Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,046 members, 7,814,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha (21129 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 7:54pm On May 16, 2012
@shymmex

You don't want me to ban you, do you?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J: @shymmex

Nah!! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 7:58pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J: @shymmex

bros pls un-ban ekwy nwa……
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 7:58pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

I understand where you're coming from, and I know jobs would be created - but most of these companies usually take their profits out of Nigeria.. Heck, they don't even pay taxes...

If we can use MTN vs Globalcom as a case study - it shows we need to create our own brand; to create competition; drag the prices down; and create alternatives for people.. We can't just keep bringing them in to monopolize our market, maximize their profits, and leave us with little or nothing...

Even china had to create their own indigenous chinese brand of everything - hence, why we have all these chinese substandard version of electronics, designer wears etc. (though, ridiculously cheap).

Yes, what do you expect?

First, it depends on what kinds of laws that are present in Nigeria, for instance, U.S. Corporate laws are "VERY STRICT". Most companies don't even pay dividends for a couple of years, and when they do, certain fed laws mandate them to invest a certain % of that income back into system of face huge tax liabilities. In addition to that, the ownership rules takes another phase - most foreign companies are into partnerships with local or domestic investor because fed laws mandate that foreigners can ONLY maintain a 25% revolving stake in the company. So with regards to profits and taxes, either way, if our system is structured some what this way, there won't be ANY fret about profits leaving the country in HUGE amounts.

Your MTN/Globacom case study is VERY GOOD, however, like I said, I'm all for creating brands, but we need to stress further, what use is of brand when it can't compete in a domestic market? I personally DO NOT and WILL NOT attack foreign companies that come into Nigeria to invest but our govt and our people. We Nigerians are our own killers of entrepreneurship, we expect to sell substandard products/services for exorbitant prices and expect people to patronize us. In the global scheme of things, IT DOES NOT WORK. For there to be aggressive AND healthy competition, the market needs VIABLE alternatives. I strongly believe that our "Nigerian Brand" will bring itself out the moment we look past our "Greedy Profit" margin and focus on the long run. BTW, blame your Nigerian regulators who do not protect the citizens, hence leaving them with nothing. If regulators did their job, monopoly WILL NOT exist.

To be honest, China barely have their own brand of anything. They're just remaking what other brands are doing, here we call them "Generic" products. The reason why people troop in hordes to China is NOT because of their brand, but the ability to produce alternatives to brands for cheap (YOU SAID IT YOURSELF). How are you gonna call that "Brand"? Brand is quality and speaks for itself. Like I said before, those things are what we call generic items, anyone and anybody can manufacture them.

Final note is that, foreign or domestic, while brand is important, healthy and viable alternative is paramount to success of any given economy.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 8:01pm On May 16, 2012
manny4life:

Yes, what do you expect?

First, it depends on what kinds of laws that are present in Nigeria, for instance, U.S. Corporate laws are "VERY STRICT". Most companies don't even pay dividends for a couple of years, and when they do, certain fed laws mandate them to invest a certain % of that income back into system of face huge tax liabilities. In addition to that, the ownership rules takes another phase - most foreign companies are into partnerships with local or domestic investor because fed laws mandate that foreigners can ONLY maintain a 25% revolving stake in the company. So with regards to profits and taxes, either way, if our system is structured some what this way, there won't be ANY fret about profits leaving the country in HUGE amounts.

Your MTN/Globacom case study is VERY GOOD, however, like I said, I'm all for creating brands, but we need to stress further, what use is of brand when it can't compete in a domestic market? I personally DO NOT and WILL NOT attack foreign companies that come into Nigeria to invest but our govt and our people. We Nigerians are our own killers of entrepreneurship, we expect to sell substandard products/services for exorbitant prices and expect people to patronize us. In the global scheme of things, IT DOES NOT WORK. For there to be aggressive AND healthy competition, the market needs VIABLE alternatives. I strongly believe that our "Nigerian Brand" will bring itself out the moment we look past our "Greedy Profit" margin and focus on the long run.

