Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,961 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

You Want A Real Man? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Want A Real Man? (10012 Views)

14 Signs He Is A Real Man And Has Control Of His Life. / Ten Features That Shows You Have Find A Real Man / What Qualities Make A 'Real Man'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Want A Real Man? by dokunbam(m): 10:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
190: Most Nigerian girls even offer FAKE PUNNY as well embarassed embarassed
omg fake funny
no Nafdac no abi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Want A Real Man? by mariastella: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

what has that got to do with the subject at hand?! who is even talking of gifts here?! LOL!
btw: if you do not want to be with someone then do whats right and return his gifts. in Nigeria, gifts are down payments for the exclusive use of your body. if your bf gave you gifts then your body, and everything connected/affiliated to it, is his....unless you also gave gifts (which we know you didnt). lol!
MRbrownJAY:

what has that got to do with the subject at hand?! who is even talking of gifts here?! LOL!
btw: if you do not want to be with someone then do whats right and return his gifts. in Nigeria, gifts are down payments for the exclusive use of your body. if your bf gave you gifts then your body, and everything connected/affiliated to it, is his....unless you also gave gifts (which we know you didnt). lol!
NOTED! U can now move on!
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Killz3(m): 10:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

someone truthful, someone REAL, a person that doesnt need accessories/lies to define his being. someone HONEST, someone who has no problem being HIMSELF.

that is MY definition of a real man!
So, a woman who is all of the above and has no problem being herself, but needs accessories, not because she's lying, but because she chooses to, is considered Fake?
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 21, 2012
~Killz~:

So, a woman who is all of the above and has no problem being herself, but needs accessories, not because she's lying, but because she chooses to, is considered Fake?

bro, how can you be truthful when CONSTANTLY wearing accessories that makes you look different? (the important word here is CONSTANTLY).
how can anyone have no problem being themselves, YET, wear wigs and what not, on a daily basis?! i dont understand what you wrote.

if you wear a disguise every day (that conceal your true self) then you cannot be considered REAL....thats a damn contradiction.lol!
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Killz3(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, how can you be truthful when CONSTANTLY wearing accessories that makes you look different? (the important word here is CONSTANTLY).
how can anyone have no problem being themselves, YET, wear wigs and what not, on a daily basis?! i dont understand what you wrote.

if you wear a disguise every day (that conceal your true self) then you cannot be considered REAL....thats a damn contradiction.lol!
Answer my question pls. Then, answer this: Is my true self reflected by my wig?
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: bro, how can you be truthful when CONSTANTLY wearing accessories that makes you look different? (the important word here is CONSTANTLY).

Don't clothes and glasses change one's appearance constantly?
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2012
~Killz~:

Answer my question pls. Then, answer this: Is my true self reflected by my wig?

bro i answered your question loud and clear: a person who wear wigs all the time cannot consider herself REAL/TRUTHFUL/HONEST. a person that has a problem with being THEMSELVES, and therefore hides under all these accessories 24/7, cannot be considered real.

your true self is just a portion of your projected self. if you pretend to have a full set of long silky hair, while in fact you have a gorimapa, then i am safe to say that you are guilty of DECEIT. this aint the real you, this is the person you pretend to portray because you have issues with how you REALLY look. now, there is nothing wrong with that, to each their own, but dont call yourself REAL!
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2012
ogugua88:

Don't clothes and glasses change one's appearance constantly?

yes they do, but that is out of NECESSITY, not insecurity or low self esteem.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Killz3(m): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
MBJ, for the first time, you make no sense. . .

2 Likes

Re: You Want A Real Man? by MrsChima(f): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2012
If the women who wears make up and weave are insecure then what does that make the men that are chasing them?
[size=44pt]Bullshit!!![/size]
Re: You Want A Real Man? by agiboma(f): 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
lol @ op
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
If the women who wears make up and weave are insecure then what does that make the men that are chasing them?

it makes them blinded by the smoke screen looks, maybe?!

@Killz
we are all different and therefore we cannot see eye to eye on every issues....but at least, we can all put our views on the table.
and my views are that: if someone needs to hide under some wig and what not 24/7 then there is something really wrong with that woman and how she sees and feels about her TRUE/REAL SELF.

now remember, i am not saying that it is wrong to wear any of the accessories we mentioned, i am just saying that if there is a need to wear them MORE OFTEN THAN BEING AU NATUREL, then there is a serious issue at hand.

i mean, think about it for a minute.......... some of these women are going BALD because of rocking weaves, and yet, they have no intention of stopping. their hair have never seen the sun and is not in contact with air, what do you expect?!
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: it makes them blinded by the smoke screen looks, maybe?!

