Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,203 members, 7,818,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (22153 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / Ojukwu Would Have Joined APC - Okorocha / I’ll Ever Be Grateful To Supporters Of One Nigeria – Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by cfours: 4:13am On May 09, 2012
Gowon is 100% right.Ojukwu was trying to take over the country

https://www.nairaland.com/933361/re-ojukwu-would-ruled-nigeria
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 4:23am On May 09, 2012
c.fours:
Gowon is 100% right.Ojukwu was trying to take over the country

https://www.nairaland.com/933361/re-ojukwu-would-ruled-nigeria

WHat is 100% right? more like 1 million percent right.....hehehehe
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 4:29am On May 09, 2012
dayokanu:

Awolowo chose self rule, Bello choose to stay together, The tie breaker, the greedy Azikwe choose to follow his Hausa masters despite the widely reported Ibo annual barbecue always performed in the North

No wonder no one takes ibo seriously

@Dayokanu:

Are you making any sense? Granted that Azikiwe like many broad minded civilised leaders ie Kwame nkrumah, jomo kenyatta etc of his generation was a pan-africanist who beleived in one nigeria but the question is if Awolowo wanted self rule why didnt he seize the opportunity when the time came instead he went to the extent of fighting a war for one nigeria?

I think the contradiction actually makes Awolowo a petty minded opportunist.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by igboboy1(m): 4:37am On May 09, 2012
Kanto:

@Dayokanu:

Are you making any sense? Granted that Azikiwe like many broad minded civilised leaders ie Kwame nkrumah, jomo kenyatta etc of his generation was a pan-africanist who beleived in one nigeria but the question is if Awolowo wanted self rule why didnt he seize the opportunity when the time came instead he went to the extent of fighting a war for one nigeria?

I think the contradiction actually makes Awolowo a petty minded opportunist.

u dey try..dayokanu does not emit logic nor sense whenever he types on NL just like his oga ara-wolowo...Today the guy is for one nigeria tomorrow he is for olodowa republic...confused man no wonder he drank rat poison and committed suicide.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 4:44am On May 09, 2012
dayokanu:

have you found out the victia secret G-string Ojuku wore when disguising to escape to Abidjan after he was pummeled by Black Scorpion

The trauma of those days turned Ojuku to a vegetable before he died deaf and dumb while his wife Biancar became the village bicycle

@Dayokanu:

Ojukwu fought a heroic war against the rest of nigeria for almost 3 years with almost bare hands and gave them the fight of their cowardly lives before leaving like every hero to fight another day ie General charless de gaulle of france and other european presidents during the 2nd world war.

But in the case of yorubas over the june 12 crisis, all of the yoruba cowardly leaders from general alani akinrinnade, bola tinubu etc all ran away even before any war had started.

Running away before the war had started is the height of cowardice. You should have brought the cowardly brig. adekunle who preyed on defenceless civilians and who was disgraced out of the war to come and fight for june 12, but he too chickened out! What a shame. True to type people like adekunle can only find his manhood when he is fighting defenceless people. Shameless owambe cockroaches.

Yoruba fought a war to be 2nd class citizens under northern domination. What a waste of brain matter!

Adekunle is today a depressed and mentally unstable man who is not even reckoned with in nigeria. The same adekunle is now crying for a sovereign national conference proving himself to be a senseless slave.Unlike ojukwu buried like the hero he is,when adekunle dies only dogs and cats will mourn him.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 4:56am On May 09, 2012
amosy007: Igbo people really want south south badly sad bloody parasites tongue

...cant u people just demand biafra without bringing south south into d context...
For u peoples info... South south doesnt belong to igbo neither does it belong to yorubas... If u want biafra agitate for it with ur 5 state and stop hoping that south south will join u... Bloody greedy parasites.....

