Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria - Webmasters (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria (34732 Views)

Website Designing, Development & Training / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Teach Me Everything About Web Development In 3months And Name Your Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by rickfle: 4:26am On Jan 01, 2013
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by ediko5(m): 1:11pm On Jan 05, 2013
webace: My own story.
I started the biz years back. I dedicated enough time to learn the Art of the biz such as learning the skills (Offline, Online, Video Tutorials etc), marketing, managing clients...
I've earns lot of Nairas designing, consulting, teaching website.
Pls i want to know which applications to learn as a newbie in web design.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 09, 2013
This New Year is going to shower more blessing and opportunity to us.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by N3(m): 3:00am On Jan 10, 2013
Please where can i learn web design?
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 10, 2013
N3: Please where can i learn web design?
Dear N3, you can learn it online, offline or video tutorials.
Make your decision first.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by exzie: 9:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hello Designers,I urgently need a web designer for an online store am launching soon.Already own a top. entertaunment site,so am not a total novist...lol..need someone who knows his onions,patient and ready to carry me on the development stages.

adagbada.dipo@gmail.com
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by filanto(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2013
Raylight_1: Pls wat can I use to design an attractive banner header for my website like the one displayed above?
Try Adobe Firework. It was made with web designer in mind for designing web images. But Photoshop is a 'photo editing' software and complex to learn
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by princeelder: 5:06pm On May 31, 2013
Get your own BulkSMS Website Within 24 Hours N10,000 only and buy sms as low as 0.70kobo
With:
Free User Guide, Free ebook on how to get over 2000bulksms
Free 500 Units
Free GSM Number Database of your state
We will give you free coaching to make money from the sms industry
visit www.smswholesellers.com, 08140970926
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by joadams: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2013
greenmouse: As for me here @ Green Mouse Technologies, all i will say is that the web business is lucrative only if you are talented/creative.

I made Green Mouse Tech stand out today bc of my web design skills. I will not say how much i make monthly here but i know am better than many bankers.

I have achieved alot in a very short time, Thanks to God Almighty.

Would you help me develop a database driven elearning website? All I need is to get a user (my trainee) login into his/her home page just like facebook or simply put, where he can login to write an eexam?
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Alescondy: 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
pls check dis site out @www.fanztweak.tk
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by filanto(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2013
Alescondy: pls check dis site out @www.fanztweak.tk
It looks awfull
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Deleted
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by kason(m): 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
Humm!
There is so much to learn and test.
But all the same with:

>> determination

>> Perseverance

>> strong will to succeed

>> focus

>> deligence

you will succeed.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Alescondy: 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
kason: Humm!
There is so much to learn and test.
But all the same with:

>> determination

>> Perseverance

>> strong will to succeed

>> focus

>> deligence

you will succeed.
wil u help me bro
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by abvkollections(f): 4:26pm On Dec 08, 2013
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by udswagz: 7:34am On Jul 04, 2014
I think web development has been pretty well for me, though it has had it tough times.
With the right marketing and a strong devotion to quality, there are enough
opportunities in Nigeria, even as we speak the amount of web developers who
actually write code (not designers) can't even cater for the service required
now adays everyone wants to start an ecommerce site.
as a self taught web developer and mobile apps developer of over 3 years now i think
the future is bright for us all cos this thing is new now in Africa.

UDcreate is a web development agency that helps startup
build the technical aspect of their business we take extended payment
and equity. We also help small business create a strong web presence.

visit www.udonline.net meet me.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chiefkpokp(m): 12:54am On Sep 05, 2014
Oga! Ur mouth non good and I don see person wen do copy and paste or use template for about 5 jobs, now under 2months, He has 2 cars, So wil u still call dat person a guark too? Anyway as for me, u can check my signature, Dis is what webdev has turned me into.
tinkinfela: Most Nigerian web designers are amateurs lol.. I just laugh when I look at some of these guys portfolios and the wacky websites they claimed to have built.

Besides 90% of them steal web templates and can't build shit from crash. I actually know one guy that'll build a complete website for you for N5000 lolol

If you want to make in the business, take your time to learn the skills, be original, colors really matters. Don't use green all over because it's made in Nigeria (e.g naijapals)

Personally, I would advice anyone that wants to learning web development to learn Ruby on Rails.. both for static and dynamic pages.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chucy: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
Introducing a Client Management and Billing Software for Web Designers and Developers.
Client Expert is a web-based application designed to simplify client management for Web Designers & Developers and other web-based services. Manage clients, billing, documents, comunication, products, services, downloadables and support - All with Client Exper

Features
Administration
° Multi-User Access with Different Access Levels (Supper Admin, Admin, Support, Technical, etc).
° Create/Managem Clients
° Create/Managem Client Categories
° Create/Managem Order
° Manage / Process Visitors' Requests & Inquiries
° Create/Manage Client Documents
° Create & Manage Downloadables
° Manage Passwords
° Full Transaction Report
° Full Client Management & Administration Tools

Communication
° Bulk SMS Communication & Notifications
° Send Bulk SMS / Email to Single or All Clients
° Email Communication
° Receive Client Payment Notification

Automation
° Automated Order Processing after Successful Payment or Admin Approval
° Add Products/Services to Client on Order Approval
° Online Payment Integrated (PayPal, SimplePay4u, InterSwitch)
° Create/Manage Various Store Products/Services
° Domain Availability Check

Billing
° Automated Billing & Invoicing
° Recurring Billing
° Automated Payment Reminders
° Create Custom Invoices
° Multiple Currency Support

Support
° Integrated Support Ticket System
° Multiple Ticket Departments
° Attach Files to Tickets
° Manage Knowledgebase & Blog

More
° Quick & Easy Installation
° Fully Browser Based
° Integrated Online Store
° Fully Customisable
° Local & Remote API

Visit http:///wVvwME to learn more and get your copy.

