Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,408 members, 7,836,640 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano (22335 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / Bomb Blast At Kano Motorpark Leaves Many Dead (Graphic Photos) / Three Bombs Uncovered At Bayero University , Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by supremebeing09: 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2012
Humphreydis: It seems sm F.O.OLS on NL just reason wit thr yash instead of thr brains....sm cnt even tk control of thr family issues nt to talk of a big one.Y do dey always put d blame on GEJ each time thr is any bombing,can any human being tk control of evry activities of each individual in naija @ dsame time?....I think u guys shud be left 2 put ur stinky A.ss on dat seat for just 30mins nd knw wat it feels like...GEJ is a human being 4 christ's sake!...hw many yrs did it tk d almighty America to bring down Osama bin laden huh? Is bin laden's terrorist netwrk nt still existing...even in america?....u guys r so irritatin,goossh!

Lol! If it took America 10 years to find Osama, my dear friend, you would have to multiply that number by 3 (30 years) when you speak of terrorism in Nigeria. You cannot compare the America-Osama saga to the issue we face in Nigeria at the moment. If we had enough technological competence to tackle boko haram, I would assume that it wouldn't take up to 30 years to clean up boko haram's acts. Do we have drones? Undetectable missiles? Highly-trained Navy SEALs? Top notch intelligence? WE'RE FIGHTING BOKO HARAM WITH NOTHING. ACTUALLY, WE'RE FIGHTING BOKO HARAM WITH POLICEMEN WHO EARN PEANUTS FOR A LIVING. THE SOLDIERS' EFFECTIVENESS IS ANOTHER STORY. THE LEVEL OF INFILTRATION IN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS ANOTHER STORY.

Ol' boy, face facts!
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by supremebeing09: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2012
zun nurain: SAVE THY PEOPLE OH!! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY FOR THEY HAVE NO MIGHT AGAINST THEIR FOE.bokoharam in politics why now

Bruv, put religion aside and reason in a politically logic manner.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by austizz(m): 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2012
valacious: This thing is against Gej and christians. But d annoying thing is that the president is scared of these folks. But one thing he doesnt know is that whether he fights or he doesnt fight, the heat is coming so close to him very soon. The choice is his, but if i were him i'd grow balls and fight these northern goons, i might lose out, but i could also be lucky to win. Rip to the new dead.
my brother u can't blame Gej on this issue, what I what u and every body on this forum to understand is that, Boka haram are the northern muslims. All the northern muslims either in government, civil sevice, public service, the almajiris on the street, are one way or the other in support either directly or indirectly support for Boko haram.
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by supremebeing09: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
supremebeing09:

Lol! If it took America 10 years to find Osama, my dear friend, you would have to multiply that number by 3 (30 years) when you speak of terrorism in Nigeria. You cannot compare the America-Osama saga to the issue we face in Nigeria at the moment. If we had enough technological competence to tackle boko haram, I would assume that it wouldn't take up to 30 years to clean up boko haram's acts. Do we have drones? Undetectable missiles? Highly-trained Navy SEALs? Top notch intelligence? WE'RE FIGHTING BOKO HARAM WITH NOTHING. ACTUALLY, WE'RE FIGHTING BOKO HARAM WITH POLICEMEN WHO EARN PEANUTS FOR A LIVING. THE SOLDIERS' EFFECTIVENESS IS ANOTHER STORY. THE LEVEL OF INFILTRATION IN THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT IS ANOTHER STORY.

Ol' boy, face facts!

Also, let's not forget other military activities America is involved or has been involved in globally - Afghan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Israel, Egypt. You could say there are still fighting Al-Qaeda but they have other agendas on the world stage too. The Nigerian cannot fight Boko Haram let alone "find" whoever is in charge of the sect. I think the way things are going, it will take more than the 30 years previously mentioned.

Oh, let's not also forget the effect of Boko Haram and lack of governance on FDI - Foreign Direct Investment. Other African countries are reaping the rewards of their resources in this day and age (never mind the past). Globalisation is at its peak. International trade would highly benefit developing countries, especially Nigeria. But those foreigners continue to shy away from us thanks to Boko Haram. There's nothing as precious as security. There is risk but security is ultimate. Yes, you have to take risks and so on but why run into irrelevant risk when you won't benefit much even if you banked on security? That's twice as bad if you still banked on risk alone. No security, no risk. An element risk is worth nothing without an atom of security.

