Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence (56466 Views)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Pictures Of Lagos Before Independence / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ibomade1: 6:45pm On May 04, 2012
Wow !!!.
Bring back those years

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by BUSHMAN1: 6:47pm On May 04, 2012
nice pics, my dad told me that naira was worth more than british pounds sterling, in them days,does any one else think that the british should have stayed longer in nigeria, i certainly think they should have stayed longer,maybe we wont have boko haram and legislooters, more pictures pleassseee!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ariyebaba(m): 6:58pm On May 04, 2012
@ london2lasgidi, i sincerely appreciate ur good job by bringing the pictures here for all to see. Personally,am charged when i saw the KINGSWAY in Ibadan. U help to rekindle the old memories. I cld remember when we used to go to FATHER XMAS GROTO inside KINGSWAY.EKO ONI BAJE,IBADAN KO NI BAJE,EDO KO NI BAJE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by 9ja4eva: 7:20pm On May 04, 2012
Lovely. Seems oil is more of a curse than a blessing to Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naijaspeak(m): 7:47pm On May 04, 2012
I want some historian to tell me the history of that carter bridge. I want to know how the Bridge got its name Carter Bridge
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by BUSHMAN1: 7:48pm On May 04, 2012
DaLover:
At the time this pictures where taken, igbos were a full part of the lagos economy, remember that where zik of africa rose.....

I think the reason for the devastation in Lagos today is that the british handed it over to yoruba people to run, they have been running it since after it was changed from a federal capital territory to a yoruba state...

As a federal capital territory, it was developed with federal funds....airport, seaports, all govt hqs etc...

Apart from yoruba mismanagement, the laziness caused by dependence on oil has meant that all and sundary flock to the place in search of the national cake, thus over stretching resources......

Needless to say, if other areas of the country had gotten similar attention, the population movement would have been smaller
true talk, i agree
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 04, 2012
9ja4eva: Lovely. Seems oil is more of a curse than a blessing to Nigeria.

Very true. when I am less busy, I would post old pics of University of Ife built with cocoa wealth.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by BUSHMAN1: 7:53pm On May 04, 2012
for those of you who say, them days were better, are you saying that its was better when the british was ruling nigeria?
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 7:59pm On May 04, 2012
BUSH MAN: nice pics, my dad told me that naira was worth more than british pounds sterling, in them days,does any one else think that the british should have stayed longer in nigeria, i certainly think they should have stayed longer,maybe we wont have boko haram and legislooters, more pictures pleassseee!!

DUmbest comment of the day!!

Do you think the British achieved all that?? How many schools did they build in Nigeria??

Nigeria was developed by NIGERIANS - NOT THE BRITISH!!!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 04, 2012
BUSH MAN: for those of you who say, them days were better, are you saying that its was better when the british was ruling nigeria?
in a way,yes,our society lacks discipline. Or y is that till 2morow,millions still want to ja from nai-ja ?
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 8:01pm On May 04, 2012
bittyend:

How is it better?? Overcrowded, and dirty is better than - spacious and clean in your world, nah??

I smell jealousy because your people were not part of the best periods of Lagos history.

So, can you guys shut up about federal government and oil money developed Lagos; Igbos made Lagos; and other rubbish you guys spew on here daily?

LMAO! Your dumb, hilarious goofs have become so thick on this forum, that you're now rated at the same level with cretiiins like Musiwa. And from this inconsequential garbage post up here, it looks like you're not about to stop sinking anytime soon. Let me first congratulate you on this new feat.

Now, down to business:

1. Like I already told you the day I took you to the cleaners on the Gideon Orkar thread, the dumb myopic way you see life is not the way I see it. While idiiots like you are busy playing tribal diick measurements like they'll ever help you through your hollow insignificant lives, people like me are rather more interested in things we can personally achieve in our lives, and not junk chatter about your tribe. So, while we're out there speaking for ourselves in our respective lives, you're here on the internet singing about Igbo and Yoruba, talking about "jealousy" (of all things) like you have any real accomplishments to your name. You sit your wretched arse on the chair in your moldy dark room, ranting about "jealousy" when your hungry emaciated arse can barely figure out where his next food stamp will come from. I dey laff! grin And the next thing you'll do when I tear you apart again, is run around the forum and cry about Ejine tormenting you. What a sad old clown grin

