Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,356 members, 7,836,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! (14567 Views)

Meeting An Online Date For The First Time, The Appropriate Venue. / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / How To Make Your Ex Feel Useless And Desperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by dubem3(m): 6:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
Killz.:

Gbogbo won ni. . . I work part time with the three both of them ke. . .

only you na examiner, referee, mediator... make ur mind dey oh... The children of Israel can de vex sometimes oh!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by jayzsumtin: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
Am 30 equally wanting 2 settle down, but stil searching. U can send me a mail on jnkentah@yahoo.com. I need 2 knw u more.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Xionez(m): 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2012
Imagine, itching to get married ASAP and then in 3 yrs time, they will be whining about not knowing their husbands well enough, singing "IF ONLY...." to anyone who cares to listen.

Sister, forgive me for saying this, but its your type that NEVER gets the right kind of guy. Dating is like lottery, you keep on playing till you get the right combination before you win. Jumping into Marriage is like betting on horses, you pray that it turns in your favour.....and usually it doesn't. Funny thing is that you never even knew the horse you placed your best bet on, you placed your bet according to what people where saying about the horse.
Goodluck to you.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by oobim(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Nigerians and their hypocrisy. . . .be sincere to yourself,can you marry a 34 years old woman ?
Yes,i can,sir.u can't,i can..choice!my woman is 32 n we wil b gettin married in JUne.
people r always in a haste in ds life...rush to marry,,rush to make money..rush to do evrythn,yet,they ain't satisfied/happy.

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by ebecode(m): 6:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dont mind them hypocrite. . . . .they want the OP to end up like them.what is wrong in being in a serious relationship at OP age ? But who would blame them when most of them are in their late 30s and still searching.
tttn726: Very interesting post.

Listen...i,m at work now (in London) can't stay on for long so here goes

Would love to "subscribe" and or "friend" you on Facebook. Why? You're yoruba (decent Yoruba pals (girls)are scarce in this city-London - for me atleast) and you sound interesting (like one can hold a discussion with you)

Can I say...I don't see you as desperate or anything. I am also not rushing in to say I want or anything else.

I created a temporary mail here - mail your FB or Googleplus addy (eterpetee@hotmail.co.uk)

Thank u my brother

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by MissEZ(f): 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2012
Nobody is saying the OP should not be considering marriage at this age, or looking for a serious relationship, but time never reach for desperation. when she hits 28, ehen, we can say time don de reach small. I still think that since she is just getting done with school, she should be just as concerned with getting a decent job and doing something with her life

By the way, marriage does not always equal happiness and that is why i said she needs to consider why she wants to get married. A person that can not find happiness in themselves while being single will have unreasonable expectations of their spouse in regards to making them happy after marriage. That is too much of a burden to put on another person. I think that people need to go beyond marriage for marriage sake and consider the implications of the various roles and responsibilities that come with being married.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by mangbede: 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
u beta continue readin ur books n 4get marriage until de right guy coms
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Killz1(m): 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
dubem3:

only you na examiner, referee, mediator... make ur mind dey oh... The children of Israel can de vex sometimes oh!
cool cool
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by LeJeun3: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
At 25?

Girl, like seriously, from wat I've read here U'll still be unmarried by 30! No be swear, na d truth.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by pvee(m): 6:25pm On Apr 11, 2012
Whatever you want to do let God guide you. Like someone said your answer is in your question. Be patient for there's more to life than being desperate for marriage. So focus on your assignment and as you go along the way the right man will locate you and you ll recognise him. Enjoy yourself
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Daovris: 6:34pm On Apr 11, 2012
I honestly feel your pain and understand the environment you are very well. It is not as you stated that guys in London are immature, it is just that most of them have one issue or the other that may influence largely any decision they make, especially when it comes to settling down with a woman. I also think that some ladies do not help matter as well. [img]http://www.dubaa.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by BLECINS(f): 6:35pm On Apr 11, 2012
Babe! Relax your mind. Dont rush into what you might later regret. Remember 1 + 1 = 2 and 2 is a single whole number. You and your spouse will result into a single whole number if and only if both of you are whole (individually). I believe you are whole because you are fearfully and wonderfully made. The vision may tarry but it will surely come, wait for it Habakkuk 2:3
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by luckgames(m): 6:37pm On Apr 11, 2012
Daovris: I honestly feel your pain and understand the environment you are very well. It is not as you stated that guys in London are immature, it is just that most of them have one issue or the other that may influence largely any decision they make, especially when it comes to settling down with a woman. I also think that some ladies do not help matter as well. [img]http://www.dubaa.info/g.gif[/img]

