Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (59490 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 12:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
Dickheads follow the link.

DURBAN POINT PROJECT.Note unlike Eko Atlantic our waters r CLEAN.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=505388&page=22
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
WESCAPE PROJECT in Cape Town
Built for the masses people who earn between R3500-R7000 a month these are mainly black coloured people.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 12:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2013
CAPE TOWNS RANDOM DEVELOPMENTS
AYOBAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1604560
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 10:45am On Apr 17, 2013
CAPE TOWNS FUTURE DEVELOMENTS

MERGING THE CITY WITH THE PEOPLE The oil findings(Namibia and west coast of SA and other parts of our waters) will make this project easier for the state. Yes I mentioned Namibia because theyr one of our provinces/states we share alot in common language and alles. Their oil findings has led us to our findings that we had oil in the ATLANTIC OCEAN, Orange Basin and Outeniqua Basin and on the INDIAN OCEAN Mozambiques and Madagascar(21bbl of oil) findings have led us to findings in Zululand coast.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1435548
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by naptu2: 11:20am On Apr 17, 2013
We have a new "Becomerich/Musiwa". Not as funny as the old one though.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by ba7man(m): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: CAPE TOWNS FUTURE DEVELOMENTS

MERGING THE CITY WITH THE PEOPLE The oil findings(Namibia and west coast of SA and other parts of our waters) will make this project easier for the state. Yes I mentioned Namibia because theyr one of our provinces/states we share alot in common language and alles. Their oil findings has led us to our findings that we had oil in the ATLANTIC OCEAN, Orange Basin and Outeniqua Basin and on the INDIAN OCEAN Mozambiques and Madagascar(21bbl of oil) findings have led us to findings in Zululand coast.

All your posts have no meaning to Nigerians...shouldn't you be posting it in an S.A forum??
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:37am On Apr 17, 2013
AFRICAS RECENT OIL FINDINGS might affect Nigerias oil prices(might force them to drink it) grin

CENTRAL AFRICA
DRC,Congo Brazzaville,Gabon,Equitorial Guinea all have oil. I wont dwell on them. wink

EAST AFRICA OIL
This regions population has overtaken west africa is projected to double the size of west africa in 2050.
Kenya=10 billion barrels
Ethiopia=2 billion barrels untapped
Somalia=11 billion barrels unapped(Italy is back offering em help to rebuild their country).
Tanzania=5 billion barrels

SOUTHERN AFRICA OIL
Namibia=18-166 billion of original oil(seen as next Norway)
South Africa=12-30 billion barrels untapped secret, built Mthombo and Coega for this.
Mozambique=17 billion barrels

Videocon's Mozambique block finds 17bn barrels of oil
Markets And Macros at 14 March 2013 11:00 am
SHARE . EMAIL . PRINT . A+

Gas company Anadarko has discovered a substantial quantity of gas in two gas wells off the coast of Mozambique. India's Videocon and BPCL, both have 10% stake in those gas wells and it is being considered as one of the largest gas finds in the world.

Anadarko informed that its Atum Discovery Well encountered 92 metres gas pay. Atum and Golfinho gas wells are also believed to hold 10-30 Tcf of gas. The company further told that the offshore Area I Recoverable Resource is approaching 100 Tcf of gas.

In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Venugopal Dhoot, CMD, Videocon is elated with the discovery and says that it is indeed a very good news for the country . He said that the exploration could lead to the procurement of as much as 17 billion barrels of oil and India is eligible for a 20% share.

Dhoot further added that the Rovuma Area I is one of the largest ever gas finds globally. However, only two-third of Rovuma's area has been drilled and further drilling is expected in the second half of CY12. Although, the company has not fixed any timeline for oil and gas demerger, Dhoot calculates the NPV(Net Present Value) of Videocon's stake in the Mozambique block at USD 6.5 billion.

Below is the edited transcript of the interview on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying videos.

Q: Can you tell us about the discovery off the coast of Mozambique? What is the amount that Anadarko is talking about?

