Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola (15710 Views)

Presidential Air Fleet Expenditure 2015 - Presidency / New Ministers: Amaechi Out, Fashola In / Court Strikes-Out Fashola’s Suit To Stop Jang As Governors’ Forum Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jmaine: 8:00pm On May 30, 2012
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, yesterday urged his supporters to count him out of the race for Nigeria’s presidency at least in 2015. Speaking at an interactive session to mark his five years in office and 2012 Democracy Day held at the Lagos Television premises at Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, Fashola said he has an assignment to govern Lagos State for the next three years.

The programmes was transmitted live by the state government-owned television station. Listeners from the United States had through the internet chipped in the suggestion which Fashola’s supporters have been speculating for some time. But Fashola said: “Which President? FIFA President? I have an assignment in Lagos State which I will like to focus on in the next three years.”

The Lagos State governor reiterated some of the achievements of his five years administration to include building express roads and expanding of existing roads in the first four years while in his second term in office, he had commenced construction of feeder roads in many parts of the state.

On agriculture, Fashola aid his administration had assisted fishermen in procurement of nets and to modernise their operations. He added that a rice mill will soon be commissioned at Imota near Ikorodu. In order to boost vegetable production, Fashola said his administration has encouraged youths to take to farming with allocation of an acre of farmland, while necessary inputs and assistance were provided by government. He said some youths were sent to Israel for training in modern farming.

However, he admitted the limitation of Lagos State on crop farming. He explained that Osun and Ogun states have agreed to lease out farmlands to Lagos for crop farming. Fashola debunked claims that governors in the Southwest have not been doing much in agriculture. He pointed out that his efforts on rice production and others in five years have just started to yield results.

Speaking on transportation, Fashola said apart from improving road network, his administration had improved water transportation and concerted effort was being made to make nail transportation a viable alternative for commuters in Lagos State.

To further ease road transportation, Fashola said Lagos Traffic Radio 96.1 has been launched on Frequency Modulation (FM) band; as part of activities to commemorate his five years in office.

Speaking shortly before he made a broadcast on Lagos Traffic Radio, Fashola said commuters should know the situation on the roads before they depart their homes early in the morning.

The radio will presently transmit between 5 a.m and 12 mid night daily while it will later resume a 24-hour service.

The governor said personnel of the Lagos State Traffic Management Agency, LASTMA will man the radio station and inform commuters the situation on the roads, like where a trailer or container had blocked the road and alternative roads or routes motorists should take.

Leaders of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, traditional rulers, market men and women, ACN supporters and former military governor of Lagos State, Brig-Gen. Mobolaji Johnson (retd) and the first civilian governor the state Alhaji Lateef Jakande who also made a broadcast on Lagos Traffic Radio, were in attendance.

2015-presidency-count-me-out-fashola

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by egift(m): 8:17pm On May 30, 2012
Whenever you meet a good leader, you will know. So Fashola's supporters like me should wait for him to complete his assignment in Lagos. By 2015, we can talk about it.

Unlike the incompetent Jonathan who is still into a 1yr of uselessness he is using state power to grab for more 4yrs while we still have a pending 3yrs to endure under him.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 8:20pm On May 30, 2012
Fashola, YOU MUST CONTEST! No be only Lagosians go enjoy you. Why are you selfish?!

9 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 30, 2012
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 30, 2012
I was hoping he will join the race!
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by werepeLeri: 8:49pm On May 30, 2012
WHO WILL VOTE FOR YOU? THE ELITES THAT YOU FAVOUR.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by tchaik(m): 8:55pm On May 30, 2012
I HAVE READ THE TOPIC 5 TIMES, AND I AM YET TO SEE WHERE BRF SAID HE WILL NOT CONTEST!
IF HE COMES OUT @ 2015, SOME PDP F00LS/EEDIOTS WILL QUOTE THIS TRASH TO SPOIL HIS HARD EARNED REPUTATION.

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by monkeyleg: 8:55pm On May 30, 2012
werepeLeri: WHO WILL VOTE FOR YOU? THE ELITES THAT YOU FAVOUR.

Compare him to your incompetent Brother, who just launched energy saving light bulb

13 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 8:58pm On May 30, 2012
Akpabio, Amaechi and Chime will also be ready in 2015 if GEJ does not pitch his hat in.
That said, I like Fashola, but he's too beholden to Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 9:00pm On May 30, 2012
tchaik: I HAVE READ THE TOPIC 5 TIMES, AND I AM YET TO SEE WHERE BRF SAID HE WILL NOT CONTEST!
IF HE COMES OUT @ 2015, SOME PDP F00LS/EEDIOTS WILL QUOTE THIS TRASH TO SPOIL HIS HARD EARNED REPUTATION.

