Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That (3287 Views)

Why Are Girls So Cheap (Pictures) / First-time Sex Is Never Like The Movies / Why Nigerian Girls Are So Disrespectful. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2012
Religion and Culture do not choose the people...

People choose the Religion and Culture...

And the Last 2 Points We agree on.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
So if you choose a religion or culture and follow into their ideology

Of misogynist and male chavinism then you really can't blame the religion and culture...

Im juss sayin....

..Kind of like walking outside when it has already started raining and then complaining about your clothes getting wet.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Mynd44: 7:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
*whistling*
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2012
I still don't understand why people still bask in the euphoria about the misconception that African culture makes women submissive..

Truth be told, African culture gave prominence to women from time immemorial, and no other culture supersedes Africa culture when it comes to celebrating women..

It's just logical that there can never be two leaders in the house, one has to lead, and the other has to support..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
Despicable-VII:
Religion and Culture do not choose the people...

People choose the Religion and Culture...

And the Last 2 Points We agree on.
the men were the decision makers; they chose we followed.We can't blame the Religion and Culture but we can blame men!
lol, i can blame men?!shocked then, i totally agree!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
So you can't Blame white men for oppressing Black Men....

But we can Blame black men for oppressing Black Women....

spellbinding hypothesis

..Fortunately...i do not subscribe to either theory

Black People are themselves the root of their own problems

Black Women are themselves the root of their own problems...

When addressing women willingly "choosing" to play the submissive roles throughout culture...

One can only look at Male Submissive Passive homosesuals and see a direct correlation

Take for example..HIP HOP music artist...and their groupies..

Mainly..Gay men and women...

who willingly allow themselves to be degraded and subjugated...

Notice rapper not only have chicks dancing in their videos dressed like hookas while calling them betches and h03s.....

They also degrade homosesual men and use derogatory bigoted terms like Phagg and such...

Yet ironically who is the largest consumers of Hip Hop Artist??..Who follows these people on twitter..and stalks them??

Who buys the concert Tickets?

Women and Gay Men....

Exactly....more proof that it is not only women who are being dominated and choose to be the submissive ones..

But also Gay Men.

Society is about Dominant versus submissive...Aggression vs Passive.

Just like the ANIMAL KingDOM....

And women..have chosen(just like gay men have) to be dominated.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 04, 2012
If you notice...there is a thread on nairaland with rich 50 year old white women posing with young 20 and 30 year old black men

Notice how women in this thread make jokes?...

Those women are powerful women Pioneers for "your" cause...yet you women do not even respect them...smh

See women do not even respect a "Female Leader"..or woman "in position of power"....Yall all clown them.

Once again..more proof into the mentality of women choosing to be the submissive breed of Humans...

Those women in that thread should be Praised instead of ridiculed

Even when a female presents greatness and Progression..the concept goes beyond the reaches of the Black Woman's Mind.

Because all they see is her "White Skin"....

....LmL Real Tawk..Take notes from those white women... wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
the men were the decision makers; they chose [b]we followed.[/b]We can't blame the Religion and Culture but we can blame men!
lol, i can blame men?!shocked then, i totally agree!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
i'm nothing like those women, i thought we had that cleared up in my first reply.
You took me too seriously regarding blaming the men. You had me cornered with the fact that we chose our Religion and culture, so i looked for a cheap way out! i agree with you on the fact women are to be blamed for indulging inequality! THE END!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by bittyend(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2012
Damn! This guy VII is a 7star general.. grin

Thread closed, I'm gone. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2012
A proud feminist I am! Undisputed. It has its pros and cons.
Buh ah well, people dat'd lyk u, will eventually lyk u and people dat ll hate u... Hmmn dey just keep on hating. So, if u lyk feminists, yaay! If u don't, teehee ; maybe in another lyf yh? Life is too short to be hauling abusive words on sum1else.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2012
yinkaGreen: A proud feminist I am! Undisputed. It has its pros and cons.
Buh ah well, people dat'd lyk u, will eventually lyk u and people dat ll hate u... Hmmn dey just keep on hating. So, if u lyk feminists, yaay! If u don't, teehee ; maybe in another lyf yh? Life is too short to be hauling abusive words on sum1else.

Who is a feminist - and who isn't?

