Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (22156 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 11:27pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

That is because Ojuku annexed part of nigeria into Biafra.

What are places like Portharcourt, Bayelsa, Akwa-Ibom Cross rivers doing in ojukus Biafra and to make matters worse he annexed the mid west and threatened the SW.

that was when he bit more than he could chew and he was duly and properly beaten into a pulp by the ever capable BLACK SCORPION Benjamin Adekunle

hahahah Yoruba people and the half baked free education ara-wolowo gave them

so this is what they taught you in amala grammar school in ile ife?

Upper PH is igbo, while riverside PH is okirika and the rest, so because i am from delta state (former mid west) i should say i am not igbo?

Igbos did not force akwa ibom nor cross river to join biafra...go and ask effiong if dem force am...eediiiot

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2012
mimifonwon:

Would you stay in a country that stole and maltreated your people if you could do something about it. Igbo land was the last to be conquered by the british because they resisted the unity called nigeria. So for Ojukwu to ask nigeria to let his people go, I dont think it was wrong. The reason Nigeria wanted the igbos to stay in Nigeria is because the area called biafra contained the oil, which Nigeria desperately needed to keep.

Abegi, comot fo road mak i see beta jo! Na only today the northerners don dey slaughter igbos like eran ileya?

They killed igbos in 1945 and repeated the feat again in 1953 yet you igbos still chose to stay in the same country with the

northerners.
Infact, its on record that you igbos were falling over yourselves to be in the same country as your erstwhile

persecutors. So much so that you igbos were even prepared to make further concession by delaying your self-rule date to when the

northerners says they are ready. wow!!!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:29pm On May 08, 2012
igbo boy:

hahahah Yoruba people and the half baked free education ara-wolowo gave them

so this is what they taught you in amala grammar school in ile ife?

Upper PH is igbo, while riverside PH is okirika and the rest, so because i am from delta state (former mid west) i should say i am not igbo?

Igbos did not force akwa ibom nor cross river to join biafra...go and ask effiong if dem force am...eediiiot

Wont it be better if you go to your shop in Alaba and sell markate?

How come ppl like Saro wiwa and Adaka boro were against Biafra.

You can say whatever you want about where you are from Biafra invaded Benin what part of benin is related to Ibo,?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 11:30pm On May 08, 2012
T9ksy:

Abegi, comot fo road mak i see beta jo! Na only today the northerners don dey slaughter igbos like eran ileya?

They killed igbos in 1945 and repeated the feat again in 1953 yet you igbos still chose to stay in the same country with the

northerners.
Infact, its on record that you igbos were falling over yourselves to be in the same country as your erstwhile

persecutors. So much so that you igbos were even prepared to make further concession by delaying your self-rule date to when the

obele nwa biko ga soro ndi ibe gi ga gwe gwu...
akuko nka bu nke ndi okorobia na okenye na ndi agadi nwoke so zuzu eba puo

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On May 08, 2012
T9ksy:

northerners.

Awolowo chose self rule, Bello choose to stay together, The tie breaker, the greedy Azikwe choose to follow his Hausa masters despite the widely reported Ibo annual barbecue always performed in the North

No wonder no one takes ibo seriously

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On May 08, 2012
igbo boy: obele nwa biko ga soro ndi ibe gi ga gwe gwu...

So to speak small English don turn work for you now. Omo nna?

Better go your oga shop and sell markate

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:34pm On May 08, 2012
Arysexy:
am not suprised u are a Yoruba, same fate befell mko, when ur coward pple gingered him to declare himself president and d outcome was that d whole Yoruba race caused heavy traffik at seme border trying to escape while mko was left to suffer alone, smh!

have you found out the victia secret G-string Ojuku wore when disguising to escape to Abidjan after he was pummeled by Black Scorpion

The trauma of those days turned Ojuku to a vegetable before he died deaf and dumb while his wife Biancar became the village bicycle

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by chagga(m): 11:37pm On May 08, 2012
Yt
igbo boy:

we dont need no apology from any of you.

However, gowon needs to apologize to the Plateau people and middle belters for the stupid union he made them join...see them as sacrificial lambs in their so call
ed arewa republic....hahahahahha
did Gowon creat Nigeria? He was only trying to keep a country he was the president of together. Go n read your history books . The 1st coup led by Igbo Officer prepared the road 4 the war. Northerner and westerner( Nationalist) were killed and that was the Genesis. U people should pointing fingers @ the wrong direction

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by kasiem(m): 11:39pm On May 08, 2012
[quote
author=dayokanu]

The prof in kano jumping fence, Thats his own business. The topic is
about how Gowon exposed the coward and greedy liar called ojuku.

