Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye (38167 Views)

Who Owns Lagos? By Sam Omatseye / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / Sam Omatseye, Under-Fire For Column On Achebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by papatosibe: 4:30pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom: I don't know why you people always make such issues an Igbo vs Yoruba issue. Maybe because both tribes are most active on NL. But are guys aware that the sea port that made Lagos what it is today are in the hands of Dangote, Isyaku Rabiu, Ibru and to a lesser extent Ibeto. The first 3 are not Igbos. The Lagos question has gone way beyond the Yorubas. The yoruba claim is nothing but Geography.

It has always been about geography and demography. I am surprised it took you this long to realize that.

Now retreat to the vulgar sewer hole you came out of wink

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 4:31pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom: I don't know why you people always make such issues an Igbo vs Yoruba issue. Maybe because both tribes are most active on NL. But are guys aware that the sea port that made Lagos what it is today are in the hands of Dangote, Isyaku Rabiu, Ibru and to a lesser extent Ibeto. The first 3 are not Igbos. The Lagos question has gone way beyond the Yorubas. The yoruba claim is nothing but Geography.

Whatever, Lagos port was built by the british isn't it ? Was it built by Igbos CAPITAL N O, NO

Ibeto got nothing to do with Lagos. Major investors in Lagos are

1. Private Banks (mostly by Hausa and Yoruba)

2. Private Oil companies ( British and others)

3. Adenuga

5. Dangote

6. Ben bruce

7. Otedola

8. Dantata

9. Jimoh

10. Tinubu

That is all !!! so stop claiming ok !!!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:32pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Show me a Non-Igbo that called Lagos a no-mans land ?

I am Egun-Awori myself and it is absolutely annoying and disgusting to be referring to my ascentral home as a no-mans-land. The more I read all this rubbish from you, the more I see Igbos as trouble makes. Fact !!!
yeah write when you the northern army overan your region and nicknamed lagos nomans land you didnt come out to run your mouth.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 4:32pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

It has always been about geography and demography. I am surprised it took you this long to realize that.

Are you minding the iddeeiot

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: yeah write when you the northern army overan your region and nicknamed lagos nomans land you didnt come out to run your mouth.

Show me when Lagos was named No mans land, apart from silly Igbos like you that does not like peace among different ethnicity. Show me ?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:33pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem: Please Bashr8, what what you are saying. The indigenes of Lagos are no fo.ols

You come from the east to find a greener pasture just like everyone else, respect yourself and you would be respected. Idddeiot angry angry
another idiot, post the population of 5 states in the south east and 5 in the south west plus lagos and rivers and tell me how you came to the conclusion that we come to your region , olodo.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 4:35pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem: Please Bashr8, what what you are saying. The indigenes of Lagos are no fo.ols

You come from the east to find a greener pasture just like everyone else, respect yourself and you would be respected. Idddeiot angry angry
gbam
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:36pm On May 12, 2012
Brixtonyute:

I don't need to tell them, the Yoruba who own the place will tell them when the time is right...

There are documents to show who the real owners of Lagos are.. Even the international community would from at you for claiming a next man's property..

Maintain your position, Lagos is Yoruba land..

Malcolm X: Just because a kitten was born in the oven, that doesn't make it biscuit.
did i every say its not yorubaland , read before posting , i said until 1999 it was in the hands of the military and federal capital just as abuja today therefore yorubas had no say on how lagos became this cosmopilitan unless ur trying to argue that migration to lagos by other non yorubas started after military regime.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by papatosibe: 4:36pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: another idiot, post the population of 5 states in the south east and 5 in the south west plus lagos and rivers and tell me how you came to the conclusion that we come to your region , olodo.

whats your point exactly? That Yoruba people troop to Alaigbo for better life or that Yoruba people are belligerent & violent prone, making their abode unsafe for prosperity and growth?

Olodo oshi.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by jason123: 4:36pm On May 12, 2012

But Hausas are not fighting the Yorubas on this thread. Infact, Haka_nai who is Hausa agreed with the writer. Amosy and I (Nkem might even be from Asaba area) who are SSoutherns attest to the fact that they are accommodating. Even, Emmke a Josite said the same. So why is there resistance from only South Eastern people (Igbos)?!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by eherbal(m): 4:38pm On May 12, 2012
saintneo: [size=18pt]Igbo are the best strangers/visitors in Nigeria and the World at large.[/size]

They live peacefully with their host community.
They are very industrious, thus they develop their hosts' community.
They learn the language of their host communities so as to adapt.
They do not discriminate against their host communities; thus, they marry their daughters and sons as well.
They stay for eleven months at their host community and spend only one month at their traditional home, during a twelve calendar month year.
They take the culture of their host communities to their traditional communities.

