Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian (39660 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / What If Obama Is The Anti-Christ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 3:00pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You didn't see a problem because you cannot see. The more you look the less you see.

Since you've seen, can you please point out what the problem there was? Or has Pastor AIO corrected you?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:01pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Please tell me if the general public were allowed to go to the place where they were praying. Where there other people next to them? or was it a RESTRICTED AREA? Were they arrested because they were praying or because they were in a restricted area?

You probably cannot get the points that I've been making above due to your intellectual capacity so I'll leave it there.

Please address this next issue, What makes them feel that they have impose their prayers on somebody who is not interested in their prayers?

ps. Jesus didn't say don't pray in street corners until you have prayed in private. Please tell me where Jesus prayed openly on a street corner.

You have begun to speak from both sides of your mouth now. Wasn't it you that denied that they were arrested? Why are you now saying that they were arrested because they were praying in a restricted area? Since you think you have the intellectual capacity why can't you fathom my point that Christians were denied praying where others could? or are you also suffering from intellectual schizophrenia?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Since you've seen, can you please point out what the problem there was? Or has Pastor AIO corrected you?

Until you open your eyes I cannot force you to see.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 3:04pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Those who don't believe in the inerrancy of the Bible cannot call themselves Christians, they can be called unbelievers like you. The execution of Judgment is different from committing a crime. Execution is different from murder if you may know.

Okay so you're fine with God commanded genocide. Let me see just how authentic a Christian you are.
Did dead people walk the streets when Jesus died? Were there earthquakes and did the sun get dark?
Did Jonah live in a fish for three days?
Is any of Jesus' disciples still alive?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Oh? The Antichrist will be deporting people? Where will he be deporting people to if he ruled the world?

To your village. shocked
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 3:05pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Until you open your eyes I cannot force you to see.

I'm not asking you to force me to see, I'm simply asking you for the problems you actually saw. Is that so difficult for you to state from the video you posted?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 3:06pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

To your village. shocked

He would own that too. Wouldn't it mean a one way trip to space or something? You really need to keep your ideas straight in order not to contradict yourself.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 3:23pm On May 15, 2012
I have a feeling that this thread will continue to go round and round. But that's cool, cos I also have the feeling that as it does so Ola will dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole. Soon we will have him exposed, once we can get him to come out from behind all those cartoons and inane videos.

OLAADEGBU:

You have begun to speak from both sides of your mouth now. Wasn't it you that denied that they were arrested? Why are you now saying that they were arrested because they were praying in a restricted area? Since you think you have the intellectual capacity why can't you fathom my point that Christians were denied praying where others could? or are you also suffering from intellectual schizophrenia?

Ahh!!! So now you are a blatant liar. Why am I not surprised? Where did I deny that they were arrested? First you lied that they were arrested for praying when in fact they were arrested for entering into a restricted area. Now you lie that I said that they were not arrested at all. You are a real son of your father, who is the father of Lies. A liar from the beginning.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 3:35pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

As a disciple of Christ we are learning to be like Christ.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are becoming new" (2 Corinthians 5:17).

It was Albert Eintein that said:

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of man."

The difference between being born again and believing in God is like the difference between believing in a parachute and putting it on. In this case many of you don't even believe in God. So your chance of understanding what it means to be a Christian is between slim and none, and slim has long gone out of town. undecided

I don't know what denature means, please explain.

OLAADEGBU:

You say this because it is still a mystery to you what it means to be a Christian despite all the explanation. A Christian believes in the inerrancy of the Scriptures and if you don't that means that you are not a Christian and who told you that the disciples didn't have the Scriptures as their authority? Jesus Christ Himself who is the Word of God that became flesh was their authority and they had the Scriptures as their guide.

"These are the words which I spoke to you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me (Luke 24:44).

Look at the yeye LIAR of a person trying to use style style to wriggle out of his mendacious hole that he has dug himself into. Trying to shift from bible to scriptures. Scriptures are writings and the whole world is full of scriptures of all types and all cultures and religions. But the specific scriptures that we have been talking about is the Bible. Abi is this not so?

