Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence (56468 Views)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Pictures Of Lagos Before Independence / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by not2long(m): 12:33am On May 05, 2012
pictures of the university of ife

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by not2long(m): 12:33am On May 05, 2012
spider building

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 12:33am On May 05, 2012
Alibaba, plz calm down.

You're not making sense.

DaLover: These hypocrites keep coming to tell us they are better than the rest of us....i wonder why someone like me living in warri would start claiming Lagos, doesn't it make more sence to claim Abuja, london or newyork?
If people are saying they have invested so much in a place, and as a result need to have a say in the running of the place, thats another thing,
But if the indigenous people do not accept you, u pack ur bags and leave, Any body that feels that any particular place is the beginning and end of life needs to wake up....

How lagos became developed was from the national purse, just like Abuja today....it wasnt because yorubas are smarter than others...period. Sorry i dont want ur lagos, or even Abuja....i am quite in waffi city and pitaqua...the truth just has to be told......

The whole underlaying scheme of this thread is to subject the subconscious mind of some weaklings that the yorubas are a better race, and i am always on stand by to shoot down that philosophy.

Claims of being the most tolerant, the most intelligent, the most sophisticated bla bla bla......but yet clinging on to resources of the minorities like sickened vultures.

Please feel free to do what ever u want with Lagos, it is a yoruba state, but dont come here to tell me that yorubas developed the place solely or that oil did not or does not play a role in the building of Lagos. Hypocratic leech!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by DaLover(m): 12:34am On May 05, 2012
These hypocrites keep coming to tell us they are better than the rest of us....i wonder why someone like me living in warri would start claiming Lagos, doesn't it make more sence to claim Abuja, london or newyork?
If people are saying they have invested so much in a place, and as a result need to have a say in the running of the place, thats another thing,
But if the indigenous people do not accept you, u pack ur bags and leave, Any body that feels that any particular place is the beginning and end of life needs to wake up....

How lagos became developed was from the national purse, just like Abuja today....it wasnt because yorubas are smarter than others...period. Sorry i dont want ur lagos, or even Abuja....i am quite in waffi city and pitaqua...the truth just has to be told......

The whole underlaying scheme of this thread is to subject the subconscious mind of some weaklings that the yorubas are a better race, and i am always on stand by to shoot down that philosophy.

Claims of being the most tolerant, the most intelligent, the most sophisticated bla bla bla......but yet clinging on to resources of the minorities like sickened vultures.

Please feel free to do what ever u want with Lagos, it is a yoruba state, but dont come here to tell me that yorubas developed the place solely or that oil did not or does not play a role in the building of Lagos. Hypocratic leech!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by chucky234(m): 12:34am On May 05, 2012
Ejiné: Anyway, as for the topic. . .

I still think 21st century Lagos is a lot better than what you're posting. Really.
You guys so do not realize how good you have it right now.
You were still a baby and never experience what made Lagos thw city of choice in the 80s,your 21st century Lagos is no where near the true EKO of the 70s or 80s.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by DaLover(m): 12:36am On May 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Alibaba, plz calm down.

You're not making sense.

My apologises, it was actually meant for a more intelligent audience
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by not2long(m): 12:36am On May 05, 2012
great ife

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 12:37am On May 05, 2012
Katsumoto:

Lagos means fc.uk all to you, yet you have been commenting on this thread rather passionately for the past 9 hours.

Yes we believe you, you are minted. shocked

grin Now I know you're not too bright afterall.
Please, read my very first arguments on this thread, analyze and digest and them properly, and come back to reply, instead of giving me this childish knee-jerk "right back atcha!" kinda post.

And yes, it means fuckall to us, as far my family's success is concerned, as Lagos did not make us who we are, contrary to what many ne'er-do-wells in here initially thought.

And need I remind you this is an internet forum? And what drives forums? That's right - opinions. So, whether you like it or not, I'm going to keep posting my opinions on why Lagos is better off today than it was in 1910, but trust me, that does not mean we rely on it for anything in our lives.
Surely, if you had any trace of intelligence in you, you would have been able to comprehend that before replying in the first place.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by not2long(m): 12:38am On May 05, 2012
Africa's most beautiful campus

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by chucky234(m): 12:39am On May 05, 2012
BUSH MAN: for those of you who say, them days were better, are you saying that its was better when the british was ruling nigeria?
You are truly a bushman,those pictures were taking in the 70s and 80s when the British were long gone.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 12:45am On May 05, 2012
DaLover:
My apologises, it was actually meant for a more intelligent audience

Then post something intelligent.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 12:45am On May 05, 2012
Garbage.

