Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:59 PM

El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi (23435 Views)

You’re The Greatest Enemy Of Igbo Race – Okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by 9javoice1(m): 5:08am On Jun 11, 2012
Can a snake give birth to a man? that is how it looks like when some people thinks that ELRUFAI is saying the truth.
During his time as FCT every tribes suffered in his policies except core north ppl, unless those he has thinks against or obj political enemies.

Can he Elrufai tell us the truth on why the core north are perpetualy poor? didn't he know
Can he tell us man enough to tell Buhari to seat down and allow inteligent youths to rule naija?
Has he ever speaking anything thing wrong he see in the north?

Truth from a man who has never come out and conmdem bokoharam.
Truth from elrufai is like facts from demons. ofcourse it must have evil motives.

If Elrufai wants us to blv him in naija, Let him come out and confess to naija people.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by 9javoice1(m): 5:15am On Jun 11, 2012
@PHIPEX(m): 12:43am
Elrufai is just a politcal Jobber, Any one who read Thisday Newspaper today (hardcopy) will find out that Obi was ranked among top 10 best Governors in Nigeria (I can find the online version where all the Governors in Nigeria were accessed). Whoever has been to Anambra will know that his analysis was biased. this is a statement that was published recently by a FG agency

The current unemployment statistics in Nigeria, put at about 19.7% (National Bureau for Statistics, World Bank 2009) is on a high side and unacceptable to the Federal Government. This figure varies between professions, geo-political zones, States and age brackets with as high as 41.6% reported for youth in the 18 to 24 years age bracket (National Bureau for Statistics, World Bank 2009).

State Rate State Rate State Rate
Abia 14.5 Ekiti 20.6 Nasarawa 10.1
Adamawa 29.4 Enugu 14.9 Niger 11.9
AkwaIbom 34.1 Gombe 32.1 Ogun 8.5
Anambra 16.8 Imo 20.8 Ondo 14.9
Bauchi 37.2 Jigawa 26.5 Osun 12.6
Bayelsa 38.4 Kaduna 11.6 Oyo 14.9
Benue 8.5 Kano 27.6 Plateau 7.1
Borno 27.7 Katsina 37.3 Rivers 27.9
Cross River 14.3 Kebbi 12.0 Sokoto 22.4
Delta 18.4 Kogi 19.0 Taraba 26.8
Ebonyi 12.0 Kwara 11.0 Yobe 27.3
Edo 12.2 Lagos 19.5 Zamfara 13.3

The average rate of unemployment worldwide is 14.2% while Nigeria’s rate of unemployment is 19.7%. The country as a whole is above the world average and some States are actually above the National average. According to the table above, fifteen (15) Statesfall within that category.

Abagworo come and read this. with the way you are going you will fall into your enemies trap. Read the above statistic from a neutral group.
compare it with what the aboki guy say. Pls open your eyes.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Onlytruth(m): 5:49am On Jun 11, 2012
hehe! 2015 politics in FULL GEAR.
It is full steam ahead folks!

El Rufai should go and get his facts from SOLUDO. cool
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by chino11(m): 6:29am On Jun 11, 2012
GBAM

Elrufai knows that if Anambra is down, then Igbo nation is down. Elrufai knows exactly what he is doing, he knows where to start if he wants to disunite the Igbos. But he has failed, Peter Rock Obi is not like every other Nigerian politician. I read the Thisday where Obi was ranked among the 10 best performing governors in Nigeria. Its a feat.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Ezeufi: 7:34am On Jun 11, 2012
[b]“It is an insult to the Igbo race to openly or even remotely suggest that any part of Igbo land is the poorest in the country. This negates our resourcefulness and ingenuity as a people."[b]

How can letting foreigners (missionaries) run your local schools and hospitals be resourcefulness and ingenuity of any African people
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by debum(m): 7:34am On Jun 11, 2012
el rufai assesment of Anambra state false and an insult to any igbo man because we are know for hardworking with or without government.He is using this medium to campaign for presidency , don t worry we are waiting for you to land you fanatic
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mbulela: 8:07am On Jun 11, 2012
doyin13:

The thing is no one has actually brought any statistics to contradict any of Rufai's.

Quoting accounts on google of Onitsha market or showing the number of applications to NAU or giving anecdotal evidence of whats on ground do not particularly provide a good defence of what Rufai has said. I get good accounts of how wonderful Fashola is doing all the time and think of him as poor at best and scandalous at worst.

I have no problems with highlighting Rufai's mischief if indeed that is what he is up to, but it would be poor form to only address his intentions and not his argument as well.
this is the crux of the matter.
Nasir,did not cook up the stats he used. argue with facts against his.not just wiping up sentiments. The size of Onitsha market is not an indication of the success of Obi's govt. Onitsha market is the biggest in Nigeria and also the dirtiest. It is a shame that with all the incentives that Onitsha market provides, Obi has been unable to improve its sanitation. The entire Onitsha city is one pile of dirt.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by babsmii(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2012
obi prove he's lying and stop appending emotions and tribalism to a simple matter. wat a waste...
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by freesoul3(f): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2012
peter obi may be a tief
but el rufai is a criminal!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Genius100: 9:26am On Jun 11, 2012
9ja voice:

Abagworo come and read this. with the way you are going you will fall into your enemies trap. Read the above statistic from a neutral group.
compare it with what the aboki guy say. Pls open your eyes.

Dude, this is from 2009...
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Ejine(m): 9:38am On Jun 11, 2012
Ezeufi: “It is an insult to the Igbo race to openly or even remotely suggest that any part of Igbo land is the poorest in the country. This negates our resourcefulness and ingenuity as a people."

