Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,502 members, 7,770,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:16 AM

PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (61023 Views)

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme / Innoson Vehicle Used By The Buhari's Administration (Photos) / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by crackhouse(m): 10:49am On May 14, 2012
Abagworo: So Innoson does manufacture mini trucks and saloon. I think I'll like to patronize them and I urge every patriot to patronize them even if their car is not up to Toyota or Mercedes standard.

BTW seems they don't know the importance of advert.
do u say patronise?. By buying one or many?. If it's one then it may not interest to know that innoson doesnt sell in retails but wholesale, so look else where bro.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Elpeeus: 10:51am On May 14, 2012
chino11: Ndigbo and Anambra in particular are going places. Only God can foresee that Igbo nation will be the next world economic power. From all indications these products may even surpass Japan and German products in being standard and durable. Good step
i don't think u are mentally balance,,,which 1 is ndigbo,,we are talking of Nigeria here,,let ndigbo buy it alone,stupid

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by crackhouse(m): 10:55am On May 14, 2012
omokidew: Another Assembly Factory .. Manufacturing my a$$ tongue ...
haters are liable to die young and of heart attack too.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 10:56am On May 14, 2012
Manufacturer/assembler doesn't really matter. I guess Nairalanders were expecting to see manufacturing systems line, Robotics, automation equipments e.t.c. The guy has to start from somewhere. Quality of the products being assembled is what matters. for example, a lot of people here would prefer to buy a toks Toyota corolla brought in from the US than a new one sold by elizade motors due to quality control. The guy still deserves to be commended for his effort.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 10:57am On May 14, 2012
This okija juju guy have proven that juju is evil the killer of African progress coolwhat a waste man..............i wonder how Nigeria will look like without oil&gas export cool
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 10:59am On May 14, 2012
Abagworo:

Guy I thought you've grown up.
am an igbo but bigots like him meks me bow my head in shame...WTF has this got to do wt tribe.for god's sake dis news z a nigerians news not abt tribe.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Okijajuju1(m): 11:00am On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha: @ Okija what ve you achieved in your entire life? Innoson is good and they re going places, you and your hateful likes can go and hug transformer sad

Toyota did not get to their present status in one day and they re still improving....BTW it started as a one man business.

Is this my Ekwy'm?! angry

Bia nwayi, obu gi di ifa?!

PHIPEX:

I completely disagree with you on the above bolded statement, What do you mean by the govt should stay away, if they do who will patronise them? If govt stay away from the Aba made shoes because they are not as strong as the Italian shoes how will they grow? The chinese Economy picked up by copying Japanese products and as at that time their products were nowhere close to the Japan's, if their govt had stayed away from them then where will the likes of CCECC that has taken over the major construction works of Lagos state govt today. Our industries no matter how infant they are should be encouraged and given all the leverage they need to survive. You don't expect Innoson to overtake Toyota over night, they must start somewhere and we must encourage them not Ghanians. When Zinox computers started people like you complained the way you are doing today yet they were responsible for our election Voting Machine, did they disappoint you? Why didn't you tell INEC then to patronise the European makers of HP and Dell afterall their products can be recalled if they developed faults?

For your information, the products you assume to be substandard have been on Enugu road as its BRT for over a year, its aready plying the Lagos roads, so if its substandard, Lagosians should be able to tell not you who may have seen only its pictures online.

I am all for encouraging locally "MANUFACTURED" products... emphasis on "MANUFACTURED"... Halleluyah!! .. BUT not at the expense of consumer choice... YES!! I said stay away.. If you have watched the programme "How it built" on Discovery, and seen the episode on vehicle manufacturing, you would see that most parts are put through a quality test to determine its factor of safety... Even the finished vehicles, some prototypes are driven at top speed into a concrete wall with a Test dummy/manequin at the wheel just so that the rating, performance under stress and others things are determined..

Innoson needs to be able to give the Public certain figures and facts about their vehicles first. How many star rating do those cars carry?! Are their vehicles allowed in the european, UAE and american markets?! What are the safety and quality control measures employed by the company. How many parts are "MANUFACTURED" locally, e.t.c..

