Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,374 members, 7,954,515 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:50 PM

El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi (23415 Views)

You’re The Greatest Enemy Of Igbo Race – Okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ZUBY77(m): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
bestview: ^

My friend shatap there, why do you choose to bring the comparison of states into this thread. Besides are you talking of Enugu urban or entire Enugu state? If you have ever have cause to travel beyond Enugu urban into dungeons which are supposed to be towns by as Awgu, Nkanu, Nsukka, Ukwuaji, Akegbe and many more of such places in Enugu, then you will understand that Anambra has got it right in areas of good road networks in nigeria that traversed all the communities in the state. That Enugu tarred few KM of roads within urban sector does not give them pass mark of development. I can tell you there is no part of Anambra community that is not ashphalted and that is the real development connecting rural areas. Obi has opened up the rural areas making life meaningful for people in those areas. I drive myself from Nnewi to Awka everyday to work, this is because the roads are good. Until I finish my housing project in Awka, I will still be traveling on that road. Again it doesnt matter if you live in Onitsha and travel to Enugu every other weekend, it depends on your personal reasons. I for one spend most of my weekends at Nnewi because that is where my family is, unless I decide to stay back in Awka for the weekend.

Arent u the same person as chino? Just asking.
The awgu you are talking about has constant electricity, good and new roads, water and above all, councillors and local govt chairmen. The same goes to Nsukka and Nkanu that own Esut, nigerian law school, madonna uni..nigeria airforce school.emene arport, UNTH, etc... Enugu may not be Businesslike as Onitsha or Nnewi but the governor works.
The issue here is about peter obi. Onitsha and nnewi has been there before mr obi. What has he done to improve these places?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 12:03am On Jun 12, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Ouch!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Bashr8, you better thank her before you do "Oliver twist" for her mother's medical donation.

is she the only one helping people in nigeria , abeg make she face her front
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 12:10am On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem:

My brother you talk with ignorance here. First of all I am an indigenous Lagosian (not a migrant) and in all of the SW states, Lagos is the most dangerous, I am not speaking out if ignorance here. The safest and the most peaceful in Oyo state.

Thus you observe that those that don't go to Lagos or Rivers state (oil companies) end up in Oyo state.

In all of the SE, Imo state proves to be the safest and the most accommodating.

shut up hendiot, oyo is 10 times more dangerous than lagos , we have posted crime statistic here several times, what do u know about south east, enugu is the safest btw in the southeas

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 12:11am On Jun 12, 2012
lekkie073:
Anambra of all places...80percent of anambra is village. Θ only developed towns are onitsha, awka and nnewi...all others...idemili north and south, ihiala, agaUta, okija, ayamelum, etc я all villages. If na lie make any anambra indigene talk
and tell us which other state in nigeria can booast of 2 industrial cities plus one capital city . anu mpama
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Yeske2(m): 12:14am On Jun 12, 2012
bashr8: and tell us which other state in nigeria can booast of 2 industrial cities plus one capital city . anu mpama
Don't mind that he-goat you just quoted.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bestview: 7:40am On Jun 12, 2012
ZUBY77:

Arent u the same person as chino? Just asking.
The awgu you are talking about has constant electricity, good and new roads, water and above all, councillors and local govt chairmen. The same goes to Nsukka and Nkanu that own Esut, nigerian law school, madonna uni..nigeria airforce school.emene arport, UNTH, etc... Enugu may not be Businesslike as Onitsha or Nnewi but the governor works.
The issue here is about peter obi. Onitsha and nnewi has been there before mr obi. What has he done to improve these places?

Are you scared of chino, don't collapse yet this is no chino? When chino comes am sure he will tear you apart like mad doggrin

How do you determine that enugu governor works when he only concentrate on urban area only, what about the places I mentioned earlier? here it is again (Awgu, Nkanu, Nsukka, Ukwuaji, Akegbe). Have you ever had cause to travel to such dungeon? If you ever have then you need to whip your governor. Even the governors place Udi is a ghost town and a shadow of itself, no road, no pipe borne water, no infrastructure, no hospital and you claim they have government.

