Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist @ A Church Wedding! (7277 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
What alternative stories? I do not believe in myths.. So you agree that the 'stories' in your SCRIPTure do not/can never stand the test of reason? Man in a whale's belle, man walking on water, hand writing on a wall during a feast?

but you believe in evolution no? Or are you one of the cowards who takes the "i dont believe anything" route?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

but you believe in evolution no? Or are you one of the cowards who takes the "i dont believe anything" route?
How does 'I don't believe in myths' make one a coward? One who believes a 'monster' lives in his cupboard at night and thus sleeps restlessly, or one who isn't bothered at all, whom would you call a coward?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
How does 'I don't believe in myths' make one a coward? One who believes a 'monster' lives in his cupboard at night and thus sleeps restlessly, or one who isn't bothered at all, whom would you call a coward?

I asked you this question numerous times... what do YOU stand for? what is your own belief with regard to the origin of man and within reason?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 03, 2012
Creation: I believe my dad made my mom pregnant, and thanks to Doctors, I was delivered.. so many players.... what's my business with how my great great great great grand fathers were created? How would that knowledge impact my life?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto: Creation: I believe my dad made my mom pregnant, and thanks to Doctors, I was delivered.. so many players.... what's my business with how my great great great great grand fathers were created? How would that knowledge impact my life?

Fair enough. you're just another ignorant troll who only exists to attack the beliefs of others. When you have viable alternatives to the creation story then let us know.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 03, 2012
Origin of man: chicken before egg dilemma... no one knows for sure.. the atheists and the Christians, different faces of the God coin..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by mrmayor(m): 7:22pm On May 03, 2012
mrmayor:
@davidlan, You maybe right by calling atheist cowards in real life but same can be said of believers who are turning away from the faith of the families they are born into.Back in the day when the 700 Club use to be a staple in my house, I watch many stories of Muslims who committed Apostasy, turning away from the Islamic faith practised by the family they were born into and converting to Christianity but could not express their new faith till in most cases they left the Islamic communities they lived to the Western world where there is Freedom of Religion.

I have a few questions for you,

1. Assuming that you would only marry someone of the same faith & doctrine with you, what you do if during the course of the marriage your wife departs from the faith to lets say Buddhism,Atheism or worst still become a member of Christ Embassy; would you still remain in that marriage?

2. How would you react or treat a family member, you son or daughter who suddenly disowns your Christian faith for Atheism?

3. Are you sure you would be so bold to die for your faith by preaching Jesus in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia or Maiduguri?

I asked these questions not to score points but to show that many families have been turned upside down just because one member usually a child decides to change Doctrine and Church.

Seun, where is the bloody preview button?

[size=13pt]davidlan, kindly answer questions in bold, was asked on page 2. Thanks[/size]
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto: Origin of man: chicken before egg dilemma... no one knows for sure.. the atheists and the Christians, different faces of the God coin..

Ah no one knows for sure. Good point. If you dont know then how are you so sure that the creation story is bogus? Afterall you have no viable alternative no?

1 Like

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Fair enough. you're just another ignorant troll who only exists to attack the beliefs of others. When you have viable alternatives to the creation story then let us know.
Lol, see who's calling who a troll. Have I attacked any of your beliefs? You said you believe all things within reason, and I pointed to you the fact that most of what you believe in won't stand the test of reason, logic or any scientific method. Everything you do not understand, you leave to faith.. or maybe God doesn't want you to know..
You wonder why your God was angry with men for eating from the tree of knowledge (GARDEN OF EDEN)? Cos knowledge brings about freedom, people begin to question, and God begins to lose that which once made him look awesome..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 7:26pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

Ah no one knows for sure. Good point. If you dont know then how are you so sure that the creation story is bogus? Afterall you have no viable alternative no?

Creationism is bogus because

1) Man did not just appear, we evolved

2) Man was not created 6,000 years ago. Many fossils are older than that.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

Creationism is bogus because

1) Man did not just appear, we evolved

2) Man was not created 6,000 years ago. Many fossils are older than that.