DaLover: These hypocrites keep coming to tell us they are better than the rest of us....i wonder why someone like me living in warri would start claiming Lagos, doesn't it make more sence to claim Abuja, london or newyork?

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 12:50am On May 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Odenigbo Aroli = Nri priest.

Who is claiming lagos ? Igbos never claimed lagos for a day but you can't overlook their staggering investments and contributions into the place right from time before LOUIS OJUKWU became the wealthiest man then. The east were trading palm oil,west coccoa,north groundnut,midwest rubber and these groups all paid taxes that was used by the british to develop their area of residence which was lagos the capital ! So, tell me exactly what you are trying to achieve with this your obviously biased post.

Nri priest, I am not one of those that would tell you that Igbos did not do this, Yoruba did that. As well know me for

Again building houses is not investment in a state. Lets get our facts right. I would drop the issue with you so as not to make it sound tribalistic.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 12:53am On May 05, 2012
Ejiné:

Same here!
Thank you!

I find it laughable when so many underachievers and ne'er-do-wells, who now rely on Lagos as their bread and butter, foolishly think the case is the same for everybody else.
And I'm not one to brag about my family's wealth, but this once, I'll state it bluntly - We are minted... Extremely! And I say it with pride grin - the family wealth even spills over to Benin City, Calabar and Abuja, but let me be blunt - Lagos means FUCKALL to us.
Not a single kobo of the family wealth is gotten from Lagos. We have no buildings there, no investments, no relatives, or even a common hut in Lagos!
I do not plan to go there any time soon
I do not plan to live there any time soon
I do not plan to make SHIIT from Lagos in the future either
I do not plan to have any business with Lagos, or any affairs with Lagos in any way.
My family's towering business success can be linked to many notable Nigerian cities, but Lagos is NOT one of them.

So I laughed soooo hard at the other knucklehead who said I was jealous grin
The idiiot's ignorant mind obviously can't function outside his El Dorado, Lagos, which is why he thinks every Nigerian gives a fuuuckk about the place.

SMH. I'll congratulate his stupiidity for that goof in reasoning sha.

You have to admit this is the daf.test statement of all times !!! smiley
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:55am On May 05, 2012
Katsumoto:

Did you think before posting this?

You are boasting about people building fantastic homes when there are no roads? You and all those people who built fantastic homes in Umuoji should be flogged and made to kneel down for 3 hours.

Oga katsumoto, I was expecting a more impressive reply from someone of your calibre but see what tribalism has done to you. You didnt even calm down,read and understand why I made that comment. You are the one that deserve a.s.sr whopping. I was trying to make your broda to understand that building estates is no development in entirety,hence,you cant say lekki was developed by yorubas ALONE! Like the example i gave you about my town which you mistook for boastfulness we had very good amount of beautiful estates which were built by the villagers but there is no good roads and town planning,however,we have few rich guys who tarred their roads leading to their houses with their own money. You have to understand that its not the job of an individual to tarr road,rather its the job of the government. Like i stated earlier,if the government decides to come in to plan and develop the town and the town becomes motorable which will open it up to migrants we the natives cant boldly come out and claim we solely developed the town because tax payers money was used in developing the town and those migrants that move in must be equally respected 'cos they contributed in developing the town. So,my point here is that yorubas played a very small role in the development of the entire lagos if all they contributed was building houses. How many roads did they pull their individual funds together and tarred ? Just because lagos is a yoruba land doesnt give you the reason to disrespect comers. We have migrants in my town in Idenmili close to Onicha and some of them are yorubas but we treat them like they are one of us and they are happy and very comfortable there. I know Igbos could be very intimidating sometimes and it might seem like we are gonna run you over and take your lands BUT ITS IN HISTORY THAT IGBOS DONT TAKE WHAT IS NOT THEIRS especially when it comes to land business!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Katsumoto: 12:57am On May 05, 2012

You are trying to make sense but your post still reeks of ignorance and bad belle.