These are just few reasons why Igbo are the best visitors/strangers, kindly add yours to the list.

[size=18pt]No wonder Lagos is populated with Igbo and the people of Igala are ready to welcome Igbo to invest in their community.[/size]
Igbos are symbiots,cousins of parasites.They can't live in or 'survive' in their immediate enviroment,but depend on their foreign host for sustenance,hence their continued stay in the north,amidst the butchery and bombings of their kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:39pm On May 12, 2012
alj harem:

Ethnic tension would only occur with your sort of mis-yarning. ideeiot angry angry angry

How many times have you yorubas and Igbos fight in the SW ? Maybe that is the reason why you can be saying rubbish from your mouth.

I remember when you all were calling Sabon gari a no-mans-land, what happened ? Yes

Please don't bring that to the SW were people are living in peace angry angry angry
of course yorubas wont fight with igbos just as igbos dont go about fighting people ,but yorubas sure have done a lot of fighting with hausa fulanis from lagos to ibadan to ogun
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by aljharem(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

But Hausas are not fighting the Yorubas on this thread. Infact, Haka_nai who is Hausa agreed with the writer. Amosy and I (Nkem might even be from Asaba area) who are SSoutherns attest to the fact that they are accommodating. Even, Emmke a Josite said the same. So why is there resistance from only South Eastern people (Igbos)?!
Because they are annoying and greedy angry angry angry

Imagine some waking up one day and tell his mother he is going to lagos.

Enter uche bus and gets to lagos only to be tell you that Lagos is a no-man-land.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by papatosibe: 4:42pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: of course yorubas wont fight with igbos just as igbos dont go about fighting people ,but yorubas sure have done a lot of fighting with hausa fulanis from lagos to ibadan to ogun

Yoruba people arent cowards anymore?
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:42pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

whats your point exactly? That Yoruba people troop to Alaigbo for better life or that Yoruba people are belligerent & violent prone, making their abode unsafe for prosperity and growth?

Olodo oshi.
my point is that igbos move to other parts of nigeria as much as yorubas move to other other parts of nigeria , yorubas move to portharcourt as much as igbos move to lagos thats my point.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2012

Most of the Premiership clubs in England, banks in England, and Airports in England are in the hands of foreigners; does that mean England is a no man's land?? Tell that to an English yob!! grin grin

These people own the sea port by virtue of the control, the federal government has over it. If the country breaks up tomorrow, their ownership will be null and void..

Are Nigerians this retarded?? A lot of stupid, and dumb comments, I tell ya. grin

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 12, 2012
Yes,Yoruba's are accomodating,that's why there is no tribe that isn't in lagos,for all the IGBO boys claiming lagos is not a yoruba state,until you do this,i will never accept,Go to you village,pack all you luggages,relatives and friends into a trailer and tell them you are taking them to lagos,to claim your land,until then lagos still remains YORUBALAND,you guys are damn frustrating,the next thing is kano is not hausaland,i trust those ones sha,they'll use you for suya.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:44pm On May 12, 2012
jason123:

because we need to constanly burst the lies coming out of yorubaland all the time , lie how they claimed they are the most educated and igbos are all traders till we buste it and showed infact igbos are most educated while yorubas come third after the south south , also how they claim they are the most politically sophiscated till we busted it and showed infact they no longer have a place in politics of nigeria today , the exposure continues, its nothing personal we just dont like lies, if you must lie dont implicate others while doing it.

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 12, 2012
I don't understand why being accommodating is something to be proud of. I am Yoruba and i really wish we were not that hospitable, at least to certain regions in that foreign conceived enclave called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:45pm On May 12, 2012
e-herbal:
Igbos are symbiots,cousins of parasites.They can't live in or 'survive' in their immediate enviroment,but depend on their foreign host for sustenance,hence their continued stay in the north,amidst the butchery and bombings of their kinsmen.
yea right where is the populationn statistics to prove that , olodo
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: did i every say its not yorubaland , read before posting , i said until 1999 it was in the hands of the military and federal capital just as abuja today therefore yorubas had no say on how lagos became this cosmopilitan unless ur trying to argue that migration to lagos by other non yorubas started after military regime.

Was the whole of Igboland not in the hands of the military, during military rule?? Were those military administrators Igbos??

