Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,550 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? (59514 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Can A City Be Commercial And Serene In Nigeria? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
OAM4J:

You are not making sense bro. Am not an economist or a financial expert, but your argument doesn't make sense to me as a layman.

Are you saying because Government will have to perform his regular duties in a growing economy, they should shy away from supporting developments and investments that will generate thousands of jobs and millions/billions in revenue for the same government?

Let us even assume that government money is involved in this partnership, this is a viable investment for crying out loud. Or you think the private sector (home and abroad) investing their money on the project will put their penny if they don't see it viable?

Your argument of it not being a priority also doesn't hold ground. When should building a city be of a priority in a continuous growing state? and how does this investment affect provision of roads and power? Lagos state is one of the few states investing heavily in power and transportation?

I have nothing to say to your friend who think financial experts investing billions of their money are dreamers. Both of you are example of pessimists we don't need around government.

I just don't know why it is difficult to commend a good initiative when we see one. Looks like past government administrations have dealt massively on many Nigerians psyches and they just cant see anything good coming from the government again. too bad!

Very well said.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
@Eko Ile

Please, ignore these people - they have nothing to add to the thread. They're just jealous of the project - hence, why they are trying to find faults, where there is none.. lipsrsealed
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2012
OAM4J:

You are not making sense bro. Am not an economist or a financial expert, but your argument doesn't make sense to me as a layman.

Are you saying because Government will have to perform his regular duties in a growing economy, they should shy away from supporting developments and investments that will generate thousands of jobs and millions/billions in revenue for the same government?

Let us even assume that government money is involved in this partnership, this is a viable investment for crying out loud. Or you think the private sector (home and abroad) investing their money on the project will put their penny if they don't see it viable?

Your argument of it not being a priority also doesn't hold ground. When should building a city be of a priority in a continuous growing state? and how does this investment affect provision of roads and power? Lagos state is one of the few states investing heavily in power and transportation?

I have nothing to say to your friend who think financial experts investing billions of their money are dreamers. Both of you are example of pessimists we don't need around government.

I just don't know why it is difficult to commend a good initiative when we see one. Looks like past government administrations have dealt massively on many Nigerians psyches and they just cant see anything good coming from the government again. too bad!

^^^

You sholdn't have bothered making this post, cos thesame people who claimed they are the ones building lagos are thesame attacking this wonderful project. They are so bittered about any development coming to south west.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2012
The vultures would have been happy should the head line reads "Ibori bought a 15 million pounds house in Lodon with Delta state money".

Whether una like or una no like am, south west is progressing! If you are not happy with it, go hug a wet transformer.

Poor sods!
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
The vultures would have been happy should the head line reads "Ibori bought a 15 million pounds house in Lodon with Delta state money".

Whether una like or una no like am, south west is progressing! If you are not happy with it, go hug a wet transformer.

Poor sods!

This pic speaks volume.

Sometimes I just feel sorry for them...

SE projects. 42. And most are just internet and news paper projects.

SW 361 Projects...

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2012
You have a right to your opinion and I respect that. I also dont mind discussing topics if we can keep it from insults since I think the object is at the end of the day to exchange ideas and hopefully go away with something learned. It may be at the end of the day, we may agree to disagree. What I dont like is when people try and claim they have knowledge on a subject they dont and then when its made obvious resort to insults and belittling.

If you go back and read MY FIRST POST, you will see that I said I thought it was a very commendable project and I still think it is, BUT its not the top priority. The argument of private investors is a double edged sword. Dont take my word but have a look and do some investigating yourself. PIs are known for investments that will yield them hefty returns, BUT these returns do not mean in any way that it will benefit the masses. In other words will the common man profit from this, I doubt it.

The reason for this project in my humble opinion and forgive me if Im offending anyone, is to move away from the issues they are facing. The lease will provide the state with income and the erosion problem will be eased for the time being. Its a known fact that the state is being swalloed by debt. Its also not a secret that VI is no longer able to support the businesses that are there. Also the erosion of the stretch of beach has been immense. In other words, the state is losing its ground to the sea. They dont have have the money to correct this, so in comes the idea of having PIs fund for this. It would have cost the state US 6 BN or alomst NGN 1 TRN to do it. You dont have to be an economist to know they dont have it. Its also no secret that Lagos is overcrowded and will have 25mln by 2015 so they need to expand.

When one sees the prices of land etc, then you need to ask yourself who will be there. I predict you will see a shift of business from VI to Eko, there will some job creation but certainly not in the region that some are claiming. During the building phase there will be without doubt the need for jobs in the construction sector, but what about others. As some one rightfully pointed out, Real Estate expansion has never created jobs in other sectors.

