Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State (17800 Views)

FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / Pictures Of Illegal Oil Refineries In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Mcleo007(m): 7:28am On May 08, 2012
mikolo80: IGNORANCE IS BLISS.UNA NO SABI SAY PORTABLE I PASS MY NEIGHBOUR REFINERY DE BA.FROM 600BARRELS PER DAY MODULAR REFINERIES UP TO 100-300K BARRELS.TRY AND READ MORE BEFORE TALKIN LIKE UNEDUCATED PPL.MAKE UNA NO FALL OUR HAND O COS E GO SOON REACH UNA

Help me inform them oooo.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by edicolove: 7:37am On May 08, 2012
anishe: This GEJ govt. is the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria! does he has a thinking head at all?

Why are some of you so stup1d! Did you not read that the statement is from the Ogun state government? Is GEJ now the governor of Ogun state? Why can't you direct your questions to Ogun state since they are the ones celebrating the move instead of coming here to display your hate. You know too much bad belle can lead to disease? Nonsense coconut head!
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by bakila: 7:39am On May 08, 2012
gbogboti: grin grin grin grin grin grin Yoruba is @ it again. Yoruba-Yoruba wan build 5 refineries for 1 state. Thank God say this oil no dey some lands o. Some of us for hear am. I swear if to say the oil wey dey Niger Delta dey for North, naija for done divide. If to say na for West e dey, Yoruba for they abuse us all the days of our lives. Wonders indeed shall never die.
If na for wana land nko
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by conyema12(m): 7:48am On May 08, 2012
I Love politics, GEJ wants to use that strategy to win the south western vote come 2015, he certainly knows he has the south south and south east vote to himself... That is pure politics
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by edicolove: 7:52am On May 08, 2012
alj harem: Later if Westerners protest, these iddeiots would call us names

What is the sense in building 5 refineries in one state ?

Already couple with the already existing ones it would be 9 refinery in Nigeria

Lets think here, A country like Nigeria having more than 5 refinery is a total waste

1. Build 1 refinery in Ogun/Ondo axis

2. Build 3 refinery in the Niger-delta

3. Build 1 in Anambra given the oil discovery in the state

4. repair the kaduna refinery

That is all we need in the oil sector couple with some transparency.

Trust me, Nigerians don't need to suffer.

anishe: This GEJ govt. is the worst thing that has happened to Nigeria! does he has a thinking head at all?

Why are you so hateful! Did you not read that the statement is from the Ogun state government? Is he not one of your western governors? Is GEJ now the governor of Ogun state? Why can't you direct your questions to Ogun state since they are the ones celebrating the move instead of coming here to display your hate. You know too much bad belle can lead to disease? Nonsense coconut head!
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by adefash(m): 8:02am On May 08, 2012
jason123:

I thought it was heavy oil?! Well, thats good for the state.

grin. I think God has bless the entire south!
Do u tink gej has time for that now?
are dey sure it is not grandnut oil they discovered there. this cant be a blessing because the lands that have been producing the bulk of 9ja's oil are wallowing in abject "poor-verty"
gej aproved such a number of refineries in a stae closer to boarder? to enhance buckery? tis our government is capital letter sick
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by MrEverest(m): 8:08am On May 08, 2012
Dea is crass display of ignorance goin on in dis thread. The 5 refineries FG/Ogun state proposed is nt d conventional ones we knw. Ogun state does nt hav oil, what it n oda SW states has is BITUMEN, mainly used in road construction, although these bitumen(heavy oil tar) cn b refined into crude oil as is done in Canada n with coal in S.Africa bt however, its very costly n high tech. 2 me, Amosun is playin to d gallery, y nt they build 1 first as a pilot scheme, Dis is cheap political talk a la Nigerian style.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by AustineE1: 8:08am On May 08, 2012
What i understand is that GEJ has approved the building of 5 private refineries in Ogun state and not neccessarily been built by the federal govt,just like having private investors who are willing to build ten universities in a state,is only left for the investors to do feasibility studies & see if its viable!All GEJ has to do is to give the neccessary assistance,like tax wavers,enabling environment, removing unneccessary govt bureaucratic bottle-neck and then both during the contructn and when it starts working,nigerian youths will by employed and we will be better for it!BTW i heard Orient refinery in Anambra state,directly and indirectly has the capacity of employing thousands of youths,which is an avenue for youths empowermnt!this is nt a burden of the federal govt,these private institutns are showing confidence in the Nigerian state and this is so cos GEJ has assembled the best economic team,with tenacity of purpose to move Nigeria forward!