2. I'm sorry to burst your bubble though, but Lagos is not my type of city. And you can go through my comments personally to see I've never claimed Lagos or tried to relate with the place to even begin with. Infact, I have no relatives who even live, work or school in Lagos, so I can't claim it as it has never served or influenced me in my life. I come from a very affluent family, I'm sorry to disappoint you, and we have our investments in Enugu Urban, Calabar, Owerri, Benin City, Abuja, Onitsha, Asaba, Makurdi and Aba, but NOT Lagos, my dear.
Hell, I even work in Abuja, and Lagos has absolutely NOTHING to do with my life. Check my history, DUNCE! grin
But I understand why ignorant retarrdos like you claim Lagos - you have no personal achievements of your own, which is why you view things from your myopic, distorted tribal prism. Your case, boy, is a pathetic one grin

3. You showcase your slave mentality when you see the Lagos of 1910 as a work of accomplishment. It shows your severe inferiority complex. And you're even shameless enough to refer to it as "spacious" and "clean"?

Spacious and clean Lagos? You mean the one that had no decent Tertiary institute despite being under British occupation for almost 100 years? Today, there's UniLag, there's YabaTech, there's LASU. How many did the British build?

Spacious and clean Lagos? You mean Lagos that only comprised affluent zones like Ikoyi and VI, while the rest of Lagos was left in the dark? In case you didn't know, Ikorodu was a THICK BUSH at the time, and even the Ikoyi zone was reserved for the WHITES! But you don't know all that, because you're an ignorant dumbasss!
How many places had electricity? Ikorodu today, is a thriving zone, but can you say the same about the Ikorodu of 1910?

How many stock exchange markets did they set up for you, MOOORON!?

How many decent hospitals did they leave for you AFTER HUNDRED YEARS?

You're a retarrrd of epic proportions, and your severe inferiority complex just can't help showing itself!

Like I said before, you have no idea how good you have it right now. Better appreciate what you have today instead of begging racist white men to come feed you peanuts cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 8:02pm On May 04, 2012
DaLover:
At the time this pictures where taken, igbos were a full part of the lagos economy, remember that where zik of africa rose.....

I think the reason for the devastation in Lagos today is that the british handed it over to yoruba people to run, they have been running it since after it was changed from a federal capital territory to a yoruba state...

As a federal capital territory, it was developed with federal funds....airport, seaports, all govt hqs etc...

Apart from yoruba mismanagement, the laziness caused by dependence on oil has meant that all and sundary flock to the place in search of the national cake, thus over stretching resources......

Needless to say, if other areas of the country had gotten similar attention, the population movement would have been smaller

SLowpoke!!

I don't want to bring tribe into it but I would because you're dumb..

Yorubas built their thing - and the British NEVER handed nothing over to those who built it..

And Igbos were not even upto to 5% of Lagos population - you tribalist scumbag, and scallywag.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 8:05pm On May 04, 2012
I'm sorry, I need to respond to some of the misinformation by some of the myopic posters on this thread.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 04, 2012
Do we have any urban planning or survey professional online,who can attest to the fact that even Abuja had to undergo demolition when there was no provision for population expansion and illegal structures filled the entire city?
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 8:14pm On May 04, 2012
Ejiné:
You mean Lagos that only comprised affluent zones like Ikoyi and VI, while the rest of Lagos was left in the dark? In case you didn't know, Ikorodu was a THICK BUSH at the time, and even the Ikoyi zone was reserved for the WHITES! But you don't know all that, because you're an ignorant dumbasss!
How many places had electricity? Ikorodu today, is a thriving zone, but can you say the same about the Ikorodu of 1910?

How many decent hospitals did they leave for you AFTER HUNDRED YEARS?

You're a retarrrd of epic proportions, and your severe inferiority complex just can't help showing itself!

Like I said before, you have no idea how good you have it right now. Better appreciate what you have today instead of begging racists white men to come feed you peanuts cool

Stop spaming this thread with utter rubbish. I need to correct some of the ignorance in your post.

