Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (22155 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by yonybanta(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2012
FrenchyL: It is too late for that now Sir. Nothing can change now.
Whether you accept Gowon's appology or not does not change anything. Ojukwu was clamouring for his brother to be the next head of state when Ironsi was killed, 4goten d@ is not alway about the must senior military officer who succeeds another. Gen. Usein senior Gen. Abdusalami bt could nt tek over from Abacha. Remember that even if Ojukwu created Biafra nation, the south-south wouldn't have agreed to stay with south-east. So that was needless fight & its needles 4 any of us to consider Gowon at fault.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by jpphilips(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2012
Dede1:

Of course, coup plotters usually chose among themselves who will lead. The fact remains Gowon had lied through his teeth that he was not a member of the coup plotters yet the evidence proves otherwise, olodo.

Act of precipitating coup is never legal and honorable act among discipline soldiers. Ojukwu opposed Gowon because Gowon and his clique of undisciplined soldiers from northern region were illegal.

to what length and at whose expense? are you ok? opposed Gowon to the tune of over 2million lives (men, women and children)? where his life remain sacred for Ivorian women abi?
you are a VAMPIRE
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by noiseless: 6:53pm On May 09, 2012
Well no need asking you to quit doing what you do best, but it's clear whose life is hate filled here.
emmke: Oko. I responded only after your eternally hate-filled disrespectful brothers brought my people into the discourse. Like the hypocrite that you are, you conveniently overlooked that. Btw, an okoro man is in no place to tell me which topic i comment on or don't.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Ngodigha: 7:37pm On May 09, 2012
Wily+Wily:

PROPHET OJUKWU (PEACE BE UPON HIM) and Moslem Prophet Mohammed, Who is Greater?
This is very debatable. While Awolowo drank a poisonous substance, Prof Mohammed died peacefully.
While Awolowo married only HIV Awolowo, the prophet married lots of women.
While the prophet had an army and fought wars, Awo was the reverse.
So who is greater between Awo and Mohammed?.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by IFEDILIEZE(m): 7:49pm On May 09, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] u fuckin bastard! Y didnt u say all dt trash when Ikemba was alive. It shows what a coward u r. U dnt need 2 apologise to d igbo kids u starved 2 death durin d war. The people of jos need ur apologies most. I'm sure ur fulani pleasin hell bound soul bleeds with anguish with every news of fulani attack on ur people of plateau state. The same fulanis u fought 2 please has become ur greatest nightmare.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 8:06pm On May 09, 2012
oduasolja:

u are a bleeping dummy. Nigeria started as a democracy , what happened to our democracy from which region did the officers that lead the first coup and murdered our prime minister and regional premiers and finance ministers and senior officers from other regions come from ? what was their ethnicity.

so if u want to talk of corruption and lawlessness start with the actions of your people the igbo officers.

stop spewing ur revisionist crap.

@Oduasolja:

you are stinking of ignorance. First of all the first coup planned in nigeria was by Awolowo for which he was jailed in 1963 for treason.
Secondly the wahala that caused the coup in 1966 was in the yoruba region. It was the lawlessness that started in the yoruba region in 1962
leading to the imposition of a state of emergency and then the first election rigging in 1964 and the violence, thuggery and arson that followed that led to the coup. If not for the lawlessness, election rigging, coup plotting by awolowo, violence, thuggery and arson which you yoruba apes introduced into nigeria then there would have been no need for a coup and the nation would have been better for it.

Yorubas started from day one of the first republic to be killing themselves and you should rather be grateful that the january 1966 coup rescued you apes from total self destruction.

So get your facts right before you write rubbish. You guys caused the problems that truncated the first republic and you should accept that responsibility rather than pushing the blame to those who reacted to the problems you caused. Bloody hypocrites.

It is no secret that not only did the yoruba introduce vices such as election rigging, thuggery and arson, Hausa-Yoruba constitute 90% of the federal looters that have destroyed the nation and consigned millions of people to poverty, mass emigration, mass unemployment, lack of basic infrastructure etc. So you owambe cockroaches should learn to keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by ak47mann(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2012
Kanto:

@Oduasolja:

you are stinking of ignorance. First of all the first coup planned in nigeria was by Awolowo for which he was jailed in 1963 for treason.
Secondly the wahala that caused the coup in 1966 was in the yoruba region. It was the lawlessness that started in the yoruba region in 1962
leading to the imposition of a state of emergency and then the first election rigging in 1964 and the violence, thuggery and arson that followed that led to the coup. If not for the lawlessness, election rigging, coup plotting by awolowo, violence, thuggery and arson which you yoruba apes introduced into nigeria then there would have been no need for a coup and the nation would have been better for it.

Yorubas started from day one of the first republic to be killing themselves and you should rather be grateful that the january 1966 coup rescued you apes from total self destruction.

So get your facts right before you write rubbish. You guys caused the problems that truncated the first republic and you should accept that responsibility rather than pushing the blame to those who reacted to the problems you caused. Bloody hypocrites.

