Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha (21132 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by babapupa: 10:09pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

I did not hide any post on such argument you are claiming, that will not be an off topic. Posts arguing that the brewery is unnecessary are still visible. I only hid arguments about rice productions in SE and SW and tribal insults. the hidden posts are still visible to Seun and other moderators, any of them can confirm what am saying to you.

Yes I was on that particular thread and I posted on it, but didn't find any post offensive. The post you are complaining about is a commendation of the rice mill, but I guess the poster's sarcasm was lost to you (read it again). Anyways I have removed the picture from the post.

Apology is not to beg me, but to show a remorse for wrong doing. I expect you to know the difference.

You are yet to tell me what the picture is doing in the thread regardless of what you termed sarcasm?

Is Oga Fash is black about Rice too?

Of what use are hidden posts to me and non mods? Do you hid them for your own personal consumption? Don't you have to do wrong before apologizing for any wrong doing? Why apologize for other people's skewed perceptions.

I have to agree with and support everything on NL to escape your ban? Sorry, I'm not a coward and I don't role like that, I meant and stand by my comments and I'm not apologizing.

Like I said, keep the ban forever if you like and if it makes you chew gum faster, it's your choice.

This is really pointless, I'm done.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 10:17pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

And you're happy with the bolded part, huh??

I see GEJ is not the only clueless Nigerian - cluelessness is the bane of the Nigerian society...

Like Wole Soyinka said: "A mistake in London, is fashion in Nigeria." Go figure!!!

Yet, Nigerians scream industrialization every damn day.. But how do you industrialize without manufacturing anything?? Loooooool!!!

What brought GEJ into this discourse?
You were really lost in my post….. Nobody should criticise this plant since Nigerians ve bn stomaching imported beverage without qualms. read in-between my lines.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by rhymz(m): 10:53pm On May 16, 2012
babapupa:

You are yet to tell me what the picture is doing in the thread regardless of what you termed sarcasm?

Is Oga Fash is black about Rice too?

Of what use are hidden posts to me and non mods? Do you hid them for your own personal consumption? Don't you have to do wrong before apologizing for any wrong doing? Why apologize for other people's skewed perceptions.

I have to agree with and support everything on NL to escape your ban? Sorry, I'm not a coward and I don't role like that, I meant and stand by my comments and I'm not apologizing.

Like I said, keep the ban forever if you like and if it makes you chew gum faster, it's your choice.

This is really pointless, I'm done.
guy if you don't mind, take your whinning to the appropriate quarters abeg, you are indirectly derailing the essence of this thread.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jbaur24: 11:00pm On May 16, 2012
rhymz: guy if you don't mind, take your whinning to the appropriate quarters abeg, you are indirectly derailing the essence of this thread.

I don't know why that clown called eko ile has chosen an Igbo thread as important as this to air his senseless comments and frustrations. We are talking about industrialization in the East and major FDIs in Onitsha, the clown should leave this thread now.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 16, 2012
i didn't even know there is a harbor industrial zone in onitsha.
this must be new
great news!
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Ejine(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2012
I still think Charles Soludo would totally blow this guy out the park.
Nice plant, though.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by cantell(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2012
re@lchange:
i didn't even know there is a harbor industrial zone in onitsha.
this must be new
great news!
Shows you're confined to one place and you've never stepped foot outside your state.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by amakazukie: 11:17pm On May 16, 2012
Hmmmm. I don't get this whole thing. Must it be a brewery. and the employment? I pray it will be a fair one
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 11:39pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:
What brought GEJ into this discourse?
You were really lost in my post….. Nobody should criticise this plant since Nigerians ve bn stomaching imported beverage without qualms. read in-between my lines.

I only used GEJ, and his cluelessness figuratively lol.

I'm not knocking the brewery plant - all I'm saying is that we need to start creating our own...

When McDonalds left Nigeria, we created Mr. Biggs.. Look how big it is now, and they sell our indigenous food and snacks... I definitely would go to a Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers etc.. before KFC, Subway, or McDonalds.

If we can started branding our palm wine the right way, and making it look more attractive (not the shabby bottles Jason posted) - maybe, Nigerians would start buying that..