No wonder he fled to abidjan in the middle of the night

Go and read Efiongs piece about Ojuku[/quote] ain't expecting anything from u, cos if u there revolt or say any bad thing, u'l finish the rest of d story from benin republic. atleast, we could remember how the likes of soyinka, tinubu etc jumped nigeria's border. i hear say dem don bomb lagos, na true? abeg, nor talk anything before yawa go gas for ur head.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:43pm On May 08, 2012
chagga: Yt did Gowon creat Nigeria? He was only trying to keep a country he was the president of together. Go n read your history books . The 1st coup led by Igbo Officer prepared the road 4 the war. Northerner and westerner( Nationalist) were killed and that was the Genesis. U people should pointing fingers @ the wrong direction

Let the Ibos continue whining

How many of them have laid the blame at the feet of the useless Ifeajunas, Nwobosis and co who went to murder politicians and their wives in their bedroom.

Thank God for the life of Black Scorpion who wasted them likewise in the ratio 1 for 10,000

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by coolguy2002: 11:44pm On May 08, 2012
ok politics for them
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:46pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

have you found out the victia secret G-string Ojuku wore when disguising to escape to Abidjan after he was pummeled by Black Scorpion

The trauma of those days turned Ojuku to a vegetable before he died deaf and dumb while his wife Biancar became the village bicycle

Yes I saw the G-string in Tinubu’s wardrobe; he wore the pink colour on his way to UK via seme border bush path.

…..and I also discovered that mama Awo is Odua nation’s kekenapepe , she services every politician with her old dry poosieh

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by mimifonwon(f): 11:46pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

The people of PH have several times denied that they are not Ibos, Why do you think most PH people supported the federal govt during the war?

Go and research what roles Saro-Wiwa and Adaka Boro played during the war. They were all against Biafra but Ojuku forcefully annexed them.

Now tell us why ojuku annexed Mid west and the SW? Are they also historically ibos?

Do people of Bakassi speak Ibo or how are they part of Iboland?

You need to read your history books, I dont have time to reiterate unbiased history of nigeria for you. Read the ones prior to independence for nigeria to understand the formation of nigeria geographically. Second PH people never sided the gov of nigeria that is where you are lying, because the first capital of biafra before it moved after ph was captured during the war is ph. Secondly the only reason the lost people claim they are not igbo, yet speak an igbo dialect, have their traditions,Gods, etc, is something called politics. They do it because they know that most southwest and north would never let an igbo man rule nigeria for fear of him creating his own country. thirdly saro-wiwa and adaka boro are two individuals who were not the chiefs of their lands. Many igbos didnt want the war, but they werent the mass. ojukwu while carving biafra never put sw in the equation, yall were asked to join and you refused- we the yorubas refused. As for midwest their leaders agreed to biafra. Go to oxford university and read books on biafra, then you will understand the essence of what happened during the war. I am done with discussing this issue with you, but if southern sudan can leave sudan, biafrans have the right to leave the nigerian union. Your misinterpretation on the history of the war and nigeria is the reason I hope nigeria have a dialogue on these issues, because this is the open wound that his still helping rot nigeria, ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:48pm On May 08, 2012
dayokanu:

The prof in kano jumping fence, Thats his own business. The topic is about how Gowon exposed the coward and greedy liar called ojuku.

No wonder he fled to abidjan in the middle of the night

Go and read Efiongs piece about Ojuku

.....And Awo the toad ended his miserable life with shots of otapiapia after the cowardly Jakande sold him out to IBB for ten shillings.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On May 08, 2012
mimifonwon:

You need to read your history books, I dont have time to reiterate unbiased history of nigeria for you. Read the ones prior to independence for nigeria to understand the formation of nigeria geographically. Second PH people never sided the gov of nigeria that is where you are lying, because the first capital of biafra before it moved after ph was captured during the war is ph. Secondly the only reason the lost people claim they are not igbo, yet speak an igbo dialect, have their traditions,Gods, etc, is something called politics. They do it because they know that most southwest and north would never let an igbo man rule nigeria for fear of him creating his own country. thirdly saro-wiwa and adaka boro are two individuals who were not the chiefs of their lands. Many igbos didnt want the war, but they werent the mass. ojukwu while carving biafra never put sw in the equation, yall were asked to join and you refused- we the yorubas refused. As for midwest their leaders agreed to biafra. Go to oxford university and read books on biafra, then you will understand the essence of what happened during the war. I am done with discussing this issue with you, but if southern sudan can leave sudan, biafrans have the right to leave the nigerian union. Your misinterpretation on the history of the war and nigeria is the reason I hope nigeria have a dialogue on these issues, because this is the open wound that his still helping rot nigeria, ignorance.

