to shoot up beforte a fight.

I will repeat, it is because of willfully ignorant scums like you that make Nigeria a real sad place to live.

-There are no science museums for our children to learn evolution because ignorant people hate it because it debunks their religion
-There is no separation of church and state and hence no equality and freedom
-There is no history taught to our children on slavery so that islam and christianity can be protected.

You sir are a fool. Ironic when the bible says that a man who says in his heart there is no God is a fools. The biggest fools in Nigeria are fanatic christians and muslims
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:33pm On May 18, 2012
From time immemorial, our traditional cultures has always been religious oriented, which makes it very easy for them to believe in God.
It will be highly impossible for the 'poster' to let them believe otherwise.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by ijawkid(m): 4:58pm On May 18, 2012
logicboy:

Why do you choose to be ignorant?

1) Monkeys are not evolving into humans anymore because of speciation. Humans and monkeys have the same common ancestor but along the way, there was a genetic drift and and we got split into different species. The common ancestors branched into different species. Humans will evolve into more advanced humans and monkeys into advanced monkeys.

2) Yes, we are all turning into monsters. I did not grow all of my wisdom teeth. The other one that grew needs removal. We have no need for our wisdom teeth unlike before. We are bigger than human beings during the medieval times. Bigger with more effective teeth. Monsters

3) The germ theory nko? Do you reject it? Why not roll around in the gutter and see what germs can do?

4) You christians are one of the reasons why Nigeria is backwards, we have no science museums to showcase fossils because evolution debunks the bible. We dont have spearation of church and state for freedom of persecution by religious fanatics. The muslims in Nigeria are a lost cause and another entire story.,

Y should we be worried about fossils when are worried with what happens to us after death...

Old age and death is what has plagued mankind for aeons and we wish it ends...

Fossils or sh**t d end result is death....

u foolishly believe ur gods(atheists) when they tell u monkeys have stopped evolving into humans...

Why
Why didn't u argue with them

It is in this era where people like u need proof for everything. That we suddenly stopped evolving....

Are things evolving or reproducing there own kinds

With d millions of species of plants and animals how come are they all reproducing there kinds rather than evolving into something different

When u must have evolved into a dragon u can give me a beep here on nairaland...

And I'mma give u a good reason why 9ja is backward...

Because d persons who claim to serve God are hypocritical...
They dnt obey God by there actions...
That's why there's mayhem here in nigeria...

Even if wole soyinka rules 9ja this is how it will be....

A thief is always thief until he or she changes.....
We all know what 9ja's problem is....
Its not fossils or evolution or creation...

It is corruption!!!!!!!!!!
If I call u a monkey now u'll get angry,but it seems u realy love to be 1....
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:02pm On May 18, 2012
TheShopKeeper: From time immemorial, our traditional cultures has always been religious oriented, which makes it very easy for them to believe in God.

Perhaps I have misunderstood.
But you say that culture has always been "religiously oriented" ... not just that encouraged not believe in god ... but maintained in a culture "religiously oriented" ...
It seems contradictory ... can you explain?
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 5:04pm On May 18, 2012
TheShopKeeper: From time immemorial, our traditional cultures has always been religious oriented, which makes it very easy for them to believe in God.

Then why are we not sticking to our traditional cultures then? Why accept a foreign God?
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 5:34pm On May 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Y should we be worried about fossils when are worried with what happens to us after death...

Old age and death is what has plagued mankind for aeons and we wish it ends...

Fossils or sh**t d end result is death....

u foolishly believe ur gods(atheists) when they tell u monkeys have stopped evolving into humans...

Why
Why didn't u argue with them

It is in this era where people like u need proof for everything. That we suddenly stopped evolving....

Are things evolving or reproducing there own kinds

With d millions of species of plants and animals how come are they all reproducing there kinds rather than evolving into something different

When u must have evolved into a dragon u can give me a beep here on nairaland...

And I'mma give u a good reason why 9ja is backward...

Because d persons who claim to serve God are hypocritical...
They dnt obey God by there actions...
That's why there's mayhem here in nigeria...

Even if wole soyinka rules 9ja this is how it will be....

A thief is always thief until he or she changes.....
We all know what 9ja's problem is....
Its not fossils or evolution or creation...

It is corruption!!!!!!!!!!
If I call u a monkey now u'll get angry,but it seems u realy love to be 1....