Also.. why has nobody responded to the question;

WHY are we clamouring for the government to patronize innoson which is an assembly warehouse for unproven chinese vehicle owned by 1 man when we have two giant dying companies in Peugeot Automobile & Volkswagen of Nigeria that assemble internationally known, tested, trusted and proven brands, are listed on the Nigerian Stock exchange, are public Liability and have the capacity to sell their products even beyond the Nigerian market.?!

What makes innoson worth patronizing and PAN and VoN not?!

Why the bias toward Innoson?!

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by gidson12(m): 11:00am On May 14, 2012
Invisible Man: From Readings comments on this article, I believe most bloggers on here are based in Nigeria and have not worked for foreign production companies in their life. General Motors here in the states does not manufacture their vehicle parts,most productions are outsourced to different companies all over the globe before they are brought back to GM Detroit plant for assembly. Why are you guys knocking down your fellow man's hard work? I consider arm chair critics as envious people.

spot on, thank you..........some Nlanders fail to use their head
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 11:01am On May 14, 2012
chino11: Ndigbo and Anambra in particular are going places. Only God can foresee that Igbo nation will be the next world economic power. From all indications these products may even surpass Japan and German products in being standard and durable. Good step
nwanne awu mu nwa afo igbo ka gi mana biko rapu nzuzu ena eme...pls stop this bigotry for crying out loud..dis good news z abt nigeria not tribe..pls stop dis rubbish u r writng up dia
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Okijajuju1(m): 11:02am On May 14, 2012
ak47mann: This okija juju guy have proven that juju is evil the killer of African progress coolwhat a waste man..............

Hahahahahaaa!

The day we started killing of the African Jujus, that was the day Africa started to sink.. grin

Let Innoson hussle hard.. thats my point and I dont think its a bad idea either.. #Jussayin
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 11:08am On May 14, 2012
Invisible Man: From Readings comments on this article, I believe most bloggers on here are based in Nigeria and have not worked for foreign production companies in their life. General Motors here in the states does not manufacture their vehicle parts,most productions are outsourced to different companies all over the globe before they are brought back to GM Detroit plant for assembly. Why are you guys knocking down your fellow man's hard work? I consider arm chair critics as envious people.

tell them,ignoramus grin
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 11:10am On May 14, 2012
Big things start from little things. Bigs ups to the guy I hope things get better. Knowing Nigerians they will never buy this car. In fact he has more chances of making sales in Niger and togo than in Nigeria.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by EkwyOmalicha: 11:11am On May 14, 2012
Biggoozz:

@ Ekwy, I will be very happy if he cooperates with you guys. If you need my input mail me @ solutionboxx@gmail.com

cool
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 11:12am On May 14, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/936580/nigeria-ranks-second-world-road

Nigeria roads kill more than HIV and cancer when i see some empty heads here trying to pull down one of the best achievement the country can boast of in Africa apart from terrorism and armed robbers,looting, in fact all the evil in these world is in Nigeria...Nothing to boast for that country..Shame to enemies of progress boko haram sponsors and the rest of them,you will get your reward if you dont appreciate good thing it will never come your way..........

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by ak47mann(m): 11:15am On May 14, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

tell them,ignoramus grin
yeah other west African countries like Ghana have started already............
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by airmark(m): 11:19am On May 14, 2012
Biggoozz:

[b]I am from Nnewi, with a professional service (consulting) background. I have called Innoson himself severally and sent him a document detailing the way forward to breaking into the Nigerian market with or without the Govt assistance; and this was after I had gone to his Oshodi/Mile 2 express show room, conducted a research on the IVM brand visibility and rallied a consortium of well performing business enterprise building consulting firms in Nigeria to support him, but the man would not listen. The other day I called him and informed him of an on-going plan to resuscitate the use of helmets by Okada users in Lagos and advised him on how to plug in and sell his helmets, he refused to comply.