A: It's a very good news for India. India will be having 20% of the gas. Anadarko said that about 60 tcf of gas has been found and it is approaching the recoverable 60 trillion and it is approaching towards 100 trillion recovered reserve. It is equal to 17 billion barrels of oil and Videocon and BPCL both have 20% share in the gas well.

It's a very big find and very big news. I should say this is one of the largest gas find in the world as on today and from the beginning Mozambique field has been very successful to Videocon and it started from 10 Tcf and now it is talking about 100 Tcf. This is enviable to any gas producer in the world.

Q: Just wanted to come down with regards to the 10% stake that Videocon holds in this oil discovery. What exactly would it value your stake at this point in time and give us a sense in terms of the modalities of the possible demerger of your oil and gas business? Where would all of this stand now?

A: That demerger will come later. I think NPV calculation at today's rate should come to around USD 6.5 billion for Videocon. It's a great news. It's a great success. That should be the value and our other partners would also benefit.

This is just the beginning. Just one-third area of Mozambique has been discovered so far. Mozambique is now approaching to be as big as Qatar and it is good news for Videocon and India.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2013
AFRICAS RECENT OIL FINDINGS might affect Nigerias oil prices(might force them to drink it) grin

CENTRAL AFRICA
DRC,Congo Brazzaville,Gabon,Equitorial Guinea all have oil. I wont dwell on them. wink

EAST AFRICA OIL
This regions population has overtaken west africa is projected to double the size of west africa in 2050.
Kenya=10 billion barrels
Ethiopia=2 billion barrels untapped
Somalia=11 billion barrels unapped(Italy is back offering em help to rebuild their country).
Tanzania=5 billion barrels

SOUTHERN AFRICA OIL
Namibia=18-166 billion of original oil(seen as next Norway)
South Africa=12-30 billion barrels untapped secret, built Mthombo and Coega for this.
Mozambique=17 billion barrels
Madagascar=21 billion barrels untapped

Videocon's Mozambique block finds 17bn barrels of oil
Markets And Macros at 14 March 2013 11:00 am
SHARE . EMAIL . PRINT . A+

Gas company Anadarko has discovered a substantial quantity of gas in two gas wells off the coast of Mozambique. India's Videocon and BPCL, both have 10% stake in those gas wells and it is being considered as one of the largest gas finds in the world.

Anadarko informed that its Atum Discovery Well encountered 92 metres gas pay. Atum and Golfinho gas wells are also believed to hold 10-30 Tcf of gas. The company further told that the offshore Area I Recoverable Resource is approaching 100 Tcf of gas.

In an interview with CNBC-TV18, Venugopal Dhoot, CMD, Videocon is elated with the discovery and says that it is indeed a very good news for the country . He said that the exploration could lead to the procurement of as much as 17 billion barrels of oil and India is eligible for a 20% share.

Dhoot further added that the Rovuma Area I is one of the largest ever gas finds globally. However, only two-third of Rovuma's area has been drilled and further drilling is expected in the second half of CY12. Although, the company has not fixed any timeline for oil and gas demerger, Dhoot calculates the NPV(Net Present Value) of Videocon's stake in the Mozambique block at USD 6.5 billion.

Below is the edited transcript of the interview on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying videos.

Q: Can you tell us about the discovery off the coast of Mozambique? What is the amount that Anadarko is talking about?

A: It's a very good news for India. India will be having 20% of the gas. Anadarko said that about 60 tcf of gas has been found and it is approaching the recoverable 60 trillion and it is approaching towards 100 trillion recovered reserve. It is equal to 17 billion barrels of oil and Videocon and BPCL both have 20% share in the gas well.

It's a very big find and very big news. I should say this is one of the largest gas find in the world as on today and from the beginning Mozambique field has been very successful to Videocon and it started from 10 Tcf and now it is talking about 100 Tcf. This is enviable to any gas producer in the world.

Q: Just wanted to come down with regards to the 10% stake that Videocon holds in this oil discovery. What exactly would it value your stake at this point in time and give us a sense in terms of the modalities of the possible demerger of your oil and gas business? Where would all of this stand now?