Victoria Island, and Ikorodu were never PART of the old old Lagos. Old Lagos includes: Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Yaba, Obalende, and Ebute Meta. Ikoyi was a middle class area, and it wasn't a white reserved area. Most of the people who lived there were Lagosians.

Do you even know the population of Nigeria at this time in history, and why would people develop places where you alleged were 'thick forests' when there is no reason to?

I hate ignorance, it's not a must to post comments on every thread.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 8:22pm On May 04, 2012
Carter Bridge was completed in 1901 and rebuilt in the 1970s. The Lagos Steam Tramway ran on the bridge. It is named after Sir Gilbert Thomas Carter, who was Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Colony of Lagos from 1891–1897

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ReLaTE(m): 8:23pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

SLowpoke!!

I don't want to bring tribe into it but I would because you're dumb..

Yorubas built their thing - and the British NEVER handed nothing over to those who built it..

And Igbos were not even upto to 5% of Lagos population - you tribalist scumbag, and scallywag.
u shuld be ashamed of urself for getting into ths,i thot ur matured. Am enjoyn ur pics bt get disgusted wen u joined them.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 8:29pm On May 04, 2012
ReLaTE: u shuld be ashamed of urself for getting into ths,i thot ur matured. Am enjoyn ur pics bt get disgusted wen u joined them.

I apologize for my outburst, the poster is annoying.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 8:31pm On May 04, 2012
I have got pictures of the swag of the 60s and 70s around Nigeria, from kano to Sapele. I'll post that soon.

Our parents did their thing back then, boi lol.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 8:32pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Stop spaming this thread with utter rubbish. I need to correct some of the ignorance in your post.

Victoria Island, and Ikorodu were never PART of the old old Lagos. Old Lagos includes: Lagos Island, Ikoyi, Yaba, Obalende, and Ebute Meta. Ikoyi was a middle class area, and it wasn't a white reserved area. Most of the people who lived there were Lagosians.

Do you even know the population of Nigeria at this time in history, and why would people develop places where you alleged were 'thick forests' when there is no reason to?

I hate ignorance, it's not a must to post comments on every thread.

Before you begin to lecture me on garbage history that neither helps the argument, be sure to address your stupiidity:

Since you're implying Ikorodu was anything but a heavily underdeveloped region at the period of white occupation, could you be kind enough to post any pictures of the "developed" Ikorodu that suggests it is better than what it is today?
Or was that you just being defensive and quick to respond to posts without reading to comprehension or understanding the essence of the post you're responding to?

And as for your little lecture on the areas that made up Lagos, I guess you also missed the point of my post. Since you're quick to list those places in your pedantic bid to sound important, could you also be kind enough to list the numerous high-class univerisities your white masters left for you?

Oh, I forgot - there aren't any...

And before you even begin to list those little settlements, tell me - Do they compare in size or importance to what the genrality of Lagos is today?

You see, the thing about emotional knuckleheads like you is that you're too quick to leap without looking.

You rushed to attack my post without even understanding it's essence, and now you're looking like an idiiot.

Since you're quick to attack, please be kind enough to list those tertiary institutes along with the high-class hospitals your masters left for you.

I'll be waiting...

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by ReLaTE(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

taken
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Why should you apologize for pointing out the truth. If anyone wants to be offended by the truth, let them be. Dangote alone has more money invested in Lagos than all of these noise makers combined, yet he is not asking for a chunk of Lagos to be ceded to him.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 8:44pm On May 04, 2012
I posted this on another thread previously. It gives you an idea of how Iju Waterworks was built.

Eshugbayi Eleko (The Oba/Eleko of Lagos/Eko)

Eshugbayi Eleko, the validly appointed King of Lagos by custom had been deposed by the colonial government in 1925. Part of Eleko’s trouble with the colonial government began with the government’s proposed pipe borne water scheme, estimated to cost about ₤130,000 and the subsequent government proposal that Lagosians should pay the cost because it was for their health. Eleko’s objections were that they had not been informed earlier about this scheme, that it was the Europeans who wanted pipe borne water and should pay for it and that the Lagosians’ old well water was still good enough for them. The press, which may be regarded as representing the vocal educated elite, opposed the water rate not because it objected to taxation, but on the American colonists principle of ‘No taxation without representation’. It said the people had not been consulted and therefore the government had no right to tax them. But despite protests, agitations and petitions from Eleko and other anti-government factions, the Iju waterworks was constructed.