1. Before we started "evolving" something must have appeared first right? Explain

2. Even the book of genesis supports the idea that the earth is more than 6000 yrs old

Next?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

I do not claim the creation story is bogus; i just believe it doesn't stand the test of reason. Of course, human knowledge is limited. So I can't claim to know everything. That doesn't mean I accept any story either.
I'm not comfortable nor satisifed with the answers stories of man's origin, be it scientific or religious, provide. I just live my life a day at time, hoping to die living behind a better world..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol, see who's calling who a troll. Have I attacked any of your beliefs? You said you believe all things within reason, and I pointed to you the fact that most of what you believe in won't stand the test of reason, logic or any scientific method. Everything you do not understand, you leave to faith.. or maybe God doesn't want you to know..
You wonder why your God was angry with men for eating from the tree of knowledge (GARDEN OF EDEN)? Cos knowledge brings about freedom, people begin to question, and God begins to lose that which once made him look awesome..

and why is that a problem? I havent asked you to share that belief have i?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

and why is that a problem? I havent asked you to share that belief have i?

Lol, of course you didnt ask me to share the belief.. I usually ignore trolls like you, but your post below
davidylan:

... within reason.

Actually your quote applies to you as well. Thou believest all the foolish things atheists with an agenda sell to you. They told you that you appeared by chance, a statistical impossibility, and you believe them? grin
was the reason for that post... so please stroll to a different thread instead of trolling....
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 7:39pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

1. Before we started "evolving" something must have appeared first right? Explain

2. Even the book of genesis supports the idea that the earth is more than 6000 yrs old

Next?

Epic fail

1) Your bible claims that man was created in our present form which is a lie. If you are going with an agnostic creator, there is no evidence for him

2) Adam to moses = 2000 year. moses to present day = about 4000 years.

Davidylan, you've been pwned
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

Epic fail

1) Your bible claims that man was created in our present form which is a lie. If you are going with an agnostic creator, there is no evidence for him

2) Adam to moses = 2000 year. moses to present day = about 4000 years.

Davidylan, you've been pwned

another idiotic nuisance.

1. I asked a clear question (and i'm sure you can read) - Before we started "evolving" something must have appeared first right? Explain. why have you ignored that?

2. You shld ask me to explain to you why genesis is clear that the earth itself is way more than 6000 yrs old.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:49pm On May 03, 2012
Unbelievable spectacle when Religion Vs. Atheism clash grin after that many posts you realize that either are as dangerous for mankind grin grin grin The problem is not what you choose to believe in but how you live your life and contribute to project earth. OMFG! grin

1 Like

Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 7:50pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

another idiotic nuisance.

1. I asked a clear question (and i'm sure you can read) - Before we started "evolving" something must have appeared first right? Explain. why have you ignored that?

2. You shld ask me to explain to you why genesis is clear that the earth itself is way more than 6000 yrs old.

1) I answered the question;

a) If you are asking before evolving, then you are accepting the agnostic creator because the biblical creator falsely claims to have created man
b) there is no proof of what came before matter and no proof of your agnostic creator. There has never been proof of a creator.

2) Genesis talks about Adam. End of story
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 03, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Unbelievable spectacle when Religion Vs. Atheism clash grin after that many posts you realize that either are as dangerous for mankind grin grin grin The problem is not what you choose to believe in but how you live your life and contribute to project earth. OMFG! grin
Thank you very much..
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

1) I answered the question;

a) If you are asking before evolving, then you are accepting the agnostic creator because the biblical creator falsely claims to have created man
b) there is no proof of what came before matter and no proof of your agnostic creator. There has never been proof of a creator.

and the answer is where? undecided

logicboy:
2) Genesis talks about Adam. End of story

Epic fail.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:00pm On May 03, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: Unbelievable spectacle when Religion Vs. Atheism clash grin after that many posts you realize that either are as dangerous for mankind grin grin grin The problem is not what you choose to believe in but how you live your life and contribute to project earth. OMFG! grin

You are very f00lish to state that atheism and religion are as dangerous as the other.

