Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates (40333 Views)

Igbinedion Donates 8M To Chief Judge's Book Launch After Son's Sentencing / John Fashanu Appears As Character Witness In Ibori's Sentencing / Nigerians In London Witness The Ibori Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by sunnshyn(f): 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2012
shymmex:

Nah, I have been to prison - and I have NO criminal record.. I was just on remand for some madness a couple of years ago, but I was discharge and acquitted when they found the REAL CULPRITS...

I used to be a road man - and I have heard loads of jail stories.. Half of man dem from the estate where I grew up are either in the bin, or have been to the bin.. So, I know wag1 in there, you get me?

I'm not a saint but I don't have any criminal record..

Don't mind my grammar, I'm psoting from my phone.
Thank goodness u cleared that out. I just was going to ask d same question. Lol
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by francis247(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2012
Okija_juju:

4 YEARS!!!

ONLY!!!

LIKE SERIOUSLY!!!

I know niggers in jail awaiting trial for fighting that have spent over 4 years in jail. . . WTF!!

The law is a female dog!!

And U.K Jail is like a half star Hotel in Nigeria. . Chai!!

Can they deploy him to serve his time at Guantanamo?!
you wicked O!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
Beaf:
Job ke! You want him to steal more money in prison?

This had me laughing like a jackal! Old habits die hard you know. cheesy
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by NwaNimo1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2012
Silly Nigerians - keep rejoicing like the 'West' have caught the only corrupt nigerian politician that ever lived.

The 'West' are making serious money out of this - they said the trial and investigation cost them millions which they will no doubt recoup.

The lawyers, judges, prosecutors etc have all made money from this - and next the private companies that run the prisons will make serious cash (uk taxpayers money) for the next 13 years looking after Ibori.

What he did was wrong - but typical of a nigerian politician.

Ibori lost out; the people of Delta state lost out, Nigeria lost out - the 'Brits' have made sh.it loads of money and will continue to do so from our naive people.

Keep rejoicing . . .
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by rusher14: 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2012
I wonder what he'll be doing while I'm watching the uefa champions' league tonight?
Hell I don't really care.
I'm more interested in what Robben and Gomez do.
Whoever wins i'm still a winner.
I'm a free man and I just love it
. tongue
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
13 yrs in prison in the united kingdom? piece of cake.
he would be out in 7 yrs. he would spend 4 of those 7 years in a category d prison.
sky movies, swimming pool, astroturf football, playstation, pool/snooker, chicken, rice, sliced bread and milk.

ibori is lounging. better off than 80% of nigerians in nigeria!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by doublecross(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2012
we really need the british helping hands in nigeria to fish out others. If GEJ is not a thief, he should be thinking towards this perspective. We have a whole lot of political thieves that are derailing this country with every second that counts. We need help as i know nigeria is just too weak to fo anything. Oyibo people go everly be godfather.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by wowo2: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2012
A pity Nigeria never learns from experience: not even from its own history.
In a sane society questions will be asked of how he was able to contest in an election considering that he was once a shop cashier thief.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 6:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
wowo2: A pity Nigeria never learns from experience: not even from its own history.
In a sane society questions will be asked of how he was able to contest in an election considering that he was once a shop cashier thief.

any nigerian citizen can contest for any political office in nigeria.
what is your point?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Kayday(m): 6:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
@beaf, u try o. I was looking for ur comment. Tot u'll start attaching it to Aregbe, yoruba, tinubu and acn.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Now Ibori has 13 years to think his life through, by the time he comes out he will be "67", still younger than OBJ now with enough time to put what he has learnt in prison to use and be an agent of change in Nigeria.

....Lets stop justifying a crime with another, Ibori is not the only criminal in Nigeria but it's minus one "thief in our government".
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Goldieluks:
Lmao, he is in heaven compared to Nigerian prisons. Let's not even start comparing both prisons. 80% or 100%?
Nigerian prison is hell gate.

eed your whole generation. So because i said am a proud Deltan, automatically means am sleeping with ibori? Your IQ is very low, go get it sorted nutter.[/color]

he's better than 80% of the nigerians walking free.......
he will have free food, free shelter and some nice prison clothes to boot! he would work/cop some education if he wishes.
besides, he's safe!
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by wowo2: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
coogar:

any nigerian citizen can contest for any political office in nigeria.
what is your point?

Oh really? even criminals? Nigeria must be a Jungle.
he man was sacked and arrested for thieving..theft..stealing
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by kiyosaki1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibori do not deserve all these bashing from you people. let he who never sin threw the first stone.If most of had the opportunity of meeting Chief Ibori one on one then you will not be condemning him.After all the money is not British money and is just a question of bigger thief using legal means to steal from small thief
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
wowo2:

Oh really? even criminals? Nigeria must be a Jungle.

he was convicted in england, not in nigeria.
it's up to the electoral officer to screen the politicians vying for posts.
if he slips through their screening, whose fault?
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by wowo2: 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
coogar:

he was convicted in england, not in nigeria.
it's up to the electoral officer to screen the politicians vying for posts.
if he slips through their screening, whose fault?