Which Midwest leader agreed to join Biafra please enlighten us

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:49pm On May 08, 2012
igbo boy:

typical yorobaman always not trying to be his brothers keepers,

[size=18pt]Thats why ara-wolowo ate rat poison and died because when he was being hounded by the nigerian govt his kinsmen turned the other cheek....
[/size]
i feel bad for ara-wolowo chai...

you dey mind the cowards tongue
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by bakila: 11:49pm On May 08, 2012
The bigots have reported and at work. Non nigerians have begin to show themselve the money stealing arm of boko haram have shown their hand. All illegal aliens should leave nairaland. NOW!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:50pm On May 08, 2012
When Biafra's military resistance collapsed, [size=28pt]Ojukwu fled to Côte d'Ivoire[/size].

Efiong assumed leadership in this situation of turmoil, starvation, and collapse. He became Head of State of Biafra on 8 January 1970 and on 12 January announced surrender.[1]

At the time of the surrender, Efiong believed that the situation was hopeless and that prolonging the conflict would have led only to the further destruction and starvation of the people of Biafra. At that time Effiong said, "I am convinced now that a stop must be put to the bloodshed which is going on as a result of the war. I am also convinced that the suffering of our people must be brought to an immediate end."[1]

Nnaemeka L. Aneke wrote, "General Efiong’s handling of Biafra’s surrender is one of the most tactical and devoted maneuvers ever seen on the Nigerian scene. Those who do not appreciate the depth of it may not have appreciated what was at stake as Biafra capitulated."[2] Many observers had expected wholesale retribution at war's end.
[edit]

Later life

In a 1996 interview, Efiong reflected on those events:

I have no regrets whatsoever of my involvement in Biafra or the role I played. The war deprived me of my property, dignity, my name. Yet, I saved so many souls on both sides and by this, I mean Biafra and Nigeria. . . .

I felt that I played a role which has kept this country united till today. . . .

At the end of it all when I saw they (Biafran soldiers) could no longer continue and [size=28pt]Ojukwu had fled[/size], I did what was ideal after wide consultation . . . [2]

Efiong died 6 November 2003, at the age of 78 less than two weeks before his 79th birthday.

The b1nch fled the war front and left the populace to die

What a shame to war generals

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:51pm On May 08, 2012
mimifonwon:

dude i dont think you understand. PH is part of igbo land by tradition. Just because the british changed the name from original igbo name dont make it part of nigeria, okay. Know ya history. Indidgenes of Akwa ibom, cross river and igbos have always had a brother sister relationship and by default is part of biafra. so what are you talking about,As a yoruba woman by father, I will tell you that even till today my grandfather who was in the army regrets his actions during the war. He says that if they had sided with the igbos, and left nigeria, maybe even form their own country,that things would have been better. And if you didnt know what is southern Cameroon aka the bakasi peninsula, used to be part of igbo land. so know ya history before you spill nonsense. P.S. LAGos is not a yoruba land, it belongs to benin people by traditions.

GBAM

you can say that again....
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 11:51pm On May 08, 2012
igbo boy:

obele nwa biko ga soro ndi ibe gi ga gwe gwu...

Yeah, i know. Truth hurts but i didn't expect this to have such a devastating effect on your communication

skills. Never mind, you will soon get over it but in the meanwhile, take a chill pill.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:52pm On May 08, 2012
Arysexy:

am not suprised u are a Yoruba, same fate befell mko, when ur coward pple gingered him to declare himself president and d outcome was that d whole Yoruba race caused heavy traffik at seme border trying to escape while mko was left to suffer alone, smh!

