Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 (32346 Views)

N10million Bribery Scam: Presidency In Dilema Over CCT Chair / Presidency In Dilemma Over Four Gov's Secret Alliance With APC. / I’ll Contest For Presidency In 2015 - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by ypzilanti: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
Voted for him before, cause i never bought that whole 'voting for Jonathan, not voting PDP' crap.

Having said that, Oga General go and rest.

find a young potential candidate that shares your vision, advice him or her and support thier candidacy.

Fashola comes to mind inspite of his godfather albatross. At least we know he'll do better than PDP.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzor: this man is a sore looser; we all know him well...
'and d children shoutin - looser looser looser'

That is your opinion though and I know you have a right to it but you need not generalise because not everyone agrees with you.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 13, 2012
Is Jonathan the man who deceived you that he had no shoes in any way worthy of your votes again ? Mehn,a ti sobo nu. grin if una like make una vote for jonathan in 2015,na una go suffer am but dont come here blaming yourself for voting for jonathan and not pdp o.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
ypzilanti: Voted for him before, cause i never bought that whole 'voting for Jonathan, not voting PDP' crap.

Having said that, Oga General go and rest.

find a young potential candidate that shares your vision, advice him or her and support thier candidacy.

Fashola comes to mind inspite of his godfather albatross . At least we know he'll do better than PDP.

I still cannot differentiate who is better in my opinion. It is actually a pity that it is difficult to find young people in whom we can entrust our vote to do the right thing.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Is Jonathan the man who deceived you that he had no shoes in any way worthy of your votes again ? Mehn,a ti sobo nu. grin if una like make una vote for jonathan in 2015,na una go suffer am but dont come here blaming yourself for voting for jonathan and not pdp o.

Have you not observed often times that we do not learn In essence, I wouldn't be surprised if people still keep clamouring for Jonathan.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by VoodooDoll(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
Nairaboi: The truth is the populace has never rejected Buhari, but the corrupt people in power. If truth be told we all know the powers that be do not want that man to come into power because his zeal to stamp out incompetency and corruption in this country is still as strong as ever. Some of us who complain that he is an extreme islamist, i have a question for u, during Buhari and Idiagbon's regime, how many christians were ordered to be beheaded or when did he do something that was anti-christainity? We all knw this is a man that can help this country with the little he can by purging out corruption. But illogical reasoning do often becloud our sense of judgements. Thereby making our quantitative reasoning become couered by both religious and ethnic sentiments.

That's why I had the "rejected" him in "quotes". I am not a Buhari (or GEJ) fan, I have seen him speak live and he showed his age very clearly. If he can find a credible replacement and he oversees a truly national campaign then maybe GEJ gets a true challenger in 2015.

Since "losing" the "election", has he visited the East, South-South, South-West, and Middle Belt to receive feedback? Has he reached out his hands to some zones who I understand would rather vote for anybody (including a plank of wood) but him?

Nigeria needs new blood. A sign of leadership is the ability to groom new leaders. Unfortunately, Buhari insists on being the only one his party puts forward.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
Nairaboi: The truth is the populace has never rejected Buhari, but the corrupt people in power. If truth be told we all know the powers that be do not want that man to come into power because his zeal to stamp out incompetency and corruption in this country is still as strong as ever. Some of us who complain that he is an extreme islamist, i have a question for u, during Buhari and Idiagbon's regime, how many christians were ordered to be beheaded or when did he do something that was anti-christainity? We all knw this is a man that can help this country with the little he can by purging out corruption. But illogical reasoning do often becloud our sense of judgements. Thereby making our quantitative reasoning become couered by both religious and ethnic sentiments.

Very true. He won Obasanjo in 2003 and we all know it.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by braine(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
He'll definitely win. People now know now that they made a mistake not voting him in.... I'm sure they wouldnt want to repeat the same mistake again
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by CyberG: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2012
Halcie: Its very sad that Nigerians dont kw when they are being manipulated. This buhari guy is actually playing his card well and its paying off 4 him. Since GEJ stepped into office its being 1 bomb blast or another which has never happened in the history of Nigeria .....come to think of it dont u think this is d hand work of that very buhari who so much covets GEJs' presidency, he is actually playing this game 2 frustrate GEJs' administration and 2 turn d ppls heart away 4rm him. I believe Nigerians will understand that non of these happenings is GEJs fault.

With all the instrument of state power, what has Jonaltham done to bring whoever is behind BH to book? Or, do you know more about BH than Nigeria's intelligence forces? You give a man all the tools, power and time to do a job and he totally fails and then blames someone else? If Buhari is being BH, why has not been arrested and charged?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
VoodooDoll: If Buhari runs again, then he may just secure GEJ's second term.

Can't people tell the General to groom a replacement. How many times would the populace "reject" him?

Hmmm, the replacement is a good idea, but Nigerians don't know who to trust. If Buhari decides to contest again, Most of the SW would vote for him instead of Jonathan. The vote of the SW region is the key.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by onyewec3: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
Ilekokonit: Hope we will shun tribal politics in 2015 and vote for this God sent man.