1. Lagos Island was the Capital of Nigeria. The Metropolitan areas of Lagos such as Ilupeju, Shomolu, Ikorodu, Agege, Epe, Surulere, Badagry, etc were all parts of the Western Region. The Western Region was administered from Ibadan with proceeds of Cocoa. Before Cocoa proceeds went into Lagos, it was partially built with the sweat of Lagos indigenes, Agudas, Saros, Egba, and Ijebu merchants.

2. Lagos became a state by virtue of degree 14 of 1967. At that point, Lagos, like all other Nigerian states started receiving proceeds of oil. This comments about Oil developing Lagos, did oil money not build roads, parastatals, hospitals, schools in other parts of Nigeria? Why the emphasis on Lagos. Can any of you point to the developments in Ikoyi, Lekki, Victoria island, ilupeju, Ikeja, Badagry, etc? The most developed and exclusive parts of Lagos are Ikoyi, Ikeja, and Victoria Island

3. Natural resources still require human resources for them to be tapped.

4. Yes, you can live in Warri and still have your eyes on Lagos because Lagos is a more developed city that Warri.

5. The convivial and safe atmosphere in Lagos is down to the hospitability of the indigenes of Lagos; don't ever forget that. If they didn't provide an environment where all can go to, then Lagos will not be the city it is. London, New york are cosmopolitan cities with huge numbers of migrants but it was something that attracted those immigrants to those places.

6. Some of you sometimes forget that population explosions can sometimes be harmful to an environment. For instance, many are talking about the funds Lagos received from the government but how many of you have attempted to calculate the negative costs to Lagos? What is the cost of polution, disease, armed robbery, bad roads, over-utlilised public facilities such as schools, hospitals, etc, blocked drainage, etc? Until an attempt can at least be made at calculating these negative externalities, no one can tell whether Lagos benefitted or lost more from it being the capital of Nigeria for a mere 2 decades.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 12:59am On May 05, 2012
alj harem:

You have to admit this is the daf.test statement of all times !!! smiley

Eyaaaah! You didn't see it coming, did you? Foools like you don quench today, because you thought I was among those jobless enough to be dragging over Lagos, shebi?

Just needed to put that cold fact out there, because Lagos did not make us the money we have today.
Lagos does not contribute shiit to my life, and clearly never will.

But you're a jobless idiiot who does nothing else but hang around Nairaland all day, dragging cities no upright person would really give a shiiit about in the long haul, so clap for yourself, retarrd
cool
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 1:04am On May 05, 2012

You sir are a parasite ! Shebi na how una dey talk am

I am a Lagos indigene and I can tell you that Your oil or Your government had little or no impact on Lagos. Likes of Dangote, Adenuga, Ben Bruce etc made Lagos what it is.

We lagosians are not clinging on to any minority not to talk of resources. Maybe you need to go check your facts right. The highest revenue after Oil is Cocoa. Non-oil based state is Lagos (In terms of revenue)

Why did your GEJ give SW the highest allocation after SS ? Ask yourself, You think say na beans

I want you to understand my ingliush

1. You are not a SS but an Igbo man

2. You as an Igbo man pray for the downfall of SW and to an extent Lagos because of some reasons best known to you.

3. SS resources was and would never have an impact on Lagos or the SW

4. Tell your parasitic brothers to stop carrying ghana must go and saying "Mama village don tire me, I dey go Lagos" Only for you to come and commit crime and rituals

5. Lagos does not start and end with Yoruba, I have said it times without number. Lagos and indeed the entire SW region of Nigeria is a melting point for all ethnicity that is why your father or your father's friend was able to get educated. Go ask them.

6. We Yorubas might not be the strongest or smartest tribe according to you but we hold 3 things very strong and that is why we keep moving from strength to strength. Those things are God/Allah/Olodumare, hope and believe

We believe in our strength and we are not partial if not we would have been destroyed.

Till today the yorubas set the pace from the first television station in africa before France(WNTV aka NTA your father watches on his bed) to the first highraise building aka sky scraper (Cocoa house ibadan) to first free education before the British. To free health etc

Now we have set the standards again because unlike you that your are too bigoted to ask for accountability from your leaders. We are not like that, we protest against "our sons and daugthers" in power if they misuse it.