It is no secret that not only did the yoruba introduce vices such as election rigging, thuggery and arson, Hausa-Yoruba constitute 90% of the federal looters that have destroyed the nation and consigned millions of people to poverty, mass emigration, mass unemployment, lack of basic infrastructure etc. So you owambe cockroaches should learn to keep quiet.
cool cool
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by mpumalanga: 8:19pm On May 09, 2012
Nigerians rejected due process and followed 'anything goes' on 25th july 1966.gowon became the symbol and other nigerians followed him shouting 'anything goes' or nothing and death to due process.The choice nigerians made brought them to where they are today as the laughing stock of Africa with the greatest number of educated men and women without conscience. Those saying that people must move on are jokers because you can not jump from 'anything goes' unto due process or from hate to cordiality.Nigeria is now a rubbish bin,and it is only those that knew the act of scavenging from 20pounds that can survive it more.Let the joke continue.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 8:28pm On May 09, 2012
jp philips:

i was glued to the last paragraphs of your post but the first made me puke, do you know that history is repeating itself again?
because ojukwu felt his ambition is superior to all and sundry that has accepted Gowon as president, he reneged, even when his intransigence is pushing the whole nation to mass division along ethnic lines, he cared less.
when his ambition degenerated to an arms struggle, he still didn't care because of what?

that same ambition, intransigence and love for power consumed over 2million lives in estimate yet, he didn't find the dignity of surrendering before Gen effiong came to our rescue, that is the height of insensitivity especially in a struggle that was clearly obvious he will lose.

let me ask you, do you think ojukwu will be asking for regional autonomy and confederation if he wasn't the Gov in the east? 12 states were created obviously he knows he might not be the Gov, to stay in power, he started pushing for regional autonomy to retain his domain of Governance.

Ojukwu an oxford historian is educated enough to realize that his Aburi demands was an act of war

liken it to our present Nigeria, Jonathan was selected to be the vice of yaradua under the same PDP quoter system, he didn't complain, he didn't refuse either, even when the whole, country would have been better off with donald duke.

ok, Yaradua dies, he completes his tenure and refuses the same PDP zoning that produced him to be applied simply because he was power hungry, that ambition alone and the retaliation of the north has cost this great nation over a thousand lives and counting, infrastructures worth billions are destroyed on daily basis because of the ambition of one man.

it didn't end there, the insensitivity,greed and power hunger of this same man is pushing him to come back in 2015, even when the country cut him a slack of a tenure and voted en masse for him, what a political jobber!!

obviously, the lives of Nigerians and biafrans meant nothing to Jonathan and ojukwu, what a shame!!
these are the Ninc0mp00ps you refer to as heroes, leaders etc.
shame on you, these men, are nothing but !d!ots in my books

@jp philips:

i actually enjoy the ignorance and cowardice of people like you because it stinks to high heavens: Have you ever heard the word the right to self defence? Well that was what Ojukwu exercised and he had the God given right to do so when his people was faced with a pogrom and gowon the head of state whose duty it is to protect lives and property did nothing about it. Even a goat, if you push it to the wall it will turn back and fight you. Gowon had no right to be talking of one nigeria when thousands of people were massacred under his watch. I know that typical cowards like you will rather surrender to be butchered rather than exercise your fundamental right and fight back. Ojukwu like a real man fought for self defence and the nigerian army payed dearly for almost 3 years to the extent that were all celebrating when the war ended.

My prayer for you is that your people should face genocide so that you can surrender yourselves without a fight to be butchered.

No tribe in nigeria can face a gang-up of the rest of nigeria like biafra did and survive even a week, if any of you can i challenge you to declare war and see how you will be crushed in less than one week. The yoruba owambe cockroaches will even run away like they did over june 12 before any war has started.

All through human history there have been countless wars fought by those who exercised the ultimate right to fight for self defence and what they beleive in and we are proud of the biafran war and the heroic resistance against a gang-up of 246 ethnic groups against a few and yet could not prevail for 3 years. it should be a lesson to those who want to learn.

At the end of the day ojukwu has been vindicated as the whole country is now crying to have a sovereign national conference. Today there is boko haram wanting to islamise the whole country. No matter how fools like you try to ignore the truth it is catching up with you by groups like boko haram and their islamisation agenda and even gowon knows the truth but is too ashamed to admit it.

This is just the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by oduasolja: 8:37pm On May 09, 2012
Kanto:

@Oduasolja:

you cunning igbos will always try to absolve yourself of responsibility even when caught red handed.
was the western region the only region in crisis. was it not the north/east federal govt coalition in your bid to undermine the action group opposition that created the rift in the party. first you split the western region , then u created an internal rift in the action group and then u later declared a state of emergency , just to undermine awolowo .

read awolowos response to your rubbish accusations and learn.

"I beg to move the following amendment to the motion already proposed by the Prime Minister:

"To delete all the words of the motion after - That - and substitute - "This honourable House declares that having regard to the provisions of Section 65 of the Constitution of the Federation of Nigeria a state of public emergency does not exist."

"May I draw the attention of hon. members to the provisions of Section 65 of our Constitution. It is not usual for members to read the constitution unless occasion such as this arises or some other incidents, which affect us occur. Section 65 reads:

"65(1) Parliament may at any time make sure laws for Nigeria or any part thereof with respect to matters not included in the legislative lists as may appear to parliament to be necessary or expedient for the purpose of maintaining or securing peace, order and good government during any period of emergency."

"The section 3 - (3) In this section "period of emergency" means any period during which (a) the federation is at war; (b) there is in force a resolution by each House of Parliament declaring that a state of public emergency exists; and (c) there is in force a resolution of each House of Parliament supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds of all the members of the House declaring that democratic institutions in Nigeria are threatened by subversion.