You mentioned Awgu, Nsukka and Nkanu having coucillor and chairmen, but with all that are they as developed as ordinary Ekwuluobia and Ihiaha? Go figure.

FYI: Madonna the first private university in Nigeria is in Anambra state, Ihiala precisely. Anambra has more secondary and higher institution than enugu state. UNIZIK, NAUTH, ANSU, MADONNA UNI, TANSIAN UNI, NWAFOR ORIZU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, FED POLY, the major unity colleges/schools that are as old as 100yreas in the east are located in Anambra, the likes of CKC, DMGS, QRC etc, they are too many.

The likes of Pat Utomi, Peter Obi, prof Mbanefo etc. passed thru the revered DMGS. So don't go in the area of school cause we have got it all.

Anambra ranks very high over and above Enugu state in education. In the whole of Nigeria its only Imo that ranks above Anambra. educationally Enugu state competes with the likes of Ebonyi, Gombe, Niger, Adamawa and rest of them.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by olyivy(f): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2012
^^^^ Why are you such a boy, Chino11
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ZUBY77(m): 10:03am On Jun 12, 2012
bestview:

Are you scared of chino, don't collapse yet this is no chino? When chino comes am sure he will tear you apart like mad doggrin

How do you determine that enugu governor works when he only concentrate on urban area only, what about the places I mentioned earlier? here it is again (Awgu, Nkanu, Nsukka, Ukwuaji, Akegbe). Have you ever had cause to travel to such dungeon? If you ever have then you need to whip your governor. Even the governors place Udi is a ghost town and a shadow of itself, no road, no pipe borne water, no infrastructure, no hospital and you claim they have government.

You mentioned Awgu, Nsukka and Nkanu having coucillor and chairmen, but with all that are they as developed as ordinary Ekwuluobia and Ihiaha? Go figure.

FYI: Madonna the first private university in Nigeria is in Anambra state, Ihiala precisely. Anambra has more secondary and higher institution than enugu state. UNIZIK, NAUTH, ANSU, MADONNA UNI, TANSIAN UNI, NWAFOR ORIZU UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, FED POLY, the major unity colleges/schools that are as old as 100yreas in the east are located in Anambra, the likes of CKC, DMGS, QRC etc, they are too many.

The likes of Pat Utomi, Peter Obi, prof Mbanefo etc. passed thru the revered DMGS. So don't go in the area of school cause we have got it all.

Anambra ranks very high over and above Enugu state in education. In the whole of Nigeria its only Imo that ranks above Anambra. educationally Enugu state competes with the likes of Ebonyi, Gombe, Niger, Adamawa and rest of them.

I think you have a comprehension problems. If not, you will know that we are talking about what Peter Obi has done and not how developed Ekwuloia is. What is in your Ekwulobia apart from grocery shops along the road. Tell me one good thing along the Nkpor-Ogidi-Abatete-Umuoji-Down to Agulu axis.. What of Nanka and co? Each time we mention peter obi here, the first thing you dogs shout is that anambra boasts of best road network. hahahaha, who gave you that award? Have you been to lagps at all?
Let me quickly remind you that we are criticizing mr peter obi s achievements and not anambra state. Tell us what he has done
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by abes(m): 10:29am On Jun 12, 2012
bestview:

OLUWA O!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bestview: 10:47am On Jun 12, 2012
ZUBY77:

I think you have a comprehension problems. If not, you will know that we are talking about what Peter Obi has done and not how developed Ekwuloia is. What is in your Ekwulobia apart from grocery shops along the road. Tell me one good thing along the Nkpor-Ogidi-Abatete-Umuoji-Down to Agulu axis.. What of Nanka and co? Each time we mention peter obi here, the first thing you dogs shout is that anambra boasts of best road network. hahahaha, who gave you that award? Have you been to lagps at all?
Let me quickly remind you that we are criticizing mr peter obi s achievements and not anambra state. Tell us what he has done

