Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola (15722 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / New Ministers: Amaechi Out, Fashola In / Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2012
phantom: 2-3years ago,i would have said YES to fashola for the presidency......but nigeria needs a strong leader,with balls of steel.A decisive(not out of emotions),logical and WISE man. Sadly my man fash doesnt fit the bill at all.My idea of a leader is not one who builds skyscrapers and bridges.leadership goes way deeper.dude does not have the depth.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked and some are wondering why Nigeria is an underdeveloped country grin grin grin here is your answer

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:51pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

Bros . . .The main gist of the story is that most peeps are looking forward to a Fashola presidential candidacy in the nearest future starting 2015 . . .and his telling them to count him out in 2015 atleast is more or less a sad news . . .

There is no PDP connection to this . . .

Jason123 is a bit slow, maybe he will finally get it in a weeks time. embarassed
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Akpabio is much better than Fashola. Noise is not everything.

How well do u know Akpabio? Be careful what u wish for!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by PeterKbaba: 10:52pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Akpabio would have acheived twice more than Fashola in Lagos. Akpabio is not a noisemaker, thats the only reason you don't know him; he is 100% substance and zero talk.

Someone mentioned that Fashola has been invited by the US etc etc, but forgot (or is ignorant of the fact) that the US rates Akpabio as by far Nigeria's best governor (wikileaks). I'll provide the link if you want it.

If that is the case, why are people not flocking to Akwa Ibom, rather everyone want to be in lagos... you want to compare Akwa ibom of 3.5 million population with a population of 18 million in lagos. Government gives Akwa ibon 2 times the money given to lagos. Even with that, lagos remains the richest state interms on internal generated revenue.. which means if crude oil finishes, all nigerian states will torn to somalia, apart from Lagos State.

So are you daft or your just been sentimental here..

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:53pm On May 30, 2012
nchewi:

How well do u know Akpabio? Be careful what u wish for!

thank you nwannem
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:53pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

Is the "frog-like" OBJ not doing the same with GEJ??

Are you living in a tree? Everyone knows about Obj's exit, even fools do too. So why don't you?
Fashola is the only one with a frog on his shoulder (Tinubu).
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by phantom(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2012
mbhs139: Well, by way of contributing to this discussion, I wouldn't want to joint those that throws decorum into the winds in the name of making their point. What I will simply say is that if Fashola is interested in taking a shot at the presidency, he should rather wait until after 2015 and use that waiting period to do his home work thoroughly, just like he did before he became the Lagos State Gorvernor.

I also agree wit the person that said foreign investment will flow into Nigeria if Fashola becomes the Presidetn of this country. He's right to a great extent. This is because of the respect and admiration the international community has for him personally and his administration in general.

This is a man whom when he talks you get inspired. This is a man that goes about with just three vehicles in his convoy (a LASTMA outrider, his own at the middle, and an ambulance behind), and without the usual fun fare and siren blaring like others.

Here is a man who believes in the rule of law. I'm begging to sound like I'm campaigning for him already grin, Let me stop here before people start stoning me grin
my man do you know there are governors in this same country who sneak out of govt house(to avoid aides) to visit project sites and monitor construction?there is a governor in this country who drives himself around town without any aides
you have not impressed me abeg...
so you have not impressed me
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:54pm On May 30, 2012
PeterKbaba:

If that is the case, why are people not flocking to Akwa Ibom, rather everyone want to be in lagos... you want to compare Akwa ibom of 3.5 million population with a population of 18 million in lagos. Government gives Akwa ibon 2 times the money given to lagos. Even with that, lagos remains the richest state interms on internal generated revenue.. which means if crude oil finishes, all nigerian states will torn to somalia, apart from Lagos State.

Gbbammmmm

LOL let me guess their answer

Lagos was the capital 20 year ago grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 10:54pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Jason123 is a bit slow, maybe he will finally get it in a weeks time. embarassed

You better keep quiet, you enemy of progress. Its like you hate Nigeria. People are talking about development and commissioning not "planning".

Nigerians, this is the sort of person that drag you back for another 10 years!