"That is the section, Mr. Speaker, and I hold the view very strongly - and that view is in no way shaken by the speech made by the Prime Minister that the step which the Federal Government now proposes is uncalled for and unwarranted.

"The first question which any reasonable person ought to ask himself is this. Is there a state of public emergency in the Western Region

That is the most important question, which the Prime Minister and the cabinet must ask themselves. I submit with great respect that a state of public emergency does not exist in Western Nigeria.
"Not long ago after independence, there was rioting of a most severe nature in the Tiv Division of Northern Nigeria. Several lives were lost, several properties were destroyed, there was arson and a host of other crimes were committed. At that time, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister as he is today. He did not think it fit to call this parliament to declare a state of public emergency in the Northern Region. Also in Okrika - there was widespread rioting in Okrika; again, several lives and properties were lost. I understand that this widespread rioting in Okrika occurred twice in the Eastern Region. The Prime Minister and the cabinet did not think it fit on that occasion to declare a state of public emergency in the Eastern Region.

"But, because the Action Group is pursuing the normal democratic processes as laid down in our constitution to oust someone who happens to be a very close friend of the Prime Minister, and also because the AG is looked upon as a moral foe to the NPC, this very far-reaching provision of our constitution is now being invoked, only in respect of what might be described as squabbles inside the chamber of the Western House of Assembly. It is doing violence to our constitution and doing violence to the construction of words to suggest that what happened in the Western House of Assembly amounts to a state of public emergency.

"I was present there myself, and when I left that chamber, those who were outside the chamber did not even know that anything was happening inside the chamber. Ibadan is peaceful - the whole of the Western Region is peaceful. It is true that the newspapers have been exaggerating the situation in the Western Region, the Prime Minister himself has lent his support to this exaggeration; he cancelled all his engagements - whether they existed or not I do not know, the governor-general was suddenly summoned back from his holiday in Nsukka to come to Lagos even when there was no deterioration in the situation in the Western Nigeria.

"I maintain that this is a calculated, premeditated attempt on the part of the Prime Minister and his cabinet to try, if they could, to castrate the AG, to disturb the welfare of the people of Western Nigeria who have always been looked upon as the foes of the NPC.

"May I say that I can understand the yearnings and the wishes of the NCNC and the stand of the NCNC in this matter. Every political party wants to be in power - we want to be in power here in the centre one day, and by the grace of God we will. But the NCNC wants, naturally, to fish in troubled waters. If I were in their shoes, I would think that no occasion is more favourable than now to have a dissolution of the legislature of the Western Region, because this dissolution now would mean a split in the votes of the Action Group. It might be that by such a split, they could sort of fluke in and form the government of Western Nigeria. In any case, whatever happened after that dissolution, the NCNC would not be any worse off than they were before, namely to be in the opposition - that is the worst that could happened to them. But there is a chance - the off-chance - that they may just manage to win.

"Therefore I can understand the action of the NCNC in this matter, because that is the party in opposition in the Western Region. The NPC has no foothold in the west, and it is doing its very best to find a foothold in the Western Region.

"There are a number of persons who call themselves NPC members for Ibadan, but they are by themselves, they have some following of a type among people who live in Mokola, Ibadan, that is to be understood; but the NPC as such has no following in the Western Region, and it is the NPC dominated Federal Government that now wants to impose its rule on the people of Western Nigeria, simply because there was what the prime minister called the uproar in the chamber of the Western House of Assembly - not an uproar in Ibadan as a whole; not an uproar even in Ogbomosho the home of Chief Akintola who is involved in this matter, not an uproar in Ijebu-Remo; not an uproar in Ikorodu; not an uproar anywhere in the Western Region. The prime minister thinks that this very far-reaching provision of the constitution should be invoked merely to save a friend!

"Secondly, what is a public emergency

continued
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/FedGovt/Federalism/emergency_rule/western_region_awolowo.html
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 8:41pm On May 09, 2012
lagcity: Why are Igbos insulting Gen. Gowon? It is because of Gowon's mercies that your parents made it to puberty. Gowon could have wiped you all out after the surrender. Igbos, pls stop this nonsense.

@lagcity:

Biafrans do not share the same world of cowardice with owambe cockroaches like you who run away before any war has even started. Go and ask your nigerian army wimps and they will tell you what they went through in biafra. They died like flies and were bogged down for 3 years inspite of all the weapons they had. Biafran soldiers dealt with them so much that they prayed for the war to end and were overjoyed when it ended.

War is not a tea party but a pathological coward like you will never know that because you will run before the fight. That is why june 12 came and all you ugly stinky owambe cockroaches fled into exile because you know that you will be crushed and smashed in just one week.Thankgod that your people choose to run because none of you typical bedwetting cowards would have survived beyond a week.

As for Gowon, he and his people are already endangered species and the next decade might not meet any of them alive. I dey laugh o!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by lagcity(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2012
^^^^
Sorry, bro. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But talk true, you people owe Gowon and Effiong.

Why the lies bro? MKO didn't run away. He declared himself president in Lagos and was arrested. Was he arrested in Cotonou? But the funny thing is that when Yorubas were being shot on the streets of Lagos, Igbos who had no cause to fear still ran away to the East. Una too dey fear I swear.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 8:53pm On May 09, 2012
oduasolja:

you cunning igbos will always try to absolve yourself of responsibility even when caught red handed.
was the western region the only region in crisis. was it not the north/east federal govt coalition in your bid to undermine the action group opposition that created the rift in the party. first you split the western region , then u created an internal rift in the action group and then u later declared a state of emergency , just to undermine awolowo .

read awolowos response to your rubbish accusations and learn.

