Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,933 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:16 PM

The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (40370 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Nigerians In London Witness The Ibori Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by otokx(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
John Fashanu is an interesting character.

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by saydfact(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2012
the man for get 13days if he was still in 9ja...... next time be wise
lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by merengue: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
You people are really funny o, why are you blaming the Crown Prosecution? Our own justice system found the animal innocent and the British are helping us jail him, yet you are abusing them? I am unhappy he only got a 13 year sentence but I am joyful he got one at all. Every true Deltan is happy today and anyone that is not happy should go and organize MEND to bomb the prison, talking to animalistic morons like Yorke.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf: That means he will likely be free in under 5 years! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
wetin de worry oyibo people?

That is your ex-governor right ? Oyel money don put am for trouble. grin grin

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by AK481(m): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
na wa o,i thought dis guy was discharged and acquitted in 9ja?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Ejine(m): 4:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
13 years is quite high for a money laundering offence in the UK.
Well, I guess it's cuz he's got multiple crimes to his name. It's expected.

. . . Although I was hoping they'd lock him up and melt the key sha.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Alpha2k(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
13 yrs not enough but good he goes to prison. Lesson for others presently acting god.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by opee1231(f): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
this is best news i've read so far!!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Reference(m): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
I think 13 years is very much in line with this kind of offence under British law and this is simply because the country does not have people like this offending regularly. If we feel hard done by let us question our own criminal justice system because it is an epidemic here. In Britain he was essentially washing dirty linen in public. In Nigeria he robbed and maimed. This is the origin of the crime.

For all I know there could have been some clandestine tet' a tet at the highest levels to soften the rap. Anyway all will be revealed when he lands in Nigeria after his sojourn, whether to MMA and into the hands of associates complete with cultural troupe or to NA and a 21 gun salute and brass bands. Britain has done its part, how far naija.

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by cap28: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2012
How is it tht in america drug barons get seventy to life in 1992 (fmr president of panama manuel noriega gt sevnty yrs whch he is stll servng)and this ugly bstrd who has destroyd more lives than the average drug baron got a derisory thirteen yrs?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by jify(f): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
whether he stays in prison for 2 years or 3.4 years, my joy is that at least he will be in prison paying for his crimes. he may av done so much in delta state but i am yet to see what he did in my local govt so thank you uk for helping me to see this thief pay for the crime he committed against my state.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by madridsta007(m): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibori, James. Ex-Nigerian PDP governor sentenced to 13 years imprisonment in London today. For those complaining that the 13 years he got was too small, should please remember that he was arraigned in a Delta court, Nigeria, a couple of years ago and the 170 corruption charges brought against him was dismissed by the court judges. We owe the British court system our deepest gratitude.

As it is said, 99 days for the thief and one day for the long-suffering owner. Lets hope that all the stolen, laundered money and assets scattered across the globe are recovered and re-invested back to Delta State. The amount in question is just staggering angry.

Hope he is put in the jail-rooms where huge, big, strong, no-nonsense, hardened gay prisoners live grin.

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by lauyanAbuja: 4:11pm On Apr 17, 2012
A letter to the Britain Justice System: Your Lordships, take note and spread your tentacles because there hundreds of Iboris rooming in and out of Britain with looted funds from Nigeria. ;DA letter to the Britain Justice System: Your Lordships, take note and spread your tentacles because there are hundreds of Iboris rooming in and out of Britain with looted funds from Nigeria.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by demmykay: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
AIT news bar says ibori is jailed for 4yrs, here it reads 13yrs. Who do we believe?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
demmykay: AIT news bar says ibori is jailed for 4yrs, here it reads 13yrs. Who do we believe?

AIT is in debt. they are confussed, trust them not.

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by xtremeidea(m): 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
cry cry cry cry cry only 13 yrs!!!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by laspo24(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
Can we start extraditing our corrupt politicians to London since our judiciary system has been bastardized with corruption ?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Desola(f): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
demmykay: AIT news bar says ibori is jailed for 4yrs, here it reads 13yrs. Who do we believe?

ait is correct as i earlier stated.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Desola(f): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem:

AIT is in debt. they are confussed, trust them not.