@Killz
we are all different and therefore we cannot see eye to eye on every issues....but at least, we can all put our views on the table.
and my views are that: if someone needs to hide under some wig and what not 24/7 then there is something really wrong with that woman and how she sees and feels about her TRUE/REAL SELF.

now remember, i am not saying that it is wrong to wear any of the accessories we mentioned, i am just saying that if there is a need to wear them MORE OFTEN THAN BEING AU NATUREL, then there is a serious issue at hand.

i mean, think about it for a minute.......... some of these women are going BALD because of rocking weaves, and yet, they have no intention of stopping. their hair have never seen the sun and is not in contact with air, what do you expect?!

Do you see the kind of hypertension you're giving yourself? The solution is quite simple isn't it? Don't marry that kind of woman. Don't date her and then complain about her either.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by slimyem: 11:37pm On Apr 21, 2012
~Killz~:
the guy just keeps going round and round in a stu-pid circle!
Why dont ever they leave when they find out the woman is 'fake' so to speak?
Why can't they stick to the 'original' girls?
Why does the 'fake' ones keep calling out to them?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeew
I hate arguing this shyt!
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2012
@Ogugua
does it pain you that what i wrote made sense?! why would i not answer question that people ask me?! thats would be rude. lol!

@Slimyem
if thats how you feel therefore you shouldnt be here then.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Goldieluks: 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: @Ogugua
does it pain you that what i wrote made sense?! why would i not answer question that people ask me?! thats would be rude. lol!

@Slimyem
if thats how you feel therefore you shouldnt be here then.

Take a deep breathe. #breathe in, breathe out# (you can do this for 10 mins)
cheers!
embarassed undecided
Re: You Want A Real Man? by honeric01(m): 11:43pm On Apr 21, 2012
ogugua88:

To know what it feels like. As a male, you live a world of less judgment and less peer pressure. No one cares about your eyebrows, eyelashes, butt, brown fingernails, or much else that's exterior. Men judge women constantly, primarily on their physical appearances before what's inside. If you want to blame anyone for some women constantly searching for a new way to look attractive, blame your brothers. It's easy to point at women and call them weak for succumbing to pressures, but there isn't much you can do when a woman's outer appearance can determine the kind of man she'll attract, the kind of job she'll obtain, and, in some cases, the amount of money she'll make.

According to your logic, any bra is a misrepresentation. Do you know the function of a brassiere? All bras are for support. "Natural" breasts sag. If that's what you want, then tell your woman not to wear any.

I choose not to wear them because, quite frankly, I'm lazy and would feel very uncomfortable with those things on. What I choose to wear and not to wear works for my person. It may not work for the next.

Why aren't you beefing me about my hair? It's my hair, sure, but it's chemically processed. You, and others, seem to like it however.

You are not getting the picture, in the days of no make up, did men complain about women? in the days of your grannies, were there fake wig and all that? didn't men appreciate real beauty then? the problem now is that all the woowooish girls have now used fake stuffs to lure the naturally beautiful ones into copying them. women keep competing with eachother at the detriment of their own true self. i can speak for myself, as long as i see any fake shitz on you, your value AUTOMATICALLY drops, that's me.

THE WOMEN ARE THE ONES PUTTING PRESSURE ON THEMSELVES TRYING TO OUTDO EACHOTHER, NOT THE MEN, PLS BLAME YOUR FELLOW WOMEN FOR MAKING YOU PEOPLE LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR REAL YOU.

I know the function of brasseiere, hence the reason i used the word "padded bra" and not bra, we have different kind of bras and padded is really for making a breast look different from what they are in the real world. NOT ALL NATURAL BREAST SAG except the USED ONES. i have seen firm breast without the need for a bra, not to talk of a padded one.

It's naturally processed (your hair), but at least it's yours and not like you added attachment, wig and all other shitz like that or did you? if you did, then you are no different from the rest.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2012
NL and their funny people, someone is putting their point across on a subject, and here they are trying to shove THEIR beliefs into someone's throat. i am sorry if my words have offended some of you weave wearing, fake accessory wearing ladies out there. my apologies lol!

fortunately, it is only a few men's views and nothing more, so you have nothing to worry about.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by honeric01(m): 11:54pm On Apr 21, 2012
Its really a pity people would rather defend what they know is wrong just because they are guilty of it, rather than look for a better way to start dropping them.

How can someone be spending money on fake things while neglecting the real ones God gave her just because she wants to impress her friends or appear "beautiful" to an unsuspecting man?

Spending 10 hours fixing something on your real hair, keep the fake hair for 2-3 months without air touching your real hair nor comb touching your real hair for 2-3 months? AND YOU COMPLAIN YOUR HAIR CAN'T GROW?
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Booty4me: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2012
~Killz~:
MBJ dont waste ur time with dz dude. He can never agree with you i swear.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by honeric01(m): 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: NL and their funny people, someone is putting their point across on a subject, and here they are trying to shove THEIR beliefs into someone's throat. i am sorry if my words have offended some of you weave wearing, fake accessory wearing ladies out there. my apologies lol!

fortunately, it is only a few men's views and nothing more, so you have nothing to worry about.