Abiola was hounded and killed by Hausa Fulani like a street urchin…it really sucks to be Iyoroba.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by AbdulAdam56(m): 11:57pm On May 08, 2012
gowon talk true,dnt blame him.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:58pm On May 08, 2012
The senile mofo is a walking corpse; his miserable life is in total shambles
…….Jos is boiling and his people re being killed by those that used them against Biafra…what an irony tongue

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by kasiem(m): 11:58pm On May 08, 2012
[quote
author=dayokanu]

How many of them have laid the blame at the feet of the useless
Ifeajunas, Nwobosis and co who went to murder politicians and their
wives in their bedroom.

Thank God for the life of Black Scorpion who wasted them likewise in the
ratio 1 for 10,000[/quote] u guys should be greatful to world powers.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On May 08, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

Abiola was hounded and killed by Hausa Fulani like a street urchin…it really sucks to be Iyoroba.

Have you forgotten Ojuku died lonely , deaf and dumb rejected by his own people when he contested elections, rejected on his death bead and people celebrated the death of ike-eba wuruwuru

When I visited London, I went to the hospital where he was admitted. His chief- of- staff was with him and I was told upon entering the ward that I should just hold his hand and speak; that he could hear but he could not talk. I held his hand and greeted him, “Gburugburu,” that is Igwe of Igbo Land. He was a very good Catholic. I told him that he had suffered for the Igbo and that our mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary would take very good care of him.

I spoke to him, encouraged him but to tell you the truth, I was not happy at all with his situation. There was a Philipino nurse taking care of him, and his daughter was also there with him. They were the only two people with him in that ward. I told the daughter that as she was taking care of her father, that our Lord would bless her and that her own children would pay her back by taking good care of her. Then, I left the hospital and since then, I have been saying Novena Mass for him so that our good Lord would take good care of him.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 11:59pm On May 08, 2012
mimifonwon:

+1000000

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 12:00am On May 09, 2012
kasiem: u guys should be greatful to world powers.

You guys should be grateful to Gowon who stopped Adekunle from making your people extinct.

If not for Gowon you would have been reading about Ibos in history books just the way you read about Dinosaurs

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by CyberG: 12:02am On May 09, 2012
This is ONE funny thread! It's the same old story but I see some newbies here talking like they know a story they have no clue about e.g. Mimifowon. Look, I suggest you clear your mind and read the sequence of events carefully and you don't even need to go to Oxford library.

In the end, Gowon and Ojukwu have done their bit in their 30s and it is time to move on. Let me quickly point out though that if you fight someone and he wallops you hard so much that you surrendered and he graciously decides not to claim his clearly deserved victory, he may be anything BUT never a COWARD. Just a thought!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:03am On May 09, 2012
@classicalman u wil c wat wil happen 2 u ,u dnt hav 2 insult our prophet nd our religon,bad luck wil follow u dis month
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On May 09, 2012
CyberG: Let me quickly point out though that if you fight someone and he wallops you hard so much that you surrendered and he graciously decides not to claim his clearly deserved victory, he may be anything BUT never a COWARD. Just a thought!

I think its something in the Ibo vocabulary.

When someone whoops the shiit out of you, he is called a coward

But when a warlord and leader of his people flees warfront and finds solace in Abidjan he is called ahero

LOL

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by EkwyOmalicha: 12:06am On May 09, 2012
dayokanu:

How many of them have laid the blame at the feet of the useless Ifeajunas, Nwobosis and co who went to murder politicians and their wives in their bedroom.

Thank God for the life of Black Scorpion who wasted them likewise in the ratio 1 for 10,000

Adenkunle is living a life full of miseries and regrets …the mofo is a wasted shi.t tongue

in his own words

Personally, now and for some time I feel so ashamed to have killed people to sustain the unity of Nigeria. I feel so sad to have shed blood for the unity of Nigeria. While some of us were dying in the battle field for the restoration of Nigeria as one country, some people have their eagle eyes on one particular subject oil, the live wire of the economy, the new fulcrum or pendulum of power. While we fought for one country, some people have been reaping where they did not sow. They have been reaping from bogus population figures fashioned to suit their selfish purposes

----------Adekunle

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by AbdulAdam56(m): 12:09am On May 09, 2012
classicalmam ur life wil turn into calamity,dnt dis respect our prophet,dis month wil be harder 4u,insha allah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Saraki Visits Governor Wike / Attacks Not Xenophobic, 89 Nigerians Killed Since 2017 - South Africa / Covid-19: We Have Not Received A Kobo From Private Donations – Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.