Thx, well said
Not just London, Canada and USA

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by faraday77(m): 6:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
Girl, the truth is within everyone their is a need for peace, fulfilment and completness. Conviction is the seed for fulfilment. You cant find fulfilment the way u are going about it. The fulfilment can even come at 35 depending on how fast u work on yourself. To attract that person that will stay without hitches, u urself need to shed away some weights. There are inherited weights,enviromental weigths and self inflicted weights.
Above all u need to be prayerful because when the right person comes the spirit in u will confirm it. Your age irrespective you are not old and not young either and I wont tell u that time is on your side. The earlier you start purging urself of those weights the better for you.You can even go for deliverance if need be. Because what u talking about here is marriage and I can tell you categorically that marriage as an institution is 100% spiritual. It is a journey that has no end, except death. Good luck!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by megareal: 6:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
Na wa o. Desperate at 25? Are you normal at all? When you should be planning on how to get a PHD before you are 28, (courtesy of your location), you are busy envying people who may be divorced in the next couple of years! Marriage na achievement? An instituition filled with uncertainy is what you are so anxious to rush into? WTF!!!Abeg make I find better thing read.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Dahmum(f): 6:54pm On Apr 11, 2012
Kudos!!! so u wan rush into marriage abi?from d start i no dat na only ur body matured n not ur mind undecided i mean u sud pls force ny man dat comes ur way now into marriage, n den come bck here in some months time to cri to Nairalanders 4 hlp in ur marriage.Anamu grin
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by ezzykay: 6:58pm On Apr 11, 2012
hey i understand ur feeling and really wished u could see my mind and maybe give it a go to date me,believe me,u never know untill u try,im good and really ready to settle,im in my late 20s,God fearing and living in the uk,but take a chance,im a good man.email me at osas89@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by crackhouse(m): 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
U are obsessional about having babies. If u need baby just holla at me and ur home will be turned to a baby factory as soon as possible. Trust me. That's what i do for a living. :-/
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On Apr 11, 2012
KarmenK: I'm about finishing a degree this year. Ive only dated two guys one of two years and the other I ended last night after 4 months.
Both who are in there 30's were just wasting my time with no goal or plans for the future.
Their own concern or goal was to make money and wear the latest garms ( clothes).
I find guys in London are immature too much on a hype. The I dated for 2 years ( a ghanian ) told me he wanted to settle down at 40.( I mean come on)
All my mates are married with kids or have a kid and on to their second. I can't even mingle with these girls to say I'm scouting for potential bf

I dnt have a problem getting a guys it's keeping then long enough to like me more then my physical shape. I thought by now I would be in a serious relationship, pregnant or planning a wedding.
I'm I rushing it. My Nigerian name is Okemute = there's a time for everything. I know Patience is a Virtue. But I'm to damn inpatient my attitude is if I want something I'm must have.
I feel at 25 as a female I'm too old. Im also the eldest in my family I dnt to be 30 and single still with no kids let alone no husband. I've even considered moving to Nigeria in search of a bf potential husband.

So NL is Gods Time the Best shall I learn to be more patience. My mum keeps telling.
Or shall I get on the case and do fast.

In terms of the bolded, that should not be a problem.

Awon boys wa to le deal pelu situation yen to make it fruitful. Gba be!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by segunjowo(m): 7:07pm On Apr 11, 2012
Poster: Drop me a mail thru maxrussells@yahoo.com. I am a system analyst, based in lagos. We can work things out and get married ASAP.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by luckgames(m): 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2012
segunjowo: Poster: Drop me a mail thru maxrussells@yahoo.com. I am a system analyst, based in lagos. We can work things out and get married ASAP.

What type of system do you support?
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by chineloSA(f): 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2012
luckgames:

Ok lot of BS above, some good information too
If people get marry their standard of living might go up some time
Don't buy or wear all expensive brands in the world, catch all good cloths on sales
Save, save , save, save, save lot of money
My wife bought a car put lot of money down and paid off the car within a year (Car of about $55K)
Go see the world
we just started doing trips ( two trips every year)
We both on good finance standing because we saved
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2012
An excerpt:

