Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha (21133 Views)

Fashola Commissions Jebba Hydro Power Plant In Niger State (photos) / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News / SABMiller To Build $100m Brewery In Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex: But seriously, is brewery plant going to industrialize Nigeria??

N15billion is a lot of money to invest on brewery (ether private or government). Why can't we build plant for our own indigenous palm wine, and export it??

It will take more than breweries in general to industrialize Nigeria. Take this as a foot in the door.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 16, 2012
jason123:

We have that!

Do we export that as well?? How come Nigerians don't drink that, but prefer these other pissy beer??

Nigerian guinness is heavy, I know a lot JA mans, Africans, and Irish people love it down here.. And it's available everywhere - but I've never seen our palm wine, though.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 7:18pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J: @shymmex & Ekwy Omalicha

Can you two please add yourselves as friends and continue your 'love' exchanges outside this section, alternatively shymmex, you can open a thread for her at Meeting & Dating section.

Thanks.

bros why did you ban ekwy nwa......
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:18pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex: But seriously, is brewery plant going to industrialize Nigeria??

N15billion is a lot of money to invest on brewery (ether private or government). Why can't we build plant for our own indigenous palm wine, and export it??

Its manufactured in Nigeria and processed in the UK and USA before its sold. Check out some African stores, you'll see it!

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 16, 2012
manny4life:

It will take more than breweries in general to industrialize Nigeria. Take this as a foot in the door.

I know, at least the indigenous ones will require indigenous raw materials from Nigeria itself.. Thus, creating more jobs - and selling a Nigerian brand..

Guinness, which Nigeria is famous for isn't even ours - it's Irish..
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 7:20pm On May 16, 2012
jmaine:

So na you dem nack Akpaco . .Kpele oo! . .OAM4J . .na superman now . . .no dey try am cheesy . .

It was bittyend and ekwy nwa that were banned. He came with his insults after the thread was cleaned and I left a warning, and was then banned.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 7:21pm On May 16, 2012
jason123:

Its manufactured in Nigeria and processed in the UK and USA before its sold. Check out some African stores, you'll see it!

@ Jason where can i buy this?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:21pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

Do we export that as well?? How come Nigerians don't drink that, but prefer these other pissy beer??

Nigerian guinness is heavy, I know a lot JA mans, Africans, and Irish people love it down here.. And it's available everywhere - but I've never seen our palm wine, though.

Nigerians drink it alot. Don't be deceived! Even during me sec school in Nigeria, after WAEC, omo see shayo with pepper soup, Nkwobi etc but it was palm wine and foreign drinks (mix). Baba Jamine go understand! wink cheesy
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 16, 2012
jason123:

African stores?? Nigerian guinness is in all corner shops everywhere in the UK... Heck, even tesco, asda, sainsburys, co-op, LIDL etc. sell Nigerian guinness.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:23pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

@ Jason where can i buy this?

If you are in the UK like me, go to any decent sized African store (its probably better to search for Nigerian stores specifically). You'll find them in bottles, if not, ask the owner.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 7:23pm On May 16, 2012
Ekwy Omalicha:

bros why did you ban ekwy nwa......

Because he and bittyend are the major culprits with tribal insults and highest number of derailing posts.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:24pm On May 16, 2012
manny4life:

Constant power supply is the key!
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by EkwyOmalicha: 7:26pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

It was bittyend and ekwy nwa that were banned. He came with his insults after the thread was cleaned and I left a warning, and was then banned.

@ ekwy nwa doesn’t deserve any ban…I was only fumigating the messed thread ….is it now a crime to clean after people?
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 7:26pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

I know, at least the indigenous ones will require indigenous raw materials from Nigeria itself.. Thus, creating more jobs - and selling a Nigerian brand..

Guinness, which Nigeria is famous for isn't even ours - it's Irish..