A: That demerger will come later. I think NPV calculation at today's rate should come to around USD 6.5 billion for Videocon. It's a great news. It's a great success. That should be the value and our other partners would also benefit.

This is just the beginning. Just one-third area of Mozambique has been discovered so far. Mozambique is now approaching to be as big as Qatar and it is good news for Videocon and India.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 11:58am On Apr 17, 2013
@Mudfaces
As we speak 112million people in Naija live below $1 a day. Over 80 million or half of Nigerias population live in RURAL AREAS/VILLAGE boys(where theres poor roads,no electricity,poor education etc..). Am sure this makes ya'll feel better heyPOOR GIANTS wanna be. Their HDI index is still low... In HIV AIDS a research by a Nigerian Prof in UCT and Indian research institute shows Nigeria and India will overtake SA in HIV AIDS by 2016 onwards.

Pls ask me to bring this source
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2013
In SA we celebrate MIXED HOUSING projects that will benefit the POOR like CORNUBIA, BRIDGE CITY, WESCAPE HOUSING, WALMER LINK etc..not skyscrapers that will be living foreign investors from Europe.

BRIDGE CITY
Built for the masses(Indians and blacks placed by apartheid in Phoenix and Umlazi).

http://www.bridgecity.co.za/news-details/2009/aug/20/bridge-city-durban-the-opportunity-to-invest-is-now/9/
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 17, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: In SA we celebrate MIXED HOUSING projects that will benefit the POOR like CORNUBIA, BRIDGE CITY, WESCAPE HOUSING, WALMER LINK etc..not skyscrapers that will be living foreign investors from Europe.

BRIDGE CITY
Built for the masses(Indians and blacks placed by apartheid in Phoenix and Umlazi).

http://www.bridgecity.co.za/news-details/2009/aug/20/bridge-city-durban-the-opportunity-to-invest-is-now/9/
Are you always on drugs? I can't imagine any individual that is so disorganized to your level. Mind you, discovery oil in large quantity is one thing getting it floating to where they are needed is another. So, the claims of finding oil in all those countries will not come upstream until 2-5 years, before they can be fulling operational to full capacity. Before then Nigeria is still going to export more than the others in the continent. I don't see how finding oil in other African countries means Nigeria will not export it oil? I am waiting for you to prove it.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by elebiola(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
Just a big shame... Its just a white elephant project,Clinton had to be brought into the country to give it credibility. Sinking billions when it can be used to improve or consolidate on what has been done but rather, its to start what cannot be completed. SMH
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
elebiola: Just a big shame... Its just a white elephant project,Clinton had to be brought into the country to give it credibility. Sinking billions when it can be used to improve or consolidate on what has been done but rather, its to start what cannot be completed. SMH
It is surprising how foreigners like you come to point out the validity of projects happening in Nigeria with complete misinformation. The truth is that you are just another hater who has little or no fact about what is happening in that country. over 70% of the area has be sold out and that just prove you wrong. There is ongoing building construction on the first phase of the project as we are commenting on this forum.

I will provide information below to support my argument with links, image and videos to help you with good ideas about what is going on at Eko Atlantic City.

LINKS

1. The Eko Atlantic City official website link is HERE.

2. A South Florida online news on Eko Atlantic City is HERE.

3. Information on Eko Atlantic City from Skyscrapernews.com link is HERE.

4. Eko Atlantic City Facebook page link is HERE.

IMAGES

5.Image of Eko Atlantic City showroom in Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos.

6.Image of Eko Atlantic City showroom in Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos.

7. Image of aerial view of the ongoing land reclamation process.

8. Images of Pear Tower under-construction at Eko Atlantic City:

(a) Image of rendering of Pear Tower at Eko Atlantic City.

(b) Image of ongoing work of Pear Tower at Eko Atlantic City.

(c) Image of boring holes for Pear Tower and for the soil rigidity at Eko Atlantic City.

