Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria (34415 Views)

Website Designing, Development & Training / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Teach Me Everything About Web Development In 3months And Name Your Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Ajibel(m): 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2012
E be like say we get teenagers already thinking ahead of their lecturers grin
I'm just 17 but two years ago, i never imagined i would start learning web design. It's pretty tough at a younger age especially when people around you see you as a crazy fella trying to mimick Zuckerberg and co. and another problem being the lack of finance (you cant trust a venture capitalist firm in naija i was told) to fund your projects but well i've been able to overcome some hurdles and i'm glad am beginning to see some youths like me in this field...maybe i could work with one some day cool
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2012
adewaleh: I'm a 20yr old web developer and destop apps programmer. I love computers since i was 8... But what i do then is to play games than word processing before figuring how to browse/repair parts 4rm computers in 2004 after 6 yrs of gaming... I learn very fast.. Mst especially from ebooks.. I bought sum softwares arnd 2010 without knwing how to use it like (dreamweaver, fireworks, visual basic 6, fruty loops, w3 school downloads and others mostly games) i download other softwares like joomla, wordpress, PHbb, S.m.f of diffrent versions... With apache server, wamp server.
I get how to install wordpress database after months of having it on my computer after dat i tell people abt buying it... And nw 16 people want me to sell it for them including 1 to advertise my sister's biz..
I'm now into web development than my favorite "desktop applications softwares i created wit vb.net" i understand HTML like its all in my head.. I still av sum projects i'm yet to develop... Which I need a reasonable person to work wit....
...interesting story.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by adewaleh(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
mAcslegal: Guys am a designer, need a programmer to work with.....
are u a graphic freak too...
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by adewaleh(m): 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
I used the undo method... When things are nt working out i undo or restart it... It helped me a lot...

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chiefkpokp(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2012
Its so sweet not only experiencing web development success but, Cartoon Development, its has been all Good, we thank God...... when i started its was war, and stress, but thannks again to some gurus out here in nairaland for standing by me, in terms of advice and help in my first company's website which has been upgraded, all this advice and help was rendered to me for free, thats why i am currently building a free online tutorial website that will help newbies in IT solutions, ranging from basic computer training, microsoft office, desktop publishing, computer repairs and maintance, webdesign, video and audio editing, digital sound generation, tru cartoon development,Oracle,Data Base. i also thank my friends, forums real guys that kept encouraging me because at a time, i was relenting because so many information that i have wanted to put in the tutorial site was driving me crazy with the heavy load, hope you understand what i mean, but thank God, am getting over it..... By the way, I hope say Nairaland big big heads non go block or delete this post since them non dey use eye see my post.
check my signature for more info.

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2012
The threads I've seen so far are quite encouraging.

I ventured in2 website designin nt quite long (less than 4months) -studyin all I can n all on my own. I can spill out anything on HTML n CSS now, a lil of Javascript. In short I've been able 2 develop an averagely dynamicHTML site -though under devt (Y'all will see it, i'll share it here). My head is just turnin wt a lot of things. Im sure d gurus in here wud undastnd wat it feels lyk.

I'll call on U guyz whneva I need ur assistance. Everythin's hard now bt I want 2 feel d pains, it'll help me more.

I've been using
1). Dreamweaver,
2). EditPlus( jst upgraded 2 d latest version, it contains HTML5 n CSS3 attributes).
3). Notepad,
4). Mozilla FirefoxBeta(contains a lot of web designin help tools)

I luv U guyz. I'll make my first Million in Naija, I don't hv 2 run overseas. Nairaland's da bomb!! Gbam#

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by ayo84(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
web designers in nigeria have to move from designing websites to starting internet startup companies with proper business models,
not relying on web design jobs, imagine if zuckberg got paid to develop applications and he never embarked on developing the first prototype of facebook.

5 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by brabus(m): 5:28am On Jul 12, 2012
The Professionals are doing it here.

Showcase your best works on this thread www.nairaland.com/959928/webmasters

Yemi Adisa designed Come to Nigeria

[img]http://2.bp..com/-x4AELnmse9s/T-9o5m8K8MI/AAAAAAAAACg/KRd-HSOF1hk/s1600/cometonigeria.jpg[/img]

Check it out!