I repeat that the apostles of Jesus did not base their faith on the bible, and in fact they bible was not even in existence when they were around. End of . . !! Either you agree with that or you want to dispute that. Since you have been disputing that then it follows that your mind must be so distorted with your lies that there is no hope for you.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Okay, first and foremost this exposes the maker of this video as a liar. No body got arrested for Praying. That's a lie.

This is what you said and what constitutes restrited area is up for debate. Below is another pastor arrested under the disguise of the so called restricted areas. Is it only when Christian pray that it suddenly becomes restricted area? Listen to the explanation and reason the pastor gave and he is not an obama advocate pastor like you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVMwU6N74sQ
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

I'm not asking you to force me to see, I'm simply asking you for the problems you actually saw. Is that so difficult for you to state from the video you posted?

You have to become a Christian before you can see the light of the day.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO: I have a feeling that this thread will continue to go round and round. But that's cool, cos I also have the feeling that as it does so Ola will dig himself deeper and deeper into a hole. Soon we will have him exposed, once we can get him to come out from behind all those cartoons and inane videos.

Since you have been gagging for cartoons and a hole let me oblige you to see the hole you've dugged yourself in.

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 4:27pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You have to become a Christian before you can see the light of the day.

I have to first be a Christian to see what is wrong with what you were trying to show? Are you serious? What if I said you have to be an atheist to see that there is nothing wrong there?
Seriously, OLAADEGBU you really need to carefully consider your responses.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:32pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

I have to first be a Christian to see what is wrong with what you were trying to show? Are you serious? What if I said you have to be an atheist to see that there is nothing wrong there? Seriously, OLAADEGBU you really need to carefully consider your responses.

Can you explain why that caterpillar can't see the light of the day?

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by logicboy: 4:33pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

I have to first be a Christian to see what is wrong with what you were trying to show? Are you serious? What if I said you have to be an atheist to see that there is nothing wrong there?
Seriously, OLAADEGBU you really need to carefully consider your responses.

Olaadegbu is a fraud. I'm sure that he is making money off some christian organisation.

He knows that he is lying but he says such things to brainwash and keep people in Christianity for profit sake
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:43pm On May 15, 2012
logicboy:

Olaadegbu is a fraud. I'm sure that he is making money off some christian organisation.

He knows that he is lying but he says such things to brainwash and keep people in Christianity for profit sake

Here are some Christians reading their bibles. Watch what the obama cops did to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvYU2q1KxeM
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by logicboy: 4:46pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Here are some Christians reading their bibles. Watch what the obama cops did to them.

Nice video. However, DMV is a govt run organisation. Separation of church and state
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

This is the typical misconception of who and what a Christian is.
Olaadegbu: You and I may disagree. We do not have to think alike. I recognize that you are an educated person, unlike many fans, you do not offend, does not disqualify anyone, and that makes you a person who deserves respect.
Although I disagree with you, I respect you, whether many of the threads that you open are endless monologues propagandistic that lead nowhere.
I want you and I we reason that:
If you claim to be Christian, what authority do I have to deny it?
You know that there are Catholics who do not drink wine, and others do ... which one is more Catholic? I think both are.
Obama was defined as a Christian, it is common knowledge that attends the ceremonies ...
Olaadegbu, you are an intelligent person ... you can not be more royalist than the King ... No one can say that the Pope is not Catholic. If Obama is defined as a Christian, because he is Christian!
Perhaps the pastor of the church he attends Obama denies that he is Catholic?
And you and me, by what authority are we to deny what Obama and his pastor say? ...
For a moment we use logic, and avoid further in this dialogue of the deaf.
I send a big hug.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On May 15, 2012
logicboy:

Nice video. However, DMV is a govt run organisation. Separation of church and state

It is meant to be freedom of church from State and not Separation of church and State.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by logicboy: 5:03pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is meant to be freedom of church from State and not Separation of church and State.

Separation of church and state. Govt (DMV) can not endorse on religion over the other.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 5:04pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Ahh!!! So now you are a blatant liar. Why am I not surprised? Where did I deny that they were arrested? First you lied that they were arrested for praying when in fact they were arrested for entering into a restricted area. Now you lie that I said that they were not arrested at all. You are a real son of your father, who is the father of Lies. A liar from the beginning.