8. Image of Eko Atlantic City masterplan.

VIDEOS

9. Video of ongoing work of land reclamation

(a)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syL-q9CphnE

(b)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZ3tgZ9G6g

10. The Lagos state governor talking about the Eko Atlantic City project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GITNzSEZMA

11. CNN commercial of Eko Alantic City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zr_LxXhIrc

However, before coming here to run your mouth around a project you know nothing about always try to do your research.
I hope the small information I have provided will convinced you of your wrong heard opinions about Eko Atlantic and the reason why the billions are being spent to build it.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 7:47am On Apr 19, 2013
@All4Naija
Bro ur 3D Renders and ur poor presentation still doesn't change my view about this project. As said before I'm in the BUILT AND ENGINEERING FIELD and familiar with these am UNSHAKEN.

I knew about this project from its begining thanx to the fact that we have people whor capable of doing this kind of work in SA than Naija. Other thing was the Nigerian chaps in our field here in SA. Like Angola Nigeria isn't FAILING THE POOR. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 7:55am On Apr 19, 2013
@All4Naija
I still say NIGERIANS make noise about SMALL THINGS DURBAN is doing a similar project on the TIP OF DURBAN HARBOUR. The PROJECT IS CALLED DURBAN POINT WATERFRONT we still have created threads dubbing it as the next big thing under the sun. Maybe its because we're used to BIG PROJECTS IN SOUTH AFRICA AND FEW OF US ARE VILLAGERS(Over 80million Nigerians are villagers and easy to fool).

Again CAPE TOWN URBAN RENEWAL PROJECT is another project in Cape Town thats gonna take place. [b]Led by AWARD WINNING BLACK SOUTH AFRICAN GOOD LOOKING YOUNG ARCHITECT MOKENA MAKEKA [/b]is going to benefit people of Cape Town(especially those who were removed by group areas act where blacks and coloureds,Indians were were removed in cities and placed in townships).

CAPE TOWN IS BOOMING WITH CRANES AND CONSTRUCTION AND WE'RE NOT MAKING NOISE LIKE U VILLAGERS UP NORTH grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:01am On Apr 19, 2013
@All4Naija
Your project was suppose to be named EKO BEACHFRONT because its on the beachfront of Lagos. But unfrotunately ya'll are desparate VILLAGERS who wanted to make headlines about NOTHING. You called it Eko City, am not suprised by that everything in Nigeria is exagarated in colleges and universities u use INTERNATIONAL. I ask myself how many internationals come to Nigeria for education? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One blogger said Naija is good with[b] SUGAR COATING![/b] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!!!!

Bro I can measure Eko Atlantics Area from here on Google GIS and tell u its name is exagarated. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ha ha u love-vendor one corner of Lagos u call that a CITY. The meaning of the term CITY has lost its meaning in NIGERIA.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:11am On Apr 19, 2013
@All4Naija
Your countryhas alot of interesting CARTOON CHARACTERS like the guy who came with THE FLOATING SLUMS OF MAKOKOThese might one float to Rio De Jeneiro or somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean grin grin grin grin grin grin. Is it how Naija gets rid of SLUMSPlace the poor on FLOATING STRUCTURES so that they can make their way out of Naija??

In SA that FOOL would have been grilled especially after looking at the choice of materials to build these. Flameable crap and never thought about the health of the people who will be staying in these. Only in NIGERIA where someone can get away with STUPID IDEAS like these. Now I know why SOUTH AFRICAN UNIVERSITIES TOP IN AFRICA. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2013
@All4Naija
Heres DURBAN POINT project like Eko Atlantic its near the beachfront and KING SHAKA MARINE, but we haven't given it a stupid name like SHAKA CITY or SHAKA INTERNATIONAL.