You are not making any point. Enugu state is 95% rural. The only states that can be compare to Anambra is Lagos and Rivers in terms of expansive development that reaches the grass root
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nightshift(m): 1:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
bestview:

For strangers in Igboland, Enugu state has the following high institutions: UNN,UNEC,ESUT Agbani, IMT Enugu, NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL Agbani, CARITAS UNIVERSITY Emene Enugu, OSISATECH Nike, MADONNA UNIVERSITY Ndiagu Akpugo.COLLEGE OF EDUCATION Ehamufu, another Uni owned by former Gov. Nnamani at Agbani/Ugbawka. Madonna Uni Okija is owned by Rev. Father Emmanuel Edeh from Ndiagu Akpugo. The road from Ozzalla Junction along Enugu/PH Highway is a 4 lane 15km dual road to Agbani. Old secondary schools in Enugu are : CIC Enugu, St. John Nsukka, Bigard Enugu, Queen's Enugu,City Girls Enugu, St. Patrick Emene, and football /sports power houses National Grammar School Nike Enugu,Umueze Boys Secondary. The last 2 schools dominated sports in the old Anambra State. Mr. Innocent Egbunike and Ezinwa brothers,plus many ex Rangers' players were from those Enugu schools.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by aljharem(m): 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
bashr8: shut up hendiot, oyo is 10 times more dangerous than lagos , we have posted crime statistic here several times, what do u know about south east, enugu is the safest btw in the southeas

Ne deceiving yourself, I wonder when you started believing Nigerian stats. Do you know the amount of stats we have brought here that YOU have discredited because it is not in your favour ?

The fact remains that, Oyo is safer than Lagos. You do not know these two states more than me

Imo and to a larger extent is safer than Enugu aka the coal state. When last have you heard kidnapping happening in Imo compare to enugu ?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by aljharem(m): 3:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
abes:

OLUWA O!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My brother that is how they lie on Nairaland. Please do your research yourself and don't let this Nairaland revisionist feed us bread
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Afam4eva(m): 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem:

My brother that is how they lie on Nairaland. Please do your research yourself and don't let this Nairaland revisionist feed us bread
It's true. madonna is actually the first private university in Nigeria followed by Igbinedion.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by aljharem(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva:
It's true. madonna is actually the first private university in Nigeria followed by Igbinedion.

Yeah true just found out, what year was it established because it does not say
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by jimharry21(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr. Peter Obi has taken Anambra State 6years back from where Dr. Ngige Left It
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ACM10: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem:

Ne deceiving yourself, I wonder when you started believing Nigerian stats. Do you know the amount of stats we have brought here that YOU have discredited because it is not in your favour ?

The fact remains that, Oyo is safer than Lagos. You do not know these two states more than me

Imo and to a larger extent is safer than Enugu aka the coal state. When last have you heard kidnapping happening in Imo compare to enugu ?

Imo state iz safer than Enugu? You must be outta ya mind. How many kidnappings haz occured in Enugu for the past 4yrz compared to Imo? Plz reduce the dose of the crack u take or better still, check into a rehab centre.

BTW, why did u abandon your female ID when u were caught?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ACM10: 6:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
jimharry21: Mr. Peter Obi has taken Anambra State 6years back from where Dr. Ngige Left It

This iz an insult to the person of Senator Dr. Christopher Nwabueze Ngige. Mr. Peter Obi actually took Anambra State 8yrz back to the first one yr of Ngige. He decelerated the pace of development left by Ngige. Plz take note.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ZUBY77(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
Nightshift: For strangers in Igboland, Enugu state has the following high institutions: UNN,UNEC,ESUT Agbani, IMT Enugu, NIGERIA LAW SCHOOL Agbani, CARITAS UNIVERSITY Emene Enugu, OSISATECH Nike, MADONNA UNIVERSITY Ndiagu Akpugo.COLLEGE OF EDUCATION Ehamufu, another Uni owned by former Gov. Nnamani at Agbani/Ugbawka. Madonna Uni Okija is owned by Rev. Father Emmanuel Edeh from Ndiagu Akpugo. The road from Ozzalla Junction along Enugu/PH Highway is a 4 lane 15km dual road to Agbani. Old secondary schools in Enugu are : CIC Enugu, St. John Nsukka, Bigard Enugu, Queen's Enugu,City Girls Enugu, St. Patrick Emene, and football /sports power houses National Grammar School Nike Enugu,Umueze Boys Secondary. The last 2 schools dominated sports in the old Anambra State. Mr. Innocent Egbunike and Ezinwa brothers,plus many ex Rangers' players were from those Enugu schools.