Governor Egerton held out the bait of a town council in which they would participate, but they refused it. There they thought the matter ended, but Egerton suddenly published his House Assessment Ordinance, which, despite denials from the government, the people believed was a prelude towards imposing a water rate. Towards the end of 1908, a mass meeting was called. All the markets were closed, expatriate shops were looted, 15,000 people marched on State House, in response to the call from the Eleko’s bellman (town crier). Egerton was impressed by the traditional elite’s demonstration of
power; so also was the educated elite.

Eleko also fell out with the colonial government when he accepted the invitation from the Central Mosque to approve the appointment of Bashorun Balogun and others. The government believed that this was a purely muslim affair that should have been done in the Central Mosque with its blessings rather than with Eleko’s approval. The government held on to this and used the opportunity to avenge itself for Eleko’s defiance over the water rate levy. It thus withdrew recognition and suspended the Eleko’s stipend. Instead of making life more difficult for Eleko as the colonial government had believed, so as to make him change his mind, the suspension made Eleko more popular. Market women flooded Eleko’s palace with foodstuff, while Chief Oluwa (an Idejo chief) and other members of the Ilu committee made sure that the Oba was financially and materially self sufficient. This was a slap on the face of the colonial government. Seeing this, Yesufu Omo Oba led a pro-government group to the government asking for Eleko to be deposed, while the lawyer Egerton Shyngle led another faction which defended Eleko’s action in approving the Central Mosque appointment. As a result, Eleko was reinstated by Sir Hugh Clifford in 1919.

Finally, the controversial trip of Herbert Macaulay and Chief Amodu Tijani Oluwa to London over the Apapa land case and the statement made by Macaulay to the British press were to have significant effect on the Eleko affair. While in London, Macaulay gave a statement to the British press, saying that Eleko (whose grandfather had ceded Lagos to the British) was the head of seventeen million Nigerians and that Eleko was earning less than the lowest paid European gardener in Lagos, that the pension promised Eleko’s grandfather, Dosunmu, had never been paid, while the colonial government had neither rebuilt his Iga (palace) nor renovated it. This provoked serious reaction from the British government, as the British press played up the statement.

Meanwhile, the colonial government in Lagos was at Eleko’s throat over Macaulay’s statement in London. Eleko denied knowledge of the statement, but admitted giving his staff of office to Oluwa according to native customs. Although his press release of the denial appeared in the newspapers, the government would only be content if Eleko’s bell-ringers (town crier) went round with a denial written on behalf of Eleko by Henry Carr. Eleko bluntly refused. The colonial government reacted by withdrawing its recognition of Eleko as a native chief and stopping his stipend.

On June 10, 1925, nineteen princes (known to be pro-government) signed a letter demanding that Eleko should quit the palace within fourteen days. Their letter was signed by eleven literate princes, while the remaining eight affixed their thumbprints. Another letter was sent to Eleko on June 26 notifying him that Ibikunle Akitoye had been chosen to replace him.

The government sanctioned the deposition and ordered that Eshugbayi should leave Lagos. The Eleko did not comply with the order and on August 8th another order was made against the Eleko. He was thus arrested and exiled to Oyo. Sanusi Olusi was then appointed Oba by the Colonial Government.

Eshugbayi took his case to the Privy Council in London and he was assisted by Herbert Macaulay, who was hell-bent on remedying the damage done to the Eleko by a care free Governor-General.

On reviewing the customary laws of Lagos on the deposition of Eleko and the appointment of another oba, the Privy Council in London found rightly that British administrators in Lagos were beginning to act lawlessly. It stated that no validity could be given to a Lagos custom by the whimsical action of the Nigerian Governor-General of Lagos Colony, because, “it is the assent of a community that gives validity to a customary law”. Hence, the court said that the deposition of Eshugbayi Eleko was completely contrary to customary law. Mr Olusi was politely asked by the Lagos colonial authorities to leave Iga Idungaran soonest. This he did on Wednesday June 28, 1931.