Today Yorubas can boast of the first man made Island in Africa. Alhamdu lillah

It is not by yorubas power but by faith in God. Keep hating while they move from strength to strength

Now we are talking of light rail and constant electrity. Very soon Mama I dey go lagos would come and tell us it is Oil money. LOL

Ingrates

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Katsumoto: 1:05am On May 05, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Oga katsumoto, I was expecting a more impressive reply from someone of your calibre but see what tribalism has done to you. You didnt even calm down,read and understand why I made that comment. You are the one that deserve a.ss whopping. I was trying to make your broda to understand that building estates is no development in entirety,hence,you cant say lekki was developed by yorubas ALONE! Like the example i gave you about my town which you mistook for boastfulness we had very good amount of beautiful estates which were built by the villagers but there is no good roads and town planning,however,we have few rich guys who tarred their roads leading to their house with their own money. You have to understand that its not the job of an individual to tarr road,rather its the job of the government. Like i stated earlier,if the government decides to come in to plane and develop the town and the town become motorable which will open it up to migrants we cant come out a claim we the natives solely developed the town because tax payers money was used in developing the town and those migrants that move in most be equally respected 'cos they contributed in developing the town. So,my point here is that yorubas played a very small role in the development of the entire lagos if all they contributed was building houses. How many roads did they pull their together and tarred ? Just because lagos is a yoruba land doesnt give you the reason to disrespect comers. We have migrants in my town in Idenmili close to Onicha and some of them are yorubas but we treat them like they are one of us and they are happy and very comfortable there. I know Igbos could be very intimidating sometimes and it might seem we like we are gonna run you over and take your lands BUT ITS IN HISTORY THAT IGBOS DONT TAKE WHAT IS NOT THEIRS especially when it comes to land business!

Lets agree that building houses isn't the reason for development. Who were the governors/rulers of Lagos who laid the foundations of Lagos? Development is down to leadership and an inviting environment is down to the indigenes. Now who are the indigenes and rulers of Lagos? Did the governor of your state not receive funds from the federal government? are there no federal roads in your state? The federal government has neglected its responsibilities in most states and it is down to the governors to encourage development in their states. Development can NEVER be down to immigrants because immigrants, by the very sociology of man, are attracted to where there are opportunities.If immigrants are so powerful, then they should be founding and developing new towns on their own.

Attempting to befuddle the argument by casting aspersions will serve no purpose.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:11am On May 05, 2012
Katsumoto:

Lets agree that building houses isn't the reason for development. Who were the governors/rulers of Lagos who laid the foundations of Lagos? Development is down to leadership and an inviting environment is down to the indigenes. Now who are the indigenes and rulers of Lagos? Did the governor of your state not receive funds from the federal government? are there no federal roads in your state? The federal government has neglected its responsibilities in most states and it is down to the governors to encourage development in their states. Development can NEVER be down to immigrants because immigrants, by the very sociology man, are attracted to where there are opportunities.If immigrants are so powerful, then they should be founding and developing new towns on their own.

Attempting to befuddle the argument by casting aspersions will serve no purpose.

You know what ? I am done with you today 'cos you just dont wanna understand my point at all. Good weekend.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 1:12am On May 05, 2012
[size=14pt]@ Nri priest

I hope you would not mind my outburst because I am anger now and I have to say the truth.

I would not deny Igbos their place but trying to belittle the achievement of the yorubas knowing full well that you are not unto scratch is crazy.

Just saying.

@Other tribes

We respect everyone and everyone is equal in the eyes of God/Allah so who are we. At the end of the day Lagos would not last forever The only constant thing in life is change.

But I have an issue with the Igbos here on Nairaland who claim and counter-claim

If they notice that their claims are then wrong, then they try to belittle or even try to scheme for the place to go down just because we are saying Igbos are not as big as they think they are.

Imagine someone laughing that Boko haram would bomb lagos, this is how evil some Nairalanders can be at times[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 1:16am On May 05, 2012
Dalover I hope you get this message and also forward it to Beaf the bigot and your fellow goons

alj harem:

You sir are a parasite ! Shebi na how una dey talk am

I am a Lagos indigene and I can tell you that Your oil or Your government had little or no impact on Lagos. Likes of Dangote, Adenuga, Ben Bruce etc made Lagos what it is.