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Aigirl(f): 8:12am On May 08, 2012
5 refineries in one state...whts d cost of setin-up&d cost of fixin d old ones? 9jan politicians stop deceivn urselfs..ure only makin mockery of urselves,nt d public.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by cerruti(m): 8:13am On May 08, 2012
cantell:
Laugh wan kill me die!

Dem me turn electric to candle ....Government Magic
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Funkymallam(m): 8:15am On May 08, 2012
alj harem: Later if Westerners protest, these iddeiots would call us names

What is the sense in building 5 refineries in one state ?

Already couple with the already existing ones it would be 9 refinery in Nigeria

Lets think here, A country like Nigeria having more than 5 refinery is a total waste

1. Build 1 refinery in Ogun/Ondo axis

2. Build 3 refinery in the Niger-delta

3. Build 1 in Anambra given the oil discovery in the state

4. repair the kaduna refinery

That is all we need in the oil sector couple with some transparency.

Trust me, Nigerians don't need to suffer.

Is reading or comprehending ur problem?

The FG approve the building of 5 refineries in Ogun and NOT the FG building 5 refineries.

Also, according to Gov. Amosun, over 400 companies have indicated interest to invest in d refineries in the state, what have GEJ or the FG got to do with that?

3 Likes

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by shagaman: 8:19am On May 08, 2012
The gov of Ogun state should stop all this his world tour or local govt council tours and concentrate on the job at hand,the roads in ogun-state are so so bad,from Ijoko to berger ,inside ogun state sef,all these politicians sef,i wonder when people praise govt when they promised refineries,refineries that would not see the end of day...Bunch of unserious people.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Funkymallam(m): 8:19am On May 08, 2012
alj harem:
The iddeeiot is not ND but Igbo

How do u knw his identity in an anonymous forum?

Ur quesr of always instigating tribal wars on nairaland btw igbos n yorubas knows no bound.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 8:21am On May 08, 2012
mimifonwon: no offense but if i must say, now is the best time for nigeria to separate, now that the north and southwest have their own oil. The main reason nigeria wanted to keep biafra in nigeria was because of the oil. Even though i am mixed with three main tribes, I dont believe in one nigeria.

mumu.. How many oil is in biafra? 70% oil comes frm south south
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Funkymallam(m): 8:22am On May 08, 2012
Martini101: . My sister. See me see wahala oh! These people do not even know when they lie any longer. Can U beat d contrast! Naija politicians re getting dumber by d minute.

The FG is not building any refinery but approved for provate companies. Read the article properly.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 8:25am On May 08, 2012
Beaf:

Nigeria will only be blessed when we all embrace resource control.

Without resource control, the oil fields in those areas will come to nothing until oil goes out of fashion as an energy source. As I said earlier, the quality of the oil makes it highly unattractive compared to the Niger Delta with its high quality oil (which explains why there is no oil industry development in the SW). The big oil companies will not invest because of the astronomic costs involved.

However, with resource control, the people can turn even sand into gold. Canada is making a killing with its low quality tar sands, so Ogun, Ondo and Lagos can do the same; but that will never happen as long as there is free, easy money flowing from Abuja; the people need to own the resource for it to be developed. The FG has already taken the right steps by signing deals with Canadian companies for oil prospecting in those areas, but it is left to the indigenes to see that with the way Nigeria is structured, their dreams will only turn to dust. They must own the resource to drive its development.

Resource Control. cool
how did u know oil from ogun is of low quality? sad
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 8:27am On May 08, 2012
engineerd:

You are such an idiotic parasite! Is the oil in SS or SE? Why are you attaching your barren land in the SE to the SS? Stand on your own and stop claiming other regions oil wealth. Idiot oshi, shameless ode!

lol dnt mind that stupiid parasite
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Funkymallam(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2012
Desola: May this never come to fruition. Anything that would keep Nigeria one and give it longevity would never come to pass. Oodua land have to be freed from the presence of Nigeria. Federalism now or we go our own way. Thanks, but no thanks, jonasatan. Carry your refinery go yenagoa.

Look @ whar hate has turned u into!

FG is not building any refinery but giving approval for private companies to set up some.

Nxt time try to read n understand n not showing off ur ignorance in a public forum.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 8:32am On May 08, 2012
conyema12: I Love politics, GEJ wants to use that strategy to win the south western vote come 2015, he certainly knows he has the south south and south east vote to himself... That is pure politics
uhmm u look at it at a nice point of view...
Coz the yorubas really mean that man o
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by drnoel: 8:33am On May 08, 2012
looks like the whole country is sitting on a very large Oil field grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by amosy007: 8:39am On May 08, 2012
Mr Everest: Dea is crass display of ignorance goin on in dis thread. The 5 refineries FG/Ogun state proposed is nt d conventional ones we knw. Ogun state does nt hav oil, what it n oda SW states has is BITUMEN, mainly used in road construction, although these bitumen(heavy oil tar) cn b refined into crude oil as is done in Canada n with coal in S.Africa bt however, its very costly n high tech. 2 me, Amosun is playin to d gallery, y nt they build 1 first as a pilot scheme, Dis is cheap political talk a la Nigerian style.