Am out all other quote can kiss my ass tongue

@amosy007

who be dis mumu and what is south south? do you even know it was Ekwueme that created it in the Abacha conference? You talk as if the so called south south is one homogenous area with one tribe that can just be together. talk about yout tribe and leave the south south nonsense. There are many tribes in the south south with different aspirations. It is easy to talk of south south today because every unit has their own state, but we know the tribal wahala that will bust within that area if nigeria breaks. I witnessed the bitter tribal politics in the last delta state elections so dont come here talking as if the south south is one tribe. Talk only about your tribe because if nigeria breaks the different tribes in those areas will exercise their different aspirations.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 5:07am On May 09, 2012
Dayokanu, if you had any shame you would go to sleep. The rest of nigeria yoruba+ hausa +245 other etnic groups ganged up against just a few ethnic groups in biafra and inspite of all the weapons available to the nigerian army they could not win a war against a biafran army fighting with almost bare hands for 3 years.

This proves that the nigerian army were all a bunch of chickens and cowardly women. You should be ashamed of your nigerian army and cowards like adekunle.

Whereas the Germans defeated the french in just 3 weeks and the rest of europe in 3 months during the 2nd world war.This prove
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by cyril83(m): 5:52am On May 09, 2012
igbsam: Gowon should just shut the ph.u.ck up and take his sorry ass back to his boko haram state. bloody liar. Why didnt u say this when he was alive and breathing. Useless politicians. You think we would buy this ?
wat wud have happened if he had said diz wen ur greedy father was alive...abegi make una leave gowon alone joor
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:12am On May 09, 2012
chagga: U are here insulting a man who realized his wrong and apologized ..least he had the decency to apologize not like Ojukwu because of his ego n arrogance went 2 a war he knew he can't win. Who should be apologizing to the igbos ?

Bravery is facing ur adversaries when u r outnumbered 1000 : 1. Ask d 300 spartans.
While Cowardice is hiding in d mist of dat 1000 to anihilate dat number 1. Wen ordinarily u cannot summon enof bile to face dat 1 alone.
Ojukwu is our JULIUS CEASAR. His apologies would hv made us wonder if he was truly our son, n ultimately make us ostrasize him.
Descendants of chickens n cowards should neva put mouth in SPARTAN(IBO) matters. Speak one more ill of my DEAD FATHER, OJUKWU n c if d VULTUREs doesnt eat u n ur entire family alive.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by josites(m): 6:13am On May 09, 2012
because ojukwu is gone, you now try to change the history. We all knew what happen at aburi. You are too weak and a coward for my liking. A former head of state yet because of your cowardice you cant condemn the killing of innocent indigenes in plateau. We in jos are disappounted at you.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by josites(m): 6:21am On May 09, 2012
How can we help to make the derailed man relevant in nigeria? That was the quedtion asked in our previous meeting at silver bird. So a real genius brought up this idea, in other words it is "coward of the century". Was gowon a military officer before the war?
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by zicopro(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2012
why are we having problem over the past when we have serious problem facing the christians. Be u east, south and west even northan christian this is the time we need to love our self like never before. Muslims are killing us without asking ur tribe as long as u are a christian. Pls let us forget the the mistakes that have been done in the past and face the killing of our christian brothers in the north. The muslims here will be happy that we are having misunderstanding within our self. Lets find solution on how to eliminate criminals called BOKO HARAM.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by nku5: 6:36am On May 09, 2012
;DChai! Excellent abeg give me your account number make I put money inside

Ojiofor: Gowon=Onye Ara + Onye Asi = Osu Imi.Now u are begging for forgiveness and still lying at the same time.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Nobody: 6:46am On May 09, 2012
Nchara:

I am hearing this (in bold) for the first time. Can anyone corroborate that claim?

