Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story (9548 Views)

I Love My Eastern European Wife. She Is A True Gift From God. / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. . / Do You Believe in Love At First Sight? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: Do You Believe In True Love? - My Story by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 25, 2012
mykearl: Hmmm.
This love issue Na wa o.
Now let me tell you MY story.
I attended a secondary school with a boarding house and while I mixed freely I refused to have a girlfriend though I had a few female friends.I just didn't believe in all the drama.
Left that school,spent a few years at home before I got into a university for a diploma.During the time at home I met did cute girl,became friends but that was all for a few years.About 3 hrs after we met though we were separated by my going to school we got to meet again and exchanged numbers.Her first call was for 14 minutes.Everybody in my hostel got to teasing me because I really was just this playful guy with no serious interest in girls.I felt like I had too many issues to bother with another.
Long story short I fell for her.Hard. it was like the movies.probably because I wanted it to be.I wrote poems , called everyday, more or less went freaking crazy.
It seemed like heaven.....
You know what happens now abi?
The inevitable landslide pulling the rug from underneath you.
I'd like to say I took it well but I'd be lying.I mourned like forever.Some of my poems can be read at thetravelerpoems.
Is love real?
It's hard to believe it is but what name should I call that gut wrenching pain that stayed in my heart 4 years after the drama?
I felt so foolish to have given it my all as I'm usually a very logical person but it's hard to regret it when I remember the floating in the clouds dancing to music only you can hear.
I'm a lot more cynical now and would just say it's the chemicals(hormones lol).
Still I can't forget.
I wrote once in a poem 'I kissed the dragon and can still taste the flames' or something to that effect.
Today I'm like this money/business/intellectually minded cynical guy that very fee ppl would ever believe is actually a softie.
That's what happens when young women run you over.
Still I'd be lying if I said I don't think about her endlessly even though I know it can never amount to anything.
Is this love or not?
Who cares? Move on.Next!
Easier said than done.

grin grin grin

Wonderful story, I can relate to your story...

I broke up with the girl more than a year ago, and I'd be lying if I said I don't think about her sometimes... That's one event in my life I'll always remember for the rest of my life... Sometimes, I just wished I had done things differently... That's why I'll never make the same mistake again........ We all learn from our past mistakes, and I'm happy you learned from yours - as I've done with mine...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Caught Having Sex In A Car, Shamed By Residents (photos) / Guys, Can You Drink Garrrrri In Front Of A Babe Or Chick? / What To Say Next After Greeting A Lady U Just Met While Chatting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.