Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story (9533 Views)

I Love My Eastern European Wife. She Is A True Gift From God. / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2012
I find NL as an interesting forum - and because it's faceless, it provides a platform to have a discourse with open minded people. I find most people on NL interesting, and being a guy who finds pleasure in discourse with knowledgeable people (not necessarily intellectuals) when I'm less busy - I think we can all learn from one another.

Whilst growing up, I was never a 'girlist' - I was just one of those guys who are fascinated by tits - but never really the type who thought girls should be best friends with guys. I wasn't a sexist neither, I was just that hiphop guy - with a hustler's state of mind. My thing was getting paid before anything else. I never really paid attention to girls - though most girls thought I was cute - but being in a relationship wasn't really my thing. To cut the story short, all the girls I checked before I turned 21, either moved to me first or flirted with me - before I moved to them. I never checked none of them for more than three month - I used to get bored of girls easily because of my make money first mentality, though we go our separate ways without any animosity. I can proudly say, I'm still cool with all them. And don't get it twisted, it wasn't because my game was wack - I had a lot of tricks up my sleeves when it comes to girls, and I pride myself in being vast in a lot of things. I can start and maintain conversation with anyone including girls, on any subject matter - and I'm also a mini-poet, and a R&B lover. I can switch from being a thug to an academic, and talk intelligently on different subject matters from politics, religion (I have both Muslim and Christian background), culture, tradition, Pan-Africanism, travel and tourism, international relations, geography, fashion, novels, sports, music, science and technology, to Eurocentrism. I'm well read and educated due to my background - and my thirst for knowledge - and I believe I'm eloquent and well spoken as well. I think I'm the best of both worlds!

My thing used to be, never fall in love, and marriage was an institution I'll never like to enroll in. Everything changed when I met this girl. I heard a lot about her from my friends who lived in the same ends with her before I met her, and how she has rejected everyone. I just kept asking myself, who's this girl who keeps rejecting everyone? - though they told me she wasn't stush and she talks to everyone who chirpse her. As fate would have it, I met her on a very sunny summer afternoon on the road - then I decided to check the girl out - to find out what she was about. Chatting to this girl blew me off my feet - though she was just average looking - her demeanour and intelligence were mind blowing - and I liked her and wanted her straight away. I played my cards right, and within three months she told me she was in love with me, and she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me. She was always there for me, and did things that I don't think anyone on this planet would have done for me. She showed me true love; the type of love I never knew existed, and she would take a bullet for me if she needed to. Being a guy with a soft heart, I decided to open up and reciprocate the love. I thought I found the person I'll spend the rest of my life with. I took down my guards down - and went against my own hypothesis, which were: "Love is for su.ckers and marriage is for the weak hearted." Quickly, I started planning my future with her - she became the focal point of my life (which was one of the greatest mistake I ever made but I don't regret it).

Then suddenly, the unthinkable happened - she told me too many things were going on in her life - and we needed to take a break. Her attitude started changing towards me, and I became a stalker. My life was put on hold for three months, all my masculinity fizzled out - I was weak and downtrodden, and love took its toll on me. I discovered love was mental slavery, and the enslavement of the subconscious mind. I discovered it was something real men striving to make great strides in life should never believe in. Love is for the weak hearted, and the fragile soul. We all learn from our mistakes, and I've since moved on to greater and better things. It's now two years after the 'love' fizzled out, the girl is still one of my best friends - back then, I was blinded by love but now I can see. I can see that love is a four letter fallacy - that people dabble into to hide their insecurities. Love died a painful and sorrowful death long time ago.

I know some posters would want to believe I'm saying this because someone broke my heart - but I've got news for you, I was mentally enslaved but now I'm free. And no one can break my heart because my heart is larger than life. You don't need love to be in a relationship - or for your girl to be the rock behind you. All you need are: likability, connection, tolerance, care, and understanding. I'm still cool with the girl, and we're happier whenever we're around each other - than when we were, when we were blindly in love. Love breeds sensitivity, and sensitivity breeds jealousy - go figure. wink

Yours Truly,

Shymmex the Don! cool

8 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by bittyend(m): 7:25pm On Mar 31, 2012
Hope it wasn't with a Nigerian girl? Ugliness don't deserve love. grin
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Emmerlee(m): 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2012
Ok.. ok..
Make sure not to 'fall in love' again when another 'special' girl blow you off your feet tomorrow. Hehehe!
PS: NEVER, Ever stalk a girl! Don't!!
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2012
I had to correct some typos.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 31, 2012
Emmerlee: Ok.. ok..
Make sure not to 'fall in love' again when another 'special' girl blow you off your feet tomorrow. Hehehe!
PS: NEVER, Ever stalk a girl! Don't!!

