Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano (22313 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Three Bombs Uncovered At Bayero University , Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by NwaNimo1(m): 9:13am On Apr 29, 2012
Heard it on the news . . . .
At least six people have been killed in a gun and bomb attack at a university in Nigeria's northern city of Kano, witnesses and police said.

A bomb squad and military units are searching for the gunmen who mounted the attack at Bayero University.

Reports suggest the violence may have targeted Christian students who were holding a religious service in one of the lecture theatres.

An army spokesman said several wounded people had been taken to hospital.

"The attack took place in one of the lecture theatres used as a place of worship by Christians," said Lt Iweha Ikedichi.

"There were casualties, but I don't have exact figures. Some have been rushed to local hospitals."

He said soldiers and police had surrounded the university and were searching for the gunmen.

Mohammed Suleiman, a history lecturer at the university, said security guards had to run for their lives when the violence broke out.

"For over 30 minutes a series of bomb explosions and gun shots took over the old campus, around the academic blocks," he told Reuters news agency.

A BBC Hausa service reporter had seen six bodies at the university, and local police said the death toll could be higher.

No group has said it launched the attack, but the Islamist militant Boko Haram group is active in Kano.

Boko Haram carried out a bombing in Kano in January that killed about 150 people, its deadliest attack to date.

Nigeria's central government has struggled to contain the militant group, which operates mainly in the predominantly Muslim north, but has also struck as far south as the capital, Abuja.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17886143
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Akshow: 9:25am On Apr 29, 2012
Its true o. Its true Lord av mercy
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by NwaNimo1(m): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2012
Sometimes I wonder for these oyibo people - always seem to know the news before GEJ or any Nigerian Govt official.

Hope GEJ watches 'Sky News' to know whats going on in his so called country.

In a few hours i'm sure he will emerge and state that 'he's on top of things' and the security forces have killed a few suspected (innocent) Boko Haramists.

3 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by nuclearboy(m): 9:50am On Apr 29, 2012
cry

I wonder what June will bring and when they will start moving southwards
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Funkymallam(m): 10:13am On Apr 29, 2012
This is true oooo
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by jmaine: 10:22am On Apr 29, 2012
Na wao angry
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by blabber15(f): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2012
What's going on in naija now?
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 29, 2012
Na wa oooooo!!!

This country no dey tire for bad and sadistic news? How could a country with so much potentials be turned into the land of the dead, and hopelessness??

The missing link in that shytehole is leadership, and a change in the mentality of the gorillas and baboons living in that part of the world... When are you losers going to rise up, and take a stand?? I have been hearing about the 'potentials' of the humanoids called Nigerians since I was born - but why can't you guys harness these 'potentials', and make something happen?? How can 120million people be so cowardly, uncivilised, fearful, unmotivated, slow, and sheeple - by a miniscule few - who are not up to a million??

Where are your hearts, Nigerians?? Ooooops, I forgot you lot sold that for crumbs...

Where are your balls, Nigerian men?? Oooops, I forgot most Nigerian men are on the 'downlow' with no balls - skinny jeans, and mohican hairstyle wearing faggits smh... And keep doing yanga and shakara - speaking your fake phonetic, with freaking pathetic and annoying britamericojapanesejamoafrican accents - whilst they keep eating your food, and bombing your habitats to abyss..

Can someone please attach the ignore button to that damn space called: Nigeria - so, I don't hear shyte about it again

Potentials!! Potentials!!!! Potentials!!!! I'm tired of this euphemism...

Nigeria is blessed!! Nigeria is blessed!!!! Nigeria is blessed!!!! I'm tired of this allegory........

God is a Nigerian!! God is a Nigerian!!! God is a Nigerian!!! God told me he disowned you fools long time ago - and gave you pulpit pimps, and Islamists..

When there is life, there is hope!! When there is life, there is hope!!! When there is life, there is hope!!!!! Shyte, life told me he left that space time ago, and what you have got left are lifeless bodies - with no soul... So, why are you guys afraid to rock the boat, and make a change

For phuck sake, get your useless country off my TV - and move that space to planet X....

Enough rants for the day! embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2012
jmaine: Na wao angry

where are those your silly avatars? still funny?
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Osama10(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2012
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by jmaine: 11:06am On Apr 29, 2012
diluminati:

where are those your silly avatars? still funny?

You want make i mess you up . . . . you better take your sorry arsss elsewhere . . . .this is no time to entertain pigs . . . .
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by mkmyers45(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2012
Ow Shyte angry
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by otokx(m): 11:11am On Apr 29, 2012
You do not quench fire with prayer but by deploying a functional fire team complete with all the modern gadgets and motivated to work.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 29, 2012
shymmex: Na wa oooooo!!!

This country no dey tire for bad and sadistic news? How could a country with so much potentials be turned into the land of the dead, and hopelessness??

The missing link in that shytehole is leadership, and a change in the mentality of the gorillas and baboons living in that part of the world... When are you losers going to rise up, and take a stand?? I have been hearing about the 'potentials' of the humanoids called Nigerians since I was born - but why can't you guys harness these 'potentials', and make something happen?? How can 120million people be so cowardly, uncivilised, fearful, unmotivated, slow, and sheeple - by a miniscule few - who are not up to a million??