You dont need to remind bestview about anything. He is just decieving himself
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bestview: 1:38pm On Jun 13, 2012
You both are making unnecessary mouth. grin grin

Enugu State had all these schools you claim and they still remain at the back waters of education in Nigeria. The fact remains that Anambra has some of the best universities/colleges/schools and produces yearly among the best and brightest Nigeria can offer the world. Like as I said before Enugu state is in the same league with Ebonyi, Gombe, Zamfara, Sokoto and the rest of them when it comes to education and enlightenment. So deal with bro.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by alex14(m): 6:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
Mr. Globe:

you remain an id/iot and is confused as ever. Am about to dig the thread that gave you an online eze so I will know the psycopaths that voted you in. Maybe it was one of the times I was on NL break. Nobody cares about your office, I even suspect you are Yoruba. No wonder someone put up a thread earlier to challenge your ezeship. Dude you are on your own. You speak for yourself and not ndiigbo. We are smarter than you.

I can't stop but LMAO @ the bolded. Biko nwanne, Eze Onlytruth bu ezigbo n'wa afo Igbo. Kwusi e bashi umu'ne gi ogu maka na ndi iro anyi ga eji nka na'ma ndigbo n'jakeri. Eze anyi na nairaland bu n'wa afo we're ako n'uche chukwu goziri. Dalu O cool
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by alex14(m): 6:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
The brainless El rufai should go and talk about his backward north before we take him serious.

Another thing I've come to realise about nairaland is that to gain notoreity, just post/hate on anything Igbo and watch how you'll become popular on this site. Bigoted goats like Gbawe (a Yoruba who likes licking northern a.rses), dayokanu, bluetooth, ileke idi, and other brainless goon who will go to any length to create excess Id's like alh harem=shymmex=bittyend=brixtonyute=ilaje1444=et.al have all become popular. Thanks to their Igbo-hating tendencies.

All these have made me to finally understood and embrace the "Aka Ikenga" motto which is: "the magic of being IGBO". So in essence, clowns who are nothing in life can assume that they will become something in life as long as they keep attacking those that are looking at leaping into the 21st century, while the haters remain stuck in stone age.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE DUNGEON CALLED "ONE NIGERIA" PROTECTS A LOT OF WEAK GROUPS. el rufai and his slaves ON NAIRALAND IS A PROOF OF THIS cool.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2012
Na wa for this thread, Punch, and Peter Obi. This is from Punch's article:

El Rufai reportedly said Anambra was the poorest state in the country, that it was educationally backward, lacked priorities and suffered from poor infrastructural development.

Governor Obi's response:

It is an insult to the Igbo race to openly or even remotely suggest that any part of Igbo land is the poorest in the country.

What El-Rufai said:

Anambra has a poverty index of 22.8 per cent, the third highest in the zone, and shares the [size=14pt]sixth lowest position in Nigeria[/size] with Rivers State which also has 22.8 per cent.

The lower the poverty index, the better. I think SkyBlue tried to point this out but was ignored by those who continued to bicker.