You can't change everyone, but you can actually change someone who wants to change. they just don't like the truth and you can see how "hard" they are trying to beat down the message out of guilt. trying to push the blame back to the men.

HOW WOULD SOMEONE SAY BEING NATURAL MAKES YOU LOOK UNKEMPT? 90% of men are natural, does that make us look unkempt?

1 Like

Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 22, 2012
^^^^i wonder!!!! but we all know who they are, and this subject is striking a nerve.

Booty4me: MBJ dont waste ur time with dz dude. He can never agree with you i swear.

sometimes it is good to agree to disagree. they have their views and some people have theirs. fair enough. its when they try to force it unto you (by all means necessary)that it becomes a bit silly.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 22, 2012
This topic is confusing. Are we talking about fake appearance only or personality too? Like a fake woman not wanting a man who also dresses fakly What if a fake woman dates a natural looking man and he is a phoney person?Or what if a natural looking couple both act fake?
So this is about 2 people who roll out of bed wash up and go? It can be confusing to women because men so often say they want natural women but then oogle over ones who wear makeup and dress a certain way. Each person I guess has to draw the line at what they consider fake or not and date these kinds of people. We dont have to judge why they do what they do because its just where theyre at in their life.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by honeric01(m): 12:10am On Apr 22, 2012
^^^^

The topic says "fake hair, eyelashes, nails, e.t.c, yet you want a real man?"

I think it's self explanatory.

1 Like

Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 22, 2012
Not really. What is this real man?
Re: You Want A Real Man? by honeric01(m): 12:23am On Apr 22, 2012
talina: Not really. What is this real man?

Ask 90% of the females who posted on this thread and they will give you the answer you seek.

Betterstill, check their posting record to see how they "scream" real men on most thread for an answer.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:39am On Apr 22, 2012
I was asking you because you started this thread. Theres a big difference between natural and "done up" and a fine line between dressing up tastfully and overdoing it. Preference a matter of opinion.
I understand that you are simply saying if you want real, then be real, but it seems like so much grey area open to opinion and different factors.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 22, 2012
MRbrownJAY: NL and their funny people, someone is putting their point across on a subject, and here they are trying to shove THEIR beliefs into someone's throat. i am sorry if my words have offended some of you weave wearing, fake accessory wearing ladies out there. my apologies lol!

The only one shoving anything is you actually. These "artificial women" are out their minding their own business, and you're judging them based on your values, without knowing why some women do what they do. It's much easier to ignore them and find someone who's beautiful in your eyes. That's one of the wonders of this world. There are 7+ billion inhabitants. The chances of you picking one without artificial hair and nails are pretty good.

I'm not worried. I'm not one of the people OP mentioned. I just don't see why you and honeric are taking panadol for someone else's headache. Whatever floats your boat.

2 Likes

Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 22, 2012
honeric01: You can't change everyone, but you can actually change someone who wants to change. they just don't like the truth and you can see how "hard" they are trying to beat down the message out of guilt. trying to push the blame back to the men.

HOW WOULD SOMEONE SAY BEING NATURAL MAKES YOU LOOK UNKEMPT? 90% of men are natural, does that make us look unkempt?

A lot of men are unkempt and have bad personal habits, especially in Nigeria where there's scorching heat and not enough deodorant to go round. Luckily for you, women tend to care about what's on the inside.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by honeric01(m): 12:55am On Apr 22, 2012
ogugua88:

The only one shoving anything is you actually. These "artificial women" are out their minding their own business, and you're judging them based on your values, without knowing why some women do what they do. It's much easier to ignore them and find someone who's beautiful in your eyes. That's one of the wonders of this world. There are 7+ billion inhabitants. The chances of you picking one without artificial hair and nails are pretty good.

I'm not worried. I'm not one of the people OP mentioned. I just don't see why you and honeric are taking panadol for someone else's headache. Whatever floats your boat.

If a con man is seen conning people all over town and someone tries to bring this act to the notice of the public, does that mean the person is taking panadol for someone else's headache? all these useless liberal live and lets live is actually turning this world upside down. well we can't really help it but then we also can't fold our hands watching when we can actually save a few (started with my girl and i am glad it's not fruitless.)

ogugua88:

A lot of men are unkempt and have bad personal habits, especially in Nigeria where there's scorching heat and not enough deodorant to go round. Luckily for you, women tend to care about what's on the inside.