NEW PROJECTS

Dr.ulna says:

"Good job peeps... I quite love this thread and I must say I feel quite at home,relating with this thread and what posters here have showcased so far... As opposed to my initial plans to outsource a web design project to some foreign folks on freelance.com.

I would rather spell things out here and look out for the best bidder.

My Project/Proposal

I look forward to creating an all encompassing and interactive website on Africa, that subserves a dual purpose. Viz-a-viz tourism, entertainment et.al. Essentially it would have to be e-commerce enhanced as there would be an e-store..." Read more here

femorra says:

Hello Webmasters.... I need someone who can help me build a site like www.stackoverflow.com Please contact me

REVIEWS

Wow. This looks really good. I like the layout of website. Excellent use of colours and graphics.Good job!

Observation: Getting error message from /ice-cream-flavours, why?

Site Load-time: Call me old-school, but I still like to see sites come in under 100KB. If a site takes longer to load, it makes my patience thinner.

Custom Not-found/404 Page: I love that! It guides your visitors to content and helps retain them.

Apologies, but we were unable to find what you were looking for. Perhaps searching will help.

and more
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by wableo: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
Abeg lik hw much some1 need 2 use to learn web design.I went 2 aptech dey said 35k. Is it ok?
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
For me, the story is dream big, start small and stay focused!
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by vladimiros: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
ayo84: web designers in nigeria have to move from designing websites to starting internet startup companies with proper business models,
not relying on web design jobs, imagine if zuckberg got paid to develop applications and he never embarked on developing the first prototype of facebook.

said it all,

i am 18 years old and working on my startup now
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by bigfat02: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
HMMM
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by oacsoft: 5:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
am currently working on a website... i need a creative designer to do the graphics for me.... if you are interested please call - 08060657918. thanks
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by aycamry(m): 2:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
IntlShippr: Friends ..am a newbie,I started 3weeks ago by myself,the course was introsuce in ND2 second semter before I left my skul cos I just got out wit ND and I so much love the webtech course so I choose to do more homework by myself and nao am getting it bur I need more support cos what I can still do nao is the HTML..please I need Itech friends to put me thru somethings around lagos or should add me Funkymaster58@yahoo.com or bbpin 32288938 Thanks okiki.

Reach IT PROFS on 08183985802, as one of d technical directors, I will asist you
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by osobanson: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
greenmouse: As for me here @ Green Mouse Technologies, all i will say is that the web business is lucrative only if you are talented/creative.

I made Green Mouse Tech stand out today bc of my web design skills. I will not say how much i make monthly here but i know am better than many bankers.

I have achieved alot in a very short time, Thanks to God Almighty.
kan U teach me how U made it. I am a web developer to but things have not been funny,can U email me hw U did it. Gconceptc@gmail.com
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by osobanson: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
Walexz02: Abegii me self won sabi biuld web site
I nid tutor plz
contact me on: 08068508023. To learn web development
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
[quote author=sujazz][/quote]Am a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER worked with several bank under stress even when its convenient or not, Resign and and started my own software and webdevelopment company today i have great reasons to thanks GOD for great things he has done beyond when i was in banking.

My Advice to Newbise;

1)Be focus,dedicated and be committed to your work because only those that goes who through the sacrifice laugh last.
2)Register your biz name with CAC and open a corporate account with the company name
3)Have a registered website with the company name NOT blog or shared server like, gmbo or vconnet etc.
4)Use terms like our tech team will,our support team will, our sales rep even when you are still one MAN company
5)Have a good and quality biz card.
6)Have a contact office or home or share offic space with a friend.
7)Have good support phone that client can contact and respond to their request 24/7
coolBuild integrity and reputation even if you don't have one at this moment.
9)Pray without season, stay away from sin
10)Do e-marketing and personal marketing
11)Believe in your self
12)Assocaite your coulegue in your field.
13)Learn new things each day
14)Raise men to raise you..
15)WORK HARD and be sensitive to opportunities..

SEE THE NEED AND TAKE THE LEAD...

For more information email:
info@olumidekuforiji.com
ceo@softchaseng.com
phone:0803562835

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Need help contact at ceo@softchaseng.com or call 0802652-3355
vladimiros:

said it all,

i am 18 years old and working on my startup now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

30 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria / As Sex Takes Over Nollywood: A Night With A Star Exposes / 13 Most Influential Websites In Nigeria And Their Founders - Factsbyjosh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.