Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,183 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (25068 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by MissyB3(f): 10:29am On Apr 12, 2012
You're just 28 and you're already desperate? When you get to my age and you're still single I wonder what you'd do. cheesy Enjoy your life while you patiently wait for him, a time will come when you'll miss being single.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by maclatunji: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2012
Amaka G29:
Don't you have goals for yourself? I believe in marriage and I know the pressure you are feeling is palpable, but men can sense desperation and it's a turn off. If you focus on being the best you for yourself, the husband will come. Focus on being well read, well dressed, and well traveled...really anything that makes a happier and better you. People who take care of themselves and are genuinely happy attract others are them. Focus also on building strong friendships and family ties. Creating good relationships with others will make you better at navigating romantic relationships. You never know who may know just the right person for you.

From a practical stand point, putting yourself in situations to meet quality, serious minded men without hunting for them could be fruitful. It won't be the club, but it may be the library, cafe, or friend's wedding. A smile and pleasant conversation goes a long way (even with a nice older woman who has a son.)

You have a whole life ahead of you to be married, have children, and be tied down. Why not explore the freedom you have while you have it?

On point!

OP, immerse yourself in your work and develop yourself. Move in circles of young and focused people, one of the men will notice that you are there and single. However, don't be desperate, be rational. I don't want to read something like this from you: he said he loved me and that I should make love with him to prove my love. Now, I am pregnant and he has abandoned me, what should I do?

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Yemo2020: 10:31am On Apr 12, 2012
OP find something else to do with your life that would make you productive if you weren't married with kids.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by buJu234: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2012
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by rokiatu(f): 16 hours & 35 minutes
Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?
[s][/s]

my dear; its jst cash that is holding many Nigerian matured men...

and also u ladies dont help matters too;

a friend got married to this lady who told him that she will manage with him; after 1yr..
the wife started:-
this house is too small
i can stay in this kind of area any more (sango-ota)
how can i b using 150k per mth for chop money abeg its too small
my mother needs some cash (HOW MUCH? 300k)
i need to change my wardrope;(BUT U JST DID 2mths ago?)

etc etc etc

meanwhile; my friend boss is planning to downsize because of the economy; come and see this bobo now;;; thinking wan kill d guy

so when single guys see people like this... o boy its better that that lady remain a single woman
in her father`s house than to come and give me High BP...

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

get a good job, make ur own money, get pregenant, and have ur own kids urself. its nt a must u get married. thanks
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2012
odiaero: I knew it b4 that nairaland is full of desperados, now they are no more ashame to keep it secret, am waiting for Rokiatu and Hotima to confess too, water don dey pass garri small small
u don de find trouble oh make dem no catch u
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2012
Missy_B: You're just 28 and you're already desperate? When you get to my age and you're still single I wonder what you'd do. cheesy Enjoy your life while you patiently wait for him, a time will come when you'll miss being single.

@ 35, you are still single, i wonder why u have not announce your desperation
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by tjskii(f): 10:38am On Apr 12, 2012
Na wa o,wats up wit all these desperate threads making frontpage,abi one of our moderators dey experience the same thing,hence the empathy for them
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Leyelyzo: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2012
Ammyng:

Sorry I gotta laugh 2 this gringringringringrin

You don't need to say sorry.....laugh your ass out
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by 50samuel(m): 10:40am On Apr 12, 2012
rokiatu: Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

na economic hardship! No work and those with work av little pay so how can one marry wit dis
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Onasa22: 10:45am On Apr 12, 2012
Baby girl, please not how far but how well. Don't be in a hurry becos all your sisters are married. God will bring your husband soon, just remain focus, 'for who laugh last laugh best'
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by plantation(m): 10:46am On Apr 12, 2012
crusifis:

get a good job, make ur own money, get pregenant, and have ur own kids urself. its nt a must u get married. thanks
dat's just it.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by kpofkpof: 10:46am On Apr 12, 2012
I know someone- She will be 34 in August, not yet married. She is even contemplating suicide but I've been encouraging her. Its not easy I know especially in this part of Africa where family puts you under all sort of pressure.
My dear just cool down and marriage will come when it will

I have a friend who got married twice and is divorced again at 32, while I have 2 very close friends who all got married at 37 to very nice guys and are still happily married.

The Nigerian economy sef is not helping issues, but my own advise is 'wait- though it tarries, wait for it for it shall surely come. Pray, fast do your part and wait

And please don't listem to all these guys blabbing and saying all sorts. Just remember it doesn't cost much now to use a cybercafe so any discombulated (according to killz) human can walk in and log on to Nairaland just to spit thrash.

3 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by evan7741s: 10:46am On Apr 12, 2012
I am free and single and can cope with anyone. Add me up we're of same age. I'm a desperado too. 28B30A25..
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Leyelyzo: 10:49am On Apr 12, 2012
odiaero:

@ 35, you are still single, i wonder why u have not announce your desperation

Did Missy-B personally told you she's 35 or that's what you could conjecture? You might be wrong u know, she might just be 33
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Gudme: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2012
Money on my mind...marriage on lts way
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by 50samuel(m): 10:52am On Apr 12, 2012
buJu-234:
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by rokiatu(f): 16 hours & 35 minutes
Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

[s][/s]

my dear; its jst cash that is holding many Nigerian matured men...

and also u ladies dont help matters too;

a friend got married to this lady who told him that she will manage with him; after 1yr..
the wife started:-
this house is too small
i can stay in this kind of area any more (sango-ota)
how can i b using 150k per mth for chop money abeg its too small
my mother needs some cash (HOW MUCH? 300k)
i need to change my wardrope;(BUT U JST DID 2mths ago?)