After the privy Council directive of June 1928 in favour of Eleko, Herbert Macaulay’s “Lagos Daily News” published an article alleging that the colonial government was planning to plant gunpowder in the car that would bring Eleko back from Oyo, so that it could explode and kill him. For his publication, Macaulay was given six months imprisonment with hard labour, without option of a fine, while his co-owner of the paper, Dr Caulcrick, was fined £50 with the alternative of a month jail term.

Eshugbayi Eleko later resumed Obaship of Lagos in 1931. in 1933, however, Eshugbayi Eleko died.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 8:51pm On May 04, 2012
Ejiné:
Before you begin to lecture me on garbage history that neither helps the argument, be sure to address your stupiidity:

Since you're implying Ikorodu was anything but a heavily underdeveloped region at the period of white occupation, could you be kind enough to post any pictures of the "developed" Ikorodu that suggests it is better than what it is today?
Or was that you just being defensive and quick to respond to posts without reading to comprehension or understanding the essence of the post you're responding to?

And as for your little lecture on the areas that made up Lagos, I guess you also missed the point of my post. Since you're quick to list those places in your pedantic bid to sound important, could also be kind enough to list the numerous high-class univerisities your white masters left for you?

Oh, I forgot - there aren't any...

And before you even begin to list those little settlements, tell me - Do they compare in size or importance to what the genrality of Lagos is today?

You see, the thing about emotional knuckleheads like you is that you're too quick to leap without looking.

You rushed to attack my post without even understanding it's essence, and now you're looking like an idiiot.

Since you're quick to attack, please be kind enough to list those tertiary institutes along with the high-class hospitals your masters left for you.

I'll be waiting...

Numbskull and knuckle head, Ikorodu was not developed at the time because there was no reason to. The population wasn't as large as it is today - the population of Nigeria was about 30million, and the population of Lagos wasn't even upto a million. Ibadan was the place to be, at this time in history.

Is every part of your home state developed at the moment? Does that mean, it won't be developed in future when the population grows?

When I left Lagos as barely a teenage more than a decade ago, Lekki was a swampy thick forest - but Lekki is one of most expensive places in Lagos right now due to population expansion. If you've a brain, please use it; and if you don't, you can borrow one from anyone willing to give.

And who's glorifying 'your masters' here? If you're not blind, you've have read my first post.

I'm so happy about the present transformation (or re-transformation) of my beloved Lagos State (Las Gidi) - and I have decided to bring back memories (with pictures) - of what the great city of Lagos used to look like. Bear in mind that Lagos wasn't built by the colonial masters - the Lagos elites (mostly business men from the slave trade era), and slave returnees built Lagos. The British never developed Nigeria - they exploited the resources around Nigeria, and shipped it to Britain. The only thing Nigeria benefited from the colonialists was the rail network (and arguably Carter bridge) used in the transportation of the resources - from different of the country - to Lagos.

PS: I'm not trying to knock the colonial masters - I'm basically just trying to give credit to those who made Lagos what it was then. Old Lagos, the city my Dad will never stop talking about (Mum was raised in Ibadan).

Enjoy!
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by yam: 8:55pm On May 04, 2012
Dlyna:
Looool.Igbos dirty??
Was sent to osun to serve and I couldn't even buy anything from those people because they know next to nothing about cleanliness.
I remember when I went to a restaurant in Ekiti to eat and the dirty yoruba woman wiped the plate she was to use in serving me with a rag that they use to wipe their hand.I almost threw up. And you call igbo's dirty God help you.

u are a poor guy, y didnt u go to eat @ hotels and eatries like mr biggs, e.t.c

you are complaining of your level.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by optimistD(m): 8:57pm On May 04, 2012
I AM TRILLED BY THIS. It seems to b better than now considering there the traffic.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 8:59pm On May 04, 2012
I wish I could find the map of the Colony (later Federal Capital Territory). It shows the boundaries of Lagos before 1967.