You sir, are why people look down on blacks and Nigerians. You keep thinking about an afterlife for which no proof exists instead of looking how to improve your life and the lives of others around you. The British people who brought christianity to Nigeria are not even as christian as Nigeria. Britain is a secular country with about 20% atheists. The have separation of church and state. They also have a society that always looks to solve the problems they have. There is discussion on how to tackle problems like unemployment and govt excesses.

In Nigeria, the senators who are either christians or muslims quickly passed an anti-homosexual bill to imprison gays for 14 years but failed to pass a bill on minimum wage.

Your ignorance can not be overstated. I told you about speciation and why monkeys can not evolve into human beings but you ignorantly started throwing out ad hominems. What is wrong with you? Why would you say that I follow evolution on a basis of faith on whatever scientists say? There are enough scientific journals and discussions on the internet about speciation. Science works with proof, facts, calaculations and observations. I read and educated myself. There are enough materials on the internet to learn from. Google is your friend but like an idiot, you keep ignoring facts and reading your factually incorrect bible.

Here is a list of what religion has done to your country-
-Boko Haram
-Supported slavery
-No separation of church and state
-No lectures on history concerning slavery in secondary school classes
-No teaching of evolution in secondary school. No evolution questions in WAEC SSCE or JSCE (junior WAEC)
-No science mesuems that would have fossils on evolution
-Erosion of our culture. Our local sculptures are called idols while crosses are called holy. We forget that we were never a christian country in history.

You will say that teaching evolution and history to kids are not important but you should look at how chinese, Japanese and European kids are developing. The kids learn lot of information when they are young and grow up to be intelligent world leaders.

What about history? Look at American Jews and Americans in general. The Jews always remember the history of the holocaust. They dont allow anyone to insult them. They have holocaust denial laws. They appreciate their history. How many Jewish catholics do you know? Do you realise that the catholic church supported Hitler.
What does a black Nigerian like you do? He rushes to the religion that enslaved his ancestors and doesnt teach his children the history of what christainity has done to harm their country. The Nigerians who think like you forget to educate their children on the support for slavery that exists in the bible.

You disown your history, your culture and enslave your children in a cycle of ignorance all because of a foriegn religion.

Goodluck to you.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by Avicenna: 6:09pm On May 18, 2012
Logicboy.
Thank you very much. If it were me arguing with those two posters, I would have given up.
I mean WTF!
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 6:09pm On May 18, 2012
logicboy:
Facts are not necessarily true? Why do you chose to remain ignorant? Before Galileo, it was a fact that the earth was flat. But it wasn't true.

[quote author=logicboy]I have seen a fossil. It's because of christian idiots like you that we dont have science museums in Nigeria with fossils on evolution. I am really starting to dislike your thinking. It is very toxic. People like you never bring progress.

Great! You have seen a fossil! So it should be easy for you to talk about the test you carried out on it and how you came to conclusions on details like its age and how that fossil proves that you evolved from a fish. *Pls don't just repeat what you've been told and you BELIEVE*

All these insults... Are they meant to scare me into submission?

logicboy: I am not blind or deaf or dumb. I can perceive things. You thinking is quite irrelevant unless you are saying that atheists, agnostics and unbelievers are blind, which is very foolish.

I didn't say that atheists, agnostics and unbelievers are blind. It is you who just said so.

I only asked you to tell me how I can prove to a blind man that the sky is blue, but you'd rather not answer.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 6:17pm On May 18, 2012
Avicenna: Logicboy.
Thank you very much. If it were me arguing with those two posters, I would have given up.
I mean WTF!

It is very sad that there are many Nigerians who are proudly ignorant like them.

Can you imagine the dummy called Italo saying that it was a fact that the earth was flat in the past? Just because christians accepted it doesnt make it fact.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by vedaxcool(m): 6:55pm On May 18, 2012
Threads like this are proof enough why atheism is just another delusion the devil successfully foisted upon mankind, when some one becomes an atheist so that whitemen would look down upon him is evidently laughable, Italo I am compelled to say your points are very cogent and shows more logic that some pretend to have.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 7:09pm On May 18, 2012
vedaxcool: Threads like this are proof enough why atheism is just another delusion the devil successfully foisted upon mankind, when some one becomes an atheist so that whitemen would look down upon him is evidently laughable, Italo I am compelled to say your points are very cogent and shows more logic that some pretend to have.

If you have beef with me, settle it with me. You only look foolish when you cheerlead dummies like Italo. Even you have more brains than the guy.

