Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,887 members, 7,817,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State (17801 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by igbo2011(m): 11:42pm On May 07, 2012
Talk is cheap, I want to see actions instead of talk.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by bamosagie(m): 11:47pm On May 07, 2012
Jonathan approved five refinery for Ogun state according to Ogun state governor, and some people are displaying their ignorance, how many private refinery did Obj approve during his tenure? How many private refinery are functional today? Jonathan will always be two steps ahead while those insulting the president are busy doing so the man would simply continue to outfox many

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 11:57pm On May 07, 2012
Later if Westerners protest, these iddeiots would call us names

What is the sense in building 5 refineries in one state ?

Already couple with the already existing ones it would be 9 refinery in Nigeria

Lets think here, A country like Nigeria having more than 5 refinery is a total waste

1. Build 1 refinery in Ogun/Ondo axis

2. Build 3 refinery in the Niger-delta

3. Build 1 in Anambra given the oil discovery in the state

4. repair the kaduna refinery

That is all we need in the oil sector couple with some transparency.

Trust me, Nigerians don't need to suffer.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by samnix1: 11:57pm On May 07, 2012
gbogboti: grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba is @ it again. Yoruba-Yoruba wan build 5 refineries for 1 state. Thank God say this oil no dey some lands o. Some of us for hear am. I swear if to say the oil wey dey Niger Delta dey for North, naija for done divide. If to say na for West e dey, Yoruba for they abuse us all the days of our lives. Wonders indeed shall never die.

Some people are just so unbelieveable ... the oil wey dey Niger delta wetin una do wif am, she na yoruba or na hausa approve the building or the refineries, no b una mumu kinsman approve am ? ...rubbish

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 11:58pm On May 07, 2012
samnix1:

Some people are just so unbelieveable ... the oil wey dey Niger delta wetin una do wif am, she na yoruba or na hausa approve the building or the refineries, no b una mumu kinsman approve am ? ...rubbish
The iddeeiot is not ND but Igbo

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Beaf: 12:08am On May 08, 2012
It is now up to the indigenes of Ogun state to actualise the dream of the 5 refineries.

Ogun state has heavy crude, which is of low quality, but oil is oil. It is a money spinner anyday.
The likes of Shell will not wish to invest in Oguns oil (a blessing in disguise), because of the poor quality, but Ogun state citizens along with its state and LG govts can push to make it a viable business.

There is a wider blessing for Nigeria in development of low quality oil fields in Ogun, Ondo, Lagos and Northern Delta. It is that such development can only come through empowering the citizens to own and develop their local resources (a rather long way of saying, resource control). Without resource control, the oil fields in Ogun state will lie fallow and unyielding until oil goes out of favour in the next couple of decades.

The time to demand resource control and empower the people is NOW. The FG must lead the charge by doing all in its power to ensure that the Ogun state project takes off through the efforts of the private sector. It is high time the Abuja awuf train came to a juddering hault. cool

Canada has similar poor quality oil deposits which they are very successfuly harnessing. With self belief, and a logical approach, Ogun too can do it.
Let us all get behind Ogun state and will it to success, because we would be indirectly willing the rest of the country to true federalism, development and success.

Well done Ogun state and Amosun.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Sylverbox(m): 12:09am On May 08, 2012
If una make OBJ vex now him fit build 5 additional private refinaries join sef.....hope say no b palm oil dem dey talk abt sef?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Beaf: 12:09am On May 08, 2012
alj harem:
The iddeeiot is not ND but Igbo

You only bring foolishness to any topic you post on.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 12:10am On May 08, 2012
^^^^^^

Beaf you are not a serious person

First of all, what is the justification of 5 refinery in one state I ask ?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 12:12am On May 08, 2012
Beaf you have not answered the question

was the 5 refinery proposed for federalism or proposed because Nigerians

If it is the latter, what is the justification of 5 refinery in one state or one zone of the country ?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Beaf: 12:14am On May 08, 2012
alj harem: ^^^^^^

Beaf you are not a serious person

First of all, what is the justification of 5 refinery in one state I ask ?