I just wonder why we are focusing on this whereas there are so many BASIC issues that arent solved. Electricty will be guaranteed there, but what about the rest of the state. Cant we provide constant electricty even if its not for 24 hrs ( ie 18 a day to start).

What benefits do you think you (or those around you) will derive personally from this? No matter what, its coming. The future will decide whether it was a just cause or not.

OAM4J:

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2012
Blah blah. . . .and blabbing! It feels good to visit palm island, abi?.

Abegi make we hear sointin' jooor. Winch them!

PBundles: You have a right to your opinion and I respect that. I also dont mind discussing topics if we can keep it from insults since I think the object is at the end of the day to exchange ideas and hopefully go away with something learned. It may be at the end of the day, we may agree to disagree. What I dont like is when people try and claim they have knowledge on a subject they dont and then when its made obvious resort to insults and belittling.

If you go back and read MY FIRST POST, you will see that I said I thought it was a very commendable project and I still think it is, BUT its not the top priority. The argument of private investors is a double edged sword. Dont take my word but have a look and do some investigating yourself. PIs are known for investments that will yield them hefty returns, BUT these returns do not mean in any way that it will benefit the masses. In other words will the common man profit from this, I doubt it.

The reason for this project in my humble opinion and forgive me if Im offending anyone, is to move away from the issues they are facing. The lease will provide the state with income and the erosion problem will be eased for the time being. Its a known fact that the state is being swalloed by debt. Its also not a secret that VI is no longer able to support the businesses that are there. Also the erosion of the stretch of beach has been immense. In other words, the state is losing its ground to the sea. They dont have have the money to correct this, so in comes the idea of having PIs fund for this. It would have cost the state US 6 BN or alomst NGN 1 TRN to do it. You dont have to be an economist to know they dont have it. Its also no secret that Lagos is overcrowded and will have 25mln by 2015 so they need to expand.

When one sees the prices of land etc, then you need to ask yourself who will be there. I predict you will see a shift of business from VI to Eko, there will some job creation but certainly not in the region that some are claiming. During the building phase there will be without doubt the need for jobs in the construction sector, but what about others. As some one rightfully pointed out, Real Estate expansion has never created jobs in other sectors.

I just wonder why we are focusing on this whereas there are so many BASIC issues that arent solved. Electricty will be guaranteed there, but what about the rest of the state. Cant we provide constant electricty even if its not for 24 hrs ( ie 18 a day to start).

What benefits do you think you (or those around you) will derive personally from this? No matter what, its coming. The future will decide whether it was a just cause or not.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 2:34pm On Apr 19, 2012
I KNEW IT WOULDNT TAKE TOO LONG BEFORE SOMEONE THREW IN THE OLD TRIBAL WRENCH. WOW. I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL NIGERIANS. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IM NOT FROM THE SW OR HAVE SW BLOOD. MY BLOOD FAMILY COVERS EVERY REGION, EVERY AND HAS BOTH CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM. I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN THAT AS A POSITIVE.

I COULD HAVE MISSED IT BUT DID SOMEONE MAKE MENTION THAT THEY DIDNT WANT THE SW TO PROSPER, BUT ITS OBVIOUS THAT YOU CERTAINLY DONT WANT A CERTAIN REGION TO PROSPER. SHAME ON YOU. WHEN SOMEONE ASK YOU WHERE YOU ARE FROM FROM NOW ON SAY SW NIGERIA OK, IT MAY MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER.

I CAN UNDERSTAND AN OYINBOS/WHITEMANS RACISM, BUT THE MOST DESPICABLE IS COMING FROM YOUR SO CALLED BROTHERS/SISTERS.

YOU HAVE REACHED A NEW LOW. ANYWAY I WAS WARNED THAT I WOULD LOSE HOPE IN HUMANITY ON THIS FORUM.

Eko Ile:

This pic speaks volume.

Sometimes I just feel sorry for them...

SE projects. 42. And most are just internet and news paper projects.

SW 361 Projects...
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles: I KNEW IT WOULDNT TAKE TOO LONG BEFORE SOMEONE THREW IN THE OLD TRIBAL WRENCH. WOW. I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL NIGERIANS. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IM NOT FROM THE SW OR HAVE SW BLOOD. MY BLOOD FAMILY COVERS EVERY REGION, EVERY AND HAS BOTH CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM. I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN THAT AS A POSITIVE.

I COULD HAVE MISSED IT BUT DID SOMEONE MAKE MENTION THAT THEY DIDNT WANT THE SW TO PROSPER, BUT ITS OBVIOUS THAT YOU CERTAINLY DONT WANT A CERTAIN REGION TO PROSPER. SHAME ON YOU. WHEN SOMEONE ASK YOU WHERE YOU ARE FROM FROM NOW ON SAY SW NIGERIA OK, IT MAY MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER.