Palm Wine definitely tastes better than all those pissy beer, anyways.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by babapupa: 11:45pm On May 16, 2012
rhymz: guy if you don't mind, take your whinning to the appropriate quarters abeg, you are indirectly derailing the essence of this thread.

Was I talking to you or must you show face when adults are talking. What are you going to do about it anyway? ? Cry to the mods as usual? Weaklings...
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by guonno: 12:00am On May 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Do not be decieved. Sabmiller is 100% owned by peter obi. They also produce Grand Malt which is owned by peter obi. The rubbish they are saying that the state govt owns this and that percent and local investors this and that is a diversion. This is a project the EFCC must help the next governor to fully recover for the state because it with built with 100% of Anambra money. Sabmiller for now is a scam project. One of the many massive loots of Peter Obi.
ANU OFIA! How many job ur papa create for anambra people.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by eemmyyy: 12:08am On May 17, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Do not be decieved. Sabmiller is 100% owned by peter obi. They also produce Grand Malt which is owned by peter obi. The rubbish they are saying that the state govt owns this and that percent and local investors this and that is a diversion. This is a project the EFCC must help the next governor to fully recover for the state because it with built with 100% of Anambra money. Sabmiller for now is a scam project. One of the many massive loots of Peter Obi.
u should hv hidden ur ignorance under the umbrella of silence than opening that crap to show ur factless notion. ok; even if Gov. Obi owns 101% of d company does it stop Nigerians from benefitting frm it. INGRATE
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 12:19am On May 17, 2012
shymmex:

I'm not knocking the brewery plant - all I'm saying is that we need to start creating our own...

When McDonalds left Nigeria, we created Mr. Biggs.. Look how big it is now, and they sell our indigenous food and snacks... I definitely would go to a Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers etc.. before KFC, Subway, or McDonalds.

If we can started branding our palm wine the right way, and making it look more attractive (not the shabby bottles Jason posted) - maybe, Nigerians would start buying that..

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

McDonalds in Nigeria ......Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:21am On May 17, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

McDonalds in Nigeria ......Gezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So, you don't know Mr. Biggs used to be McDonalds looool

Read about Nigerian history, little ekwy omalicha nma. grin
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On May 17, 2012
McDonalds has [size=15pt]NEVER[/size] had a presence in Nigeria . . . .. Make una softly softly lie lie oooo!!!

@Poster, what has Jonathan to do with SAB Miller opening a Brewery in Onitsha? Since when did the Federal Government get into the Beer industry.

note the emphasis on Never.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Butoneday2(m): 12:34am On May 17, 2012
''SABmiller is a very 9ice drink, when i was in South Africa 2002-2008, i use to take it, its nice and mild. U'll like it. Bravo to Oga peter Obi''. Now u hav wake from ur sleep.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:42am On May 17, 2012
Bytch, I didn't post my comment to you... Please, ignore me next time... I don't have time for psychos. undecided
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 12:43am On May 17, 2012
[quote author=shymmex]

Must you use GEJ ….ve you run out of names to use?

but we already ve ours....Nigerian Breweries.

McDonalds is yet to establish an outlet in Nigeria….even your ‘’ China’’ ve McDonalds outlets scattered all over their country despite their indigenous brands.

Branding of palm wine will not stop people from going for beer….. People ve their individual preference….and that have to be considered too.

Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc ve huge Auto plants in the US but it doesn’t stop Americans from patronising their GM brand…..so what re you all about?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 12:43am On May 17, 2012
[
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 12:45am On May 17, 2012
@Ekwy Omalicha

Mr. Bigg's is Nigeria's first[citation needed] chain of fast food restaurants. Owned by conglomerate United African Company of Nigeria PLC, there are currently around 170 locations in Nigeria, including the country's first drive-through restaurant, with another four locations in Ghana.