"I beg to move the following amendment to the motion already proposed by the Prime Minister:

"To delete all the words of the motion after - That - and substitute - "This honourable House declares that having regard to the provisions of Section 65 of the Constitution of the Federation of Nigeria a state of public emergency does not exist."

"May I draw the attention of hon. members to the provisions of Section 65 of our Constitution. It is not usual for members to read the constitution unless occasion such as this arises or some other incidents, which affect us occur. Section 65 reads:

"65(1) Parliament may at any time make sure laws for Nigeria or any part thereof with respect to matters not included in the legislative lists as may appear to parliament to be necessary or expedient for the purpose of maintaining or securing peace, order and good government during any period of emergency."

"The section 3 - (3) In this section "period of emergency" means any period during which (a) the federation is at war; (b) there is in force a resolution by each House of Parliament declaring that a state of public emergency exists; and (c) there is in force a resolution of each House of Parliament supported by the votes of not less than two-thirds of all the members of the House declaring that democratic institutions in Nigeria are threatened by subversion.

"That is the section, Mr. Speaker, and I hold the view very strongly - and that view is in no way shaken by the speech made by the Prime Minister that the step which the Federal Government now proposes is uncalled for and unwarranted.

"The first question which any reasonable person ought to ask himself is this. Is there a state of public emergency in the Western Region

That is the most important question, which the Prime Minister and the cabinet must ask themselves. I submit with great respect that a state of public emergency does not exist in Western Nigeria.
"Not long ago after independence, there was rioting of a most severe nature in the Tiv Division of Northern Nigeria. Several lives were lost, several properties were destroyed, there was arson and a host of other crimes were committed. At that time, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister as he is today. He did not think it fit to call this parliament to declare a state of public emergency in the Northern Region. Also in Okrika - there was widespread rioting in Okrika; again, several lives and properties were lost. I understand that this widespread rioting in Okrika occurred twice in the Eastern Region. The Prime Minister and the cabinet did not think it fit on that occasion to declare a state of public emergency in the Eastern Region.

"But, because the Action Group is pursuing the normal democratic processes as laid down in our constitution to oust someone who happens to be a very close friend of the Prime Minister, and also because the AG is looked upon as a moral foe to the NPC, this very far-reaching provision of our constitution is now being invoked, only in respect of what might be described as squabbles inside the chamber of the Western House of Assembly. It is doing violence to our constitution and doing violence to the construction of words to suggest that what happened in the Western House of Assembly amounts to a state of public emergency.

"I was present there myself, and when I left that chamber, those who were outside the chamber did not even know that anything was happening inside the chamber. Ibadan is peaceful - the whole of the Western Region is peaceful. It is true that the newspapers have been exaggerating the situation in the Western Region, the Prime Minister himself has lent his support to this exaggeration; he cancelled all his engagements - whether they existed or not I do not know, the governor-general was suddenly summoned back from his holiday in Nsukka to come to Lagos even when there was no deterioration in the situation in the Western Nigeria.

"I maintain that this is a calculated, premeditated attempt on the part of the Prime Minister and his cabinet to try, if they could, to castrate the AG, to disturb the welfare of the people of Western Nigeria who have always been looked upon as the foes of the NPC.

"May I say that I can understand the yearnings and the wishes of the NCNC and the stand of the NCNC in this matter. Every political party wants to be in power - we want to be in power here in the centre one day, and by the grace of God we will. But the NCNC wants, naturally, to fish in troubled waters. If I were in their shoes, I would think that no occasion is more favourable than now to have a dissolution of the legislature of the Western Region, because this dissolution now would mean a split in the votes of the Action Group. It might be that by such a split, they could sort of fluke in and form the government of Western Nigeria. In any case, whatever happened after that dissolution, the NCNC would not be any worse off than they were before, namely to be in the opposition - that is the worst that could happened to them. But there is a chance - the off-chance - that they may just manage to win.

"Therefore I can understand the action of the NCNC in this matter, because that is the party in opposition in the Western Region. The NPC has no foothold in the west, and it is doing its very best to find a foothold in the Western Region.

"There are a number of persons who call themselves NPC members for Ibadan, but they are by themselves, they have some following of a type among people who live in Mokola, Ibadan, that is to be understood; but the NPC as such has no following in the Western Region, and it is the NPC dominated Federal Government that now wants to impose its rule on the people of Western Nigeria, simply because there was what the prime minister called the uproar in the chamber of the Western House of Assembly - not an uproar in Ibadan as a whole; not an uproar even in Ogbomosho the home of Chief Akintola who is involved in this matter, not an uproar in Ijebu-Remo; not an uproar in Ikorodu; not an uproar anywhere in the Western Region. The prime minister thinks that this very far-reaching provision of the constitution should be invoked merely to save a friend!

"Secondly, what is a public emergency

continued
http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/FedGovt/Federalism/emergency_rule/western_region_awolowo.html

@oduasolja:

you should be ashamed to be displaying this level of ignorance and treachery.
Yoruba region was on fire from day one and it was the lawlessness, thuggery, arson, election rigging coruption, coup plotting by awolowo and other vices which you cockroaches introduced into nigeria that caused the wahala that truncated the first republic.