etc etc etc

meanwhile; my friend boss is planning to downsize because of the economy; come and see this bobo now;;; thinking wan kill d guy

so when single guys see people like this... o boy its better that that lady remain a single woman
in her father`s house than to come and give me High BP...

true talk!! 4 me to marry my girlfrnd must pray hard 4 me to get job else.....
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Ekhan1(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2012
Who says 25 is the rigt time to settle. You cant get married without first being in a serious relationship. A baby must first crawl before walking. Im guessing that the reason you dont have a man is cos u'v got high taste and wldnt settle for less, mayb u despise guys and fail to see the good in them. I aint saying u shld settle for a pauper. What im saying is that u shld find a man who's got potentials and assurance of making it (thats if u cant find ur man of high taste-probably after waiting a hundred years). Include God in your endeavors. Goodluck
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by guru35: 10:55am On Apr 12, 2012
Like this page on Fb

www.facebook.com/lilwizzy8
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 12, 2012
Leyelyzo:

Did Missy-B personally told you she's 35 or that's what you could conjecture? You might be wrong u know, she might just be 33

Lol @ 33, she told you that too? well just cracking some jokes
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by bros856: 10:57am On Apr 12, 2012
I guess nobody has written exactly what this lady will love to read. Its not easy for a lady to come out this open. A lot of people interpret it as she being desperate but i tell you guys no, she is not desperate but an honest person. So many men go begging women that are not willing to settle down peacefully in marriage and When they encounter an honest ready to stay house wife like this lady they disregard them and call it names. Well my dear lady send me a mail on umo.benson@yahoo.com. My Cousin want to settle down too, so i will recommend you to him. I have intorduce a lady like you before who came out open to me on same issue and today they are happily married in USA now.I like your courage, it shows you know what life is all about. I know you are there already. Problem shared is half solved.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by seedord247(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2012
18 of my nigerians frnds in my City alone got married to white girls. . . I ask them why, they said they don't wanna die young. . . But for me I'm still thinking bcus my mom already got a girl for me in our Village (ogbomosho). when next i go back home, I'd check her out lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by MissyB3(f): 11:01am On Apr 12, 2012
Leyelyzo:

odiaero:

Lol @ 33, she told you that too? well just cracking some jokes

I could have sworn it's not exactly rocket science to discern from my posts that I'm in my early 40s.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 12, 2012
bros856: I guess nobody has written exactly what this lady will love to read. Its not easy for a lady to come out this open. A lot of people interpret it as she being desperate but i tell you guy no, she is not desperate but an honest person. So many men go begging women that are not willing to settle down and give peace for marriage and When they encounter an honest ready to stay house wife like this lady they disregard them and call it names. Well my dear send me a mail on umo.benson@yahoo.com. My Cousin want to settle too, so i will recommend you to him. I like your courage, it shows you know what life is all about. I know you are there already. Problem shared is half solved.

Leading dumb post of the day, lets see if anyone will overtake you, recommending you brother to who you dont even know, you must be from Afganistan
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Jenticles(f): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2012
Pray harder pls n @ 28yrs u're not dat young but try 2 be happy ok marriage is not a do or die affair.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by DeCleff(m): 11:05am On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?
you don't need to be desperate at all because that would send the wrong signal about you. Don't compare yourself with anyone including your sisters, no matter your age you can settle down and have the home sweet home of your dream. All you need is to be positive in thinking and action, don't do things because your friends/people are doing the same. I must say am shocked to hear you say that @ 28 you are not in a serious relationship, then am asking you, what are you doing with a guy thats not ready to settle down? Can't you stay without a guy and prepare yourself for the right guy? Change your partern of life and position yourself for what is coming your way so you don't miss it.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Oxone(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2012
whats with the whole "desperate to get married threads" of late?

is marriage going out of fashion or is "something" about to expire?

the truth is desperation will scare even the most daring guy.

chill and make something of your life first.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by bros856: 11:13am On Apr 12, 2012
@odiaero, You are already a fool, Instead of posting your own contribution to help the topic, you are busy critizing others. I wonder who is the dumb here. How can you call people bad name for his own contribution. What do you know.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by davades(m): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:
Another desperate thread? This is serious.

I've never seen u given advice rather than brought matters up...u'r no. 5th on ma list of Nairaland Rogue...†ђξ rest knws theirselves tongue
Killz.:
Another desperate thread? This is serious.

I've never seen u given advice rather than brought matters up And mock ppl here...u'r no. 5th on ma list of Nairaland Rogue...†ђξ rest knws theirselves...†ђξ rest knws theirselves.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Onasa22: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2012
Babygirl, don't be in a hurry because all your sisters are married. Trust in God and remain focus because not how far but how well. God will grant you your heart desire soon and know that 'who laugh last laugh best'
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Leyelyzo: 11:16am On Apr 12, 2012
Missy_B:

I could have sworn it's not exactly rocket science to discern from my posts that I'm in my early 40s.

Hmmm may be may be not. But aunty u sef do quick o, agban tara
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by blank(f): 11:21am On Apr 12, 2012
Please do not be desperate. You can fall for the wrong guy if you are desperate!

Modified

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Most Expensive, Shocking Or Embarrassing Val Gift You Ever Received? / Nairaland Association Of Playboys [NAP] / She Left Her Boyfriend After I Sent Her These Hot Photos Of Mine. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.