Jibowu, Mushin, Shomolu, Ikorodu, etc were not part of Lagos. They were part of Western Region. They were added to Lagos in 1967 when Lagos became a state.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by aryzgreat: 9:03pm On May 04, 2012
Soon u will hear sum mor0ns that will come and tell us that lagos was built on oil money like abuja.. Bloody buncha aszholes

pls can u tell me how many of the pictures on this thread dat pre-ceeded independence and lagos as former capital? and will u tell me lagos was built with wot? and by the yorubas alone? prolly the likes of sir louis odumegwu ojukwu was a yoruba man then. i hate it when people try to twist history. tomorrow some scumbag will refer to this thread to defend the indefensible. Truth be told lagos just lyk calabar wia favoured former capitals bc of sea route thru which the colonial masters transacted their biznes but to claim lagos was developed single handedly by the south west is a blatant lie!!! maybe other south west states could have been like lagos if sw has d magic wand to replicate lagos to her neighbouring sw states.

Nce pix with nostalgia bt lag of 2day is far better dan the pre-colonial lag.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Ejine(m): 9:14pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi:

Numbskull and knuckle head, Ikorodu was not developed at the time because there was no reason to. The population wasn't as large as it is today - the population of Nigeria was about 30million, and the population of Lagos wasn't even upto a million. Ibadan was the place to be, at this time in history.

Is every part of your home state developed at the moment? Does that mean, it won't be developed in future when the population grows?

When I left Lagos as barely a teenage more than a decade ago, Lekki was a swampy thick forest - but Lekki is one of most expensive places in Lagos right now due to population expansion. If you've a brain, please use it; and if you don't, you can borrow one from anyone willing to give.

And who's glorifying 'your masters' here? If you're not blind, you've have read my first post.

From this post of yours, you're the numbskull and knucklehead with mediocre comprehension skills.
You have succeeded in ranting from point A to point B without addressing the essential point of my argument.
But let me put you out of your misery before you further make a buffoon of yourself:

The point of my argument simply stands that the Lagos of 2012 is better than the Lagos of 1910, both in human development index and economic viability - Simple!
But what is your point? Ranting up and down like a spastic drooling kid without making a single tangible statement.
I take you to task on how many tertiary schools the white masters left if your argument is within that line, and you begin to ask me about how developed my homestate was? Can't you see you're making a big foool of yourself? If you can't afford a decent brain, please let us know and we shall contribute money to fetch you one.

You have FAILED to list those universities
You have FAILED to list those quality hospitals
You have failed to list anything to suggest human development at the time was better or even on par with 2012, and all you do is post pictures of select-few locations and marvel with your mouth agape like a slaveboy? Are you not an idiiot?

You jumped into my rift with BittyEnd and ended up ranting without making a single point.

So now, me as I like trouble wella, I'm waiting for you to list those Tertiary institutes.

Next time, you should learn not to barge into conversations you know nothing about.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 9:23pm On May 04, 2012
[s]
Ejiné:

From this post of yours, you're the numbskull and knucklehead with mediocre comprehension skills.
You have succeeded in ranting from point A to point B without addressing the essential point of my argument.
But let me put you out of your misery before you further make a buffoon of yourself:

The point of my argument simply stands that the Lagos of 2012 is better than the Lagos of 1910, both in human development index and economic viability - Simple!
But what is your point? Ranting up and down like a spastic drooling kid without making a single tangible statement.
I take you to task on how many tertiary schools the white masters left if your argument is within that line, and you begin to ask me about how developed my homestate was? Can't you see you're making a big foool of yourself? If you can't afford a decent brain, please let us know and we shall contribute money to fetch you one.

You have FAILED to list those universities
You have FAILED to list those quality hospitals
You have failed to list anything to suggest human development at the time was better or even on par with 2012, and all you do is post pictures of select-few locations and marvel with your mouth agape like a slaveboy? Are you not an idiiot?

You jumped into my rift with BittyEnd and ended up ranting without making a single point.

So now, me as I like trouble wella, I'm waiting for you to list those Tertiary institutes.

Next time, you should learn not to barge into conversations you know nothing about.
[/s]

How many people were educated enough to attend university?

IGNORED!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

El-Rufai And Oshiomhole At Oba Of Benin Palace / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala's First Day As WTO Director-General (Pictures) / Sowore Reveals New Police Salary, Says No Policeman Should Earn Less Than N100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.