Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (25101 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2012
You should definetly be thinking about marriage but please do not be desperate. It'll only get you into deeper trouble as you'll start to ignore important signs in the quest to sha marry too. I have a friend who's marriage lasted exactly 4months!!!

Start going out, be friendly towards both men and woman and be open to your married friends hooking you up with their husbands' friends. Just be active both at Church and work on building your career while you attend weddings and stuff like that during the weekend. Get to know the men you meet and make sure you stay vigilant, if he is aggressive towards waiters and drivers that's a warning sign e.t.c I beg don't fall into the hands of a vulture

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by aremuolusegun: 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
D fact dat every one around you, is getting married or married does nt mean you should kill your self cos no serious guy is coming.remember marriage is once and for all. Is not a place you can go in and come out at will.pls take tym to pray and be careful, der are many married pple today who are praying to be single.at 28 u still have let's say atleast 72yrs. Do you want to live it in regret, pain, etc. Just be patient and prepare yourself to be a wife material. Der is someone out der wo is also searchin for u.u are to be sought for nt the oda way. Just package urself
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by juman(m): 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
[quote author=aremu olusegun][/quote]

@aremu olusegun. grin grin Are you Mathew Okikiola?

@Op may God answer yor prayer fast to get good husband.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by glowithdan(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2012
Amaka G29:
Don't you have goals for yourself? I believe in marriage and I know the pressure you are feeling is palpable, but men can sense desperation and it's a turn off. If you focus on being the best you for yourself, the husband will come. Focus on being well read, well dressed, and well traveled...really anything that makes a happier and better you. People who take care of themselves and are genuinely happy attract others are them. Focus also on building strong friendships and family ties. Creating good relationships with others will make you better at navigating romantic relationships. You never know who may know just the right person for you.

From a practical stand point, putting yourself in situations to meet quality, serious minded men without hunting for them could be fruitful. It won't be the club, but it may be the library, cafe, or friend's wedding. A smile and pleasant conversation goes a long way (even with a nice older woman who has a son.)

You have a whole life ahead of you to be married, have children, and be tied down. Why not explore the freedom you have while you have it?

You said it all. Only take it easy, because there is actually time for everything!!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by rahjan: 4:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
My dear, dont worry so much. The right guy will come along but u must take some actions ur self.
Dress well, go out;mix with people, make intelligent conversation( guys only like dull girls as bed mates) and pray. Its well wif u.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by neyostica: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sweetlemon:

I'm 28 yrs too, my two sisters and MOST of my friends are married with kids. I keep fantasising about my dream wedding dress (cos I'm a very fashionable gal) I also wonder whether my kids will be as cute as my sisters' BUT I'm NOT desperate! In fact, I still kick any guy who doesn't give me my due respect right in the a.s.s and outta my life! I have promised myself that the day I'm gonna walk down the asile, it will be with a guy who has good prospects, a good heart, and the fear of God. NOTHING LESS! chikena!
grin grin grin
when you reach 35, sermon go change
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by dasparrow: 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

What should you do? STOP BEING SO DARN DESPERATE! Your mates in the western world are building their careers, creating multi million dollar businesses, purchasing homes, travelling and seeing the world, learning new cultures and new languages, going back to college to make themselves more marketable in this very weak economy. While you sit there waiting on some husband instead of enjoying your freedom and bettering your life. Since you are a desperado, you might end up with some wife beating loser who can not even provide adequately for the family and then you will come back on nairaland and open another thread to tell us that you are contemplating divorce.

I have been fortunate to meet people from around the world but I have never met people who are so obsessed with marraige like Nigerians. Even other African women diss and make fun of Nigerian women and their desperation to get married. The worst part of it all is that the married Nigerian bred men hardly stay faithful to the women they call their wives so why the obsession? Men in Nigeria sadly don't even live long no thanks to avoidable accidents due to bad roads; illness due to poor healthcare system; African juju due to family strife; boko haram menace; ethnic strife and killings; you name it. Then you will be left a widow with several mouths (kids) to feed and most Nigerian bred men will not want you after that.

One would think it is Nigerians that reminded God to create the institutuion called marraige. With the high level of adultary in Nigeria, I wonder why Nigerians are deceiving themselves. Most go into the institution not even knowing what they are getting themselves into. Others lack the patience, the maturity, the foresight to manuever through the storms in marraige. Others go and tell their friends everything they do with their wives in bed. I mean, we read this on threads here on Nairaland all the time. Nigerian society needs to focus on their boko haram menace and stop pressuring people to go into FORCED partnerships that not everyone is ready for. If people would mind their own business in a country like Nigeria that has really no hope for the future generations to come, we will see less of these type of threads. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by jennyb2: 5:00pm On Apr 12, 2012
i feel sick to advice anoda desperate girl on nairaland! for crying out loud everyone gets desperate at a point in life but ppplllllssss dnt get depearate wen it comes to marriage, odawise u will begin to grow wrinkles b4 d time and i tell u d truth young guys luv seeing happy singles dey can clinch to, my dear find somtin to make urself happy and move on wit ur life, ur prince charming will surely emerge at d right.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Walala(m): 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
rokiatu: Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?

