Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria (34425 Views)

Website Designing, Development & Training / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Teach Me Everything About Web Development In 3months And Name Your Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2012
shilling:

Looks like a website from the 90s haha

Nice thread though.
one of his works http://clickafrica.tv
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 10:02am On Jun 10, 2012
webace:
@Walex02,
That's a wise decision.
Becareful, when choosen a MENTOR. Use your due dilligent...

To our success!
I mean it! I always love learnin new tins if u can help i‘ll appreciat. Walexz.ibrahim3@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by funkymedina: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2012
A lot of this sites i am seeing are no differnt from wordpress blogs/sites. If your spending hours coding in html to produce this ur a waste of space. Get ur template and with minimal coding produce something beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by symbian03(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2012
tkovie2002:

Mehn go and drop that over colored rubbish you call a website.. Is that what you call web design?? everything is soo poor. even my first "hello world" website wasn't that bad. Please go and learn properly before you start buying domain names. Smh..

Yeah! His site is actually over-tinted with unfriendly color set. Crappy UI Optimization, he needs to learn. But you also need to critisize in a friendly way else you discourage the individual.

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2012
I don't think the money is encouraging sometimes in Nigeria. That's probably because of some hungry fellas doing it at cheap rate, I don't blame them, though.
Late last year and this year, I did like 7websites my personals not included. 3 were free, the paid ones weren't even up to 40k and those companies were multi million companies. Didn't care about the money 'cause I didn't do it for the money plus I don't believe in making websites for others except it's a big deal.
I believe the best way to make money is to think out of the box like others have said and start your own thing.
If you like commercials, don't worry, I've seen millions paid for a dynamic site that won't take more than 2weeks.
BTW,I am 18 and I built all the seven sites from scratch(not that it's difficult, anyway).

3 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by symbian03(m): 11:32am On Jun 10, 2012
Pain: The bitter pill is that I see a lot of aspiration here than perspiration, inspiration and collaboration. The problem with my brothers is that they tend to go it all alone. Web design requires collaboration and fusion of ideas. It like building a house. No single professional should do it all. Architects, engineers, painters, bricklayers etc must be involved. Most of the posters here are mere web enthusiasts than professionals. Nigeria cyberspace will only expand when we begin to see more specialization, collabos and synergy. Its my 50 shekels.

I concur! Programmers needs to conjoin with webdesigners! They're two different species. You can't probably know it all or be good at all. Thats one thing about freelancers
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by doncigalo: 11:39am On Jun 10, 2012
@symbiaon3 spot on!!
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by RuuDie(m): 11:54am On Jun 10, 2012
Pain: The bitter pill is that I see a lot of aspiration here than perspiration, inspiration and collaboration. The problem with my brothers is that they tend to go it all alone. Web design requires collaboration and fusion of ideas. It like building a house. No single professional should do it all. Architects, engineers, painters, bricklayers etc must be involved. Most of the posters here are mere web enthusiasts than professionals. Nigeria cyberspace will only expand when we begin to see more specialization, collabos and synergy. Its my 50 shekels.

MINT!!!

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by GudDoc(m): 12:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
Whether you'll make money depends on your marketing skills, bargaining skills and offcourse your web development skills
If you are interested in learning web development (html, templates oriented designs)
Visit our site for a series of original video tutorials made for beginners.

www.billionbinary.com
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by nikky5(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
Please I want to correct an impression.The property I purchased at Abule egba in Lagos is a flat on a half plot of land.48% of the total payment came from a single website job.I get them over time and I have just been offered another one.I also into computer engineering and networking but I made more money from website designs and someday I will post some of my sites here.Pray and work very hard and you will get there.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by yamakuza: 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2012
nikky5: Please I want to correct an impression.The property I purchased at Abule egba in Lagos is a flat on a half plot of land.48% of the total payment came from a single website job.I get them over time and I have just been offered another one.I also into computer engineering and networking but I made more money from website designs and someday I will post some of my sites here.Pray and work very hard and you will get there.

very believable.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
Well am nt a web designer.i'm a blogger with great potentials.since it concerns internet success,i guess i have a say.The magic word 4 success is hardwork.dat includes advertising,aggressive marketing and quality delivery.focus inclusive.when i was starting,a problogger refusd to advertise me,but dat didnt stop me from thinkin big.Am currently earning a minimum of 50grand monthly 4rm my blog, alphamarketer..com. Hardwork is d answer

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by stephenponti(m): 4:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by stephenponti(m): 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2012
Glad to find you guys here please it's has been almost a consuming desire for me to learn Programming . Please honorable member of the house , How can I start? Can I learn it independently or must I need a mentor? Which programming package is best for a dummy like me? Please, Honest advice can save me from wasting my effort in wrong field.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by likemic: 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
thanks for a topic like this, i have been looking forward to learning webdesigning. pls can someone suggest for me a good IT firm around Abuja. 08032975738,cosmasom@yahoo.com. thanks
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by SMEAdvisor: 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
From my experience,I think being just a website designer/web developer would not be enough.There's not alot of competition arising from the following sources:

1.Google through their "Get Nigerian Businesses Online in Partnership with MTN & Ecobank

2.New Technology - Most guys in this business are still utilizing obsolete appraoch of designing/developing only.If they have to benefit today's technology-driven business owner,they've got to innovate.learn and include digital marketing techniques.