Innoson should tow the path of Coscharis his Nnewi brother who has institutionalised his business and is succeeding without stress. If you call Innoson on phone he would be multitasking with mundane issues and you cannot buy a single car from his company without speaking with him directly. If he does not structure his business well, the burden may kill him and the the business dies a natural death. This is very unfortunate.[/b]

Don't blame the man, he is afraid of kidnappers in iboland. No offeinse.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 11:19am On May 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

Is this my Ekwy'm?! angry

Bia nwayi, obu gi di ifa?!

I am all for encouraging locally "MANUFACTURED" products... emphasis on "MANUFACTURED"... Halleluyah!! .. BUT not at the expense of consumer choice... YES!! I said stay away.. If you have watched the programme "How it built" on Discovery, and seen the episode on vehicle manufacturing, you would see that most parts are put through a quality test to determine its factor of safety... Even the finished vehicles, some prototypes are driven at top speed into a concrete wall with a Test dummy/manequin at the wheel just so that the rating, performance under stress and others things are determined..

Innoson needs to be able to give the Public certain figures and facts about their vehicles first. How many star rating do those cars carry?! Are their vehicles allowed in the european, UAE and american markets?! What are the safety and quality control measures employed by the company. How many parts are "MANUFACTURED" locally, e.t.c..

WHY are we clamouring for the government to patronize innoson which is an assembly warehouse for unproven chinese vehicle owned by 1 man when we have two giant dying companies in Peugeot Automobile & Volkswagen of Nigeria that assemble internationally known, tested, trusted and proven brands, are listed on the Nigerian Stock exchange, are public Liability and have the capacity to sell their products even beyond the Nigerian market.?!

I remember Volkswagen of Nigeria exports its cars to European countries in its glorious days. And they were assembled at the plant in ojo. With time, inno motors will get there.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by GAR3TH(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2012

Yes true but there is a Big difference between outsourcing your own materials and products to other companies and countries to produce and buying parts abroad just to replace the name.

Even if Ford, toyota and these other companies outsource their cars they are still engineered, design and tested buy that same company.

Just like how peugeot and volkswagen outsourced their cars to Nigeria for assembly, Thoses cars were designed and engineered buy Peugeot & VW and not nigeria.

What Innoson does is different as in they buy cars/buses [parts] that were design and engineered by a different company [Wuling motors of China, King Long United Automotive, Dongfeng Special Vehicle (Shiyan) etc] and put their logo on it.

Its based on a joint venture agreement they signed with those companies so all they have to do is assemble it after they receive the kit.

Its kind of how you assemble furniture that comes in a box, you didn't make the furniture you just assembled it.

Non the less it doesn't matter since the company does employ nigerians and adds to the economy

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Okijajuju1(m): 11:34am On May 14, 2012

Very technical point but then again;

GM designs their vehicles from scratch in America, from body to mechanics and down to the transmission. They only outsource the building of specific parts to other companies due to Cheap Labour. The difference between GM and Innoson is;

1. GM owns the vehicle from design to techincal to mechanical of their cars.. They even specify what kind of meterials are to be used down to the specs it should be manufactured to.. Innoson dosent not own, nor do they contribute to the technical or design of their vehicles..

2. Innoson is a third party assembly point.. They are neither involved in the design nor manufacturing of the car, all the do is assemble a vehicle designed by the chinese..

And again, most of you are misunderstanding me... I have no beef with innoson motors.. All I am saying is that while you all are advocating that the government patronise a one man business like Innosson, lets not forget the Public Company like Peugeot and Volkswagen Nigeria that do the same things as innoson, with better and tested products that we have let to rot.

If we want innoson to have an edge, let them fight to enter the market like others before them.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by chino11(m): 11:47am On May 14, 2012
lalaosky:
nwanne awu mu nwa afo igbo ka gi mana biko rapu nzuzu ena eme...pls stop this bigotry for crying out loud..dis good news z abt nigeria not tribe..pls stop dis rubbish u r writng up dia

Nwanne rapu okwu. Onye bu onye nzuzu? O bu gi.