mumu! ogun didnt have oil and fg just decide to build refinery there for nothing! Why cant u just make use of google and do sum research b4 postin rubbish into a forum with many intellect...small time u will come and tell us edo and bayelsa didnt have oil or its sub standard
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Nobody: 8:50am On May 08, 2012
Truly,if the refineries are built,it will boost the economy of the SW states,the people will also commend GEJ for the refineries built(this is the clue that GEJ is contesting come 2015),the man is trying to do something to win the vote of the people,i hope the people are wise enough sha.BUT is 5 not too much for a state,2 is enough nau?
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by AustineE1: 8:53am On May 08, 2012
amosy007:

mumu.. How many oil is in biafra? 70% oil comes frm south south
why are some people so agitated whenever the issue of biafra comes up!people on this forum has been shouting odua republic and no coments were heard but once is biafra,all serial sadists on this forum will show their unbridled fury!...is someone snoring here!
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by coolted(m): 9:37am On May 08, 2012
I do hope this would b a public private partnership.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by Isaactop9(m): 9:49am On May 08, 2012
this is pure politics what amount of oil deposit will justify the building of five refinaries in that state. Is it dat the oil deposit is more than that in some south-south state? This is rubbish angry angry
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by otus4me(m): 9:51am On May 08, 2012
What i can say to this is dat it's gud we have enough refineries bt 5 in a state is just too much. I think this is all abt OBJ or baba iyabo's politics and policy.ondo state has more oil i mean crude oil than ogun state and GEJ, can't even build one in ondo state. Guys wise up, i call this godfatherism.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by otus4me(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2012
edicolove:

Why are some of you so stup1d! Did you not read that the statement is from the Ogun state government? Is GEJ now the governor of Ogun state? Why can't you direct your questions to Ogun state since they are the ones celebrating the move instead of coming here to display your hate. You know too much bad belle can lead to disease? Nonsense coconut head!
you are a brilliant fool. So u re telling me it's ogun state project and not federal govt project.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by awilologomba(f): 9:58am On May 08, 2012
Construction of refineries in ogun state will start 2045,our leaderd are not tired of telling the masses lies.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2012
edicolove:

Why are you so hateful! Did you not read that the statement is from the Ogun state government? Is he not one of your western governors? Is GEJ now the governor of Ogun state? Why can't you direct your questions to Ogun state since they are the ones celebrating the move instead of coming here to display your hate. You know too much bad belle can lead to disease? Nonsense coconut head!

Gerrout jor, see this man

Where have I said GEJ government is the worst ? You must be blind or misread things

GEJ is certainly not the worst and certainly not the best so shut up

Maybe you need to digest my post before commenting
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 10:09am On May 08, 2012
Funkymallam:

How do u knw his identity in an anonymous forum?

Ur quesr of always instigating tribal wars on nairaland btw igbos n yorubas knows no bound.

funkymallam don't make me angry

so you did not see the comment the person quoted as tribalistic rather than it is mine ? Abeg leave me angry angry angry

Abokina bibiyi angry be fair
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by aljharem(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2012
@ Edicolove and other PDP goons please and Please comprehend my post before commenting, if you do not understand ask questions

1. I am not a GEJ hater so stop this illusion of making me an anti-GEJ man. I have praised him a couple of times on this forum.

2. Yes I am an anti-corrupt government Man. I have condemned almost all government offical and I never (I watch what I type) Never !!! condemn GEJ alone or try to belittle his government so stop this annoying pathetic mentality.

3. Every single government in the history of Nigeria an indeed the world has been constructively criticised one way or the other. Stop crying over GEJ each time some criticise him. Either you also constructively criticise the critic or move on. All this silly words like "hater" this etc make you all either look silly or paid.

4. It is only in Nigeria some people would never see anything wrong with her government even though the country is as bad a third world country. More like they prefer it the way it is.
Re: FG Approves The Building Of 5 Refineries In Ogun State by noiseless: 10:36am On May 08, 2012
Congratulations Yorubas, now i don't see any reason the resource control campaigne or true federalism should be sabotaged by the Yorubas any more. Whether it is heavy oil or light oil, you are still better off than nothing but only if the bright mind in your land can see it. ONCE AGAIN TRUE FEDERALISM IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Visit Yola, Adamawa State (Photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates His Mother's 90th Birthday (Photos) / N8b Bailout Fund: Why We’re Probing Okorocha – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.