The president and his counsel (with all the red tape and bureaucracy still hindering developments)- a handful, perhaps? - should gather intelligence and also invest in tightening security in Nigeria. Also, we need to upgrade our human resources - adequate training should be given to those involved. We need infrastructure, a means of defence (mind you, boko haram can't seem to stop getting hold of the best ammunition and explosives) to topple any threats perceived whatsoever. Instead, we are still driving dirty Hilux trucks from A to B!

We actually need to understand the motives of boko haram - the actual motives, not hearsay. Therefore, a dialogue is needed. But with the meddling of politics and personal gains, we are far from reaching a conclusion as to the means to communicate with BH. We're singing with different tunes to the same song!

We do need to tackle the issue head-on. There is a need for a nationwide consultation with the citizens of Nigeria while the secret intelligence continue to gather information and strategies capable of counter-acting BH. If national dialogue is needed, I say we have one. It's ridiculous that we've become very separated from government functions we only have a handful of individuals making every decision. Gone are the days of democracy (if we ever had one) or the military era where the presidents endeavoured to pay every state a visit and actually engage with the citizens of the nation. Unfortunately, as the population continues to grow and the economy falters, we have only resorted to paperwork and lip service. Some of the policies in place are not easily understood by the citizens of the nation. It's just a formality.

I could go on and on but it does become tiring at some point lamenting on the state of the country.

I need a cold drink!
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by jaybee(f): 5:24pm On Apr 30, 2012
Danka7777:

You are right. They seem to know and get the news even before my people in Nigeria. This baffles me. The other day, Bombs went off in Afganistan and Iraq killing scores, guess what? None of the Major mainstream media carried the news, even if they did, it was only a leaflet on the bottom of the screen. However, that same day there was a bombing in Nigeria, my my my, all of the news jumped on it, even yahoo, like they already knew it would happen, like the news had been prepared before hand to run as soon as the blast went off. My people, this is a propaganda war, for them go to the UN, and make the contention that Muslims are killing Christians, and will need to send UN peacekeeping troops to go there and protect Christians! Nigerians, you guys don't know how the global government, blood suckers of Africans and colored people work. They are behind all these to destabilize Nigeria!

Danka7777 you are a big fool! member of boko haram. just like thousands of your members, you will die by the gun/bomb in your hands.

explain "propaganda war". who is waring against who?

what do you mean by 'make the contention that Muslims are killing Christians'? are you contending that Muslims are not killing Christians?

who ever told you that Christians depend on UN Peace keepers for protection?

when the war you are courting war breaks out between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria then we shall see who needs UN Peace keepers protection.

nonsense fool!
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by DAY12(m): 5:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
jaybee:

Danka7777 you are a big fool! member of boko haram. just like thousands of your members, you will die by the gun/bomb in your hands.

explain "propaganda war". who is waring against who?

what do you mean by 'make the contention that Muslims are killing Christians'? are you contending that Muslims are not killing Christians?

who ever told you that Christians depend on UN Peace keepers for protection?

when the war you are courting war breaks out between Christians and Muslims in Nigeria then we shall see who needs UN Peace keepers protection.

nonsense fool!

Thank good I be Christmus angry
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by supremebeing09: 6:10pm On Apr 30, 2012
http://www.wessociety.com/News/WES%20News/Topic%20of%20the%20Week/Insecurity%20and%20Investment.aspx
Re: Bomb Blast At Bayero University In Kano by kay1one(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2012
Humphreydis: It seems sm F.O.OLS on NL just reason wit thr yash instead of thr brains....sm cnt even tk control of thr family issues nt to talk of a big one.Y do dey always put d blame on GEJ each time thr is any bombing,can any human being tk control of evry activities of each individual in naija @ dsame time?....I think u guys shud be left 2 put ur stinky A.ss on dat seat for just 30mins nd knw wat it feels like...GEJ is a human being 4 christ's sake!...hw many yrs did it tk d almighty America to bring down Osama bin laden huh? Is bin laden's terrorist netwrk nt still existing...even in america?....u guys r so irritatin,goossh!
U R JUST A BIG FOOL!!! Go The Almighty America Live Na!!! Make Them Even Give U Visa Sef!!!... Mchewww!!!... If U No Get Point No Dey Talk Abeg! ANIMAL!!!...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free School Buses For Children In Rivers State (Photos) / Kingsley Otuaro Preaches At Warri Prison As Inmates Repent / 2023 Elections: Why APC And PDP Aspirants Must Bring A Consensus And Face Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.