I think they are right. Yes, the sentence handed down was for 13 years but deducting time already spent reduced it to 7 years and given that he would be let out on probabtion, he is likely only to spend 3.5 - 4 years.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
Desola:

I think they are right. Yes, the sentence handed down was for 13 years but deducting time already spent reduced it to 7 years and given that he would be let out on probabtion, he is likely only to spend 3.5 - 4 years.

Sad news. but its not for AIT to start doing those calculations now. let the whole world know that he has been sentenced to 13yrs first abi?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Beaf: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That is your ex-governor right ? Oyel money don put am for trouble. grin grin

Tinubu is in the same category as Ibori. One started by stealing roofing sheets, the other started by selling drugs.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Okijajuju1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
Desola:

4 YEARS!!!

ONLY!!!

LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!

I know niggers in jail awaiting trial for fighting that have spent over 4 years in jail. . . WTF!!

The law is a female dog!!

And U.K Jail is like a half star Hotel in Nigeria. . Chai!!

Can they deploy him to serve his time at Guantanamo?!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Demdem(m): 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

Tinubu is in the same category as Ibori. One started by stealing roofing sheets, the other started by selling drugs.

Shut up bunkum. Tinubu travels all over the world at any time without being arrested or molested by any security agents. Ask Obong Victor Attah to do that, or Dariye or Alams should try his luck again?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Myself2(m): 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2012
Who knows the details of the sentencing?is it going to run concurrently and all those technical ish they normally say which really means"Ibori is sentenced to some lesser jail time,but we'll just say 13yrs so some poor folk on nairaland can rejoice"
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Desola(f): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

4 YEARS!!!

ONLY!!!

LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!

I know niggers in jail awaiting trial for fighting that have spent over 4 years in jail. . . WTF!!

The law is a female dog!!

And U.K Jail is like a half star Hotel in Nigeria. . Chai!!

Can they deploy him to serve his time at Guantanamo?!

Sorry, that's the English judiciary for you.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by abiki(f): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
With good behaviour, he should be out in 6 yrs. Na wah o. But @ least he go smell rod small
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Desola(f): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
Myself2: Who knows the details of the sentencing?is it going to run concurrently and all those technical ish they normally say which really means"Ibori is sentenced to some lesser jail time,but we'll just say 13yrs so some poor folk on nairaland can rejoice"

concurrently? He's only been charged for one offence, hasn't he?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Beaf: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2012
Demdem:

Shut up bunkum. Tinubu travels all over the world at any time without being arrested or molested by any security agents. Ask Obong Victor Attah to do that?

He only goes to London. Fear no go let am near America, where he is wanted for drug offences.
One "Odidigborigbo of Africa," next will will be the drug prince:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/441476_TinubuDrugsIndictment_gifae809e8a0cdcb8b96a43c2b06813cdcb
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

Ouch. . . .If you insist Tinubu is a drug baron,sue him but as at date,the only convicted ex-governor known in the history of Nigeria is James IBORI.Good to know where the oyel money finally ended ! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Desola(f): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:

He only goes to London. Fear no go let am near America, where he is wanted for drug offences.
One "Odidigborigbo of Africa," next will will be the drug prince:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/441476_TinubuDrugsIndictment_gifae809e8a0cdcb8b96a43c2b06813cdcb

seriously, beaf, enough of these pictures and attachments. It's really annoying!

Can one not enjoy a thread without your stupid injections of cartoons or silly pictures? State your point in texts and move on, please!

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by feelamong(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2012

It is 13 yrs but since it will run concurrently..its equivalent to only about 4 calendar yrs..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

EFCC Operatives Arrest PDP Spokesperson Olisa Metuh Over N1.4b Fraud / Passenger Destroys Properties At Lagos Airport Over Missed Flight (Photo, Video) / 2023 Elections: Observer Group Presents Report, Calls For Unbundling Of INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.