The western region was the only region in which a state of emergency was imposed in 1962 fact.
Awolowo was jailed for coup plotting in 1963 fact.
Elections was corruptly rigged in the western region in 1964 fact.
Violence known as 'wetie' that included murders, arson, thuggery etc was unleashed in the western region fact.

All this incidents happened only in the corrupt lawless yoruba apes region and caused the truncation of the first republic.
Without the yoruba cockroaches that were killing themselves and all the vices they introduced in the first republic there would have been no coup and the nation would have been better for it.

So shut up and go to sleep if you dont have anything reasonable to say.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 9:03pm On May 09, 2012
lagcity: ^^^^
Sorry, bro. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But talk true, you people owe Gowon and Effiong.

Why the lies bro? MKO didn't run away. He declared himself president in Lagos and was arrested. Was he arrested in Cotonou? But the funny thing is that when Yorubas were being shot on the streets of Lagos, Igbos who had no cause to fear still ran away to the East. Una too dey fear I swear.

@lagcity, so you wanted the igbos to fight your war for you? Another confirmation that you cockroaches are born cowards. Igbos went home to draw a line and prepare while waiting for you yoruba loudmouth cowards to declare war and what happened, all of you bedwetting cowards followed the footsteps of Brigadier Ogundipe and fled before any war had even started. Instead of staying in your own land and declaring war against your hausa masters as you loudmouths had boasted you all became emergency 'ben johnson' fleeing into exile as fast as you could. Even the so called adekunle black scorpion ran away. What a shame.

Thank your stars anyway because had you declared war, all you chickens would have been cremated in industrial gas chambers and wiped out within a week.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by oduasolja: 9:06pm On May 09, 2012
Kanto:

@lagcity:

Biafrans do not share the same world of cowardice with owambe cockroaches like you who run away before any war has even started. Go and ask your nigerian army wimps and they will tell you what they went through in biafra. They died like flies and were bogged down for 3 years inspite of all the weapons they had. Biafran soldiers dealt with them so much that they prayed for the war to end and were overjoyed when it ended.

War is not a tea party but a pathological coward like you will never know that because you will run before the fight. That is why june 12 came and all you ugly stinky owambe cockroaches fled into exile because you know that you will be crushed and smashed in just one week.Thankgod that your people choose to run because none of you typical bedwetting cowards would have survived beyond a week.

As for Gowon, he and his people are already endangered species and the next decade might not meet any of them alive. I dey laugh o!

you went to steal ijaw oil and minority land you are claiming you are fighting for freedom.

if it was all about freedom , please explain why u stinking theives murdered hundreds of minorities who did not support biafra.

u are a bunch of opportunist theives, that are running around trying to appropriate other peoples lands so you can feed yourself.since your overpopulated land can not sustain u, since you all breed like rabbits . thats why u fucking parasites are ready to beg and dance and prostitute with anybody that will feed you.

not to long ago you were begging the north to form one Nigeria so that you can feed off their land.
then you arrogrant rats decided to bite the hands that feed you , and then they chased you away from their land. then u decided that was ur opportunity to steal minority land and oil for urselves, since of u fucking rats cannot survive on your overpopulated land. fucking stinking rats, nobody needs ur nonsense. u dont feed anybody . and nobody needs u .

if this country breaks up , u better be ready to go on your own. cus i dont think anybody will feed u .
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 9:27pm On May 09, 2012
oduasolja:

you went to steal ijaw oil and minority land you are claiming you are fighting for freedom.

if it was all about freedom , please explain why u stinking theives murdered hundreds of minorities who did not support biafra.

u are a bunch of opportunist theives, that are running around trying to appropriate other peoples lands so you can feed yourself.since your overpopulated land can not sustain u, since you all breed like rabbits . thats why u fucking parasites are ready to beg and dance and prostitute with anybody that will feed you.

not to long ago you were begging the north to form one Nigeria so that you can feed off their land.
then you arrogrant rats decided to bite the hands that feed you , and then they chased you away from their land. then u decided that was ur opportunity to steal minority land and oil for urselves, since of u fucking rats cannot survive on your overpopulated land. fucking stinking rats, nobody needs ur nonsense. u dont feed anybody . and nobody needs u .

if this country breaks up , u better be ready to go on your own. cus i dont think anybody will feed u .

@duasolja:

you have jumped from the truth of the humiliation that your western apes region destroyed nigeria to topics that makes no sense. When you lose the argument you resort to long stories, but i am ready for you and will put you dirty hypocrite in your place.

Crude oil is important only for parasitic apes like the yoruba region that cannot survive without it. During the constitutional conference the Igbos supported resource control but you parasitic yorubas joined the north to oppose resource control because you cant survive without another mans resources. Whereas the niger-deltans and the Igbos have always advocated leaving nigeria, the Yorubas never do because they cannot survive without the oil that is not even in their geographical region. Even the north recently said they wanted to leave nigeria and the next thing afenifere started begging them not to leave because it will end your parasitic dependence on oil money. You can now see how yoruba cockroaches are number one parasites because of crude oil.

If you were not that ignorant, you would have known there are 3 oil producing states in Igboland, but who cares about oil.It is only you dirty yoruba cockroaches who continue to oppose resource control and insist on one nigeria because without being a parasite on crude oil you cannot survive.