Nigeria has since gone regional, the earlier you start facing this reality the better you become. A common tricycle called 'AUTONOV' cobbled by one Yoruba man is being praised to high heaven. How much more a giant innovation by Innoson that can compete very well with what is produced in Japan and Germany.

So in a nutshell there is nothing like Nigeria but regions taking glory for what they have produced. Some people have decided to become baboons drawing us back in the name of Nigeria. The world need to know those regions in that makes Nigeria thick science and technology wise.

3 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by boneyone(m): 11:54am On May 14, 2012
FYI:
Innosson manufactures some components in Nigeria. Innosson started with importing motor cycles and had a plastic manufacturing company, he realised he could reduce cost and make more profit by reducing the size of components being imported(plastic parts of a motor bike) **Coscharis used this same tactics, if one container can carry 40 bikes, if u remove some plastic parts you get to load more bikes in a container**. Same innovation he has put into the buses, most parts plastic and material (chairs etal) are produced in nigeria. Bottom line he has to be given credit for job creation to the painters , paint manufacturers, tailors etc. I believe thats what we should commend him for.
And we can now raise issues on safety based on tests and also statements from firms and individuals already using their vehicles.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Okijajuju1(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2012
boneyone: FYI:
Innosson manufactures some components in Nigeria. Innosson started with importing motor cycles and had a plastic manufacturing company, he realised he could reduce cost and make more profit by reducing the size of components being imported(plastic parts of a motor bike) **Coscharis used this same tactics, if one container can carry 40 bikes, if u remove some plastic parts you get to load more bikes in a container**. Same innovation he has put into the buses, most parts plastic and material (chairs etal) are produced in nigeria. Bottom line he has to be given credit for job creation to the painters , paint manufacturers, tailors etc. I believe thats what we should commend him for.
And we can now raise issues on safety based on tests and also statements from firms and individuals already using their vehicles.

Only in Nigeria will you hear such bullshit!!

We should use real human beings to test the safety of the vehicles...

#death..
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by PHIPEX(m): 12:00pm On May 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

Sir, misinformation atimes can be worse than ignorance, Why do some people talk about Assemblying a product as if its a wrong thing to do (even if thats what Innoson does). this is the difference between an Assemblying plant and a manufacturing plant according to wiki.answer.com
"In an assembly line, the product moves, so at one station, a worker adds the same part to every item. This is assembly line manufacturing (as pioneered by Henry Ford). This scheme affords a company the option of manufacturing many similar items efficiently.

An example of pure manufacture is the construction of an airplane, where different sections of the airplane are brought to a single spot and added to the ship. A worker may weld or fit in all the variable parts in several sections. This scheme affords a company the option of manufacturing a single item efficiently, especially one with multiple thousands of parts."

You can present a different defination if you have.

As far as am concerned, nobody is praying for the death of PAN and others afterall FG's official cars are majorly Peugeot. But am more interested in Innoson because it has a Nigerian Trademark, whoever hears of PAN knows that its a subsidiary of a French company samething as most other plants in the country. Lets give Innoson the opportunity to launch Nigeria's auto industry in global arena. The Toyotas and Tatas we are buying today were one man businesses where they started but were encouraged by their people.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 14, 2012
Toytota and Honda all the way.nigerian roads need rugged cars not mobile coffins whose engines are likely to burst at top speed. cheesy
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by zuzuonyi: 12:15pm On May 14, 2012
THIS IS VEHICLE ASSEMBLY, NOT MANUFACTURING!
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Okijajuju1(m): 12:16pm On May 14, 2012
PHIPEX:

Sir, misinformation atimes can be worse than ignorance, Wht do some people talk of Assemblying a product as if its a wrong to do (even ig thats what Innoson does). this is the difference between an Assemblying plant and a manufacturing plant according to wiki.answer.com
"In an assembly line, the product moves, so at one station, a worker adds the same part to every item. This is assembly line manufacturing (as pioneered by Henry Ford). This scheme affords a company the option of manufacturing many similar items efficiently.