Look around you, and the global environment, how many items are indigenous/brand to their nations? I'm not saying it's not there, and it's not important, but why try to re-invent the wheel? I think the "raw materials" analysis is a lil off. Besides, who says jobs cannot be created using foreign investment? I understand the Nigerian brand, but we have a long way to go before developing the "Nigerian Brand" because it doesn't happen overnight.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:26pm On May 16, 2012
shymmex:

African stores?? Nigerian guinness is in all corner shops everywhere in the UK... Heck, even tesco, asda, sainsburys, co-op, LIDL etc. sell Nigerian guinness.

Palm wine is not loved by everyone, even some Nigerians; that is probably why you don't see them in major stores. I'll check in Sainsbury though, they do sell palm oil, Nigerian indomie and co. . . undecided
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:28pm On May 16, 2012

This is the UK
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by manny4life(m): 7:28pm On May 16, 2012
jason123:

Constant power supply is the key!

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 7:30pm On May 16, 2012
afam4eva:
OAMJ, pls can you tell me why this delinquent has not been banned.

Banned.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by OAM4J: 7:32pm On May 16, 2012
One.east,

it takes less than 20 secs to remove your post and ban you compare to the amount of time you use in creating a new account. keep it up
wink
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Afam4eva(m): 7:34pm On May 16, 2012
OAM4J:

Banned.
Thanks. You're the best MOD in the entire universe grin grin grin. More grease to your elbow.
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 16, 2012
manny4life:
Look around you, and the global environment, how many items are indigenous/brand to their nations? I'm not saying it's not there, and it's not important, but why try to re-invent the wheel? I think the "raw materials" analysis is a lil off. Besides, who says jobs cannot be created using foreign investment? I understand the Nigerian brand, but we have a long way to go before developing the "Nigerian Brand" because it doesn't happen overnight.

I understand where you're coming from, and I know jobs would be created - but most of these companies usually take their profits out of Nigeria.. Heck, they don't even pay taxes...

If we can use MTN vs Globalcom as a case study - it shows we need to create our own brand; to create competition; drag the prices down; and create alternatives for people.. We can't just keep bringing them in to monopolize our market, maximize their profits, and leave us with little or nothing...

Even china had to create their own indigenous chinese brand of everything - hence, why we have all these chinese substandard version of electronics, designer wears etc. (though, ridiculously cheap).
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jmaine: 7:46pm On May 16, 2012
jason123:

Nigerians drink it alot. Don't be deceived! Even during me sec school in Nigeria, after WAEC, omo see shayo with pepper soup, Nkwobi etc but it was palm wine and foreign drinks (mix). Baba Jmaine go understand! wink cheesy

Sure cheesy . . .Even our palmy gulping principal at the unity school i attended recommended it for the boys "for thy eyes sake" . .See as men hail the man for assembly hall . . .Those days eehn . . . grin. . .We bin dey even go raid the principal "undiluted" supplies from him dealer cheesy . . .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:49pm On May 16, 2012
jmaine:

Sure cheesy . . .Even our palmy gulping principal at the unity school i attended recommended it for the boys "for thy eyes sake" . .See as men hail the man for assembly hall . . .Those days eehn . . . grin

Mehn, those days . . . well . . . smiley smiley

Omo, your "princei" knew the importance of vitamin A to d "bodi"!
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jason123: 7:50pm On May 16, 2012
Oga Jamine, you dey make me miss Niaja o! cry cry
Re: Jonathan To Open ₦15B SABMiller Brewery Plant In Onitsha by jmaine: 7:52pm On May 16, 2012
jason123:

Mehn, those days . . . well . . . smiley smiley

Omo, your "princei" knew the importance of vitamin A to d "bodi"!

The "princi" was a tight man . .we too feel am . . .legalizing palmy was his enduring legacy in the students mind . grin

jason123: Oga Jamine, you dey make me miss Niaja o! cry cry

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Expels Baraje, Oyinlola, Jaja / Why We Didn’t Disqualify Yahaya Bello for Double Registration -INEC / Why Tinubu And The APC Governors' Visit To GEJ Is Raising Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.