You dirty cockroaches caused the whole problems in nigeria that derailed the nation. So shup-up and go to sleep. Ugly and dirty yoruba cockroach. Dont forget to take a bath.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 9:32pm On May 09, 2012
These dirty and ugly yoruba cockroaches introduced the vices and wahala that ruined the nation from the first republic. together with the hausa they make-up 90% of the federal looters wrecking the nation. Except they are gassed to eternity the nation can never make progress.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2012
Alusi Okija: The answer is simple;

Yoruba people are snakes. If the Igbos go to war with Cameroun tomorrow, best believe that the Yorubas would be in Cameroon offering tactical support. All they want to see is the downfall of Ndi Igbo.

Even the hausa man would be quick to apologise abd say it was because of this or that.... If you ever are in a fight and a Yoruba man is near you, kill the yoruba man first before you continue your fight. Atimes I woulder if those tribal markson their faces affect their brain. >:9

CHai Thats harsh....LOLZ....nna e nwere jokes i swear hahahahahahha
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by ak47mann(m): 10:04pm On May 09, 2012
Kanto: These dirty and ugly yoruba cockroaches introduced the vices and wahala that ruined the nation from the first republic. together with the hausa they make-up 90% of the federal looters wrecking the nation. Except they are gassed to eternity the nation can never make progress.
BAM GBAM GBAM cool
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by gabychuks(m): 10:46pm On May 09, 2012
Gowon and his co-horts are Liers and Ignorant entities, we all know of the Aburi Accord how dare Gowon come out in public and accuse Ojukwu just because the dead don't ytalk, was it not agreed in Aburi that they should settle on CONFEDERATIONAL system of Gov't? Was it not Gowon after been coerced by the Coward Awoloyo into believing that the north can't manage and sustain themself and that its easier for the East to seceed through that system of Gov't, that made the Aboki Gowon to renege in an already agreet Accord, HEaven, posterity, true historians and generations yet unborn shall never forgive Awolowo and Gowon for the eternal dammage they caused
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by jpphilips(m): 10:58pm On May 09, 2012
Kanto:

@jp philips:

i actually enjoy the ignorance and cowardice of people like you because it stinks to high heavens: Have you ever heard the word the right to self defence? Well that was what Ojukwu exercised and he had the God given right to do so when his people was faced with a pogrom and gowon the head of state whose duty it is to protect lives and property did nothing about it. Even a goat, if you push it to the wall it will turn back and fight you. Gowon had no right to be talking of one nigeria when thousands of people were massacred under his watch. I know that typical cowards like you will rather surrender to be butchered rather than exercise your fundamental right and fight back. Ojukwu like a real man fought for self defence and the nigerian army payed dearly for almost 3 years to the extent that were all celebrating when the war ended.

My prayer for you is that your people should face genocide so that you can surrender yourselves without a fight to be butchered.

No tribe in nigeria can face a gang-up of the rest of nigeria like biafra did and survive even a week, if any of you can i challenge you to declare war and see how you will be crushed in less than one week. The yoruba owambe cockroaches will even run away like they did over june 12 before any war has started.

All through human history there have been countless wars fought by those who exercised the ultimate right to fight for self defence and what they beleive in and we are proud of the biafran war and the heroic resistance against a gang-up of 246 ethnic groups against a few and yet could not prevail for 3 years. it should be a lesson to those who want to learn.

At the end of the day ojukwu has been vindicated as the whole country is now crying to have a sovereign national conference. Today there is boko haram wanting to islamise the whole country. No matter how fools like you try to ignore the truth it is catching up with you by groups like boko haram and their islamisation agenda and even gowon knows the truth but is too ashamed to admit it.

This is just the beginning.

As a friendly advice, next time if you wish to reply my post, read it thorough before sounding like beef.

who was at war with ojukwu when he was defending the intransigence of not accepting Gowon as the head of state?
self defense from who?

who was attacking ojukwu during the pogrom or you don't know what caused the pogrom?

analyze the cause of events not the aftermath of events.

lemme tell you, if ojukwu had accepted Gowon as the new head of state, it could have created a platform for both leaders to discuss and resolve the plight of their people. but ojukwu's intransigent sent the wrong message to both the "oppressor" and the "oppressed"

as for what he could have done better within his might to stop the progrom, please read this;

ojukwu's finger prints are all over kaduna nzeogwu's coup, you seriously don't think it is a coincidence that such hit pulled by his kinsmen could be largely successful without the blessing of an influential one of them highly placed in the army that was functioning like a cult? the same force of coincidence that spared the eastern top guns?

you could remember that the pogrom started in the army where some people thought it was a mere rival military cult skirmish, the westerners did not spare the ibos either

it is commonsensical to assume that ojukwu a historian from oxford is aware of the UN resolution on genocide enacted shortly after the second world war. a tool that could bring gowon to justice if he really cared about the ibos, the irony was he exploited that tool when his people were starving and used same tool to call for truce after he left on exile grin grin grin grin

ojukwu's father was one of the few Africans that enjoyed royalties from British oil companies in the late 50's a feature people like me thought he could have explored to use the British influence to put gowon on a tight leach a move that could have saved countless igbo lives,
it is no news that he pulled the same strings during the hunger era of the war.

ojukwu's agenda at the aburi conference has no single ibo interest, by bamboozling gowon to ratify confederation is an act of WAR an oxford graduate should know better.
how it saves the pogrom is what eludes Albert Einstein.

if the hit in the army had succeeded, the ojukwu boys could have been in total control of the army, since his father has the biggest economic interest in the country, oil and gas not excluded, the smart historian could take a political stage. does the picture fit? army plus economy equals, that reminds me, till death, he remained a political figure, what happened to Nelson mandela's heroic style?