The restaurant is styled after McDonald's, and is known for its red and yellow colour scheme and meat pies. Mr. Bigg's history begins with the coffee shops inside Kingsway Department Stores in the 1960s. In 1973, these shops were rebranded as Kingsway Rendezvous, which became Mr. Bigg's in 1986. The chain saw rapid expansion after becoming one of the first Nigerian companies to sell franchises to investors

^^^ My bad, that was what I was referring to... Atleast, it's a Nigerian brand...
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 12:49am On May 17, 2012
shymmex:

So, you don't know Mr. Biggs used to be McDonalds looool

Read about Nigerian history, little ekwy omalicha nma. grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

re you kidding me grin grin
UAC Owners of Mr Biggs is a fully owned Nigerian public company and one of the largest diversified businesses in the private sector.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jmaine: 1:00am On May 17, 2012
[size=18pt] Busted[/size]
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:02am On May 17, 2012
GEJ is the only Nigerian I can think of who's synonymous with cluelessness lol... grin

I know who have Nigerian breweries, but what's bad about having other Nigerian companies?? I want palm wine to be a global brand, because the taste is indigenous to Nigeria - just as Jamaicans have ginger beer... There's hardly anywhere you won't find ginger beer... Palm wine gives a unique Nigerian taste, you won't get anywhere else... When you think of the Irish, you think of guinness; the Scots has whiskey; and Jamaicans have ginger beer... Nigeria needs the globalisation palm wine!! grin...

I know it won't stop people from buying beer - but a well branded cheap alternative, with a unique Nigerian taste - will definitely provide succour for the poor who wants to get the 'high' people get from beer...
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:04am On May 17, 2012
I don't know why this fool is laughing... I thought it used to be McDs because of the logo - just as AP used to be BP...

Phucking retarded, vile kid... Go play with your fun pics! undecided
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 1:13am On May 17, 2012
shymmex: GEJ is the only Nigerian I can think of who's synonymous with cluelessness lol... grin

I know who have Nigerian breweries, but what's bad about having other Nigerian companies?? I want palm wine to be a global brand, because the taste is indigenous to Nigeria - just as Jamaicans have ginger beer... There's hardly anywhere you won't find ginger beer... Palm wine gives a unique Nigerian taste, you won't get anywhere else... When you think of the Irish, you think of guinness; the Scots has whiskey; and Jamaicans have ginger beer... Nigeria needs the globalisation palm wine!! grin...

I know it won't stop people from buying beer - but a well branded cheap alternative, with a unique Nigerian taste - will definitely provide succour for the poor who wants to get the 'high' people get from beer...

@ Shymmex go to bed you re not making sense any more sad
How is palm wine cheaper than beer?
BTW @Jason ve posted pics of well packaged palms wine that is already on sale in the UK….so I ask again what re you on about?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 1:13am On May 17, 2012
d
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:29am On May 17, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:
@ Shymmex go to bed you re not making sense any more sad
How is palm wine cheaper than beer?
BTW @Jason ve posted pics of well packaged palms wine that is already on sale in the UK….so I ask again what re you on about?

The one Jason posted isn't well packaged IMO.. It looks like the packaging of some of those bottled palm oil sold in African shops in London... It needs better packaging..

I for one will prefer drinking palm wine to pissy beer.. Beer stinks to me..

And palm wine is definitely cheaper than beer...

We need our own well branded 'ginger beer', that's what I'm on about...
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 1:32am On May 17, 2012
@Ekwy Omalicha

Omalicha, biko let's play a little bit before they start the NBA playoffs. wink cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by ril19(m): 2:42am On May 17, 2012
On what basis do u say all this? Even if conversely ur allegations are proven true, wouldn't u rather hail obituary who re-invests his looks in his home to ease the inherent unemployment problem as against others who would take their loot out to enrich the already rich white man?

Mr. Globe:
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Onlytruth(m): 3:50am On May 17, 2012
Good one Obi. However, please note that more companies will come if you build that international airport at Onitsha. This company and many like it will need easy international access to thrive.
All these people dissing Obi are just ingrates. Great job Obi. I await 100 more of commensurate INTERNATIONAL DIRECT INVESTMENT IN ANAMBRA!
I hope other Eastern governors are working similarly hard to attract such big investors.
Our people need jobs!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Turbocharged: 5:46am On May 17, 2012
Na only and your papa.
HNosegbe: I would have loved to see an estimate of how many jobs will be created.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Visual Encounters This Morning In Abuja / PDP Stakeholders Accuse Jonathan, Turnah, Others Of Anti-party Activities / Pat Utomi For President In 2007?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.