To be honest, China barely have their own brand of anything. They're just remaking what other brands are doing, here we call them "Generic" products. The reason why people troop in hordes to China is NOT because of their brand, but the ability to produce alternatives to brands for cheap (YOU SAID IT YOURSELF). How are you gonna call that "Brand"? Brand is quality and speaks for itself. Like I said before, those things are what we call generic items, anyone and anybody can manufacture them.

Final note is that, foreign or domestic, while brand is important, healthy and viable alternative is paramount to success of any given economy.

thanks for educating Shymmex aka Shy guy cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 8:03pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

bros pls un-ban ekwy nwa……

ekwy nwa should write a letter of apology and promise to be of good behaviour.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

He should also be on his knees while apologisiumining grin
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 8:16pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

ekwy nwa is a good girl....haba do you want me to apologise on behalf of some people…… pls send your postal address.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 8:16pm On May 16, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

He should also be on his knees while apologisiumining grin

Ekiti mama free me joor cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by babapupa: 8:29pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

What are you banning people for? What I posted was an indirect view of your one track mind response to everything. You camped inside this thread hiding posts all over the place and banning people, but the same people you are protecting here are in other threads doing the exact thing you are banning people for here.

The Lagos rice mill thread is still there with trash and dirty and ugly pictures that you obviously ignored simply because we don't yell and cry like some people. Have you cleaned anything out in that thread? No of course.

Even lifting the ban on the folks you banned is partial and inconsistent.

Be honest and consistent with yourself.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

Ekiti mama free me joor cheesy cheesy

You'll remain banned until I say so or until you're ready to apologize on your knees cool
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 16, 2012
manny4life:

You can't really compare the U.S to Nigeria. Obviously their corporate laws would be strict because they don't go around begging for investments - they're self-made, and also the lone voice in the mono-polar new world order. Nigeria on the other hand, is a 'beggar' - and like they say: "beggars can't be choosers." We're not there yet - and I don't think can demand everything you listed in the post above. Heck, they would move their investment to neighbouring countries...

Your MTN/Globacom case study is VERY GOOD, however, like I said, I'm all for creating brands, but we need to stress further, what use is of brand when it can't compete in a domestic market? I personally DO NOT and WILL NOT attack foreign companies that come into Nigeria to invest but our govt and our people. We Nigerians are our own killers of entrepreneurship, we expect to sell substandard products/services for exorbitant prices and expect people to patronize us. In the global scheme of things, IT DOES NOT WORK. For there to be aggressive AND healthy competition, the market needs VIABLE alternatives. I strongly believe that our "Nigerian Brand" will bring itself out the moment we look past our "Greedy Profit" margin and focus on the long run. BTW, blame your Nigerian regulators who do not protect the citizens, hence leaving them with nothing. If regulators did their job, monopoly WILL NOT exist.

Our indigenous products are expensive because we produce very little. If we can produce in large quantities - the price will definitely drop..

That's where most people got it twisted when it comes to china. Bro, you need to do your research about china. China has its own brands, which can compete against most of the other brands out there... The only difference is that china don't really need to export that much, because of its huge population..

These are the list of some of china's brands:

1) Haier.
2) Lenovo (Arguably one of the best brands out there... My sister has a lenovo laptop, and a lenovo tablet. Easy to use, and durable).
3) Midea.
4) Hisense.
5) TCL.
6) Huawei.
7) ZTE (one of the best mobile phones out there).
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 8:39pm On May 16, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

You'll remain banned until I say so or until you're ready to apologize on your knees cool

lol grin
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:
lol grin

Omalicha, add something to the thread.. All you ever do is e-fight lol. grin wink
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by edoyad(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2012
How can I get a job at this Brewery? It would be my dream Job
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 16, 2012
edoyad: How can I get a job at this Brewery? It would be my dream Job

just go there and apply
every naija is qualified. just have whatever skills they need smiley

@topic, good one obi.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 16, 2012
re@lchange:

just go there and apply
every naija is qualified. just have whatever skills they need smiley

@topic, good one obi.