Don't mind the fool, Ojukwu never did that if you doubt go and google aburi accord and read through it, it was him gowon and his boko brothers that refused to heed to the agreement that lead to the civil war.
Dis northerners has another bad agenda up their sleeves
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by ak47mann(m): 6:47am On May 09, 2012
the Sovereign State of Biafra was never and can never be terminated. The Pan-Biafran Philosophy is a consciousness that is birthed in any human who deeply understands the universal definition of FREEDOM. This consciousness has been suppressed for over 40years, but Lo Comrades, the time is come for a conceptual awakening. Just like the sphinx, from her ash, she shall rise again! cool
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by cyril83(m): 6:51am On May 09, 2012
gboss4sure:

Don't mind the fool, Ojukwu never did that if you doubt go and google aburi accord and read through it, it was him gowon and his boko brothers that refused to heed to the agreement that lead to the civil war.
Dis northerners has another bad agenda up their sleeves
wht do u pple knw abt aburi sef?...let's nt waste our strength ova diz anymore
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by ak47mann(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2012
All it takes is belief for a better tomorrow,a tomorrow where NdIgbo will no longer be a tribe but a Nation and the efforts of our great fore fathers like Nzeogwu, Effiong and Ojukwu will not be in vein, believe and I promise this better tomorrow Nigeria is getting exhausted,a beautiful and better BIAFRA!!!! cool

watch this movie by[b] Robert deniro[/b] is about BIAFRA, tears of the SUN cool

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by bashr8: 7:00am On May 09, 2012
cyril83: wht do u pple knw abt aburi sef?...let's nt waste our strength ova diz anymore
teacher teach us, osu imi, another half baked oloduwa
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Arysexy(m): 8:07am On May 09, 2012
teacher teach us, osu imi, another half baked oloduwa

no be small imi, nke a bu imi elephant, ndi iyorogba ndi osu imi elephant!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by PHIPEX(m): 8:53am On May 09, 2012
I have personally forgiven Gowon but if he wants the forgiveness of the Igbo nation, he should stop making these conditional appologies. It's annoying whenever I read this statement that was credited to his war General yet he did nothing about it and here he is blaming Ojukwu.

“I want see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionary, and no United Nations Delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even a things that don’t move”—Benjamin Adekunle

In comparism, here is a letter from Abraham Lincoln to General Rosecrans, commander of the Army of the Southwest,concerned the proposed execution of a confederate officer; "I have examined personally all the papers in the Lyons case, and I see that it is a matter for executive interference. So I turn it over to you with full confidence that you will do what is just and right; only begging you, my dear General, to do nothing in reprisal for the past- only what is necessary to ensure security for the future and remind you that we are not fighting against a foreign foe, but our brothers, and that our aim is not to break their spirit but only to bring back their old allegiance. Conquer by kindness- let that be our policy. Very truely yours, Abraham Lincoln."

We can now see why Gowon can never be a hero even though he won the war.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kabai: 8:53am On May 09, 2012
Nonsense, nonsense, ABSOLUTE NONSENSE! Look at Gowon talking after all his acts of hatred he connived with his northern masters to rain on the Igbos. Look at T.Y. Danjuma talking about poverty of the Nigerian people as if he has not contributed reasonably to it. Let him tell us if he did not also join in the 'oil boom' loots. OMG! Nigeria is finished! God of Thunder, where are you!!!
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Yeske2(m): 9:24am On May 09, 2012
The evil men do live with(not after ) them. Let that slowpoke Gowon go redeem his Pleateau homeland just as TY Danjuma who only realized Nigeria is on fire lately, does he think history reverses itself? My only worry is that the MB has been warming itself to the SE lately but the outburst from this mofo can stir up the sleeping dog.
He should have just gone on straight and apologize for the misdeeds of reneging on an agreement instead of trying to rewrite history. Senile dementia is actually catching up, don't blame him though.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by AlusiOkija: 9:39am On May 09, 2012
Gowon!! As much as most of what he said were lies, the one truth in that entire statement remains;

Gen Yakubu Gowon Rtd.:
“If there was no secession by the late General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, there would not have been war."

This has always been my position.