If Ogun state people can build 5 refineries, how is that any of your business?

Anambra has already shown the way with Orient refinery, the same with Rivers (even though the one there is micro), therefore Ogun MUST be encouraged.
Its like 1 + 1.

4 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Martini101(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: From previous news, we were informed that the same FG had no intentions of building refineries. Now barely two months later, it already approved plans to build 5 in just one state? undecided undecided undecided undecided Something is off.
. My sister. See me see wahala oh! These people do not even know when they lie any longer. Can U beat d contrast! Naija politicians re getting dumber by d minute.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 12:17am On May 08, 2012
Beaf:

If Ogun state people can build 5 refineries, how is that any of your business?

Anambra has already shown the way with Orient refinery, the same with Rivers (even though the one there is micro), therefore Ogun MUST be encouraged.
Its like 1 + 1.

What do you mean "What is my business ?" Is Ogun no longer a Nigerian state ?

You still have no answered my question. What is the justification of 5 refinery in one state

Are looking at viability or just build for building sake ?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Beaf: 12:27am On May 08, 2012
alj harem:

What do you mean "What is my business ?" Is Ogun no longer a Nigerian state ?

You still have no answered my question. What is the justification of 5 refinery in one state

Are looking at viability or just build for building sake ?

How is it your business if Ogun state people can build 5 refineries? You haven't convinced me.
Its like saying its your business if your neighbour can afford to buy 5 cars and toast sweet looking babes with eye pop'n jigglies.

Its not your business to ask why they need 5, or whatever it is you are asking. Simply wish them luck and join in to make their efforts a success, instead of sounding like you hate progress (or its prospect).

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Martini101(m): 12:29am On May 08, 2012
Beaf. Where did U go to since d Azazi incident? U just left Ur Oga{GEJ} to play defence. He don wound oh!
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by PeterKbaba: 12:36am On May 08, 2012
Kobojunkie: From previous news, we were informed that the same FG had no intentions of building refineries. Now barely two months later, it already approved plans to build 5 in just one state? undecided undecided undecided undecided Something is off.

Federal Government approves... meaning giving license to private investors to build and manage at their cost...

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Beaf: 12:36am On May 08, 2012
Martini101: Beaf. Where did U go to since d Azazi incident? U just left Ur Oga{GEJ} to play defence. He don wound oh!

You mean I should be on NL to entertain you even when I have stuff to do, because you think GEJ is my "Oga?"
By the way, GEJ is only wounded in your opinion, because you cannot understand a tactical game and the evil terrain that is Nigeria. You do not understand that you are in jail, because you have never experienced freedom; so when you reason and go into battle, it all comes out looking aimless and pathetic.

My brother, let us all take time to acquire knowledge of how Nigeria really functions. You will be violated, amazed and enraged by what you discover; right now, ignorance is bliss.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by mimifonwon(f): 12:56am On May 08, 2012
no offense but if i must say, now is the best time for nigeria to separate, now that the north and southwest have their own oil. The main reason nigeria wanted to keep biafra in nigeria was because of the oil. Even though i am mixed with three main tribes, I dont believe in one nigeria.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by PaulJohn1: 1:05am On May 08, 2012
Seriously?! Ogun, lagos and ondo has petroleum. It's now I believe 9ja is blessed.

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Beaf: 1:24am On May 08, 2012
Paul John: Seriously?! Ogun, lagos and ondo has petroleum. It's now I believe 9ja is blessed.

Nigeria will only be blessed when we all embrace resource control.

Without resource control, the oil fields in those areas will come to nothing until oil goes out of fashion as an energy source. As I said earlier, the quality of the oil makes it highly unattractive compared to the Niger Delta with its high quality oil (which explains why there is no oil industry development in the SW). The big oil companies will not invest because of the astronomic costs involved.