We lagosians are not clinging on to any minority not to talk of resources. Maybe you need to go check your facts right. The highest revenue after Oil is Cocoa. Non-oil based state is Lagos (In terms of revenue)

Why did your GEJ give SW the highest allocation after SS ? Ask yourself, You think say na beans

I want you to understand my ingliush

1. You are not a SS but an Igbo man

2. You as an Igbo man pray for the downfall of SW and to an extent Lagos because of some reasons best known to you.

3. SS resources was and would never have an impact on Lagos or the SW

4. Tell your parasitic brothers to stop carrying ghana must go and saying "Mama village don tire me, I dey go Lagos" Only for you to come and commit crime and rituals

5. Lagos does not start and end with Yoruba, I have said it times without number. Lagos and indeed the entire SW region of Nigeria is a melting point for all ethnicity that is why your father or your father's friend was able to get educated. Go ask them.

6. We Yorubas might not be the strongest or smartest tribe according to you but we hold 3 things very strong and that is why we keep moving from strength to strength. Those things are God/Allah/Olodumare, hope and believe

We believe in our strength and we are not partial if not we would have been destroyed.

Till today the yorubas set the pace from the first television station in africa before France(WNTV aka NTA your father watches on his bed) to the first highraise building aka sky scraper (Cocoa house ibadan) to first free education before the British. To free health etc

Now we have set the standards again because unlike you that your are too bigoted to ask for accountability from your leaders. We are not like that, we protest against "our sons and daugthers" in power if they misuse it.

Today Yorubas can boast of the first man made Island in Africa. Alhamdu lillah

It is not by yorubas power but by faith in God. Keep hating while they move from strength to strength

Now we are talking of light rail and constant electrity. Very soon Mama I dey go lagos would come and tell us it is Oil money. LOL

Ingrates

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Katsumoto: 1:19am On May 05, 2012
Ejiné:

grin Now I know you're not too bright afterall.
Please, read my very first arguments on this thread, analyze and digest and them properly, and come back to reply, instead of giving me this childish knee-jerk "right back atcha!" kinda post.

And yes, it means fuckall to us, as far my family's success is concerned, as Lagos did not make us who we are, contrary to what many ne'er-do-wells in here initially thought.

And need I remind you this is an internet forum? And what drives forums? That's right - opinions. So, whether you like it or not, I'm going to keep posting my opinions on why Lagos is better off today than it was in 1910, but trust me, that does not mean we rely on it for anything in our lives.
Surely, if you had any trace of intelligence in you, you would have been able to comprehend that before replying in the first place.

Yes, you are the epitome of intelligence. The Internet provides anonymity to all; the key word there being anonymity. How does stating that you are minted in an anonymous forum prove that the number of hours you have spent on the thread is not down to plain old bad belle? My initial response to you had little to do with your comments on the thread several hours ago but more to do with the fact that you were boasting about your wealth when it has nothing to do with the thread. The fact is that you took interest in the thread and trying to use your perceived personal situation as a defensive manoeuvre won't cut it.

Anyone sitting in an Internet cafe browsing for free can claim to be Dangote.

I have made my point.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by chucky234(m): 1:33am On May 05, 2012
Ejiné: @2buff: Ugh! For pete's sake mehn, we freaking get it - Nigeria is rotten, the currency is on life support, Ibori has looted, blah blah blah.
Let me tell you, mehn, it is still MUCH better than what the country went through in the hands of the British. Take it or leave it!

And on corruption, how you take discover say corruption plenty for country? Shebi na as a result of publications from people in the media?
Now, compare that with 1910 when we had nothing else to live by except the words of the British. And you think they weren't corrupt? OMG!!! Let me tell you, their own corruption na wetin we dey call "corruption with effizzy".
Nobody could question them as their actions were LAW!
Can you pit that against 2012 where the random okada man on the street is very much aware of the happenings around him?
As rotten as the country may be in your eyes, what really matters to me is human development. And I stand bold to tell you we are BETTER OFF today.
I actually didnt want to comment on this,you are brainwashed. My Lagos were better off without those Universities,what were your Asaba,Enugu,Abuja or Benin compare to Lagos? Those were not even close to Marokor,today Lagos sucks with dirts and toxic air.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aljharem(m): 1:40am On May 05, 2012
Now I believe the government and Lagosian (Irrespective of ethnicity) should all work together as a unit.