How do you know Buhari is God sent? Of wat importance is Buhari to his pple at Daura?how has he ablr to change the lifes of pple leaving there?we only praise dis man for using army uniform to punish culprits.I have evry conviction dat even if Buhari becomes president,d problem of corruption wil stil remain intact because
1.He will nt oversee the judiciary which can stall presecution and make punishment easier for culprits.even president Obama today have not punnished the bankers on the wall street for messing up america's economy.my question is'does it mean that after buhari was president,does it mean he has not trained anybody or believes in somebody that can take naija to d promise land.Buhari believes in himself anddat non is capable except him.so for that ideology,I wuldnt vote for buhari if he contest.I also have similar problem wit Atiku abubakar.wen senator john kerry lost election to geaorge bush jnr,he bow out of politics to set up a cancer foundation.Dis is wat I expect Nigerians who lost election to do.there r oda ways u can contribute to d development of Nigeria witout venturin into politics.look at rochas okorocha b4 he became govnor.he's knw as a humanitarian and dat helped him to clinch govnorship

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
Halcie: Its very sad that Nigerians dont kw when they are being manipulated. This buhari guy is actually playing his card well and its paying off 4 him. Since GEJ stepped into office its being 1 bomb blast or another which has never happened in the history of Nigeria .....come to think of it dont u think this is d hand work of that very buhari who so much covets GEJs' presidency, he is actually playing this game 2 frustrate GEJs' administration and 2 turn d ppls heart away 4rm him. I believe Nigerians will understand that non of these happenings is GEJs fault.

Very funny post. If your opinion is anything to go by, then GEJ should prove he is smarter and put a lasting solution to the insecurity that happens everywhere rather than giving expiry dates to such as though they are consumer products.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by walexbiz(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
the only general/politician with an iota of honesty and the zeal to drive us to the holy land. I'd hope crazy nigerian who rush after ankara and 200naira do not eat these ample opportunity dat lay before them. A word is gud foq the wise
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by nagoma(m): 6:02pm On Apr 13, 2012
@GboyegaD

You are very funny indeed. So you think GEJ is doing a good job moving the country forwards?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by kizito96(m): 6:04pm On Apr 13, 2012
This is real desperation
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by DukeNija(m): 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
jaybee: [size=22pt]If there is no better candidate, which is highly likely, i may vote for BUHARI; God willing[/size]

I NO DEY VOTE FOR JONATHAN OR PDP. PRESIDENCY IS NOT ANYONE'S BIRTHRIGHT. JONATHAN IS HIGHLY COMPROMISED. SHIKENA
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Bright2(m): 6:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
Corpers should be allowed to handle guns this time cos am begining to percieve another failure.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Odunnu: 6:15pm On Apr 13, 2012
I will still not vote for him and even if he grooms another bloodthirsty politician like himself, I still won't vote him.oldieyoungie
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 13, 2012

Do you have proof that he is in charge of the bombing, It could as well be Atiku or IBB or Sambo. As a matter of fact, Buhari is not the CIC, it is not his duty to protect Nigerians from boko haram. I recall there was boko haram during 'baba go slow ' - Yaradua and he did a good job in suppressing them.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2012
nagoma: @GboyegaD

You are very funny indeed. So you think GEJ is doing a good job moving the country forwards?

Please, can you quote where I said Jonathan is doing a good job Jonathan is a total sham and I haven't seen any good work of his and neither did I write anything to support such. I would advise you read through my responses again please.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
kizito96: This is real desperation

That is how best you understand it right? You have a right to your view and I am sure your GEJ isn't desperate and that is why he cares less what the future of the economy becomes.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by GboyegaD(m): 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
Odunnu: I will still not vote for him and even if he grooms another bloodthirsty politician like himself, I still won't vote him.oldieyoungie

You actually don't need to if you feel there is another contestant better than he is. But your idea of concluding he is a blood thirsty politician is the only thing that baffles me.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by sadiqtijani: 6:26pm On Apr 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]I wish our prestigeous general luck but until than lets wait to see how PDP ends their system of ruling...fresh air jooo!

Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by amosy007: 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
well... That is if the entity called nigeria still remain nigeria b4 then... Fingers crossed
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by arsenal1(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2012
amosy007: well... That is if the entity called nigeria still remain nigeria b4 then... Fingers crossed
the entity he is working so hard to destroy
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by manosteel(m): 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
The General should be left alone, who knows, He may be our own Nigerian Abraham Lincoln who failed 9 times before been elected.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by agabaI23(m): 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
Jarus: I will vote for him (God sparing our life) but I don't think it's a great decision.
More respect
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by kutchs: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
Who the hell is calling Buhari God sent? God sent in what ways? This is not about being our ‘Abraham Lincoln‘ Buhari is so so desperate for power and that makes me wonder WHY?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by NET1(m): 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2012
I voted GEJ in 2011 - a decision which I now regret; especially with the spate of Insecurity in Nigeria and Government's obvious inability to curb the menace.

However, I 'll NOT vote Buhari in 2015. His silence over the recent violence, that's threatening to engulf the whole country is a big worry to me. If he needs my vote, then let him talk to his northern brothers to stop the violence. Also, because (in 1983) he championed the cause of the OIC, I'm not comfortable with him. I'm thinking one day, they might just force everyone of us to either become muslims or be damned.

The way out:
We need another person who can lead the country back into Economic Prosperity. We need someone who has a good record of accountability with Public funds, de-tribalized.

Wherever this person comes from, no wahala! But I'd have neither GEJ nor Buhari.

.NET
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by danjohn: 7:01pm On Apr 13, 2012
As Jarus stated, I will support Buhari if he runs in 2015. However, I am not sure if this is a good decision.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by aljharem(m): 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
danjohn: As Jarus stated, I will support Buhari if he runs in 2015. However, I am not sure if this is a good decision.
cool cool cool Certainly. Would support him as well
Re: Muhammadu Buhari To Run For Presidency In 2015 by moderattor: 7:12pm On Apr 13, 2012
someone told me Buhari means rejected in hausa.
Is it true?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Can I Produce A Person You Labeled As A Terrorist? – Abaribe Asks Court / Amaechi Looking Angry Over Low Turn Out In Osun - Oche Joseph Otorkpa (Photos) / Rerun Elections: Vote Your Conscience, Wike’s Wife Tells Rivers People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.