Before nko? It will be built with Naija money.
Na who dash money to discriminate?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 16, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Before nko? It will be built with Naija money.
Na who dash money to discriminate?

my sister no be so o
naija people funny sha
some go dey exclude some already, na im make i talk am.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 8:57pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

Omalicha, add something to the thread.. All you ever do is e-fight lol. grin wink

add what?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by otokx(m): 8:58pm On May 16, 2012
So is the consumption of alcohol on the increase in Nigeria?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

add what?

What you think about the topic at hand??
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 9:01pm On May 16, 2012
babapupa: OAM4J:

What are you banning people for? What I posted was an indirect view of your one track mind response to everything. You camped inside this thread hiding posts all over the place and banning people, but the same people you are protecting here are in other threads doing the exact thing you are banning people for here.

The Lagos rice mill thread is still there with trash and dirty and ugly pictures that you obviously ignored simply because we don't yell and cry like some people. Have you cleaned anything out in that thread? No of course.

Even lifting the ban on the folks you banned is partial and inconsistent.

Be honest and consistent with yourself.

If you are referring to this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/939179/lagos-unveils-mega-rice-processing then u will need to show me the 'trash, dirty & ugly pictures on it including the off topics posts similar to the ones on this thread.

2ndly I can not monitor all the posts made at the same time, Mr. Globe brought this thread to my attention. Rather than complaining cos a thread was cleaned simply report other threads that need attention.

I have not unbanned anyone, and yes I will unban anyone that shows enough remorse. The essence of the ban is to deter people from repeating the same offense. It is not about inconsistency. Anybody sober enough to realize his/her mistakes, apologise and promise not to repeat it has always been shown some mercy. Its not new on NL.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 9:07pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

ekwy nwa is a good girl....haba do you want me to apologise on behalf of some people…… pls send your postal address.

ekwy nwa did not behave well on this thread and she broke the rules. You dont need an address to send a message to any moderator. Simple check the profile of any moderator you want to send a message and you will see a link that allows you to send a message to the moderator.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by rhymz(m): 9:09pm On May 16, 2012
Better mehn, I will like to see a situation where development and industrialization is not entirely limited to Lagos alone.
Seriously, Lagos is sucking opportunities even from neigbouring states like Ogun and Oyo states. There should be some spread across other states and regions too. This one is a big investment that can employ as much as 3000-4000 people, That's huge. Besides, Onitsha has always been a perculiar place with very many opportunities similar to Lagos.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 9:25pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

What you think about the topic at hand??

I ve earlier made my point clear, the N 15B Brewery plant is a welcomed development… the venture will certainly generate funds for government in addition to job creation.Many jobless graduates will be engaged by the company 15 B is no child's change lol (quit roaming Peckham streets….jobs re down here for you)

Nigerians can stomach millions of imported drinks like Hunters, Red Bull, Power Horse, +46 and uncountable others …. How many times ve people criticised excessively importation of beverages? No sane mind shld go against this laudable project
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by babapupa: 9:28pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

If you are referring to this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/939179/lagos-unveils-mega-rice-processing then u will need to show me the 'trash, dirty & ugly pictures on it including the off topics posts similar to the ones on this thread.

2ndly I can not monitor all the posts made at the same time, Mr. Globe brought this thread to my attention. Rather than complaining cos a thread was cleaned simply report other threads that need attention.

I have not unbanned anyone, and yes I will unban anyone that shows enough remorse. The essence of the ban is to deter people from repeating the same offense. It is not about inconsistency. Anybody sober enough to realize his/her mistakes, apologise and promise not to repeat it has always been shown some mercy. Its not new on NL.

You can start with the picture on this page and the comment because has nothing to do with rice.

Most of the stuff you hid were valid points especially the fact that it's a valid opinion that we don't need more breweries in Nigeria because there is enough to get us all drunk 24/7 as I stated. Why was that hidden? Whay was so bad and terrible about that? Why is this a message board where people swap views if the same views are subject to your own suggestive lens and trashing?