You believe that Italo's points are very cogent? Here is a summary of his points;

-Evolution has not been proven (Fossils, current human evolution, observable evolution in animals all exist)
-God has been proven (No physical proof of God exists)
-Facts are not always true
-He tried to argue that I havent seen a fossil out of ignorance about science museums.

Furthermore, I have always known you to be a bigot. You claim that atheism is the delusion created by the devil. You are bigoted towards atheists. Yet, you claim to be a muslim. Or is islam about bigotry? grin grin grin
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by vedaxcool(m): 7:14pm On May 18, 2012
vedaxcool: Threads like this are proof enough why atheism is just another delusion the devil successfully foisted upon mankind, when some one becomes an atheist so that whitemen would look down upon him is evidently laughable, Italo I am compelled to say your points are very cogent and shows more logic that some pretend to have.

Trust me the truth hurts . . . grin grin grin
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 7:18pm On May 18, 2012
vedaxcool:

Trust me the truth hurts . . . grin grin grin

[img]http://www.troll.me/images/obv/seriously-bro-troll-harder-thumb.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 9:17am On May 19, 2012
logicboy:
You are purposefully ignorant. There is no redemption for you. Sadly, it is people like you who are a majority in Nigeria.

Try something new, please! Of course, by now, you, LOGIC boy should know that I will not be cowed by insults.

logicboy: You ask me to prove what has been proven and is already self evident. Do you deny that you dream? Hav millions of people not recounted their dreams? Are there not ECG monitors to show spike brain activities during dreams?

I don't deny that God is... And billions of people have "recounted" their experiences with God. Should we then take it as proof of the existence of God and end the argument? ECG or EEG monitors might indicate brain activities but they cannot conclusively prove that a man dreamt or did not dream. Only the man can say, and I have met one or two Atheists who say they don't dream. Besides, have you ever used an ECG or EEG monitor to observe brain activity, or you just have FAITH in what scientists told you?

logicboy: You ask for proof of love which is also self evident if you have been in love or have family close to you. There are different kinds of love. There actions that are related to love. When I said facial expressions, I clearly mentioned "in love" but your ignorance let you to ask about love between mother and child. Love is actually chemistry + biology, hormones and brain activity.

To cut your long garbage short: what irrefutable evidence can you give to show that you love your mother? If you cannot provide one, can we then agree that you don't love her?

logicboy: Anger is self evident you and everybody else have been angry at one point or the other. To ask for proof is pure stupidity. How do you know if someone is angry? Facial expressions, animated movements, loud or harsh voice etc. Anger can also cause the adrenaline rush to shoot up beforte a fight.

How do you know I have ever been angry? Have you ever seen me? Don't tell me you BELIEVE without seeing. If you think asking for proof of anger is "pure stupidity" then asking for proof of God is evidence of mental illness. I believe a person can have whatever "facial expression", "animated movements", "loud or harsh voice" and "adrenaline rush" without being angry. So how do all these prove that a man is angry?

logicboy: I will repeat, it is because of willfully ignorant scums like you that make Nigeria a real sad place to live.

Stale!

logicboy: -There are no science museums for our children to learn evolution because ignorant people hate it because it debunks their religion

Evolution doesn't debunk my religion.

logicboy: -There is no separation of church and state and hence no equality and freedom

There is no equality and freedom anywhere in the world. Including Atheist China and Cuba...and even in the US and UK.

logicboy: -There is no history taught to our children on slavery so that islam and christianity can be protected.

I was taught history of slavery in school, here in Nigeria.

logicboy: You sir are a fool. Ironic when the bible says that a man who says in his heart there is no God is a fools. The biggest fools in Nigeria are fanatic christians and muslims

Is this your best shot? You're even poor at hurling insults. What are you good at?

You sound angry, but I doubt really are. I think you're just pretending to be angry. Because there's no CONCRETE EVIDENCE.

1 Like

Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by italo: 9:37am On May 19, 2012
logicboy:
It is very sad that there are many Nigerians who are proudly ignorant like them.

Can you imagine the dummy called Italo saying that it was a fact that the earth was flat in the past? Just because christians accepted it doesnt make it fact.

Who refuted it? Even Atheists accepted it.
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by ijawkid(m): 10:00am On May 19, 2012
@logic boy...

All what u said is sh**t.....

I want u to evolve,dnt get old and die...

Bypass old age and death,just keep evolving....

My problem isn't monkey this ,monkey that,bing bang foolish theory...