Pastor AIO:

Please tell me if the general public were allowed to go to the place where they were praying. Where there other people next to them? or was it a RESTRICTED AREA? Were they arrested because they were praying or because they were in a restricted area?

ps. Jesus didn't say don't pray in street corners until you have prayed in private. Please tell me where Jesus prayed openly on a street corner.

Either you don't understand english or you hallucinate as you read. Where did I say they didn't get arrested? Where? I said they didn't get arrested for praying, but for invading a restricted area. How did you understand that I said they weren't arrested at all? You must have dreamt it up the same way you dream up your theology.

And as regards this next video:

OLAADEGBU:

For a start the guy comes from an organisation called the Christian Defence Coalition. So he is not innocently praying on the sidewalk, but rather doing it in order to provoke. In other words he is one of the obnoxious types that have a sole aim of being as irritating as possible in order to draw attention to themselves and their made up christianity.

You still haven't told me how what he was doing fits in with Jesus' injunction:

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

What was the purpose of his prayer? Was it to communicate with God, or was it specifically in order to be seen by men, and to provoke a reaction from men.

Even the place where he was praying sef was right on a thoroughfare. With all the space in the whole of America it is in the middle of a thorough fare that the guy decides he wants to pray out loud. Obviously with the intention of creating a public nuisance so that he can get arrested and draw attention to his cause.
Having said that: I do not agree with abortion. But that is not the point of this thread.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 5:09pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

It is meant to be . . .? So who made mistake cos it is now separation of Church and State.

I suggested that that is just another lie, cos the events that lead up to the separation of church and state in europe and US made these people determined that religion will never have a bearing on politics anymore. I'm talking about the Wars of Religion. I even did a thread on the issue.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by DeepSight(m): 5:54pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I do not agree with abortion.

- - - at any stage of pregnancy?
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2012
A secular country it claims to be master of his fate, be free from outside interference to make decisions, that the beliefs of its citizens are respected according to the Declaration of Human Rights at the UN.
I live in a secular country, and I am a strong supporter of the secular state.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by thehomer: 6:53pm On May 15, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Can you explain why that caterpillar can't see the light of the day?

Because it is not on a leaf? What does this have to do with anything being discussed?

Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by PastorAIO: 7:27pm On May 15, 2012
Deep Sight:

- - - at any stage of pregnancy?

ABeg commot, that has nothing to do with the topic, it was just an aside.

Ptolomeus: A secular country it claims to be master of his fate, be free from outside interference to make decisions, that the beliefs of its citizens are respected according to the Declaration of Human Rights at the UN.
I live in a secular country, and I am a strong supporter of the secular state.

Thank you Ptolomeus, now what is expected to happen to a person in a secular country who makes a nuisance of themselves by saying that if the President won't come to prayer on a certain day then they will take the prayer to the president, by compulsion? Are there laws against this kind of thing?

In the bible we are told that we should give to caesar the things that belong to caesar and to God we should give the things that belong to God. In my opinion that is Advocation of separation of Church and State right there! Meanwhile, ostentatious prayers in public also has no place in Christianity as Jesus addressed this issue too.

So please, Ptolomeus, what is your opinion and what would you suggest should be the penalty in Uruguay for those who flout the separation of Church and State law.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 8:18pm On May 15, 2012
Pastor AIO:

ABeg commot, that has nothing to do with the topic, it was just an aside.

Thank you Ptolomeus, now what is expected to happen to a person in a secular country who makes a nuisance of themselves by saying that if the President won't come to prayer on a certain day then they will take the prayer to the president, by compulsion? Are there laws against this kind of thing?

In the bible we are told that we should give to caesar the things that belong to caesar and to God we should give the things that belong to God. In my opinion that is Advocation of separation of Church and State right there! Meanwhile, ostentatious prayers in public also has no place in Christianity as Jesus addressed this issue too.

So please, Ptolomeus, what is your opinion and what would you suggest should be the penalty in Uruguay for those who flout the separation of Church and State law.

Dear friend.
You honor me wondering something to me ... You are a very wise, and honor me with your question.
Uruguay is a secular state. No religion or church can comment on any item on the state. If a president wants to go to pray, he does it privately and unofficially. A president can not proselytizing, whether they practice a religion.
In countries like Argentina or Brazil, the Catholic Church can pressure the state, and indeed it does. The president is sworn on the Bible. In Uruguay, the President swears "on his honor".