Exactly!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jmaine: 9:06pm On May 30, 2012
tchaik: I HAVE READ THE TOPIC 5 TIMES, AND I AM YET TO SEE WHERE BRF SAID HE WILL NOT CONTEST!

Don't you sound silly in your attempt at twisting simple facts placed before you . .At least for now . .he says contesting 2015 is off for him . .whether he resigns that decision later is not the subject of this thread . . .The polity will be more interesting if he decides to contest . . .afterall . .no be same the same Fashola talk say, second term is akin to a failing student . .yet he still contested . .so what makes this situation different . .

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, yesterday urged his supporters to count him out of the race for Nigeria’s presidency at least in 2015. Speaking at an interactive session to mark his five years in office and 2012 Democracy Day held at the Lagos Television premises at Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, Fashola said he has an assignment to govern Lagos State for the next three years.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Chyz2: 9:12pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf: Akpabio, Amaechi and Chime will also be ready in 2015 if GEJ does not pitch his hat in.
That said, I like Fashola, but he's too beholden to Tinubu.

Funny. What happened to Rochas you PDP bigot? What is the difference between Tinubu and Jonathan except jonathan looted more money?Akpabio ready for what? Amaechi is planning to be Vp to Atiku. I dey laugh.

5 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 9:18pm On May 30, 2012
Chyz*:

Funny. [b]What happened to Rochas you PDP bigot? [/b]What is the difference between Tinubu and Jonathan except jonathan looted more money?Akpabio ready for what? Amaechi is planning to be Vp to Atiku. I dey laugh.

If he no be pdp Panadol, he no fit be pdp panadol. You get am Chyz*. Welcome back cool

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by tchaik(m): 9:29pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

Don't you sound silly in your attempt at twisting simple facts placed before you . .At least for now . .he says contesting 2015 is off for him . .whether he resigns that decision later is not the subject of this thread . . .The polity will be more interesting if he decides to contest . . .afterall . .no be same the same Fashola talk say, second term is akin to a failing student . .yet he still contested . .so what makes this situation different . .

WHY ARE YOU SO EAGER TO HURL INSULTS?
CAN YOU SHOW ME WHERE HE SAID SO!(In Quote)?
SEE WETIN WAEC/NECO DEY CAUSE!

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by LogicMind: 9:34pm On May 30, 2012
coward has seen the writing on the wall and is chickening out.
2015 na big boys only contest. Yoruba please step aside.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jmaine: 9:42pm On May 30, 2012
tchaik:

WHY ARE YOU SO EAGER TO HURL INSULTS?
CAN YOU SHOW ME WHERE HE SAID SO!(In Quote)?
SEE WETIN WAEC/NECO DEY CAUSE!

Wasting brain cells sad

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by purefella(m): 10:09pm On May 30, 2012
FUNNY MAN WHO WON COUNT U IN B4

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 10:12pm On May 30, 2012
purefella: FUNNY MAN WHO WON COUNT U IN B4

Nigerians!

8 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:12pm On May 30, 2012
Chyz*:

Funny. What happened to Rochas you PDP bigot? What is the difference between Tinubu and Jonathan except jonathan looted more money?Akpabio ready for what? Amaechi is planning to be Vp to Atiku. I dey laugh.

I'm sure you called the mods in to hide my reply. Coward.
I repeat; I like Akpabio, Amaechi and Chime (plus Fashola with severe reservations). Kill yourself if it is painful to you.
Primitive twerp.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 10:13pm On May 30, 2012
Why the propaganda against Fashola?

Una dey fear grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by CyberG: 10:14pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

I repeat; I like Akpabio, Amaechi and Chime (plus Fashola with severe reservations). Kill yourself if it is painful to you.
Primitive twerp.

Loser! Everyone knows bearf and his jonashite impostor president are losers!!

6 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Dejohnbull: 10:15pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:
why & reason. It is constitutional right if h is qualified.
2015-presidency-count-me-out-fashola
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:15pm On May 30, 2012
CyberG:

Loser! Everyone knows bearf and his jonashite impostor president are losers!!

Is there something about ACN folk and a closeness to primitivity? angry
Why do some humans act like beasts who should be in the zoo?
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 10:15pm On May 30, 2012
Already on the front page, eh MODS?! cheesy
Fashola did not say anything he will not contest!

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

Wasting brain cells sad

When did you grow a brain?? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by jason123: 10:18pm On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

When did you grow a brain?? shocked shocked shocked

Why the insult?! Abeg leave my guy!
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:
Primitive twerp.

Nigeria needs to emulate Lagos...