oh!! i forgot to add that he wasn't a member of the supreme military council which robs him the right to decide for them who should be the next head of state.

lastly

my heroes don't run, i will chose a hitler anyday over a gallant soldier who forgot his purse on the last plane from Uli enroute ivory coast,

my heroes die in the struggle for what they believe in, for one that has wasted so much lives and took to his heels? hell no!!! he doesn't qualify, i believe he will learn a lot from real heroes in the great beyond.

adieu!!!! Emeka
can u pass the coffee please.

if you want me to believe at my age that ojukwu was defending himself, then it is equally safe to assume that ojukwu was defending himself from himself.

you don't plant corn to harvest tomato, you plant treason to reap "fire" and that was the faith of ojukwu.

your self defense analogy was the bullsh!t igbo's are using to console themselves for following a sweet talker sheepishly to their grave.
even the claim that ibos was asking ojukwu to give them protection when they returned was another "big lie" ojukwu was busy writing in one of his books during the mass murder of his kinsmen.

i have read the testimony of one of the delegates in that meeting and it collaborated with what zik said, in a telephone conversation because zik was in UK, ojukwu was tasked to draw up diplomatic strategies to deal with Gowon and the progrom, not to go and "fight" because the few igbo erudite at that time including my father knew ojukwu had nothing.

if you remembered, ojukwu had the support of zik, mbakwe and co till the Aburi conference, it was after the Aburi conference that most igbo erudite turned their back on him and as expected he coined the word "saboteurs" to maintain the the deceit network he used to manacle the ignorant igbo chaps.
before you justify self defence, ask yourself, "did I contribute to what attacked me"?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by nsiadi: 11:13pm On May 09, 2012
its difficult to say if illiteracy that prevented gowon from imbibing d spirit of Aburi has left him. Its not enuf for him to shed crocodile tears. He shd openly confess his sins or die with those sins. I hope the misfit suffers more b4 joining his ancestors
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by jpphilips(m): 11:34pm On May 09, 2012
nsiadi: its difficult to say if illiteracy that prevented gowon from imbibing d spirit of Aburi has left him. Its not enuf for him to shed crocodile tears. He shd openly confess his sins or die with those sins. I hope the misfit suffers more b4 joining his ancestors

you should be telling that to ojukwu who put him in that position in the first place,
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by oduasolja: 11:39pm On May 09, 2012
Kanto:

@duasolja:

you have jumped from the truth of the humiliation that your western apes region destroyed nigeria to topics that makes no sense. When you lose the argument you resort to long stories, but i am ready for you and will put you dirty hypocrite in your place.

Crude oil is important only for parasitic apes like the yoruba region that cannot survive without it. During the constitutional conference the Igbos supported resource control but you parasitic yorubas joined the north to oppose resource control because you cant survive without another mans resources. Whereas the niger-deltans and the Igbos have always advocated leaving nigeria, the Yorubas never do because they cannot survive without the oil that is not even in their geographical region. Even the north recently said they wanted to leave nigeria and the next thing afenifere started begging them not to leave because it will end your parasitic dependence on oil money. You can now see how yoruba cockroaches are number one parasites because of crude oil.

If you were not that ignorant, you would have known there are 3 oil producing states in Igboland, but who cares about oil.It is only you dirty yoruba cockroaches who continue to oppose resource control and insist on one nigeria because without being a parasite on crude oil you cannot survive.

You dirty cockroaches caused the whole problems in nigeria that derailed the nation. So shup-up and go to sleep. Ugly and dirty yoruba cockroach. Dont forget to take a bath.

look at this filthy rat talking. if u soo despise the north and rest of us. then why are you having all your rat babies all over the country then. why dont u live in ur erosion ravaged rubbish dump and die of hunger. in case u dont know yoruba land produce oil in ondo state onshore and offshore. ten percent of the total and we support resource control. Progressive yorubas have led the call for fiscal federalism.

and you still havent answered why u rats murdered minorites who did not support biafra. you went to war to steal their land and resources and you are angry that we did not support you.

go and hang.

next time learn some humility . ur land is over populated and cant feed urself , yet u are running around insulting people and causing trouble. instead of you to be grateful.

yorubas did not trick u to war, u went to war because u want to control the niger delta and the eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by jpphilips(m): 11:47pm On May 09, 2012
nsiadi: its difficult to say if illiteracy that prevented gowon from imbibing d spirit of Aburi has left him. Its not enuf for him to shed crocodile tears. He shd openly confess his sins or die with those sins. I hope the misfit suffers more b4 joining his ancestors

you should be telling that to ojukwu who put him in that position in the first place,
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 12:06am On May 10, 2012
[size=16pt]Na wa o my fellow igbos is the name ojukwu more powerful than Amadioha, Anayanwu, even more powerful than ogbanje, dibias?

I am asking because the name ojukwu have been giving Yoruba people (the olodo-wa stocks) some serious sleepless nights in NL....

Na wa o..Ojukwu for your mind o, only u dey create fear fear for olodo-wa peoples mind. Imagine wetin amadioha coultn't do OJUKWU did..

Igbo Kwenu, Kwenu, Kwenu, KWEZUONU...

[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 12:09am On May 10, 2012
apikwala me'...
nwanne anozim n'ofe
emana anama suuuzi
putu putu n'ofe, putu putu n'ofe

Damn this song by don tom even though its about two years old just gets me all the time...