My main concern is how would we stop getting old?

Let ur scientist stop old age and death...

I bet ur gods have always asked that question until old age and death swept them all away....
""Dust they were and dust they returned to""
U talk like d america or where ever u stay is a perfect place....
U talk like there's zero injustice in d western world because u now have atheists all over d place
Racism still continues to destroy mankind.....

what about pestilences

Don't u fools over there suffer d same as we do

Don't d westerners die??
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 10:02am On May 19, 2012
italo:

Who refuted it? Even Atheists accepted it.

Name one scientist who is also atheist that accepted it as fact
Re: Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? by logicboy: 10:51am On May 19, 2012
italo:

Try something new, please! Of course, by now, you, LOGIC boy should know that I will not be cowed by insults.

Not an insult if it is true. You are proudly ignorant and people that think like you ruin Nigeria. Every time I tell you how pathetic your thinking is, you naturally become more defensive, no doubt. However, when you sleep at night, you will be thinking of how true my statements are.

italo:
I don't deny that God is... And billions of people have "recounted" their experiences with God. Should we then take it as proof of the existence of God and end the argument? ECG or EEG monitors might indicate brain activities but they cannot conclusively prove that a man dreamt or did not dream. Only the man can say, and I have met one or two Atheists who say they don't dream. Besides, have you ever used an ECG or EEG monitor to observe brain activity, or you just have FAITH in what scientists told you?

Everybody has dreams. There is no one that can say that he hasnt dreamed. Now, is that the same for your God? Unlike, your fake God, dreams have been studied and understood to a certain level. There are different stages of sleep. REM sleep is where we mostly dream. How do we know this? There is enough scientific study of this with EEG/ECG monitors as well as interviews. Dreams have been studied very well. Remember, unlike your God, everyone can vividly describe a nightmare that really scared them. Ask 1,000,000 christians what God looks like in heaven and how to describe him and they will not be able to.

Furthermore, brain activities like thoughts and dreams are personal. Everybody has their own and we can not transfer them visually from one person to another.

You end up looking foolish again when you try to act as if no evidence exists for dreams and compare your God to dreams. The basic fact remains that we can all describe very well a nightmare that has haunted us and scientist can tell what part of sleep that we are likely to dream in. Your God can not be described or scientifically studied. Clear difference.

Or can you tell me what God looks like?

italo:
To cut your long garbage short: what irrefutable evidence can you give to show that you love your mother? If you cannot provide one, can we then agree that you don't love her?

Simple, study my reactions and actions towards her. You need to see both of us to do that. Contrary to your God, even if met you, your evidence for god will still remain the same.

italo:
How do you know I have ever been angry? Have you ever seen me? Don't tell me you BELIEVE without seeing. If you think asking for proof of anger is "pure stupidity" then asking for proof of God is evidence of mental illness. I believe a person can have whatever "facial expression", "animated movements", "loud or harsh voice" and "adrenaline rush" without being angry. So how do all these prove that a man is angry?

Anger is an abstract. However, anger is a natural human emotion or behaviour. We have seen people angry and thats why there are words to describe it. Havent you seen people angry before? Unlike your God, no one has seen him or seen him in action. Have you seen God? There lies the basic difference.

If someone is shouting while frowning and clenching his fist, what is that if not anger? Facial expression, voice, movement

If I raped your daughter are you going to be happy or angry? Are you going to smile and sit calmly?

italo:
Evolution doesn't debunk my religion.

Dummy, the bible says that Adam was created. Evolution says that man was not created but evolved from other life forms

italo:
There is no equality and freedom anywhere in the world. Including Atheist China and Cuba...and even in the US and UK.

Freedom is not just an absolute. It is a continuum. Different levels of "freedom". We judge how free a country is on how well the press and the citizens are able to easily and freely voice their opinions. If I were to have a signboard in Lagos (As developed as Lagos is) that says that "there is no God". It would not last. Compare that to Europe and the USA where there is freedom of religions, expression and separation of church and statem

italo:
I was taught history of slavery in school, here in Nigeria.

No, you were taught a revised version of that history or else you wouldnt be Christian. Neo-Nazi's teach their children that Jews were evil and had to be killed. That is their version of history.

What you probably learnt in school did not tell you how much christianity was involved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why There Can't Be Evidence For God / Preachers And Pastors Receiving Monthly Salary For Preaching The Gospel. / What Line From A Christian Song Resonates With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.