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Karles(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
At the Early stages of world wide web it was just web design because it was just HTML you needed to learn to become a web designer. Right now, it's a whole new ball game entirely. We have seen the progress so far. It was HTML, Java applets,CSS, livescript (which later became javascript), right now, we have javascript libraries and so forth. Server-side languages were even gaining popularity from PERL, asp to asp.net, PHP etc.

As time went by web design wasn't an absolute service but rather a sub section of a higher service which is web development. This meant in effect that web design became a front end thing and web development became a backend thing. However web design has so evolved right now that we now have other fields in it. For example we have UX designers which has to do with User Experiences whenever a site is visited, this has nothing totally to do with coding at all. Although many of them do possess that knowledge. Then we have the web designer who more often than not can code HTML, CSS, Javascript, SASS etc but deals mainly on building graphic mockups. We now have front end developers who are strictly coders in HTML CSS javascript, SASS as well have a thorough understanding of using web templates, frameworks such as foundation or bootstrap as well using content management systems (CMS).

Right now web development in Nigeria can be very lucrative as the demand for the services are very high but people especially small business owners are a bit reluctant to hire web developers for their services and you can't blame them. When the world wide web became accessible in Nigeria, several businesses were exploited because it was all about having a website or web presence and not about a web presence that could bring you new business. Most people came in and charged as much as 2 million naira for web sites that didn't even attract up to a thousand followers because web technology or computer technology seemed relatively new so if they found anyone who could as much as put up a website, he would be patronized. To add to that it seemed that most people who offered web design services were undisciplined and didn't live up to expectation. Sometimes you could link to a scrappy website from a search engine while other times you never saw world class websites designed by nigerians in nigeria unless you saw a tv advert or business card.

Don't be fooled by any arrogant person who wants to discourage you concerning web development in Nigeria now. In the past, it was all about desktop computers when it came to accessing the web. Today we have laptops, phones, smartphones, tablets, video games with internet access, smart TVs, etc that all have web browsers. All you have to do is learn web design and development. Now is the time to start web design and development here in Nigeria.

First of all if you are fresh in web design. Forget about learning HTML4, or xhtml. Just start with HTML5 and CSS3, as you practice you will find out about polyfills and shims which will help build websites compatible for older browsers like IE6. You may be wondering why should you learn these things when you have CMSs like joomla or wordpress. The truth is that sometimes the result might not come out the way you want it and you could get stuck. But if you have these skill sets, you will understand what file should be modified to give you the expected result.

Finally, i go on and on talking but let me stop by saying that you should get started if you are unemployed and want to get to get busy, take my word on this. Forget the naysayers, in this time, with hard work and diligence you will make a living out of it and even land into other big things. Let me stop here.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Cometova(m): 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
In 2 months or there about, I was able to design & launch 6 websites: www.akinscreativity.com
www.dlisaunilag.org
www.betakleen.com
www.magnificentmotionpictures.com
www.betaguards.com
www.panamedng.com
www.watershedchristianministry.com

Any New Comer to the industry can contact me to find out how I advertise to get profitable offers: +234-809-9788344,
+234-810-8366555., BBM: 2B662A90
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Cometova(m): 5:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
A Web designer face 2 main Challenges: First, Expertise (in terms of knowledge of Graphic Designs, Website Design & Hosting)
Second, Getting good paying clients.

To anyone reading this, if you want to become a web designer - you must be ready to persevere, sacrifice at times (e.g. Do jobs for ridiculous prices just to have a portfolio & client-base) and continually improve.....I've read some prior posts characterized with boasting - those who are high up there don't boast......be a self-critic.

For more hints: Search 'Dotun Cometova' on Google or Facebook.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chyke995(m): 11:19pm On Sep 26, 2014
create your websites for your businesses, organisations, both small scale and large scale, you can be assured of very comprehensive websites
we also create personalised blogs which have both front-end and back-end for users

call 08068337880
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Anatech(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Check our site on www.anatech.com.ng we also have a School Management Sysem , you can check it out on http://school.anatech.com.ng
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Sibrah: 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Cometova:
In 2 months or there about, I was able to design & launch 6 websites: www.akinscreativity.com
www.dlisaunilag.org
www.betakleen.com
www.magnificentmotionpictures.com
www.betaguards.com
www.panamedng.com
www.watershedchristianministry.com

Any New Comer to the industry can contact me to find out how I advertise to get profitable offers: +234-809-9788344,
How much do u charge on the average for each of these? I am an aspiring web person who is just curious.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Tekkyboy(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2014
Cometova:

are you on whatsapp?lemme get ur whatsapp no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

13 Most Influential Websites In Nigeria And Their Founders - Factsbyjosh / Blogger NaijaSingleGirl Involved In An Accident On Her Way Home For Christmas / 30 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.