3.Guys need to be more committed and always be on the look out on innovative ways to serve their customers.

You might want to view my post on New Media Marketing here: http://www.chukwuneduossai.com/new-media-vs-old-media/new-media-vs-old-media/

Good Luck Guys

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Djtm(m): 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2012
BOLAJIAJANI: I don't think the money is encouraging sometimes in Nigeria. That's probably because of some hungry fellas doing it at cheap rate, I don't blame them, though.
Late last year and this year, I did like 7websites my personals not included(static, dynamic wasn't useful). 3 were free, the paid ones weren't even up to 40k and those companies were multi million companies. Didn't care about the money cause I didn't do it for the money plus I don't believe in making websites for others except its a big deal.
I believe the best way to make money is to think out of the box like others have said and start your own thing.
If you like commercials, don't worry, I've seen millions being paid for a real dynamic site that won't take more than 2weeks.
BTW,I am 18 and I built all the seven sites from scratch(not that its difficult, anyways).

wow!! I'm #£ and my problem is; I'm too lazy to write html so I just stick to php. Can I c some of your works? I love young and creative pple.

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by aknessy(m): 10:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
creativity is d key to been a successful designer, be it web designs,graphics designs or odawiseᅫ! its all abt been versatile and logical. though i havent started full scale web designing and development,but i knw if ur creative and hardworking wit a little marketn skills u'll mk it! So many organisations r lukn 4 programmers dat r flexible and versatile,pple dat can adjust to diff pgming languages!

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by zubi1: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2012
where in Port Harcourt can I learn good web design from Joomla, Wordpress or any other one. please email me @ okachiazubuike@yahoo.com
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by zubi1: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2012
where in Port Harcourt can I learn good web design from Joomla, Wordpress or any other one. please email me @ okachiazubuike@yahoo.com or call 07030368833
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by matoyeh(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2012
Djtm:

wow!! I'm also 18 and my problem is; I'm too lazy to write html so I just stick to php. Can I c some of your works? I love young and creative pple.
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by BOLAJIAJANI(m): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2012
Djtm:

wow!! I'm also 18 and my problem is; I'm too lazy to write html so I just stick to php. Can I c some of your works? I love young and creative pple.
Am now following you, follow back. So, I can send you an E-mail.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 13, 2012
webace: Dear Nairalanders,

Are you a website, blog, forum, cms designer or developer?
Do you take the biz as full or part-time?
Share your SUCCESS story here for newbies to learn from your own story.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by mAcslegal(m): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2012
Guys whic one of u guys do programming am a designer
BOLAJIAJANI:
Am now following you, follow back. So, I can send you an E-mail.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by mAcslegal(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2012
Guys am a designer, need a programmer to work with.....
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
i do programming but am a contract one i don't do full time. check me out on okeowoaderemi.com

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by tinkinfela(m): 7:25pm On Jun 15, 2012
mAcslegal: Guys am a designer, need a programmer to work with.....

Hey bruh .. get in touch with me @ fatuglykid@yahoo.com ... lets talk maybe we can collaborate
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by guru01(m): 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thank you sir for the wonderful post.
My contribution here is that, you are all great designers and developers, but you stand a chance of more greatness when you do things like like minded person.

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by adewaleh(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
Djtm:

its too bad to be lazy... Try to work tins out
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by adewaleh(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2012
I'm a 20yr old web developer and destop apps programmer. I love computers since i was 8... But what i do then is to play games than word processing before figuring how to browse/repair parts 4rm computers in 2004 after 6 yrs of gaming... I learn very fast.. Mst especially from ebooks.. I bought sum softwares arnd 2010 without knwing how to use it like (dreamweaver, fireworks, visual basic 6, fruty loops, w3 school downloads and others mostly games) i download other softwares like joomla, wordpress, PHbb, S.m.f of diffrent versions... With apache server, wamp server.
I get how to install wordpress database after months of having it on my computer after dat i tell people abt buying it... And nw 16 people want me to sell it for them including 1 to advertise my sister's biz..
I'm now into web development than my favorite "desktop applications softwares i created wit vb.net" i understand HTML like its all in my head.. I still av sum projects i'm yet to develop... Which I need a reasonable person to work wit....

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2012
-ding-

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

30 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria / 13 Most Influential Websites In Nigeria And Their Founders - Factsbyjosh / Omg!!see The Power Of Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.