Abeg ndi ofe manu, anom n'ofe kita so biko no disturbance
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 12:16am On May 10, 2012
igbo boy: [size=16pt]Na wa o my fellow igbos is the name ojukwu more powerful than Amadioha, Anayanwu, even more powerful than ogbanje, dibias?

I am asking because the name ojukwu have been giving Yoruba people (the olodo-wa stocks) some serious sleepless nights in NL....

Na wa o..Ojukwu for your mind o, only u dey create fear fear for olodo-wa peoples mind. Imagine wetin amadioha coultn't do OJUKWU did..

Igbo Kwenu, Kwenu, Kwenu, KWEZUONU...

[/size]

Which ojukwu are you referring to? Are you perchance talking about the same ojukwu whom, a yoruba general sent

packing out of his little hut in fear, that he has to dress like a transvestite with all his full grown beard (as he was in such a

hurry) in the middle of the night?

Yeah right, ojukwu's name is giving yorubas, sleepless nights. Whatever makes you sleep better at nighttime.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by gabychuks(m): 12:32am On May 10, 2012
I can't but help recognize the fact that another term for COWARDICE is YORUBA. With the wild-wild-west u rended the country ungovernable and thereby led to the military intervention by some brave and intelligent soldiers (including yoruba officer that have been thought proper thinking by the Easterners among them) the same Yoruba cowardice that always pride themselves as d most respectful tribe, a young Officer in d person of DIM Ojukwu went to Awolowo as an elderstatman, only for the old fool to assure him of his total support and also to pull out and create an Odudua Republic if need be. For him to now play out his Cowardice to turn his back against the same person that he has promised and be the Brain behind Gowon and his cohorts. Its just a pity that up till today an average Yoruba man still remains a COWARD
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 12:44am On May 10, 2012
T9ksy:

Which ojukwu are you referring to? Are you perchance talking about the same ojukwu whom, a yoruba general sent

packing out of his little hut in fear, that he has to dress like a transvestite with all his full grown beard (as he was in such a

hurry) in the middle of the night?

Yeah right, ojukwu's name is giving yorubas, sleepless nights. Whatever makes you sleep better at nighttime.

Proved my point.....Ofe nmanu no go sleep hahahaha.

DIM OJUKWU, ONYE ISI, ONYE DIKE, AGU 1, na agha e ka bu dike.....

T9ksy E can pepper the flesh....ndo
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by lagcity(m): 12:50am On May 10, 2012
Kanto: These dirty and ugly yoruba cockroaches introduced the vices and wahala that ruined the nation from the first republic. together with the hausa they make-up 90% of the federal looters wrecking the nation. Except they are gassed to eternity the nation can never make progress.

Sorry Bro, we are not Igbos and can not be gassed becos we are not African jews. Igbos only know how to do one thing; they know how to die. That's why death knocks at their doors anywhere they go. The last war, they disgraced Africans with their kwashiorkor bellies all over world media, this time around, we'll make sure Aboki kill and bury them instead of just starving them.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 12:55am On May 10, 2012
gabychuks: I can't but help recognize the fact that another term for COWARDICE is YORUBA. With the wild-wild-west u rended the country ungovernable and thereby led to the military intervention by some brave and intelligent soldiers (including yoruba officer that have been thought proper thinking by the Easterners among them) the same Yoruba cowardice that always pride themselves as d most respectful tribe, a young Officer in d person of DIM Ojukwu went to Awolowo as an elderstatman, only for the old fool to assure him of his total support and also to pull out and create an Odudua Republic if need be. For him to now play out his Cowardice to turn his back against the same person that he has promised and be the Brain behind Gowon and his cohorts. Its just a pity that up till today an average Yoruba man still remains a COWARD

average? you can lie.

biko Yoruba= coward. finito. nothing like average, a Yoruba is a coward period...Notable examples

1.Ara-wolowo faced mere threat of persecution d guy drink rat poison to avoid being persecuted

2.The ooni of ife, oba of ibadan, oba of lagos, asiwaju of ofe manu tinubu were threatened after MKO's death that they(military junta) will kill them like they did MKO, na im dey all settle for $50K settlement each...Thank you al mustapha for opening their yansh.

3. Ara-wolowo, an unapologetic tribalist (he is my hero for his love of his people), wanted an olodo-wa nation but didn't have the balls to declare it, was waiting to see the outcome of biafra before he will decide....poossssiiiee move right there

4. MKO was denied his presidential claim, Abacha provoke small, half of Yorubas were already at the Seme border with Benin...na wa o

5. Yoruba village party (ACN ) was scared that they will lose presidential election and therefore retorted to galvanize their fellow ofe namnus against GEJ by saying GEJ called Yorubas rascals (Which they are by the way, gini bu the big deal anyway?). A coward move but they forget that nigeria does not = Yoruba... Yoruba can vote for ACN does not mean that ACN will win outside of ofe nmanus area.

6.Fashola with all the hype around him is still tinubus beetch..he is a coward for still not being able to be independent of tinubu. Tinubu do 60 (abi na 80th birthday), fashola pay. Tinubu say na im comapny go collect tax revenue, fashola award am to tinuubu's company. Tinubu say na im go tax lekki express, collect toll join, fashola say yes sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Troops Arrest Notorious Militant ‘general Eagle’ / Burial Photos Of Veronica, Abba Moro's Wife / Atiku Hasn’t Travelled To US – Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.