Thanks, bruv... I learned the hard way. sad
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2012
@Emmerlee

Can you share your experience with me?
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Emmerlee(m): 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2012
shymmex: @Emmerlee

Can you share your experience with me?

Shymmex, I hope to produce an interesting piece someday concerning my voyages with the ladies right from the very beginning.
However, the lessons are always the same for the guys at the end of the day..

Truth is when it comes to the beautiful ladies and our relationship with them, there are rules of engagement ohhh! Ignore the rules at your own peril.

It is well Bro.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2012
Emmerlee:

Shymmex, I hope to produce an interesting piece someday concerning my voyages with the ladies right from the very beginning.
However, the lessons are always the same for the guys at the end of the day..

Truth is when it comes to the beautiful ladies and our relationship with them, there are rules of engagement ohhh! Ignore the rules at your own peril.

It is well Bro.

I hear that, bruv.. Everything in life has pros and cons - and ignoring them leads to destruction. I guess too much of everything is problematic and nothing lasts forever.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by tasandra: 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2012
Abeg poster,talk anoda tory.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by slimyem: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2012
i read your story half-way.
too long and boring!
Please summarise!
Then again....my answer on true love depends on your definition of it!cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Onegai(f): 8:25pm On Mar 31, 2012
Hmmm, I feel for you. I'm at the same point in my life, and about to make the same decision you're making. However, I believe in Love, I just think we mess it up too often, so we should just look for compatibility rather than Love. But there's something in your OP which caught my attention, and I was already planning on starting a thread about it, so OP, go look there. It's called "Playing your cards right".
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2012
Onegai: Hmmm, I feel for you. I'm at the same point in my life, and about to make the same decision you're making. However, I believe in Love, I just think we mess it up too often, so we should just look for compatibility rather than Love. But there's something in your OP which caught my attention, and I was already planning on starting a thread about it, so OP, go look there. It's called "Playing your cards right".

Thanks, babes.. I'll check out the thread, when you post it. wink
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2012
slimyem: i read your story half-way.
too long and boring!
Please summarise!
Then again....my answer on true love depends on your definition of it!cheesy cheesy cheesy

Everything about you smells ignorance and stupidity. How do you pass exams?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
tasandra: Abeg poster,talk anoda tory.

Another 'tory' na how crayfish bend.

olodo! grin grin undecided
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by slimyem: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2012
shymmex:

Everything about you smells ignorance and stupidity. How do you pass exams?
oh really?
Tell me about since you know so much,
ode!cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by claremont(m): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2012
@OP: I must say that it's not every day one gets to read a well-written, literary masterpiece like yours here on Nairaland. Your article is like a a golden needle found in a hay-sack. Whenever I see excellent write-ups like yours, I remain optimistic that there still remains hope for the youth of Nigeria.

As per your title, I don't believe in the existence of a concept known as love for so many reasons. In my opinion, love is a mere glorified term for primordial relationships that have existed amongst human beings for centuries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by switcyndy(f): 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2012
@op
U re right. Love doesn't exist in dis our generation. It has gone into extinction. Our fore fathers were d ones privileged enuf to exprience it.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2012
Shymmex + Slimyem = I'm confuse grin
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Killz3(m): 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2012
REALITY101: Shymmex + Slimyem = I'm confuse grin
Where's BABE? There's work to do. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

Where's BABE? There's work to do. . . grin grin grin grin

In jail for shoplifting weight gain medication.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by obasijoy(f): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2012
@bittyend please don't you insult nigeria girls b/c there are millions of pretty nigeria girls that are better than your sisters! That's if you have one!
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Killz3(m): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2012
REALITY101:

In jail for shoplifting weight gain medication.
Dies Death. . . grin grin grin grin

My other source said she's in Jail for lifting arse enlargement medication!
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
claremont: @OP: I must say that it's not every day one gets to read a well-written, literary masterpiece like yours here on Nairaland. Your article is like a a golden needle found in a hay-sack. Whenever I see excellent write-ups like yours, I remain optimistic that there still remains hope for the youth of Nigeria.