If feminism is about independent women - and mutual respect, I'm a big fan.. But if it's about being loud and arrogant, that ish is off-putting.. I'm yet to meet any woman that can explain what feminism is all about. undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2012
Teehee grin I typed 2 paragraphs and decided to delete it... I type jargons a lot doe.
Buh in all honesty, lyk I said sum pipl misJudge feminists and think we r arrogant people and all dat. Personality has to do with an individual. So if u meet an arrogant feminist, know she chose to be 'arrogant' on her own. I personally choose to me free, childish-a-bit, open-minded, but a strong feminist who believes in gender equality, equal respect for n from every human being regardless of gender. (Hmmmn... I just typed jargons again.. *sigh* will I ever learn?)
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
yinkaGreen: Teehee grin I typed 2 paragraphs and decided to delete it... I type jargons a lot doe.
Buh in all honesty, lyk I said sum pipl misJudge feminists and think we r arrogant people and all dat. Personality has to do with an individual. So if u meet an arrogant feminist, know she chose to be 'arrogant' on her own. I personally choose to me free, childish-a-bit, open-minded, but a strong feminist who believes in gender equality, equal respect for n from every human being regardless of gender. (Hmmmn... I just typed jargons again.. *sigh* will I ever learn?)

You still haven't defined feminism.. And gender equality is subjective depending on the aspects of life you think all genders should be equal.

It's a known fact that there are things men can do that women will never be able to do in this lifetime, and vice versa.. So, what type of gender equality are you talking about? Or are you one of those insane women who like singing hallelujah noise about feminism but don't know what the heck they're chatting about..

Define what your opinion on feminism is - and we will take it from there.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:

You still haven't defined feminism.. And gender equality is subjective depending on the aspects of life you think all genders should be equal.

It's a known fact that there are things men can do that women will never be able to do in this lifetime, and vice versa.. So, what type of gender equality are you talking about? Or are you one of those insane women who singing hallelujah noise about feminism but don't know what the heck they're chatting about..

Define what your opinion on feminism is - and we will take it from there.
Hmmn.... *wears magnifying glasses and fakes a welsh accent* but mr shymmex u do take things P doe. Loosen up! Let's pretend m insane... HALLELUJAH! FEMINISM! FEMINISM!! FEMINISM!!! (Clueless on what feminism is all about) .
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by cowgurl: 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
grin She laughs in feminism. Believe me you, 'l be glad being a feminist than to be stuck with some chauvinistic arsehole. @Shollypopz, I applaud u gurl. @Topic. Cause unlike our fathers, majority of our guys are born arseholes.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Totoplayer20: 9:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
cowgurl: grin She laughs in feminism. Believe me you, 'l be glad being a feminist than to be stuck with some chauvinistic arsehole. @Shollypopz, I applaud u gurl. @Topic. Cause unlike our fathers, majority of our guys are born arseholes.

May be you are ashawo
so you can't appreciate a good man
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
cowgurl: grin She laughs in feminism. Believe me you, 'l be glad being a feminist than to be stuck with some chauvinistic arsehole. @Shollypopz, I applaud u gurl. @Topic. Cause unlike our fathers, majority of our guys are born arseholes.

That's a retar/ded statement.. Most naija girls are worse arseholes than the guys.. I don't like bashing naija girls - but truth be told, you're one of the most undesirable females out there.. Most of you are stuck up and needy.. That's the TRUTH!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:

That's a retar/ded statement.. Most naija girls are worse arseholes than the guys.. I don't like bashing naija girls - but truth be told, you're one of the most undesirable females out there.. Most of you are stuck up and needy.. That's the TRUTH!!
i beg to differ......
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
i beg to differ......

I don't know where you live, but where I live - naija girls don't really make the cut.. Everyone knows most naija girls are stuck up and needy - and they definitely don't offer the best in terms of looks.. Naija girls can't really compete with most other African girls in terms of looks.. I'll give it to them, when it comes to being classy, though..

It's just the cultural thing that makes people like me attracted to naija girls - without that, I don't even think naija girls would be on my list, to be honest.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by cowgurl: 10:29pm On Jun 04, 2012
Oh please! Spare me that crap Shymmex. And about most ladies being worst arseholes than guys, why won't they be? She laughs @ being stuck up n needy, why do you care mister? Is it ur cross to carry? And I still repeat, 'l rather be called a feminist than to be stuck with a chauvinistic arsehole and since you've identified yourself as one of 'em arseholes, I ain't gat tym for your kind. #word#
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2012
cowgurl: Oh please! Spare me that crap Shymmex. And about most ladies being worst arseholes than guys, why won't they be? She laughs @ being stuck up n needy, why do you care mister? Is it ur cross to carry? And I still repeat, 'l rather be called a feminist than to be stuck with a chauvinistic arsehole and since you've identified yourself as one of 'em arseholes, I ain't gat tym for your kind. #word#

Feminist, feminist, feminist - can you please define that word? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:

I don't know where you live, but where I live - naija girls don't really make the cut.. Everyone knows most naija girls are stuck up and needy - and they definitely don't offer the best in terms of looks.. Naija girls can't really compete with most other African girls in terms of looks.. I'll give it to them, when it comes to being classy, though..