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by PeterKbaba: 10:54pm On May 30, 2012
phantom: 2-3years ago,i would have said YES to fashola for the presidency......but nigeria needs a strong leader,with balls of steel.A decisive(not out of emotions),logical and WISE man. Sadly my man fash doesnt fit the bill at all.My idea of a leader is not one who builds skyscrapers and bridges.leadership goes way deeper.dude does not have the depth.

But Jonathan fits right,, see this fool oo... who even knew about jonathan when he was governor
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

You better keep quiet, you enemy of progress. Its like you hate Nigeria. People are talking about development and commissioning not "planning".

Nigerians, this is the sort of person that drag you back for another 10 years!

Gbammmmm very well said
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2012
PeterKbaba:

But Jonathan fits right,, see this fool oo... who even knew about jonathan when he was governor

If not fashola I would vote for GEJ
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 10:55pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Are you living in a tree? Everyone knows about Obj's exit, even fools do too. So why don't you?

Again, what makes you think Tinubu will not "exit"? Did OBJ "exit" before or after GEJ's presidency, yet we still voted for the GEJ. So mister, what makes you think the same can't happen to Fashola?

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by phantom(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2012
PeterKbaba:

and did i mention jonathando you think i voted for him?i think he's clueless.simple!get your head outta ya a.ss and think straight abeg
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

Again, what makes you think Tinubu will not "exit"? Did OBJ "exit" before or after GEJ's presidency, yet we still voted for the GEJ. So mister, what makes you think the same can't happen to Fashola?

Oya make we hear answer from bigots (tribalsit) and PDP goons
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2012
No answer shocked
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by espn(m): 10:59pm On May 30, 2012
werepeLeri: WHO WILL VOTE FOR YOU? THE ELITES THAT YOU FAVOUR.
like ur name implies..wer..mad!u r senseless..

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:59pm On May 30, 2012
PeterKbaba:

I've never seen such a dimwitted post. Have you gone to the border of Akwa Ibom to count emigres?
Your arguments about Lagos being rich are incredibly id!otic, how does that count in a Presidential race?
By the way, if oil dries up, Lagos will be as phucked as the rest of the country and all investors will flock out, cos its all driven by oil. Fool.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by amosy007: 11:00pm On May 30, 2012

u mean a man like jonathan and obasanjo that will remove fuel subsidy and tell masses can go to hell?...or send soldiers after peaceful protesters but live boko haram to throw bombs?

gimme one politician in Nigerian than can stand fashala when it comes to achievement and brain to handle multi ethnic society

remember Lagos is like Nigeria with many ethnic groups...if u can rule lagos successfully ..u can rule anywhere

well as for me ...fashola and oshiomole or akpabio for 2015

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by amosy007: 11:01pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Exactly. Fashola is too beholden to Tinubu, its almost childlike.
Who wants that frog-like Tinubu as the puppet master pocketing Nigeria?

between obasanjo and Tinubu ...which one do u prefer?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 11:01pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:

Fashola is in his 2nd term and yet Tinubu is still controlling him like a baby. It only took GEJ months into his term.
Sorry, but Fashola has no balls.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 11:02pm On May 30, 2012
amosy007:

between obasanjo and Tinubu ...which one do u prefer?

I prefer Obj. Baba no send pesin. cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by ifihearam: 11:03pm On May 30, 2012
So becos Fashola is working in Lagos automatically qualifies him to run for presidency?
On the platform of CAN!!!
So where would he get the votes from the PDP ruling states in the North
And you think the Northerners will allow Yoruba be president when they have been clamouring
Apart from the 5 states being controlled by CAN,which other state can they win??

He knows its a fools paradise and he won't dare
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by amosy007: 11:03pm On May 30, 2012
Tropilo:

U no just like Fashola at all. So want make Tinubu give am "back-hand", baa?
If im become President, who go dey wash Asiwaju toilet? Ok! Sorry, i forget say Aregbe der.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

I've never seen such a dimwitted post. Have you gone to the border of Akwa Ibom to count emigres?
Your arguments about Lagos being rich are incredibly id!otic, how does that count in a Presidential race?
By the way, if oil dries up, Lagos will be as phucked as the rest of the country and all investors will flock out, cos its all driven by oil. Fool.