I CAN UNDERSTAND AN OYINBOS/WHITEMANS RACISM, BUT THE MOST DESPICABLE IS COMING FROM YOUR SO CALLED BROTHERS/SISTERS.

YOU HAVE REACHED A NEW LOW. ANYWAY I WAS WARNED THAT I WOULD LOSE HOPE IN HUMANITY ON THIS FORUM.

Because that's always your problem Don't get mad because I put it out there.

It's always tribal with you clowns especially when all the rubbish you spew makes no sense to nobody but your tribal a/s//s/s/.

You prosper only when you look, learn and duplicate, not by displaying bad bele and negativity all over the place. Bad bele people don't prosper in life.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 2:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
Is it your money? This is our money and we are very pleased with what Fashola is doing and how he is spending it. Your opinion is not needed, so take whatever hate-filled opinion to where the sun don't shine.

Very soon, you will be forced to present entry VISA to lagos. Hypocites!

PBundles: I KNEW IT WOULDNT TAKE TOO LONG BEFORE SOMEONE THREW IN THE OLD TRIBAL WRENCH. WOW. I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL NIGERIANS. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT IM NOT FROM THE SW OR HAVE SW BLOOD. MY BLOOD FAMILY COVERS EVERY REGION, EVERY AND HAS BOTH CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM. I HAVE ALWAYS SEEN THAT AS A POSITIVE.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 3:01pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles: You have a right to your opinion and I respect that. I also dont mind discussing topics if we can keep it from insults since I think the object is at the end of the day to exchange ideas and hopefully go away with something learned. It may be at the end of the day, we may agree to disagree. What I dont like is when people try and claim they have knowledge on a subject they dont and then when its made obvious resort to insults and belittling.

Provision of basic infrastructures life electricity is the primary responsibility of the government and Lagos state is not in control of the electricity dynamics in Nigeria and if I might add, Lagos state built the first private power generating plant in Nigeria and it was taken over by the federal government.Mixing a private project like the EAC with a federal responsibility like provision of electricity sounds foolish and ignorant.

The people of Lagos state stands to benefit immensely from this project because with 3 billion dollars worth of real estate and development including activities like restaurants, entertainment, harbor and boats licensing (The list goes on) the state is in for a huge tax bonanza which is the same tax money the state is going to spend n the same things you are losing sleep over. Taxes from the EAC will build roads, will build bridges, will build bridges, will build water and power plants.

This is not rocket science if you have any thinking brain.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2012
ok, nice you have it all figured out.

Eko Ile:

Provision of basic infrastructures life electricity is the primary responsibility of the government and Lagos state is not in control of the electricity dynamics in Nigeria and if I might add, Lagos state built the first private power generating plant in Nigeria and it was taken over by the federal government.Mixing a private project like the EAC with a federal responsibility like provision of electricity sounds foolish and ignorant.

The people of Lagos state stands to benefit immensely from this project because with 3 billion dollars worth of real estate and development including activities like restaurants, entertainment, harbor and boats licensing (The list goes on) the state is in for a huge tax bonanza which is the same tax money the state is going to spend n the same things you are losing sleep over. Taxes from the EAC will build roads, will build bridges, will build bridges, will build water and power plants.

This is not rocket science if you have any thinking brain.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2012
Im prosering so dont get it.

Eko Ile:

Because that's always your problem Don't get mad because I put it out there.

It's always tribal with you clowns especially when all the rubbish you spew makes no sense to nobody but your tribal a/s//s/s/.

You prosper only when you look, learn and duplicate, not by displaying bad bele and negativity all over the place. Bad bele people don't prosper in life.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by OAM4J: 3:07pm On Apr 19, 2012

IMO, you have just argued in favour of what any smart government facing ocean surge and financial problem should do.

You don't expect Lagos goverment to leave the problem alone while people die yearly and existing properties/land continuously give way to the ocean on the excuse of lack of fund, do you?

But now a right thinking government just used a stone to kill too birds, stop the ocean surge problem while creating investment/revenue opportunity. You should appreciate Lagos government not condemn it.

What makes you think the project will not benefit the masses in the long run? Agreed such city is not for the masses or low class people, but there will still be jobs for them there and in the long run the tax revenue generated from the rich living and working there can be used to provide more infrastructure and social amenities for the masses.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 3:08pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles: ok, nice you have it all figured out.

It's really common sense, the same common sense you are in dire need of.

1 Like

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 3:16pm On Apr 19, 2012
Let me get this str8 a racist is talking about hate filled. You are a rascist plain and simple. You think because you are black your not. Soon you will tell us Hitler was trying to keep the jews warm.