The gods are wise...
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by 9jaIhail(m): 9:44am On May 09, 2012
I have a question to ask.Is this Igbo VS yoruba or Igbo vs Hausa? I thought gowon is an Hausa man and i am expecting the hausa's to come forward in defense of their brother or to justify his action,rather Yoruba's had been the ones i see ranting up and down here in defense of gowon.Is gowon about taking over awo position in the southwest? yoruba's yoruba's when will you all Yoruba have sense? How many times will things happen to you yoruba's before you learn? yoruba's need to desist from licking hausa man yansh as it benefit them nothing. C'mon give the hausa's chance to defend their son gowon.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by Kanto: 10:00am On May 09, 2012
The inbalance and inequality of the civil-war with 245 ethnic groups ganged up against just a few ethnic groups in biafra and with the massive availability of weapons on the nigerian side the war was just like a 40 year old man fighting a 2 year old boy.

And guess what, the 40 year oldman could not defeat the 2 year old boy for 3 years. Only cowardly fools will be proud of the disastrous outing of the cowardly nigerian army. If Biafra had had just a quater of the weapons available to the nigerian side, the chicken nigerian army would have been totally wiped out and none of the cowardly buffoons like dayokanu would be alive today.

The nigerian army is a bunch of cowardly goats whom the biafran army taught a bitter lesson.When june 12 crisis came,the so called black scorpion adekunle ran away like the coward that he is. Shameless cockroaches. The yoruba cannot fight the rest of nigeria as biafra did and survive it for upto a week. Their cowardly arses would be crushed in just one week. That was why all of them ran away during the june 12 crisis before any war had even started.

As for gowon he can try and lie all he could but the truth is naked. He was supposed to give power to the most senior being brigadier babafemi ogundipe, he refused, after Ogundipe ran away to london he became the head of state vested with the responsibility to protect life and property but when the mass killings-pogrom was going on he did absolutely nothing. When the mass killings and ensuing crisis took them to aburi he agreed in aburi only to return to nigeria and renege on what he had earlier agreed. Instead of holding out to look for a ppeaceful solution he took steps which undermined the whole peace process and led to the declaration of biafra. Instead of continuing with the peace efforts, he sent soldiers to attack a biafran nation that secceded because the mass killings which gowon had obviously supported thus starting the war. Biafra fought back as self defence as every human being or group has the fundamental right to defend themselves when faced with assault or genocide.

Thankgod that today, between ojukwu and gowon all of us can now see that ojukwu has been vindicated. The whole country is now crying for a sovereign national conference and a return to aburi accord. The nation is on religious war first with sharia riots and now with boko haram terrorist mass murderers.

The mass killings that the hausa-fulani started with their jihad in the 17th century with which they massacred and conquered half of the yorubas forcing them into becoming muslims metarmorphosed into routine mass killings and now a religious war. Yakubu gowon's state is almost becoming another rwanda with hausa-fulani intent on wiping out the plateau people. The only thing restraining the genocide is nigerian army presence. If nigeria breaks today, there will be no one left in plateau state within 3 months as the hausa-fulani will kill all of them off and they have nowhere to run-to.

This is the one nigeria of yakubu gowon. Gowon is too ashamed to admit it but he knows his one nigeria has failed beyond recognition.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by AlusiOkija: 10:02am On May 09, 2012
The answer is simple;

Yoruba people are snakes. If the Igbos go to war with Cameroun tomorrow, best believe that the Yorubas would be in Cameroon offering tactical support. All they want to see is the downfall of Ndi Igbo.