Alot of men? lol how many do you know that are unkempt? if men are unkempt, then women are 110% unkempt because they actually take care of the fake stuffs they wear most of the time and not the real self. spending hours fixing fake hair on the real hair, hours fixing fake nails on the real nail e.t.c thereby neglecting the real body.. except unkempt in your own dictionary means something else, i really don't know what you are trying to say here.

what is it "inside" that you claim Nigerian women actually take care of?
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 22, 2012
honeric01: You are not getting the picture, in the days of no make up, did men complain about women? in the days of your grannies, were there fake wig and all that? didn't men appreciate real beauty then? the problem now is that all the woowooish girls have now used fake stuffs to lure the naturally beautiful ones into copying them. women keep competing with eachother at the detriment of their own true self. i can speak for myself, as long as i see any fake shitz on you, your value AUTOMATICALLY drops, that's me.

In the days of no makeup, men did not complain about women. However, there was no media, no Nicki Minaj, no Rihanna, and no Gabrielle Union for men to drool over and then hold their women to similar standards.

Women compete with each other because of this little phenomenon called survival of the fittest. Every man wants to have a woman who can produce children. Every woman wants to marry and produce children for a man. "Fake stuffs" are not used "to lure the naturally beautiful ones into copying them". They are used to attract the attention of the XY males. Naturally beautiful women may believe that in order for her to be competitive in the attraction game, she has to alter her looks as well. Of course that is not true, but that is basic biology and psychology. Use peacocks for example. The male peacock has gorgeous blue and green feathers and uses them to attract a female. If another male peacock feels intimidated, he may strut similarly, dance, and try to spread his feathers wider and higher to get the females attention.

honeric01: THE WOMEN ARE THE ONES PUTTING PRESSURE ON THEMSELVES TRYING TO OUTDO EACHOTHER, NOT THE MEN, PLS BLAME YOUR FELLOW WOMEN FOR MAKING YOU PEOPLE LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR REAL YOU.

I blame both. I haven't lost sight of the real me at all. Much to your belief, I know myself better than you know me. Whatever goes on in society happens in society. I am capable of my own decision making and hold myself and myself only to my values.

honeric01: I know the function of brasseiere, hence the reason i used the word "padded bra" and not bra, we have different kind of bras and padded is really for making a breast look different from what they are in the real world. NOT ALL NATURAL BREAST SAG except the USED ONES. i have seen firm breast without the need for a bra, not to talk of a padded one.

All natural breast sag, particularly bigger ones. That's life. How long do you expect them to stay up, especially with gravity playing a part? Ask Google and search pictures of natural breasts if you must. There are websites of women displaying their natural asymmetrical breasts in an attempt to reassert women that what the media portrays is false 9 out of 10 times. Yes, some women may have firm, perky breasts without a bra, but that certainly isn't the case for everyone.

honeric01: It's naturally processed (your hair), but at least it's yours and not like you added attachment, wig and all other shitz like that or did you? if you did, then you are no different from the rest.

Keep in mind that some of those who add attachments and or wig may be stressed, receiving chemotherapy, or are sufferers of other ailments that lead to hair loss, such as alopecia. Like I said, you don't know everyone's pasts. It's best you hold the woman you want to marry to your standards and let the rest settle for whom they deserve and compliment.
Re: You Want A Real Man? by Nobody: 1:02am On Apr 22, 2012
honeric01: If a con man is seen conning people all over town and someone tries to bring this act to the notice of the public, does that mean the person is taking panadol for someone else's headache? all these useless liberal live and lets live is actually turning this world upside down. well we can't really help it but then we also can't fold our hands watching when we can actually save a few (started with my girl and i am glad it's not fruitless.)

Alot of men? lol how many do you know that are unkempt? if men are unkempt, then women are 110% unkempt because they actually take care of the fake stuffs they wear most of the time and not the real self. spending hours fixing fake hair on the real hair, hours fixing fake nails on the real nail e.t.c thereby neglecting the real body.. except unkempt in your own dictionary means something else, i really don't know what you are trying to say here.

what is it "inside" that you claim Nigerian women actually take care of?

Is it news to you that women wear makeup? You haven't seen pictures of ancient queens, Native American women, or native African women with makeup or anything of that nature? I don't see it as conning at all. That's a very bad comparison in my opinion. I guess at weddings, the bride is conning too? Smh.

E be like say you never enter molue or bus. A lot of Nigerian men SMELL. Not smell. SMELL. Women too. Everyone is always sweating. That's the truth, and factual. Even at parties, men are sweating and smelling. I'm not trying to be mean, but there is a serious hygiene problem.

There are women who have healthy hair under weaves and wigs. There are women who have healthy skin under makeup. There are women who have normal breasts under padded bras. Have you checked every woman?

I said women care about what's on the inside, as in a man's character or personality.

Anyway, I'm done. Not going to beat around the bush here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Girl Is Denying Me Sex Wat Should I Do / Whenever I See This Picture, I Get Angry [Picture] / Yahoo Saved Me From Depression. My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.