As per your title, I don't believe in the existence of a concept known as love for so many reasons. In my opinion, love is a mere glorified term for primordial relationships that have existed amongst human beings for centuries.

Thanks for the compliment, bruv. I happy a lot of people are seeing through the illusion called: "love."

I'll be very glad if you can share some of your past experiences with fellow NLers.

Thanks.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2012
switcyndy: @op
U re right. Love doesn't exist in dis our generation. It has gone into extinction. Our fore fathers were d ones privileged enuf to exprience it.

GBAM!

Can you share your experience with us? And have you ever been in love?
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2012
slimyem: oh really?
Tell me about since you know so much,
ode!cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know you're a certified troll in this bytch, and you spew ignorance every time. undecided
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 31, 2012
~Killz~:

Dies Death. . . grin grin grin grin

My other source said she's in Jail for lifting arse enlargement medication!

Lord have mercy loool. That arse is all gone already. Btw who the Bleep is this shymmmass negro
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2012
REALITY101:

Lord have mercy loool. That arse is all gone already. Btw who the Bleep is this shymmmass negro

Watch what you say about me, bummy arse faggit. You and your sissy bf need to take to love life off this thread - this is about STRAIGHT PEOPLE - not homoerectus. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Onegai(f): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2012
See the truth: both parties manipulate and put their best self out there. Which is what happened to you. This is why you should be your self, don't be nice unless you feel like being nice, don't say sweet words when you don't mean it, do not go out of your way. It is better the babe falls in love with your flaws and happily discovers your good points. All relationships reach that point when the truth comes out, just pray the ring is not the finger by then. Love exists, we don't know how to handle it, so let's settle for compatibility. Not all of us were meant to be D'banj(no talent, all the money), some of us have to be Eedris (no career)or Eldee (awesome talent, not enough recognition) grin; likewise some of us will marry and hate it, most of us will marry compatible people and be okay and few will love and e go pain you everytime you see dem.
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Bombshell77: 9:51pm On Mar 31, 2012
shymmex:

Watch what you say about me, bummy arse faggit. You and your sissy bf need to take to love life off this thread - this is about STRAIGHT PEOPLE - not homoerectus. undecided
REALITY101:

Awww c'mon guys. Let's not fight here. People have different experiences so can we at least agree on that? Please? cry
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 31, 2012
Onegai: See the truth: both parties manipulate and put their best self out there. Which is what happened to you. This is why you should be your self, don't be nice unless you feel like being nice, don't say sweet words when you don't mean it, do not go out of your way. It is better the babe falls in love with your flaws and happily discovers your good points. All relationships reach that point when the truth comes out, just pray the ring is not the finger by then. Love exists, we don't know how to handle it, so let's settle for compatibility. Not all of us were meant to be D'banj(no talent, all the money), some of us have to be Eedris (no career)or Eldee (awesome talent, not enough recognition) grin; likewise some of us will marry and hate it, most of us will marry compatible people and be okay and few will love and e go pain you everytime you see dem.

Do you have any past experience you can share with us, love?
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Killz3(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2012
Onegai: See the truth: both parties manipulate and put their best self out there. Which is what happened to you. This is why you should be your self, don't be nice unless you feel like being nice, don't say sweet words when you don't mean it, do not go out of your way. It is better the babe falls in love with your flaws and happily discovers your good points. All relationships reach that point when the truth comes out, just pray the ring is not the finger by then. Love exists, we don't know how to handle it, so let's settle for compatibility. Not all of us were meant to be D'banj(no talent, all the money), some of us have to be Eedris (no career)or Eldee (awesome talent, not enough recognition) grin; likewise some of us will marry and hate it, most of us will marry compatible people and be okay and few will love and e go pain you everytime you see dem.
+1000
Well articulated!
Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by switcyndy(f): 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2012
shymmex:

GBAM!

Can you share your experience with us? And have you ever been in love?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Calls More In Your/a Relationship and why?? / She Bought Gift Worth Of 30k For Her Boyfriend And He Rejected It!! / Pantless Dancers Left In Shock, After A Faithful Boyfriend Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.