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:18pm On May 30, 2012
Tinubu is contesting in 2015.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 30, 2012
jason123:
Why the insult?! Abeg leave my guy!

Jmaine is my bytch.. grin grin
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by Beaf: 10:19pm On May 30, 2012
shymmex:

Nigeria needs to emulate Lagos...

Akpabio is much better than Fashola. Noise is not everything.
Re: 2015 Presidency: Count Me Out —fashola by PeterKbaba: 10:19pm On May 30, 2012
[b]I dont know why tribalism or favorism always robs us from real leader that can solve our problem.. rather people will vote for criminals and later start complaining .... its not about tribe , its about your brain and your leadership role. Watch the news and see the respect all nigerian governors gives to him. Why cnt we for once since the history of nigeria, vote for the most brilliant technocrat. The reason lagos as changed is because fashola does not add politics to lagos affairs, he as the passion to make a difference in history and he already as..... NIGERIANS PLS FOR GOD SAKE, FORGET ALL THIS IS NOT IGBO OR HAUSA ETC... WE NEED TO COME TO THE REALITY THAT NIGERIA WILL ONLY BE RULED BY A TRIBE ONE AT A TIME, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHO CAN DO THE JOB. I CAN SWEAR WITH ANYTHING IN MY POSSESSION, IF FASHOLA BECOMES PRESIDENT COME 2015, IN 4 YEARS, YOU WILL SEE THE WHOLE WORLD FLOCKING TO NIGERIA. MOST OF THE EUROPIANS AND US ARE VERY RELUCTANT TO INVEST IN NIGERIA, BECAUSE THEY HAVE ALL THE RECORDS OF MOST OF THIS PDP POLITICIANS... IT'S COMMON SENSE, IF THE DO BUSINESS WITH A PDP GOVERNMENT, IT WOULD TAINT THEIR IMAGE... THEY WILL NOT TELL US THIS, CAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO RESPECT OUR SOVEREIGNTY. YOU WILL WONDER HOW THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT HAVE ALL THE INFORMATION SINCE 1995 OF IBORI, IT TOOK THEM ONLY 6 MONTHS TO PILE OF HIS CORRUPTION FILE...PLS GO TO http://www.tundefashola.com/ YOU NEED TO SEE HOW TOP FOREIGN COUNTRIES ARE ALWAYS COMING SECRETLY FOR BUSINESS PROPOSALS IN LAGOS... THIS GUY IS THE BEST THAT CAN HAPPEN TO NIGERIA RIGHT NOW... LETS BE SINCERE, EVEN AWOLOWO DOES NOT COME CLOSE, INTERMS OF INVESTMENT. PLS FOR GOD SAKE, LETS VOTE OUT PDP FOR ONCE SINCE 1960, IF ABACHA WAS ALIVE , HE WOULD BE A PDP MEMBER JUST LIKE ALL THE TOP MILITARY GENERAL (IBB, ABDUSALAM, SHONEKAN, OBASANJO, ATIKU, CHIROMA, GOWON ETC) ARE ALL DICTATING TO ANY PRESIDENT THAT COMES OUT FROM PDP.

NIGERIANS WILL FOREVER BE IN CORUPTION, BECAUSE YOU NEED TO KEEP PEOPLE MORE CORRUPT TO COVER UP CORRUPTION.. I DEY GO SLEEP....... IGBOS, YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE IN THE SOUTH ESPECIALLY ARE ALL 1, I MEAN 1... EVEN CHECK YOU MAP AND SEE THE RIVER NIGER AND BENUE... WE YORUBAS TAKE YOU AS BROTHERS... THAT IS WHY WE VOTED FOR JONATHAN.

FASHOLA AS BEEN INVITED BY COUNTRIES LIKE USA , ENGLAND, MALASIA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, JAPAN ETC FOR SEMINARS AND TO GIVE PRESENTATION SPEECHES... ALL THIS COUNTRIES WILL ONLY CONTINUE TO LAUGH AT US... WE NEED TO REALIZE THAT WE CAN NEVER DIVID.. LOOK AT EUROPE, THE ARE ALL COMING TOGETHER.. WHY, BECAUSE YOU POPULATION DETERMINES YOUR ECONOMICAL RESPECT... THE WEST ARE HAPPY, THEY KNOW WE WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE IN POVERTY , BECAUSE WE WILL ALWAYS SEE OURSELVES AS ENEMIES... THIS IS TO THEIR ADVANTAGE. GOD I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.[/b]

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police / "Nigeria Needs A Revolution" - Pat Utomi (VIDEO) / Banditry: All Our Efforts Have Failed – Gov. Matawalle Begs For Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.