You say the problem is not what you choose to believe. How about we all choose to believe that your death will give me 72 virgins? You like that?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:01pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Thank you very much..

Hypocrite, as if you dont get into heated arguments with both atheists and religious people. The fact that you argue with both sides shows that you're even more of a hypocrite.
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:01pm On May 03, 2012
davidylan:

and the answer is where? undecided

Epic fail.

lol.. grin grin grin grin grin

Keep blocking your eyes to the answer!! lipsrsealed
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

Hypocrite, as if you dont get into heated arguments with both atheists and religious people. The fact that you argue with both sides shows that you're even more of a hypocrite.
Maybe you can post any link that shows 'heated argument'... please.. looking for friends now, aren't you?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:36pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
Maybe you can post any link that shows 'heated argument'... please.. looking for friends now, aren't you?

Have you forgotten the one you had with me?

https://www.nairaland.com/913787/5-things-that-turn-christians/4
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 03, 2012
Lol, heated argument indeed.. you claimed Israel was in Europe... anyways, no need to derail the thread.. come up with something better.. I mind my business as much as possible, not going round threads trying to force people to drop their beliefs or unbeliefs... The only poster up here whom can accuse me of heated arguments would be JoAgbaje cos he's a crook.. cheesy
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 8:53pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto: Lol, heated argument indeed.. you claimed Israel was in Europe... anyways, no need to derail the thread.. come up with something better.. I mind my business as much as possible, not going round threads trying to force people to drop their beliefs or unbeliefs... The only poster up here whom can accuse me of heated arguments would be JoAgbaje cos he's a crook.. cheesy

We went back and forth on almost 2 pages.

Anywaays, you dont mind your business. Dont try to act like a mature debater here. You conveniently hide in the middle and then gang up against the side that is less favourable to you.

The fact that you mentioned that you had heated arguments with Joagbaje is self defeating, dont you think?
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 03, 2012
Sorry, I won't supply your drugs tonight, find some other board to troll.. bye bye
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:58pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:
[/b]

You are very f00lish to state that atheism and religion are as dangerous as the other.

You say the problem is not what you choose to believe. How about we all choose to believe that your death will give me 72 virgins? You like that?

A very good example right there - how has your belief contributed to your speech and reasoning presented here? you have not contributed to this discussion in a positive way who cares WTF anyone believes when the result is evident in your behavior with your fellow-man? I thought Atheism was meant to expose intellect thus improve your way of life - you still have a looooooong way to go wink
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:04pm On May 03, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

A very good example right there - how has your belief contributed to your speech and reasoning presented here? you have not contributed to this discussion in a positive way who cares WTF anyone believes when the result is evident in your behavior with your fellow-man? I thought Atheism was meant to expose intellect thus improve your way of life - you still have a looooooong way to go wink

??

You made 2 wrong statements which I corrected and yet, you hypocritically chastise me for reasoning?

Atheism is not meant to improve your life. Atheism is simply a disbelief in an god
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by logicboy: 9:05pm On May 03, 2012
musKeeto: Sorry, I won't supply your drugs tonight, find some other board to troll.. bye bye

Truth too much for you? wink
Re: Atheist @ A Church Wedding! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:20pm On May 03, 2012
logicboy:

??

You made 2 wrong statements which I corrected and yet, you hypocritically chastise me for reasoning?

Atheism is not meant to improve your life. Atheism is simply a disbelief in an god

Is that where your logic ends - No probs, i choose to keep an open mind.. Atheism helps you keep an open mind thus allowing your to grasp without bias. it has improved my life a whole lot grin Having the moral courage to live life without the tether of some infantile divine entity is an exercise in Honesty and Truth (even when you don't have all the information at hand). You have not grasped what Atheism is even if you can define it as you just did. which is why your posts are always tainted with emotional outburst that look very much like the Religion(ists) you criticize so strongly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In What Does Seun Believe? / Photos: Pastor Ayas Of Ghana Surrenders To Olumba Olumba Obu / The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.