Here a link with 2003 feasibilty study drawings note its under construction now and will be finished early next year. Some buildings are done. NOTE DESPITE THE CONSTUCTION ON OUR BEACHFRONT OUR WATER IS STILL CLEAN, DURBANITES ARE SWIMMING ON THE OTHERSIDE NEARBY WHILE HARDOWORK CONTINUES. Note all our projects are INHOUSE JOBS/DONE BY SOUTH AFRICANS NO OUTSIDER. From labour to Architects,Engineers,Qs's etc..its all SOUTHIES OF DIFFERENT SKIN COLOURS/RAINBOW NATION wink wink wink wink wink

http://www.global-arena.com/en/Location-Directory/Africa/Southern-Africa/South-Africa/KwaZulu-Natal/Durban/durban-point-waterfront/
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:37am On Apr 19, 2013
@All4naija
Am off to SITE. Yeah Im a MOUSE PUSHER by professional and DEMI GOD/CREATIVE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Can't wait to see ur replies and those of ur kin. One thing Im sure of is that they'll be reactionary crap. Know Nigerian mentality by now.

NIGERIANS PLEASE SINK THIS INTO YOUR THICK PITCH BLACK SKULLS. CAPE TOWN TOPS IN AFRICA. Has the HIGHEST HDI INDEX in AFRICA, its NATURAL BEAUTY is uncomparable, is on the list of 7 WONDERS OF NATURE YOU MUST SEE BEFORE YOU DIE.

Cape Town construction BOOOOOOM despite % GDP nonsense by Nigerian VILLAGERS.
Random developments in Cape Town.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1604560
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by ba7man(m): 9:31am On Apr 19, 2013
It either @ AwodwaGyanOniwe is a feminine guy or he's bitter at Nigerians. Look at the way he runs up and down posting to prove any news on progress in Nigeria wrong. You appear to be loosing a grip of yourself. Its not what you're doing but how you're doing it....it betrays what's going on inside you, its almost like he's panicking. You're not a confident person. #Fact# You can argue and keep on posting but i know you're not happy inside.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by ba7man(m): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2013
To the S.A guy with the long weird name. We are currently trying to rebuild our Nation, Nigeria after decades of misrule so we tend to celebrate every brick laid. True, the world knows S.A is a highly developed country but i still remember vividly the periods your parents spent under Apatheid so i witnessed your history too. Now you come out and talk as if you had a hand in the development of S.A, menwhile it was in my presence that they let out the Black population from the fenced comunities they were confined in. Thank your stars and Mandela for giving you access to the Modern day S.A and stop condeming those trying to build theirs from scratch. We all know that country would be different if it wasn't for the White population.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 19, 2013
@ AwodwaGyanOniwe

Look at this pathetic loser coming here to soil my beautiful Eko Atlantic City with hates. Look at this SA discriminated and self-inflicted inferiority individual coming here to make my baby Eko Atlantic City lose its worth.

I have seen all those South African projects and there is none that can be compared to my Eko Atlantic City. They are not on the same level and scale of things to happen in the 7 KM city that is being built on a reclaimed land from the Atlantic ocean, wild hand that has eroded the shore of the African second largest city(possibly the largest by population) for years.

What makes it a city within a city is it dynamics of having functional qualities of a city, from population to infrastructure. That you failed to comprehend. You have no any idea about this part of Lagos that will be residence to over one hundred thousand population and have one of African best amenities.

I am a little bit disturbed by your comments. Indeed, I think you have some mental and obsession about Nigeria to deal with. Truly, Nigeria is the giant of Africa that can put fear in SA people's minds. That you have just proved with your insecurity here in this thread.

The only advice I have for you is, if you are really good in your field you better come to Lagos and prove your skill and let Eko Atlantic City employ you and give you big pay.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by ba7man(m): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
@ Allfornaija. Why are you bothering explaining all that to him?? If he came and dropped 2 or 3 posts, argued a bit and left, it would be ok......but he kept posting and posting and isulting and hating till it started bordering on an obsession laced with insanity. Its not what he's doing but how he's doing it.....
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 20, 2013
this awodwa guy is a ghananian not a south african.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:00am On Apr 22, 2013
@All4Naija
Greetings hope ur fine u and ur crew.

Last week u mentioned the SIZE AND SCALE of your project Eko Atlantic compared to the projects I send ya'll.

WELL LETS COMPARE THE SIZES SINCE U WANT US TO DO THIS.
I'll start with one of the projects I sent.