Most women say they want to be a wife. Now the question is...Do you really want to be a wife?...Do you really want to love a Man through all phases...the immature stage, the scared stage, the stage knowing there's no going back, then finally the Man stage where he has come to grips with the oath he took....richer for poorer, better for worse, sickness and in health till death do you part...For some that journey takes awhile for some not so long..are you still willing to be a wife..(unconditional love)..Men have needs also..notice I said MEN....They crave attention at the right times, affection(come here and lay ya head on my chest, rub me down baby)..I mean it is not a hard thing to do...Do you still want to be a wife....ME time replaced by WE time(you still get your occasional girls night out(but no man wants a club hopping bar sitting posting pictures sideways type of wife)...Don't take this the wrong way ladies(do you still want to be a wife)...Unconditional love constitutes...a continual love through all your feminine hormonal changes, your up's and downs, your attitude adjustments, your feeling of wanting attention when He has already given it, your desires to do as your single friends still do...Do you still want to be a wife...Those days when you don't want to have sex and he does..do you?...Do you still want to be a wife..Understanding that He as in your Husband has emotions, feelings, pride and many of the same attributes and desires you want as a wife...RESPECT AND LOVE....will you be willing to put aside your I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T ways to follow a good mans lead..again ask yourself..Do you really want to be a wife?..Unconditionally....r​emember you still have to be a mother also.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by luckgames(m): 7:21pm On Apr 11, 2012
Precious15:
An excerpt:

Most women say they want to be a wife. Now the question is...Do you really want to be a wife?...Do you really want to love a Man through all phases...the immature stage, the scared stage, the stage knowing there's no going back, then finally the Man stage where he has come to grips with the oath he took....richer for poorer, better for worse, sickness and in health till death do you part...For some that journey takes awhile for some not so long..are you still willing to be a wife..(unconditional love)..Men have needs also..notice I said MEN....They crave attention at the right times, affection(come here and lay ya head on my chest, rub me down baby)..I mean it is not a hard thing to do...Do you still want to be a wife....ME time replaced by WE time(you still get your occasional girls night out(but no man wants a club hopping bar sitting posting pictures sideways type of wife)...Don't take this the wrong way ladies(do you still want to be a wife)...Unconditional love constitutes...a continual love through all your feminine hormonal changes, your up's and downs, your attitude adjustments, your feeling of wanting attention when He has already given it, your desires to do as your single friends still do...Do you still want to be a wife...Those days when you don't want to have sex and he does..do you?...Do you still want to be a wife..Understanding that He as in your Husband has emotions, feelings, pride and many of the same attributes and desires you want as a wife...RESPECT AND LOVE....will you be willing to put aside your I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T ways to follow a good mans lead..again ask yourself..Do you really want to be a wife?..Unconditionally....r​emember you still have to be a mother also.

God bless you
That is the big issue in UK.Canada and USA
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by chineloSA(f): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2012
luckgames:

Ok lot of BS above, some good information too
If people get marry their standard of living might go up some time
Don't buy or wear all expensive brands in the world, catch all good cloths on sales
Save, save , save, save, save lot of money
My wife bought a car put lot of money down and paid off the car within a year (Car of about $55K)
Go see the world
we just started doing trips ( two trips every year)
We both on good finance standing because we saved

Just as much I would say your opinion is BS as well.?
I did not say that Poster must not save, its very imperative. I just highlighted possible things that she needs to consider doing before she settles and before babies come and be an inconvinience.

Yes standard of living can improve after marrige and can also regress, since you have to buy a house, kids school fees, saving for their University fees, saving for their first cars etc. So, improvement is not guaranteed, since God also choose a husband for one ( rich, average or poor ) .

Travelling the world does not need to wait for a husband, she can do it while single. If yours had to wait for a wife, sooory, that was your misfortune.

Thanks for revealing details of your sorry life, who cares, not that interesting. Good for your wife.

One thing I learnt in life is that, Tomorrow is not guaranteed. While you still young, enjoy and be merry.

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by queensmith: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
I know, friends and family can make alot of things seem easy. We begin to question ourselves when it seems we dont get easy things right.
Tbh if we open our eyes wide we'd realise it's not. There are many single 25 yo women out there many single 25yo men. The difference is they do not wear thier singlehood like a disease that cannot be budged!
You have to look at finding the right person as something that will always happen, and focus on enjoying your life rather than eat sleep amd dream husband. Allowing such pettiness to consume you. Do you want to have the children now when you havent finished school??
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Konnektions146(m): 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
Sometimes I wonder how people talk, is it better to get married and be unhappy than to get married and stay married? At 25, diss girl is talkin so desperately like dis. I bet OP is so naive that she doesn't know how guys behave, yu will end up sad and frustrated if yu don't sllow down.
I ve once asked in dis forum y people get married and I can sense OP certainly don't even know why she should be gettin married-refuse growin up and wen u get married u dastand marriage are not for kids like u.