Exactly my point...who takes responsibility...nobody.
So sit back and watch this same scenario happen over and over and over again....
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by coogar: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
wowo2:

Exactly my point...who takes responsibility...nobody

that's the least of the worries of nigerians.
there's hardly any high ranking politician in nigeria who hasn't been in prison.
having a criminal record is no biggie in nigeria for politicians.
matter of fact, a criminal record strengthens their chance of winning political seats.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by wowo2: 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
coogar:

that's the least of the worries of nigerians.
there's hardly any high ranking politician in nigeria who hasn't been in prison.
having a criminal record is no biggie in nigeria for politicians.
matter of fact, a criminal record strengthens their chance of winning political seats.

Nice.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by kl2020: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
is it not a big shame for nigeria as a country? it is our colonial masters that will also ensure that our currupt politicians are sentenced for thier crime, as for me i will advice that power should be handed over back to the british...there is nothing to be ashamed of....the most important thing that should come to mind is the country's development....as long as a nigerian continue to rule that country...things will always get worse.....because i dont see anything that our judiciary and the leaders are doing, with this we can move forward at a very fast pace....we still have a lot to learn from the british...we don't know anything but we always claim to know everything....it is better not to die in shame....s h i t hole country...N1J1RIA

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by PrinceDudu(m): 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2012
kiyosaki1: Ibori do not deserve all these bashing from you people. let he who never sin threw the first stone.If most of had the opportunity of meeting Chief Ibori one on one then you will not be condemning him.After all the money is not British money and is just a question of bigger thief using legal means to steal from small thief

Dude, who is the small thief abeg.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
There was a time when Nigeria's highest ranking prisoner abroad was Major Muhammad Yusufu - a man who, along with others, tried to restore National honour by capturing a serial larcenist, Umaru Dikko.

Call it a cruel of fate if you must, @NLers , but nothing could be possibly be more befitting than to have our latest, high ranking prisoner sent to the same prison (Wandsworth), for atonement. cool
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2012
I don't know why people are supporting a criminal, this guy deserves death by hanging.. He robbed millions of people of good life, yet some of you still have empathy for him.. I see why Naija leader don't really give a phuck - but the sad part is that majority of those Nigerians, Ibori and his likes have deprieved of a good life, don't have a voice - and most of them don't even have internet access to express their feelings..

I feel their pains, and I will speak for them - because I can relate to them.. As for those backing Ibori, I have a question for you guys:

- if Nigeria leaders were not corrupt, and they developed Nigeria - would you guys be in the diaspora

As for me, if it wasn't for that faggit IBB - I know my parents would NEVER have left Nigeria.. You guys may enjoy the money you stole from the poor today, but nothing lasts forever... I grew up with Okotie-eboh's grand children in London - and they were as broke as every black kid.. It makes you wonder what happened to the billions their granddad stole in the first republic..

Ibori deserves to be shot dead - and the same goes for all the thieving bastards in Nigeria. Are you guys not ashamed of all the hungry and angry faces of Nigerians they show on TV; all the slums and villages; and that crazy 90% of Nigerians live on $1 a day bs? Things that makes you want to deny your nationality, and claim what you're not...

When "welcome to lagos" was on BBC - I had to hide from people because I used to brag about Lagos to my bredrins at UNI - and tell them Lagos was poor man's NY - but BBC exposed me.. I coudln't even watched that shyte...

Phuck Ibori, and phuck those backing up that trifling bastard..

1 Like

Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by sandee575(f): 7:35pm On Apr 17, 2012
Agreed that prison conditions in Britain are not like what we have here at Kirikiri
but the loss of freedom of an individual to choose what he wants to eat, what
he wants to do and where he wants to go is the real punishment behind incarceration.
A man like Ibori who has seen the good life, attended to by a horde of assistants
aides and mistresses will be on medication to retain his sanity for the first years.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by belvo(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2012
Ibory is there today not because he stole the most but bc he did step on toes .the next on line now is silver,while the Akwa ibom man who was maintion as ibori's partner,the Alams,odilis,mantus,kures would be walking free.
Re: The Ibori Sentencing: Live Updates by reindeer: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2012
;DI don't usually wish anyone evil but i hope this guy gets gang-rap3d in prison
This may teach him a lesson.
Imagine the world class hospitals his stolen wealth could have built
Imagine the number of pregnant women who wouldn't have died in labour
Imagine all the children born prematurely that would have had good incubator care
just imagine!
Infact, may he be gang-rap3d by a bunch of HIV infested never-do-wells!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Senate Recommends Increase In Prices Of Petrol And Diesel / DELTA State Governorship Election Result / Ministerial Screening: Amaechi Fights Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.