It's just the cultural thing that makes people like me attracted to naija girls - without that, I don't even think naija girls would be on my list, to be honest.
your comment is too opinionated for me, you give me no basis to argue on. i can't oppose your conception, but i can tell you my opinion. Naija girls might not be the best but we are one of the best in looks, fact! as you said, it might just be naija girls around you that are stuck-up and needy.
cowgurl:
lmao @ #word#.......preach sister!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by cowgurl: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2012
Totoplayer20:

May be you are ashawo
so you can't appreciate a good man
Hey Mr, rephrase that to a simple question, then maybe, just maybe u might get my answer.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
your comment is too opinionated for me, you give me no basis to argue on. i can't oppose your conception, but i can tell you my opinion. Naija girls might not be the best but we are one of the best in looks, fact! as you said, it might just be naija girls around you that are stuck-up and needy.

My comment is not opinionated - it's the general belief in London.. And London has the highest number of diaspora Nigerians per city - in the world, the last time I checked.

Naija girls being one of the best in looks is laughable.. But I won't like to argue that - because looks is subjective, and the definition varies from one person to the other...

You don't need a soothsayer to tell you naija girls are stuck up and needy, it's a universal belief.. I used to think it was a London thing, but NL has shown it's the same everywhere...

PS, I don't like bashing naija girls - but cowgurl made me do it. grin

Can someone please explain feminism to me?? cheesy wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by cowgurl: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:
feminism is about independent women + mutual respect,
I digged that.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
cowgurl: I digged that.

I hear that.

You dig it, but do you exhibit it - or just practice your own pseudo-feminism like most girls do?

I see girls say they're feminist, yet still needy.. A feminist should never be needy because she got her own..
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:

My comment is not opinionated - it's the general belief in London.. And London has the highest number of diaspora Nigerians per city - in the world, the last time I checked.

Naija girls being one of the best in looks is laughable.. But I won't like to argue that - because looks is subjective, and the definition varies from one person to the other...

You don't need a soothsayer to tell you naija girls are stuck up and needy, it's a universal belief.. I used to think it was a London thing, but NL has shown it's the same everywhere...

I'd think you would have looked it up on google by nw for d whole feminist ideology after tellin u repeatedly what it is. Buh ah well, *singin in madonnaz voice* u only see what eyes want to see...
Feminism is just believe in gender equality.. And equal rights as well business-wise, domestic work wise and all d aspects dat come under.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:

it was once a universal belief that the sun orbits around the earth, but we later found it false. the fact that a particular knowledge is a universal belief in your location doesn't make it true.
With that being said, i would answer your question. The belief and aim that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men in political, economic and social disciplines; the struggle to achieve this is known as feminism.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 04, 2012
Shollypopz:
it was once a universal belief that the sun orbits around the earth, but we later found it false. the fact that a particular knowledge is a universal belief in your location doesn't make it true.
With that being said, i would answer your question. The belief and aim that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men in political, economic and social disciplines; the struggle to achieve this is known as feminism.
But y u post to me? *sadface* I dint ask to knw what feminism was.. Shymmmy did.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by cowgurl: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2012
shymmex:
I hear that.
You dig it, but do you exhibit it - or just practice your own pseudo-feminism like most girls do?

I see girls say they're feminist, yet still needy.. A feminist should never be needy because she got her own..

Not been easy being Miss independent but since I value my respect more, it's too small a price to pay.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls So Disrespectful? - Our Mums Were Never Like That by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2012
yinkaGreen:
But y u post to me? *sadface* I dint ask to knw what feminism was.. Shymmmy did.
my bad, I've corrected the blunder

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Midehi Come And Explain This Pic Please!!! / Dilemma: She's Hot as hell, crazy on bed, rich, older but she wants us married.. / She Insists On Reading My Messages!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.