El-Rufai's comments on education:

Anambra state has a longstanding reputation of being an educationally advanced state: it has at least 9 institutions of higher learning, its literacy rate is comparatively high, in a 2010 NBS literacy survey, youth literacy in the state was said to be 92.9%, adult literacy at 74.0%. [size=14pt]However, compared to its South East Neighbors[/size], the state has the third lowest adult literacy amongst the 5 states, Abia has 78.2%, Imo 80.8%, Enugu with 64.6% and Ebonyi with 69.8%, this means that in education terms, Anambra is performing poorer than most other states in its region. From this regional perspective, it means investment in education urgently needs attention and ought to be ramped up.

There's always room for improvement, but what's so damning his statement? I love how he said third lowest sha. Out of five states, third lowest is also third highest. I am curious to the literacy figures. I don't know much about education in Abia and Imo.

Punch failed to accurately summarize El-Rufai's comments, I suppose in order to justify Obi's failure of a response. I would like to see Obi respond to the following comments made by El-Rufai:

The two major contributors to IGR in 2012 will be N6.7bn from taxes and about N4bn from fines and fees. If this IGR is measured against the states projected personnel costs of N16.3bn, Anambra cannot pay its staff salaries without reliance on federal allocation; this means it is one of those ‘dependent’ states and is not economically viable for independent existence.

A meager N1.4 billion is budgeted for health, and considering that health should be the core focus of any state government, this amount is barely adequate. From this sum, it is evident that the government has misplaced priorities, apportioning only 1.7% of the entire budget to a sector that directly affects the livelihood of all of its populace.

How can only 1.7% go to health?

For those of you who haven't read El-Rufai's analysis, here: http://el-rufai.org/2012/06/anambra%E2%80%99s-budget-of-misplaced-priorities/
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by aljharem(m): 2:19am On Jun 14, 2012
alex_101: The brainless El rufai should go and talk about his backward north before we take him serious.

Another thing I've come to realise about nairaland is that to gain notoreity, just post/hate on anything Igbo and watch how you'll become popular on this site. Bigoted goats like Gbawe (a Yoruba who likes licking northern a.rses), dayokanu, bluetooth, ileke idi, and other brainless goon who will go to any length to create excess Id's like alh harem=shymmex=bittyend=brixtonyute=ilaje1444=et.al have all become popular. Thanks to their Igbo-hating tendencies.

All these have made me to finally understood and embrace the "Aka Ikenga" motto which is: "the magic of being IGBO". So in essence, clowns who are nothing in life can assume that they will become something in life as long as they keep attacking those that are looking at leaping into the 21st century, while the haters remain stuck in stone age.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE DUNGEON CALLED "ONE NIGERIA" PROTECTS A LOT OF WEAK GROUPS. el rufai and his slaves ON NAIRALAND IS A PROOF OF THIS cool.

SMH for you, keep thinking everyone is Alj harem you go just hang. I am Alj harem one and only, no one else.

I could careless about this topic since it is too ethnic related, thanks to the Governor. If I want to say something, I am not afraid of using Alj harem as you probably can tell with my erratic change in behaviour when likes of you start your tribal ranting.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by coolzeal(m): 3:13am On Jun 14, 2012
Well am not trying to justify what El Rufai said, but he is somewhat speaking the truth. Onitcha has one of the largest market in Nigeria and still the state government cannot use that to boost a modern market. Onitcha and Aba are suppose to be the engine and power of the East, too bad the government has no brain. Nigeria is a shit hole compare to other Africa countries. Structurally, economy wise and social Amenities..
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by lekkie073(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2012
bashr8: and tell us which other state in nigeria can booast of 2 industrial cities plus one capital city . anu mpama
i said towns, not cities? or r u so dumb dat u cant fathom d difference btw a city and a town?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:33am On Oct 07, 2012
doyin13: --

who is the guy in your profile? shocked
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Muange: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2012
Good Morning everyone.

Best view, i'd like to use one of the Abeokuta's pictures that you published. Are their rights reserved or free?

Thanks for your answer.ikeja lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wike Inspects Roads In Portharcourt & Ikwere / Peter Obi; The Force Behind Atiku’s Grassroot Campaign / Shehu Sani: PDP Should Recall ALL Past Members For Buhari To Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.