Mumu brother, so if oil dried up, what have you told your oga to prevent it ?

How have we diversified our economy ?

Highest non-oil revenue is from Lagos thus you have no say

second highest non-oil revenue is from cocoa plantation in Ogun

third highest non-oil revenue is from Palm oil plantation in Osun and cross river (I think Imo is there as well)

All these sectors have not been exploited enough so what have you told your oga about it ?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 11:04pm On May 30, 2012
One thing most people don't understand is that Lagos is a miniature form of Nigeria. EVERY ethnic group in Nigeria is present in Lagos. apart from its population. If you can successfully govern Lagos well, Nigeria will not be a problem. But as usual, ethnic and religious bigotry comes to play and we make the wrong decisions.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by phantom(m): 11:04pm On May 30, 2012
alj harem: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked and some are wondering why Nigeria is an underdeveloped country grin grin grin here is your answer
my man i voted for buhari and i am not mincing words when i say it.buhari to me is the man who has close to what i'm looking for in a leader.i am not sentimental or emotional like 90% of you lot on this forum.i am a fullbooded southerner.
emotions are exactly what have gotten us into this mess with GEJ and its a pity.the majority have never been so wrong like they were in march 2011.
i can see the same trend with fashola.people are screaming presidency just because he's painted a few and planted a few flowers here and there.
i am not carried away.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 11:05pm On May 30, 2012
Anytime ACN people campaign, they accuse everyone with dissenting opinions of being bigots. Its the Nazi tactics of a party that attempts to define itself as an ethnic group, rather than as a political party. Its called ethnic blackmail and fascism.
A total disgrace.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by aljharem(m): 11:05pm On May 30, 2012
ifihearam: So becos Fashola is working in Lagos automatically qualifies him to run for presidency?
On the platform of CAN!!!
So where would he get the votes from the PDP ruling states in the North
And you think the Northerners will allow Yoruba be president when they have been clamouring
Apart from the 5 states being controlled by CAN,which other state can they win??

He knows its a fools paradise and he won't dare

[size=14pt]Yoruba this North that Igbo this

When are we going to start talking about A NIGERIAN LIKE FASHOLA ?? EH[/size]
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 11:06pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Fashola is in his 2nd term and yet Tinubu is still controlling him like a baby. It only took GEJ months into his term.
Sorry, but Fashola has no balls.

But OBJ did the same to GEJ, didn't he?
What makes you think Fashola will not ditch Tinubu if he is allowed to govern Nigeria?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by amosy007: 11:07pm On May 30, 2012
mbhs139: Well, by way of contributing to this discussion, I wouldn't want to joint those that throws decorum into the winds in the name of making their point. What I will simply say is that if Fashola is interested in taking a shot at the presidency, he should rather wait until after 2015 and use that waiting period to do his home work thoroughly, just like he did before he became the Lagos State Gorvernor.

I also agree wit the person that said foreign investment will flow into Nigeria if Fashola becomes the Presidetn of this country. He's right to a great extent. This is because of the respect and admiration the international community has for him personally and his administration in general.

This is a man whom when he talks you get inspired. This is a man that goes about with just three vehicles in his convoy (a LASTMA outrider, his own at the middle, and an ambulance behind), and without the usual fun fare and siren blaring like others.

Here is a man who believes in the rule of law. I'm begging to sound like I'm campaigning for him already grin, Let me stop here before people start stoning me grin

cool cool cool
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by bittyend(m): 11:07pm On May 30, 2012
Same stupid topic everyday, don't you guys get tired?

Even 'Jesus' can't save Nigeria.. Divide the God forsaken country already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Is Like Snow - Governor Yahaya Bello (video) / Benue PDP Bury Members Who Died In Accident While Going 2 Campaign Rally / Yusuf Gagdi Tackles Melaye, Says Tinubu Is Healthy And Fit To Be President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.