All that you can not be in every thread excuse sounds ridiculous because you've been inside that and other threads on NL today. Agreed many people especially the culprits bug you when their little feelings gets hurt to intervene and you sometimes don't show prudence with your reaction.

What exactly do you need apology for? To beg you? Why? Will this prevent you from seeing people's future posts with the same distorted lens you often use or prevent any knee jack reaction on your part?

You formulate your own opinion about what what people say and you ban them according to that opinion inside your own head so apologizing is pointless. You can let the ban stay as pong as you want. It's your choice.

One man's good post or neutral post is another man's bad post so you can not keep going around banning people over everything posted on NL. My views might sound somehow to you, but it's still a legitimate view based on what's going on inside the thread.

Yes, some kind of moderation is needed here and there, but it's useless when they focus too much on silly banters or when they are misapplied based on on man's opinion.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 9:32pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

ekwy nwa did not behave well on this thread and she broke the rules. You dont need an address to send a message to any moderator. Simple check the profile of any moderator you want to send a message and you will see a link that allows you to send a message to the moderator.

lol grin
re you serious about the apology stuff? Is it a new rule in NL…
I was just flexing about the PT address.

i will send a message..thanks cool
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 9:51pm On May 16, 2012
babapupa:

You can start with the picture on this page and the comment because has nothing to do with rice.

Most of the stuff you hid were valid points especially the fact that it's a valid opinion that we don't need more breweries in Nigeria because there is enough to get us all drunk 24/7 as I stated. Why was that hidden? Whay was so bad and terrible about that? Why is this a message board where people swap views if the same views are subject to your own suggestive lens and trashing?

All that you can not be in every thread excuse sounds ridiculous because you've been inside that and other threads on NL today. Agreed many people especially the culprits bug you when their little feelings gets hurt to intervene and you sometimes don't show prudence with your reaction.

What exactly do you need apology for? To beg you? Why? Will this prevent you from seeing people's future posts with the same distorted lens you often use or prevent any knee jack reaction on your part?

You formulate your own opinion about what what people say and you ban them according to that opinion inside your own thread so apologizing is pointless. You can let the ban stay as pong as you want. It's your choice.

One man's good post or neutral post is another man's bad post so you can not keep going around banning people over everything posted on NL. My views might sound somehow to you, but it's still a legitimate view based on what's going on inside the thread.

Yes, some kind of moderation is needed here and there, but it's useless when they focus too much on silly banters or when they are misapplied based on on man's opinion.

I did not hide any post on such argument you are claiming, that will not be an off topic. Posts arguing that the brewery is unnecessary are still visible. I only hid arguments about rice productions in SE and SW and tribal insults. the hidden posts are still visible to Seun and other moderators, any of them can confirm what am saying to you.

Yes I was on that particular thread and I posted on it, but didn't find any post offensive. The post you are complaining about is a commendation of the rice mill, but I guess the poster's sarcasm was lost to you (read it again). Anyways I have removed the picture from the post.

Apology is not to beg me, but to show a remorse for wrong doing. I expect you to know the difference.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:
I ve earlier made my point clear, the N 15B Brewery plant is a welcomed development… the venture will certainly generate funds for government in addition to job creation.Many jobless graduates will be engaged by the company 15 B is no child's change lol (quit roaming Peckham streets….jobs re down here for you)

Nigerians can stomach millions of imported drinks like Hunters, Red Bull, Power Horse, +46 and uncountable others …. How many times ve people criticised excessively importation of beverages? No sane mind shld go against this laudable project

And you're happy with the bolded part, huh??

I see GEJ is not the only clueless Nigerian - cluelessness is the bane of the Nigerian society...

Like Wole Soyinka said: "A mistake in London, is fashion in Nigeria." Go figure!!!

Yet, Nigerians scream industrialization every damn day.. But how do you industrialize without manufacturing anything?? Loooooool!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Celebrates International Women’s Day (Photos) / Okorocha: "I Had The Opportunity Of Inspecting EFCC's facilities..." / My Visual Encounters This Morning In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.