I am thirty years old and I am not gay at all. I am single and looking for nice woman but my criteria is not being met. I want a pretty, sexy (skinny waist with big ass and boobs); a woman that is in good health and good shape. A woman who has graduated from college (Masters preferably) and is working for a big firm and earning good. A woman who is prayerful and is from a good home. I don't mind a woman who is around the same age as long as the love is genuine and not a case of desperation to get married. Women of that age always seem desperate and pushy because my last relationship was such where every action was pushing me to the altar instead of getting to know one another.

Men of nowadays don't want to make mistakes and that's why guys are now getting married well into their thirties.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by dasparrow: 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
neyostica:
grin grin grin

I know of a Nigerian lady who married at 40 years old. She just had a bouncing baby boy 6 months ago at 44 years old. Luckily for her, she lives in the United States, she did not have to face the obnoxious societal pressure like ladies who sadly are stuck in Nigeria; and the lady in question is HAPPILY married to a JAMAICAN brother who worships the ground she walks on.

My first cousin was married for over 14 years. She and her husband have been believeing God for children. This cousin of mine is 48 years old now. Everyone wrote her off that she would never have children. Living in a wicked and sadist country like Nigeria, people made fun of her. But God silenced her critics. Five months ago, she gave birth to QUADRUPLETS. 3 HEALTHY bouncing baby boys and a bouncing baby girl in Abuja. They had the naming ceremony not too long ago. Who would have thought that a 48 year old women will bring 4 healthy babies into this world at once?

GOD has a way of silencing Nigerian naysayers like you. Shalom!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by neyostica: 5:09pm On Apr 12, 2012
dasparrow:

I know of a Nigerian lady who married at 40 years old. She just had a bouncing baby boy 6 months ago at 44 years old. Luckily for her, she lives in the United States, she did not have to face the obnoxious societal pressure like ladies who sadly are stuck in Nigeria; and the lady in question is HAPPILY married to a JAMAICAN brother who worships the ground she walks on.

My first cousin was married for over 14 years. She and her husband have been believeing God for children. This cousin of mine is 48 years old now. Everyone wrote her off that she would never have children. Living in a wicked and sadist country like Nigeria, people made fun of her. But God silenced her critics. Five months ago, she gave birth to QUADRUPLETS. 3 HEALTHY bouncing baby boys and a bouncing baby girl in Abuja. They had the naming ceremony not too long ago. Who would have thought that a 48 year old women will bring 4 healthy babies into this world at once?

there is time for everytin, if you buy your first car at 50, it cant be the same as buyin at 27

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Doluseun(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
@op, wen u get dat guy wey go wan marry u ,wey be sey na yanga u make am do. u wan come turn metusella 4 ur poopa house u dey dere dey cry foul....do quick b4 u enter injury tym. oshi
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by realpeople: 5:33pm On Apr 12, 2012
Pray to Almighty God
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by tee2011: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
Every thing in life depend on destiny,but prayer/belief can hasten whatever we want in this life and hereafter.
keep faith and control yourself. with God everything it possible.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by blank(f): 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2012
Walala:

I am thirty years old and I am not gay at all. I am single and looking for nice woman but my criteria is not being met. I want a pretty, sexy (skinny waist with big ass and boobs); a woman that is in good health and good shape. A woman who has graduated from college (Masters preferably) and is working for a big firm and earning good. A woman who is prayerful and is from a good home. I don't mind a woman who is around the same age as long as the love is genuine and not a case of desperation to get married. Women of that age always seem desperate and pushy because my last relationship was such where every action was pushing me to the altar instead of getting to know one another.

Men of nowadays don't want to make mistakes and that's why guys are now getting married well into their thirties.

Why not wait till you are 60 so can marry. See your mouth like your criteria is not being met. When you don retire and you still get pikin wey dey ask for secondary school fees na den u go begin regret. You dey 30 still dey yarn skinny waist and big ass like a teenager.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Sweetlemon(f): 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
neyostica:
grin grin grin

Excuse me, but is asking for a God fearing man who has a good heart and good prospects too much?? A'm I not worth that kind of man? And No! I will not still be single at 35 cos I will be happily married with at least 2 kids in Jesus' name. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by lopon: 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
You dont have to be desperate at the appointed time the right man would come and ask your hand in marriage. Just be focussed and pray always.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sweetlemon:

Excuse me, but is asking for a God fearing man who has a good heart and good prospects too much?? A'm I not worth that kind of man? And No! I will not still be single at 35 cos I will be happily married with at least 2 kids in Jesus' name. Amen!