Yoruba have no say over Lagos, yet Yoruba is the official language of Lagos. You're not making sense at all.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 4:47pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: they have a say now ,they didnt until 1999 ,did you even read my post ewu they didnt have a say on how lagos became what it is today that why no other yoruba city can boast of anything.
atleast they boast of lagos... Gimme a city igbo can boast off? Dnt tell port harcout o
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Chinom(m): 4:48pm On May 12, 2012
papatosibe:

If it's always been about geography and demography,then the Red Indians still own the entire USA and Canada. Get real, Bro.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:48pm On May 12, 2012
[quote author=Temistatics 007]Yes,Yoruba's are accomodating,that's why there is no tribe that isn't in lagos,for all the IGBO boys claiming lagos is not a yoruba state,until you do this,i will never accept,Go to you village,pack all you luggages,relatives and friends into a trailer and tell them you are taking them to lagos,to claim your land,until then lagos still remains YORUBALAND,you guys are damn frustrating,the next thing is kano is not hausaland,i trust those ones sha,they'll use you for suya.[/quote

shut up and show me where we claimed lagos nis not yorubaland , stick to the topic and stop deviating.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by papatosibe: 4:48pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: my point is that igbos move to other parts of nigeria as much as yorubas move to other other parts of nigeria , yorubas move to portharcourt as much as igbos move to lagos thats my point.

The Yoruba people in PH are expats. Most of them are doing well in the SW before moving to PH. The Ibos on the other hand move to the SW for the proverbial greener pastures, just the way Nigerians move to the UK and US for higher living standards. You need to pay attention to details.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Brixtonyute(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2012
Please, let's keep it civil!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by amosy007: 4:49pm On May 12, 2012
the geography is what the refer to as teritory... So shut up
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by papatosibe: 4:49pm On May 12, 2012
Chinom:

If it's always been about geography and demography,then the Red Indians still own the entire USA and Canada. Get real, Bro.

That is a historical fact!
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by economia: 4:49pm On May 12, 2012
saintneo: [size=18pt]Igbo are the best strangers/visitors in Nigeria and the World at large.[/size]

They live peacefully with their host community.
They are very industrious, thus they develop their hosts' community.
They learn the language of their host communities so as to adapt.
They do not discriminate against their host communities; thus, they marry their daughters and sons as well.
They stay for eleven months at their host community and spend only one month at their traditional home, during a twelve calendar month year.
They take the culture of their host communities to their traditional communities.

These are just few reasons why Igbo are the best visitors/strangers, kindly add yours to the list.

[size=18pt]No wonder Lagos is populated with Igbo and the people of Igala are ready to welcome Igbo to invest in their community.[/size]
yes, i agree. If you agree, pls second it.
Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by saintneo(m): 4:50pm On May 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Will you take away this nonsense away from here or do you think we are talking about the best in armed robbery and kidnapping ni ? Ode

@topic

Sam is just asserting what has been known to the whole world.IF YORUBAS WERE HAUSAS,THEY WOULD HAVE BOMBED THE HELL OUT OF THOSE STRANGERS ON THEIR LAND.we are indeed God's own people and I'm so proud to be a YORUBA.We are not arrogant,we are just better than you. tongue tongue

@the fool called Bluetooth

this goes to show how unintelligent you are in using words to express your opinion. Firstly, someone sang the praise of Yoruba, why won't sing the psalms of Igbo. Secondly, I never insulted anyone nor tribe in my post.
Bluetooth, you must be green with envy when you see that your visitors are progressing;
while you stay put on your Windows98 computer retrogressing.

Learn to appreciate other people.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 12, 2012
bashr8: because we need to constanly burst the lies coming out of yorubaland all the time , lie how they claimed they are the most educated and igbos are all traders till we buste it and showed infact igbos are most educated while yorubas come third after the south south , also how they claim they are the most politically sophiscated till we busted it and showed infact they no longer have a place in politics of nigeria today , the exposure continues, its nothing personal we just dont like lies, if you must lie dont implicate others while doing it.

Looks like someone is getting a hard on.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are The Best In Accommodating Strangers In Nigeria - By Sam Omatseye by bashr8: 4:50pm On May 12, 2012
Brixtonyute:

Was the whole of Igboland not in the hands of the military, during military rule?? Were those military administrators Igbos??

Yoruba have no say over Lagos, yet Yoruba is the official language of Lagos. You're not making sense at all.
thats my point all regions where in the hands of the military untill 1999 so how lagos came to be what is is today where not due to the decisions of yorubas just as aworis do not choose who comes and goes in abuja at least until the capital is removed from abuja.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai's Joke About PDP Fighting Corruption Better Than APC In 2019 / Tinubu Refers To Atiku As 'Former Senate President' (Video) / Reno Omokri Returns To Nigeria, Meets NSA, Nuhu Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.