I have said it times without number, the suffering of Emeka and Musa on the streets of Lagos is not different from that of Tunde or Timaya.

We can make a city work to our advantage while the others keep acting like ideeeiots.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 1:47am On May 05, 2012
Katsumoto:

Yes, you are the epitome of intelligence. The Internet provides anonymity to all; the key word there being anonymity. How does stating that you are minted in an anonymous forum prove that the number of hours you have spent on the thread is not down to plain old bad belle? My initial response to you had little to do with your comments on the thread several hours ago but more to do with the fact that you were boasting about your wealth when it has nothing to do with the thread. The fact is that you took interest in the thread and trying to use your perceived personal situation as a defensive manoeuvre won't cut it.

I have made my point.

Sorry, you have not made a single point. Instead, all you've done is prove exactly how insecure you are, talking about "bad belle". Bad belle for what exactly? Bad belle over a place that neither made me or any member of my family?
Bad belle over a place that contributed zilch to what we are today?

Keep puching the air all in the name of fighting ghosts and "bad belle people", but the fact remains, whether you feel panged about it or not, that Lagos means fuckall to me, my profession, my family or my future.

Oh, and it means nothing to me whether you believe my statements regarding my status or not, as I had no Katsumoto in mind when I was typing the post. The post itself, wasn't even addressed to you, so what you believe (just like Lagos) still means fuckall to me.

If e dey pain you, abeg locate the nearest brickwall in your vicinity and ram your head right through it smiley

Thank you smiley
I'm glad we had this talk smiley
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 2:01am On May 05, 2012
^^^I don't know why people choose to argue to that troll up there - he's the male version of kobojunkie. I don't care if you don't plan to live in Lagos - we the indigenes have had enough already, you might as well use your family's "minted" money - to grab the rest of your kins in Lagos back to your village.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 2:05am On May 05, 2012
shymmex: ^^^I don't know why people choose to argue to that troll up there - he's the male version of kobojunkie. I don't care if you don't plan to live in Lagos - we the indigenes have had enough already, you might as well use your family's "minted" money - to grab the rest of your kins in Lagos back to your village.

The inconsquential ramblings of a vanquished tribalist.

Next! smiley
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by chucky234(m): 2:11am On May 05, 2012
Katsumoto:

I have made my point.
SECONDED
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by bobosydney: 2:16am On May 05, 2012
I laugh sometimes when some igbo folks says lagos is no mens land and think that they use their money to build . I'm indigenous of lagos of ijebu side and my forefathers never migrate to lagos because it's our land and my Grandfather was a Railway train driver during the British colony. Although , i live in australia now and that doesn't make be Australian because i'm immigrant here and i always respect indigenous people of foreign land that i live and follow their rules . If you can't respect lagosians and you think that can tellsabout our lands, you can leave and go back to where you came from and we don't force you to come to lagos . Lagosians are very accommodative and we deserve RESPECT .
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by sheyguy: 2:18am On May 05, 2012
Mr Dalover, your logic about lagos being developed significantly with oil money is weak, if one of ur relation who earns from the government decides to put up a good structure in Lagos, do we say he developed his property with oil money then? As long as he does not forces his service or prodvct on nobody and he does not steal, his money is from his effort. However we can say his employers (the govt) paid him with what is significantly Oil money. Pls don't count hard earned money as oil money here.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 2:19am On May 05, 2012
chucky234:
SECONDED

LOL okay Oga Chucky. Feel free to believe what you want. grin

I couldn't be bothered, really.
Because people can (and will, for that matter) choose what they want to believe, as a way of shaping their views on experiences in correspondence with their sentiments.
That's basic human mentality.

But that's by the way.

All I'm waiting for right now is someone else to take me on my comments.
I feel like writing some epistles this night grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / Sowore Reveals New Police Salary, Says No Policeman Should Earn Less Than N100k / Tinubu: Over 60 Passengers Were Killed In Train Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.