An example of pure manufacture is the construction of an airplane, where different sections of the airplane are brought to a single spot and added to the ship. A worker may weld or fit in all the variable parts in several sections. This scheme affords a company the option of manufacturing a single item efficiently, especially one with multiple thousands of parts."

You present a different defination if you have.

As far as am concerned, nobody is praying for the death of PAN and others afterall FG's official cars are majorly Peugeot. But am more interested in Innoson because it has a Nigerian Trademark, whoever hears of PAN knows that its a subsidiary of a French company samething as most other plants in the country. Lets give Innoson the opportunity to launch Nigeria's auto industry in global arena. The Toyotas and Tatas we are buying today were one man businesses where they started but were encouraged by their people.

Did you just use the definition of an "assembly line" to talk all that crap?!!

Dude... The talk here remains that Innoson is not the original author of his vehicles, he simply imports and puts together.. What he runs here is an assembly point. Now wether its a line or not is left for others to talk about. Can innoson on his own alter the specs of the vehicle like say increase the brake horse power or dashboard design?! The answer is NO!! What he gets from China is what he assembles. Even Ford and GM which are american companies built most of their parts in Asia with/to American specifications...

Same goes for a plane. Companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Airbus, makers of the 777 series, fighter jets and dreamliners are all Airplane companies, but the parts that come together to make-up the plane are made by different companies for them. E.g is the Airbus A-380 engines are made by 2 separate companies Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney.. But the specs were designed by Airbus.. Understand!! Most manufacturing companies do not make all the components of their products, but they design the specs themselves and then outsource to a third party manufacturer.

1 Like

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 14, 2012
Its called assembling not manufacturing. Well its better than nothing.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by Olufemichael(m): 12:22pm On May 14, 2012
ak47mann: ota pia pia is cheap in the market,if it pain you Yoruba low-self esteem monkeys go and have 5 table spoons of smooth sweet OTA PIA PIA and quench beacuse you are not meant to live cool
MR, MUST YOU ACT LIKE YOU DON'T HAVE BRAIN CELLS? MUST YOU TRIBALISE ISSUES? STOP BEING PRIMITIVE AND GROW UP, THE WORLD NEED SELFLESS PEOPLE, NOT NUISANCE, IT IS JUST AN ADVICE.
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by chino11(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2012
Okija_juju:

Did you just use the definition of an "assembly line" to talk all that crap?!!

Dude... The talk here remains that Innoson is not the original author of his vehicles, he simply imports and puts together.. What he runs here is an assembly point. Now wether its a line or not is left for others to talk about. [b]Can innoson on his own alter the specs of the vehicle like say increase the brake horse power or dashboard design?! The answer is NO!! [/b]What he gets from China is what he assembles. Even Ford and GM which are american companies built most of their parts in Asia with/to American specifications...

Same goes for a plane. Companies like Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Airbus, makers of the 777 series, fighter jets and dreamliners are all Airplane companies, but the parts that come together to make-up the plane are made by different companies for them. E.g is the Airbus A-380 engines are made by 2 separate companies Rolls-Royce and Pratt & Whitney.. But the specs were designed by Airbus.. Understand!! Most manufacturing companies do not make all the components of their products, but they design the specs themselves and then outsource to a third party manufacturer.

You are loosing it. How do you know about the bolded? Have you been to the Plant @ Anambra to know all these details? I will suggest you do your research thoroughly before coming online to conflict issues.

2 Likes

Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by stillme(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2012
Not again. Why must all threads lead to tribalism?
Every successful man think beyond tribalism. Tribalism leads to voilence. Every tribalists on this nairaland are devil's agents. They are on nairaland to bedevil the growth of nairaland. Seun beware!
God didnt put enmity between men. Why must we?
Re: PICTURES: Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company by chino11(m): 12:32pm On May 14, 2012
This is the production/manufacturing process. This does not look to me as assembling rather pure manufacturing and production.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

This Accident Happend At Aggrey Road PortHarcout This Morning(very Graphic Pic) / 5 Ways To Identify Bullet Proof Cars On Nigerian Roads. / Vintage Cars On The Street Of Lagos During Independence Day Drive (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.