And what you are being told is that you HAVE infact encountered that man during the long journey of your life and shunned him.
If every woman in this state honestly reflects on her life, she will know this to be true.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Petersvic10: 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2012
Wow just relax ur husband will come. But as 4 me i think these factors causes a situation like this.
Most ladies in there early 20s reject and neglet a lot of guys. Maybe b/cos the guys are not up 2 their expectation at dat moment. They are not patient enough 2 wait and see the future instead they go after already made products not knowing that it was another ladies measurement that was used for the already made. They fail 2 understand that a poor man is not a man without cash but a man without idea. Sisters money dont rule the world again but idea does.
Another factor is how u carry urself. You will see a single lady in abuja with one of the latest car. That alone scares potential husbands and invites 1 night stand around. When u look so dressed up 2 d teeth with ur ego and everything it intimidates most brothers from coming close. This is the little i can say.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2012
omo harry:
U are espected to contribute maturedly to this tread, and not the way you just did.Haba
i was exhausted and i'm still exhausted to make any meaningful contribution.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
rokiatu:

And what will I get for that? A medal or a million dollar prize?

You must be very dumb young man to think I am here to please a soul.
this is hw they talk to men. After they'll say no husbands.
@op. Hw much have u saved for marriage? Or una tink say men never wise up. Hahahahaha
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Serginho(m): 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
Dia's no age meant 4 a lady 2 settle down, u're still younger nd shouldnt get too desperate else u cn mk a life regrettin mistakes. Jst pray 2 God cus he's time is always d best, remember it's nt hw far bt hw well. U'll smile smday, lady.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
dasparrow:

when would the season 2 of this movie be released?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by piica(m): 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?
28 ur futball age or real age? Cos most gals parade futball age
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by jonc20: 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2012
Which do you prefer:
Patiently wait for Mr Right?
Divorced at 33 yrs?
Or married but unhappy for the rest of your life?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by cogsej06(m): 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
''if U ask me....na who I go ask, d matter way we see sooooooo, e tey e start, no b me go talk am, e heavy 4 mouth...............''
U better write I need husband on a sticker n place dem on ur chest everyday while going out....Rubbish n insensitive s. After fucking around, U wan marry eh. hahahahaahhahaha he laugh......better do as I hv told U or better still become ''sister'' on shirt n blowse lol
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 12, 2012
Perhaps she has turned her husband to boyfriend unknowingly.Abi she no sabi do am.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by cogsej06(m): 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2012

''if U ask me....na who I go ask, d matter way we see
sooooooo, e tey e start, no b me go talk am, e
heavy 4 mouth...............''
U better write I need husband on a sticker n place
dem on ur chest everyday while going
out....Rubbish n insensitive s. After bleeping around, U wan marry eh . hahahahaahhahaha he
laugh......better do as I hv told U or better still
become ''sister'' on shirt n blowse lol
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by cogsej06(m): 7:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:
Another desperate thread? This is serious.

What else wen all dey kno is nothing but BB n cooking indomie 4 dere boyfriends. Dey all kno nothing wrt home chores n d neccessity/basics of a good home......na who wan marry waste mcheeeeeeewwwwww joor o! Try harder nxt yr @OP ehhehehheeehehhehhe
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by cogsej06(m): 7:54pm On Apr 12, 2012
Killz.:
Another desperate thread? This is serious.

What else wen all dey kno is nothing but BB n cooking indomie 4 dere boyfriends. Dey all kno nothing wrt home chores n d neccessity/basics of a good home......na who wan marry waste.......in all aspect even 4 her inbetween self...ah!!! Dat place don turn benin-ore rd on way.... mcheeeeeeewwwwww joor o! Try harder nxt yr @OP ehhehehheeehehhehhe
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2012
freshmoney:

Tell me the truth. Are you looking for a man or an ALREADY MADE man to settle down with ?

Let me ask you something, do you select when choosing a man? If you do, then I pity you. I am 100% sure you don't look for jobless guy, you don't look for a low-life, you are only looking for a well dressed man with a house and some cars to get married to. You think they are on Nairaland too? They're all taken my friend. grin cheesy
LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Someone should point this fine geh in the right direction na grin grin grin
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Claumy2(m): 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2012
Unserious relationships means flirt and are likely to lead to"husbandless". You better be serious. Wish u luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Most Expensive, Shocking Or Embarrassing Val Gift You Ever Received? / Any Man That Thinks He Wont Pay Bills Is A Joker / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.