I hear someone say his mother got married at 23, yes!, just like my own mother but in this century 21, how many 23 year old think like an adult? Except chewing gum and carryin blackberry, maturity in de real sense is needed in dis marriage biz.
For someone like me, if u show dis kinda desperation to me as a boyfriend, yu become an EX sharp sharp.
OP , dd u say u get whatever u want?? Den marry yourself!
Grrow up and know dere is more to marriage dan producing kids.

Be wise if u wish!

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by luckgames(m): 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2012
chineloSA:

Just as much I would say your opinion is BS as well.?
I did not say that Poster must not save, its very imperative. I just highlighted possible things that she needs to consider doing before she settles and before babies come and be an inconvinience.

Yes standard of living can improve after marrige and can also regress, since you have to buy a house, kids school fees, saving for their University fees, saving for their first cars etc. So, improvement is not guaranteed, since God also choose a husband for one ( rich, average or poor ) .

Travelling the world does not need to wait for a husband, she can do it while single. If yours had to wait for a wife, sooory, that was your misfortune.

Thanks for revealing details of your sorry life, who cares, not that interesting. Good for your wife.

One thing I learnt in life is that, Tomorrow is not guaranteed. While you still young, enjoy and be merry.

We can agree to disagree on issues
Don't be FKing disrespectful Fucker
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by ITbomb(m): 7:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
Did u say eligible black bachelors r out of stock in London? WTF. Ebono mo

1 Like

Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Emylexray(m): 7:53pm On Apr 11, 2012
KarmenK: I'm about finishing a degree this year. Ive only dated two guys one of two years and the other I ended last night after 4 months.
Both who are in there 30's were just wasting my time with no goal or plans for the future.
Their own concern or goal was to make money and wear the latest garms ( clothes).
I find guys in London are immature too much on a hype. The I dated for 2 years ( a ghanian ) told me he wanted to settle down at 40.( I mean come on)
All my mates are married with kids or have a kid and on to their second. I can't even mingle with these girls to say I'm scouting for potential bf

I dnt have a problem getting a guys it's keeping then long enough to like me more then my physical shape. I thought by now I would be in a serious relationship, pregnant or planning a wedding.
I'm I rushing it. My Nigerian name is Okemute = there's a time for everything. I know Patience is a Virtue. But I'm to damn inpatient my attitude is if I want something I'm must have.
I feel at 25 as a female I'm too old. Im also the eldest in my family I dnt to be 30 and single still with no kids let alone no husband. I've even considered moving to Nigeria in search of a bf potential husband.

So NL is Gods Time the Best shall I learn to be more patience. My mum keeps telling.
Or shall I get on the case and do fast.
why the desperation at just 25? You think marriage is all these boy boy stuff? You need a counsellor, ..rush into it and you will fly out without wings!
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by Emylexray(m): 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
Konnektions146: Sometimes I wonder how people talk, is it better to get married and be unhappy than to get married and stay married? At 25, diss girl is talkin so desperately like dis. I bet OP is so naive that she doesn't know how guys behave, yu will end up sad and frustrated if yu don't sllow down.
I ve once asked in dis forum y people get married and I can sense OP certainly don't even know why she should be gettin married-refuse growin up and wen u get married u dastand marriage are not for kids like u.

I hear someone say his mother got married at 23, yes!, just like my own mother but in this century 21, how many 23 year old think like an adult? Except chewing gum and carryin blackberry, maturity in de real sense is needed in dis marriage biz.
For someone like me, if u show dis kinda desperation to me as a boyfriend, yu become an EX sharp sharp.
OP , dd u say u get whatever u want?? Den marry yourself!
Grrow up and know dere is more to marriage dan producing kids.

Be wise if u wish!
she thinks marriage is for kindergateens, people like her don't last in marriage.
Re: 25 & Desperate Or Is Gods Time The Best?! by chineloSA(f): 8:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
luckgames:

We can agree to disagree on issues
Don't be FKing disrespectful Fucker

What nau What was disrespectful in my response. You indicated that what I said is BS, and I said as much as I may view your opinion likewise.

Such vulgarityI pity your imaginary wife?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

K-Solo And Wife End Marriage 6 Months After Their Wedding / Nigerian Lady Caught Another Girl Sleeping With Her Fiance & This Happened (Pix) / Guys What's The Crase About Big Ass/thighs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.