VISA, dude God knows they will let me in before they let you in.

Rhino.5dm:
Is it your money? This is our money and we are very pleased with what Fashola is doing and how he is spending it. Your opinion is not needed, so take whatever hate-filled opinion to where the sun don't shine.

Very soon, you will be forced to present entry VISA to lagos. Hypocites!

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by EkoIle1: 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2012
PBundles: Let me get this str8 a racist is talking about hate filled. You are a rascist plain and simple. You think because you are black your not. Soon you will tell us Hitler was trying to keep the jews warm.

Shouldn't you be looking for something good to say about your village and your village governors? Are you not proud of you village ni? Why are you here crying over other people's wahala?
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2012
Once again Im not condemning them, this shouldnt be the first choice thats all Im saying. I think that the Lagos govenment is BY FAR one of the better goverend states if not the best. Anyone can see that the Gov is trying. I think however that he may have ransomed the state away on this but we will see. You can control erosion in less costly manner. I would have liked to see a general expansion if gaining back land was the intention, not just in the rich area but also where the common people reside. Ho wcan you eliviate over population by creating space that only a reserved few can occupy.

You concur its not for the masses, then who benefits at the end of the day then. Lets pray for life, so we will be alive to witness this. For the record, NOTHING WOULD MAKE ME MORE HAPPY THAN TO SEE THAT IT DOES BENEFIT THE MASSES AND I WAS WRONG.

OAM4J:

IMO, you have just argued in favour of what any smart government facing ocean surge and financial problem should do.

You don't expect Lagos goverment to leave the problem alone while people die yearly and existing properties/land continuously give way to the ocean on the excuse of lack of fund, do you?

But now a right thinking government just used a stone to kill too birds, stop the ocean surge problem while creating investment/revenue opportunity. You should appreciate Lagos government not condemn it.

What makes you think the project will not benefit the masses in the long run? Agreed such city is not for the masses or low class people, but there will still be jobs for them there and in the long run the tax revenue generated from the rich living and working there can be used to provide more infrastructure and social amenities for the masses.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Bolarge1(m): 3:31pm On Apr 19, 2012
THE COMPLETION OF THIS MAGNIFICIENT PROJECT COULD ONLY BE POSSIBLE IF ACN POLITICAL PARTY CONTINUES TO RULE LAGOS. ANY CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT TO ANOTHER PARTY WILL TRUNCATE THE VISION. THIS IS THE REALITY WITH LACK OF CONTINUITY IN NIGERIA POLITY.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Rhino5dm: 3:32pm On Apr 19, 2012
Dude, you must be high on cheap grass to think intelligent mind among us won't decode the deep coded bigotry driving you to brink of making silly comments in the name of objectivity. If this wonderful project is paining you that much, why don't you apply suicide option?

Recist? Whatever makes you sleep well at night.

PBundles: Let me get this str8 a racist is talking about hate filled. You are a rascist plain and simple. You think because you are black your not. Soon you will tell us Hitler was trying to keep the jews warm.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 3:37pm On Apr 19, 2012
Depends which one actually, as I stated earlier im mixed. Maternal is Northern and SE and paternal is SW and MW(IKA). So let me know which one I should praise Himler. Adolf will soon be backing you very soon.

Eko Ile:

Shouldn't you be looking for something good to say about your village and your village governors? Are you not proud of you village ni? Why are you here crying over other people's wahala?

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by PBundles(m): 3:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
Intelligent minds, sorry but does 2 brain cells constitute intelligence. You boy doesnt know finance terminology and got mad because I called him out and made him look silly.

The typical response from a rascist arent you the one that wrote WE would be needing VISAs. Who is we.

And I repeat they will let me in before they let you in, believe me.

Rhino.5dm:
Dude, you must be high on cheap grass to think intelligent mind among us won't decode the deep coded bigotry driving you to brink of making silly comments in the name of objectivity. If this wonderful project is paining you that much, why don't you apply suicide option?

Recist? Whatever makes you sleep well at night.

Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2012
The potential is there . . .
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by BlackBaron: 4:39pm On Apr 19, 2012
Any thoughts on this Banana island project guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvHvtAH-s8

Not entirely convinced by her supposedly most expensive price tag. Bar the interlocking paved roads and few edifice, the rest looks just ok to me.
Re: Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? by manny4life(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2012
Beautiful, in Nigeria, yeah but in Africa, particularly with springing up developing nations, that's a question I don't really think we'll have answers too unless there's physical comparisons. However, I do know it will compete with major cities in Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung's First Wife Is Dead (Photo) / More Photos As Ex President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina State / Gov .danbaba Suntai Of Taraba State Casts Vote In Suntai Ward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.