However, with resource control, the people can turn even sand into gold. Canada is making a killing with its low quality tar sands, so Ogun, Ondo and Lagos can do the same; but that will never happen as long as there is free, easy money flowing from Abuja; the people need to own the resource for it to be developed. The FG has already taken the right steps by signing deals with Canadian companies for oil prospecting in those areas, but it is left to the indigenes to see that with the way Nigeria is structured, their dreams will only turn to dust. They must own the resource to drive its development.

Resource Control. cool

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Desola(f): 2:12am On May 08, 2012
May this never come to fruition. Anything that would keep Nigeria one and give it longevity would never come to pass. Oodua land have to be freed from the presence of Nigeria. Federalism now or we go our own way. Thanks, but no thanks, jonasatan. Carry your refinery go yenagoa.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 2:46am On May 08, 2012
mimifonwon: no offense but if i must say, now is the best time for nigeria to separate, now that the north and southwest have their own oil. The main reason nigeria wanted to keep biafra in nigeria was because of the oil. Even though i am mixed with three main tribes, I dont believe in one nigeria.

You are such an idiotic parasite! Is the oil in SS or SE? Why are you attaching your barren land in the SE to the SS? Stand on your own and stop claiming other regions oil wealth. Idiot oshi, shameless ode!

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by PaulJohn1: 3:25am On May 08, 2012
Thanks beaf man, I think it's time we start praticing true federalism in this country of ours. Then, states will look inward and find out what they've got.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jonabee(m): 4:09am On May 08, 2012
jajajaja828: goodluck dont even kw his left from his right. he is a dunce, he is a slow learner. i hope he is not among d FG that approve d refinery. if child goodluck approve 5 refinery, what of warri, ph, kaduna, ph 2. if this story is true, that means he is capable to be a president.

The areas you mentioned here bare torn apart by war and militancy. Better we build refineries where we have peace and unhindered economic flow. I love you my geeat and highly detribalized president. Those criticizing you unjustly and for the sake of mere criticism should go hug transformer.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by jonabee(m): 4:11am On May 08, 2012
jajajaja828: goodluck dont even kw his left from his right. he is a dunce, he is a slow learner. i hope he is not among d FG that approve d refinery. if child goodluck approve 5 refinery, what of warri, ph, kaduna, ph 2. if this story is true, that means he is capable to be a president.

The areas you mentioned are torn apart by war and militancy. Better we build refineries where we have peace and unhindered economic flow. I love you my great and highly detribalized president. Those criticizing you unjustly and for the sake of mere criticism should go hug transformer.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by WhoIGoAsk: 5:21am On May 08, 2012
5 in Ogun? Why not spread it for security reasons
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by abY2: 5:31am On May 08, 2012
i pray they build it o,at least we the people of the state would hv a lot to benefit e.g jobs
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 5:53am On May 08, 2012
@ HNosegbe, I don't think nearness to market is an important criterion for siting a refinery.Its transportation can easily be routed anywhere it is desired.The most important factor is the ubiquity of crude,shikena
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Moralistli(m): 6:01am On May 08, 2012
New Dimension......i said it ,,,,,,How many refinery do they have in Niger Delta where the crude oil is?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by zuchyblink(m): 6:50am On May 08, 2012
I can see baba's hand in this,GEJ be like barbers chair;anywhere wey u wan push am u go push am
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by javederic(m): 7:08am On May 08, 2012
I’ve just lately began a site, the knowledge you provide on this forum has helped me in my work. Thanks for your entire time & work.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by JW214: 7:16am On May 08, 2012
Refinery in Ipokia LGA in Ogun:Very good idea.Cheap factors of production, Nearness to good market_ Lagos, then gateway to Rep of Benin(encourage smuggling through our porus boarder)

So what happened to the smugglers who ran into the Governor's convoy?

I wish this "transformation idea" turns a reality soon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo PDP Endorses Mimiko, Expels Agagu, Others / Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates His Mother's 90th Birthday (Photos) / Ambode’s Supporters Stage Solidarity March For Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.