Where are your hearts, Nigerians?? Ooooops, I forgot you lot sold that for crumbs...

Where are your balls, Nigerian men?? Oooops, I forgot most Nigerian men are on the 'downlow' with no balls - skinny jeans, and mohican hairstyle wearing faggits smh... And keep doing yanga and shakara - speaking your fake phonetic, with freaking pathetic and annoying britamericojapanesejamoafrican accents - whilst they keep eating your food, and bombing your habitats to abyss..

Can someone please attach the ignore button to that damn space called: Nigeria - so, I don't hear shyte about it again

Nigeria is blessed!! Nigeria is blessed!!!! Nigeria is blessed!!!! I'm tired of this allegory........

God is a Nigerian!! God is a Nigerian!!! God is a Nigerian!!! God told me he disowned you fools long time ago - and gave you pulpit pimps, and Islamists..

When there is life, there is hope!! When there is life, there is hope!!! When there is life, there is hope!!!!! Shyte, life told me he left that space time ago, and what you have got left are lifeless bodies - with no soul... So, why are you guys afraid to rock the boat, and make a change

For phuck sake, get your useless country off my TV - and move that space to planet X....

Will you drop the self righteous rant?
What have you ever contributed, in your own little way, to your immediate community?

9 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2012
OOH Jegbe jegbe naija is now a Bomb zone we have Ba.stards as our leader angry
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by lacasa: 11:19am On Apr 29, 2012
PDP well done again oooOooOoo.

†ђξ only thing 4d Northerners to do Ȋ̝̊̅§ to remove PDP ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ their states by Force If necessary be Į̸̸̨ƭ 2015 as was done ȋ̝̊̅̄Ω̴̩̩̩̥ Nassarawa state.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Alexcee(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2012
I no wan make dey use me join for dat bomb...am worshipin online

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Kachi01: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2012
Islam is peace! Still looking for the peace in islam....where will i find it, because it is probably not in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2012
shymmex: Na wa oooooo!!!

Do not insult my people. I'm the modern-day ArQueBusieR. In omnia paratus. cool
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by ikee(m): 11:30am On Apr 29, 2012
At least six people have been killed in a gun and bomb attack at a university in Nigeria's northern city of Kano, witnesses and police said.

A bomb squad and military units are searching for the gunmen who mounted the attack at Bayero University.

Reports suggest the violence may have targeted Christian students who were holding a religious service in one of the lecture theatres.

An army spokesman said several wounded people had been taken to hospital.

Lt Iweha Ikedichi told the Associated Press news agency: "There were casualties, but I don't have exact figures. Some have been rushed to local hospitals."

He said soldiers and police had surrounded the university and were searching for the gunmen.

The AFP news agency said its reporter had counted six bodies at the university, and local police said the death toll could be higher.

No group has said it launched the attack, but the Islamist militant Boko Haram group is active in Kano.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by indoorlove(m): 11:32am On Apr 29, 2012
Nt again!!!
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by binhozie(m): 11:34am On Apr 29, 2012
Saw it on Sky News Breaking. . .
The marquee says six killed in church bombing in BUK

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by Nahumaira(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2012
This bomb blast at B.U.K must to be set up.they just want to jeopadize the existing the peace & unity between muslims & christians.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by roy4real(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2012
Senior Prophet T.B Joshua prophesied it this morning during the first service and asked the congregation to rise and pray against it before it happened.
Lord have mercy and safe this country in JESUS name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by luvmijeje(f): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2012
Do we have a President?This is insanity.Silent tears 4 feeling hopeless.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by salibee: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2012
Do we really have a president in Nigeria

I think is now that the revolt has to start u don't have to wait until boko haram visit u

Let fight this BH
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by rejoke(f): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2012
SAVE THY PEOPLE OH!! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY FOR THEY HAVE NO MIGHT AGAINST THEIR FOE.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by ochukoccna: 11:42am On Apr 29, 2012
Seems Boko has changed tactics
1st it was THISDAY and SUN
Now it's schools
That's the 2nd school in under 1 week
Datti Ahmed said the country will be ungovernable
Atiefku said violent change was inevitable
Hmnn! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by nbltech(m): 11:44am On Apr 29, 2012
I cant wait to welcome Biafran Republic by 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by ignis: 11:44am On Apr 29, 2012
roy4real: Senior Prophet T.B Joshua prophesied it this morning during the first service and asked the congregation to rise and pray against it before it happened.
Lord have mercy and safe this country in JESUS name, Amen.
He would contacted and notified the students holding service in the theatre before the bomb attack.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by ignis: 11:46am On Apr 29, 2012
nbl tech: I cant wait to welcome Biafran Republic by 2015.
That's exactly what am thinking, but it won't be cute. Most of us have millions of naira worth of investment over there in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) / Edo Governorship: Benin-Lagos Expressway Deserted (Photos) / 7 Governors That Have Endorsed Buhari For A 2nd Term Are A Bunch Of Losers - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.