I have been fortunate enough to travel around the world. I note that in countries where the state is secular, there is a subjugation, a subjugation of other religions to the official religion. That is an unfair abuse. In Agentina for example, the official religion is Catholicism, and all other religions generate distrust, and must go through an exhaustive control to open a church.

I do not think you have to punish, who mocks the possibility of separating the state from religion (to which there is no official religion)
I think anyone who makes fun of that is understanding the benefits. These benefits are for all citizens and all religions.
That allows all people and ideas are respected, and that the right of each one of us ends where it begins the rights of others.

I make myself clear? He understood my comment?
If not, please estimate Pastor, hàgamaelo know.
I consider him a lot!
Best regards!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2012
thehomer:

Okay so you're fine with God commanded genocide. Let me see just how authentic a Christian you are.
Did dead people walk the streets when Jesus died? Were there earthquakes and did the sun get dark?
Did Jonah live in a fish for three days?
Is any of Jesus' disciples still alive?

I will leave you to read up the answers to your questions in the Bible but let me address your fixation about this supposed "genocide" you are accusing God of.

God proclaimed the death sentence on all mankind. We all die because we have broken God's Law and we are all on death row and while you are on your judgment throne judging and accusing God of genocide you need to first of all judge yourself according to the Law of God and see where you stand. When you sincerely examine yourself you will find out that you are deserving of punishment because you have broken the Laws of God. God out of love has paid the penalty for you sin so that you don't have to face an angry God on the Judgment Day.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by EvilBrain1(m): 10:07pm On May 15, 2012
OP has given us an excellent example of what is called the "No true Scotsman fallacy". Basically, he's trying to say that because Obama doesn't oppose gay marriage and doesn't pander to right wing evagelicals, among other crimes, he can't be a real Christian.

OP doesn't seem to realize that christianity isn not defined by his narrow-minded beliefs. You don't get to decide who is a "real christian" and who isn't. Chrisrians are a very diverse group holding wildly varying beliefs and opinions, many of which would seem completely foreign to us. Nothing Obama has done makes him any less a christian than any other church-goer.

One could just as easily argue that Olaadegbu's obvious lack of religious tolerance mean's he's not a true christian. To me he sounds pretty similar to an al'Queda spokesman when he starts talking about people whose beliefs confict with his.

[url]yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman[/url]
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by Ptolomeus(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2012
Evil Brain: One could just as easily argue that Olaadegbu's obvious lack of religious tolerance mean's he's not a true christian. To me he sounds pretty similar to an al'Queda spokesman when he starts talking about people whose beliefs confict with his.

[url]yourlogicalfallacyis.com/no-true-scotsman[/url]
Completely agree
10!
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12am On May 16, 2012
undecided
Pastor AIO:

I don't know what denature means, please explain.

Was it not you that was boasting of your intellectual capacity and you don't know the meaning of denature? undecided

Pastor AIO:
Look at the yeye LIAR of a person trying to use style style to wriggle out of his mendacious hole that he has dug himself into. Trying to shift from bible to scriptures. Scriptures are writings and the whole world is full of scriptures of all types and all cultures and religions. But the specific scriptures that we have been talking about is the Bible. Abi is this not so?

I repeat that the apostles of Jesus did not base their faith on the bible, and in fact they bible was not even in existence when they were around. End of . . !! Either you agree with that or you want to dispute that. Since you have been disputing that then it follows that your mind must be so distorted with your lies that there is no hope for you.

If I was speaking to fellow Christians we would understand our language but because you are coming from a different background I have to spell my terminologies out to you. Whenever I say the Bible I mean the Scriptures and if I say the Scriptures I mean the holy Scriptures, do you compute? The Bible consists of 66 books and out of those how many of them do you think the apostles had during their life time? It so happens that what is the light to me is darkness to you and that's why you see lies as truth and truth as lies.
Re: Reasons Why I Know Obama Is Not A Christian by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20am On May 16, 2012
thehomer:

You need a telescope before you can see afar off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Sacks Pastor Over MMM / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Jogging & Exercising In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.