AMAZULU WORLD/MACAMBINI PROJECT
SIZE=16500 hectares/165 million squares

We're busy with this project and not making noise.
Follow link
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=734138&page=2

NOTE:EKO ATLANTIC
SIZE= 5million squares, its a BABY COMPARED TO AMAZULU WORLD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 8:08am On Apr 22, 2013
@All4Naija
NOTE THIS IS A CITY BUILT FROM SCRATCH NORTH OF DURBAN(Durbs is receiving its own projects like the waterfront and centrum).

CHALLENGE The challenge for the 16,500-hectare (40,590-acre) property was to create a new city and environment for over 400,000 residents on an existing veld (grassland) populated by giraffe, zebra, springbok and crocodiles. The site is next to the Indian Ocean, 40 minutes north of the new King Shaka International Airport, near Durban.

SOLUTION AmaZulu Valley is a visionary project that will embody the ideal of an African renaissance that has relevance to today's awareness of conservation as well as the intrinsic qualities of the Zulu culture. Taking inspiration from the Zulus belief of stewardship of the land a storyline was created based on the elements of earth, wind, fire and water. This vision creates an opportunity to utilize many revolutionary sustainable design elements. A manmade lake becomes the focus of the heart of the master plan including theme parks, a city walk, iconic hotels and a downtown office development. The site is 40% developed while 60% open, green space is preserved to allow the wild animals' access around the site to existing grazing and water.

SIZE 16,500 Hectares/165million sqaures

AMENITIES King Shaka Zulu cultural center, theme park, water park, city walk, urban core, hotels, resorts and spas, sports village, golf courses, marina, residential developments, offices, education facilities and eleven Zulu villages.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
AwodwaGyanOniwe: @All4Naija
Greetings hope ur fine u and ur crew.

Last week u mentioned the SIZE AND SCALE of your project Eko Atlantic compared to the projects I send ya'll.

SIZE=16500 hectares/165 million squares

Follow link
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=734138&page=2

NOTE:EKO ATLANTIC
SIZE= 5million squares, its a BABY COMPARED TO AMAZULU WORLD grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha... This is very laughable. You are comparing more or less a city block projects in SA to a city within a cosmopolitan city. It is either you don't know how to convert km^2 to hectares or vice versa. 7 KM^2 is 700,000 hectares my friend. The business district alone is 700,000 square meters. So, all your project added together is still very small when compare to Eko Atlantic city.

Keep deceiving yourself. The truth is that there is no ongoing project in Africa that is better than Eko Atlantic City at the moment, none in SA.

I wouldn't say you can cry me a river, dude. But, I am having my baby city breathing heavily alive. You can visit this Wiki link
HERE to get the scale of the project.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 7:35am On Apr 23, 2013
@All4Naija
YOU ARE THE ONE THATS FOOLING HIMSELF SOLDIER grin grin grin grin
Everyone knows that Eko Atlantic is a 5million square baby. grin grin grin grin grin

S[b]IZE=16500 hectares/165 million squares[/b]
Follow link
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by AwodwaGyanOniwe: 7:41am On Apr 23, 2013
@All4Naija
VILLAGE SOLDIER YOU WERE LUCKY YESTERDAY I WENT TO SITE. THEREFORE I WASN'T ABLE TO POST SOME MORE HIGH RISE PROJECTS FROM SA.
CAPE TOWN SALT RIVER URBAN RENEWAL IS THE SAME SIZE AS EKO ATLANTIC AND MOST PEOPLE KNOW CAPE TOWN WAS BUILT ON RECLAIMED LAND. Know that you DUMB UNEDUCATED soldier dont know that one. Mathias Offodile on skyscrapercity.com will tell u that one. Ooops sorry he a PROUD SOUTH AFRICAN of Nigerian descent and is hated by Nigerians for telling the trueth. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Resumes As Chief Of Staff To President Tinubu (Pictures) / Dino Melaye Rides 3-Wheels Motorcycle In Abuja / Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu Is New NNPC GMD - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.