Even the hausa man would be quick to apologise abd say it was because of this or that.... If you ever are in a fight and a Yoruba man is near you, kill the yoruba man first before you continue your fight. Atimes I woulder if those tribal markson their faces affect their brain. >:9

9ja_I_hail: I have a question to ask.Is this Igbo VS yoruba or Igbo vs Hausa? I thought gowon is an Hausa man and i am expecting the hausa's to come forward in defense of their brother or to justify his action,rather Yoruba's had been the ones i see ranting up and down here in defense of gowon.Is gowon about taking over awo position in the southwest? yoruba's yoruba's when will you all Yoruba have sense? How many times will things happen to you yoruba's before you learn? yoruba's need to desist from licking hausa man yansh as it benefit them nothing. C'mon give the hausa's chance to defend their son gowon.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by AlusiOkija: 10:02am On May 09, 2012
The answer is simple;

Yoruba people are snakes. If the Igbos go to war with Cameroun tomorrow, best believe that the Yorubas would be in Cameroon offering tactical support. All they want to see is the downfall of Ndi Igbo.

Even the hausa man would be quick to apologise abd say it was because of this or that.... If you ever are in a fight and a Yoruba man is near you, kill the yoruba man first before you continue your fight. Atimes I woulder if those tribal markson their faces affect their brain. >:9

9ja_I_hail: I have a question to ask.Is this Igbo VS yoruba or Igbo vs Hausa? I thought gowon is an Hausa man and i am expecting the hausa's to come forward in defense of their brother or to justify his action,rather Yoruba's had been the ones i see ranting up and down here in defense of gowon.Is gowon about taking over awo position in the southwest? yoruba's yoruba's when will you all Yoruba have sense? How many times will things happen to you yoruba's before you learn? yoruba's need to desist from licking hausa man yansh as it benefit them nothing. C'mon give the hausa's chance to defend their son gowon.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by T9ksy(m): 10:08am On May 09, 2012

Common, be real. No one's defending an hausa or licking their neighbour's d.i.ck however the truth will always

remain the truth regardless of the medium used to convey it. Had Ojukwu taken Lagos he would have ruled Nigeria.. The yorubas

chose to reject Ojukwu and his pseudo promise of liberating the west as we easily saw through his lies. Bottomline is Ojukwu wanted

to rule nigeria but the yorubas truncated his ambition and that of his kinsmen hence the hatred the ibos hold for the yorubas.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by naijaking1: 10:28am On May 09, 2012
Alusi Okija: Gowon!! As much as most of what he said were lies, the one truth in that entire statement remains;

This has always been my position.

The gods are wise...

Your position is based on ignorance, because Gowon has conviniently chosen to forget the massacre of easterners, mostly Igbos in the north for no justifiable reason whatsoever. Some people claimed that the massacre was a retaliation for the Igbo dominated coup led by Nzeogwu. This massacre and apparent inability of the Gowon led goverment to protect all its citizens, Igbos included, was the main reason why eastern Nigerians agreed to to seceed. There was secession primarily because Nigerians were killing Igbos all over Nigeria at random, sometimes with the assistance of the military. Igboland was the only place safety was guaranteed for the Igboman in 1966.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by WilyWily5: 10:37am On May 09, 2012
nku5: ;DChai! Excellent abeg give me your account number make I put money inside

6051841628(Fidelity Bank Plc)
Please put dey Moni quick, i need am
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by WilyWily5: 10:45am On May 09, 2012
Kabai: God of Thunder, where are you!!!
God of thunder is in Middle Belt, striking Middle Belters.
Re: Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon by nagoma(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2012
Classicalman: Gowon is a lying bitch. And he knows it. As for that fool calling my Ikemba a pedophile, i hope u know your mohammed was d world greatest sexmaniac and pedophile. Bloody fucking muslims.

Ignorant and foolish as usual Pa Gowon was a chritian Priest and evangelist who worked with the pioneer evangelist Dr. miller in Zaria. Yakubu Gowon and his brothers and sisters all grew up in a strict christia family with Christian upbringing. He has been all his life a very good and exemplary Christian and he still is. So what is all Has this got to do with Muslims again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mokola Flyover Bridge, Ibadan. Pics.. / CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Crude Oil Hits $50 Per Barrel. Nigeria not Benefitting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.