How can letting foreigners (missionaries) run your local schools and hospitals be resourcefulness and ingenuity of any African people

Are you not an olodo?
Those schools and hospitals were BUILT by the missionaries but FORCEFULLY TAKEN by the military in the name of "indigenization".
With the institutions mismanaged and run to the ground, he's bringing them back to life by handing them back to their ORIGINAL OWNERS for better management. Shikena.

Most of you NL posters hardly ever reason before posting sha.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by olyivy(f): 9:39am On Jun 11, 2012
free_soul: peter obi may be a tief
but el rufai is a criminal!

At the above I stand!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Sealeddeal(m): 10:00am On Jun 11, 2012
Who said that the citizen's wealth is the wealth of state? Dats not quite proper.Anambra has rich men dat cant develop the state for the benefit of the people.there are many poor families or people in anambra.i may disagree with el-rufai dat anambra is as poor as he positioned it.however,without federal allocation,anambra govt will be hamstrung.the people of anambra are very resourceful such dat 60percent of our people can develop themselves without govt.Obi's statement show dat he is quite insecure especially as regard his govt as such he will want any critique to be to his favour.Obi's reply to el-rufai aint proper.one thing i know is dat Peter Obi is the best governor ever ruled anambra state and among the best ten governors in nigeria.the only thing is dat the touch he has given to the state is a very decent touch but not close to enough.Anambra need more than that and i will blame FG cos the allocation coming to anambra is little to compare to development she is expected to bring.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SkySpirit(m): 10:13am On Jun 11, 2012
I wonder what is good about Anambra State & its myopic people who feel they are more of igbos than other igbos. My take is that Dora Akunyili should be given a chance to govern that state, then I believe some thing good would come out of the state.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 11, 2012
mimifonwon:

see this anu ohia oooh, if you must know [b]am from ogun state, but my mom is from abia state, [/b]yes abia needs work also and i will say it, the governor is as horrible as anambra's- they all except imoke and maybe rochas- thieves and are not helping their people advance. Rather they point fingers at outsiders. My dear go do something better, am off to play soccer. ngwa nno nke oma!!!

No wonder you r this beautiful, full igbo BLOOD WITH LITTLE Yoruba BLOOD tongue tongue tongue... well for ur link i will forgive u for all tha Bashing on Bashr8 grin
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2012
Abagworo: I feel bad when my Igbo brothers and other Nigerians fail to see things from real point of view. I am from Imo and I have said it times without number that we are over-populated. Many people can no longer inherit a plot of land in their village because land is finished. How then can we farm? I've once said that the hope of Imo and Anambra in agriculture lies in the Niger basin between Ogbaru down to Ihiala for Anambra and the Anam area. The Egbema and Ohaji area in Imo. Any Government that is serious will develop agriculture in these selected areas of the States.

We remain the only States in Nigeria where our population outside the States is twice those still living in the States. That is to say that there should be more than 8million Anambrians living outside Anambra while only 4million live in the State.

After you spent 50 yrs in Obodo oyibo u will come back hoping to see free plot of land, u get mind ooo, who will safeguard it for ugrin grin grin
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 11, 2012
mimifonwon:

I beg sharap there, "where was rufai and buhari...blah blah" - the question you should be asking was where were your eastern leaders and why did they sale your pride, your allocations for their own personal benefits. When you need someone to blame, start by looking in the mirror and your igbo leaders, because they are the cause of your problems. If they didnt fold their hands and answer "yes sah- what eva you can give us we will take, as long as you oil my hand fest, if you know wharra i mean"(in igbo accent)...Mtcheww.. chetawa kwa egbe bere ugo bere, nke si ibe ya ebena nku kwaa ya na ijiri oso agbakwuru ogu amaghi na ogu bu onwu, - becareful how you defend things you dont know much about oo.. Ignorance is never bliss. smiley

Fake Yoruba Girl. If I catch Youuuu, o ti kun for u tongue tongue
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by emsquare(m): 12:01pm On Jun 11, 2012
amosy007: So saying the truth about d state of things in a particular state in Nigeria has now being considered as an insult on igbo race sad i see

why are our leaders seperating us with tribalism?
Instead of him to insult el rufai if all he had said sumtin wrong. Buh instead he linked it to igbo race. Wtf

Hmmm
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by adultiph: 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2012
In as much as am not a fan of Peter Obi but i disagree with Boko Rufai.
I am from Imo state and my work cut acros Anambra,Enugu,Delta and Ebonyi state.
Anambra state has the best road network in Nigeria.I can challenge any person to any where on this.I am not saying that Peter Obi is doing well or not but interms of roads,the guy has done well.
I don't see why he should rated low in this area.
Nwoke ike (Ngige) started well on road building and Peter Obi really continued from where he stoped.

On Peter Obi saying that Boko rufai statement is an insult to Igbo nation.I agree with him.How will he rate the south east very low in good environment for business.
Onitsha is one of the biggest market in Africa (if not the biggest in Africa).Aba is also one of the biggest market in Africa.So how did they survive all this while.
Outside Lagos,i don' think there is any state that is more suitable than south eastern states.Is it the nothern states where Boko haram is the other of the day.Is it the western nigeria where arm robbers rules like as if they are the governors.Anambra state is the only state that is not indebted to any body.Their resources has been well manged.Interms of industrialisation the only states that are better than Anambra are Rivers and Lagos.An average person from Anambra is very independent.So how will he say that the state is very poor and not viable. Bleep Boko Rufai statistics and lets face the reality on ground.
My only annoyance with Peter Obi is his refusal to develop Awka.
But to be fare with him.he has done well.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Kick Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bestview: 12:59pm On Jun 11, 2012
mbulela:
this is the crux of the matter.
Nasir,did not cook up the stats he used. argue with facts against his.not just wiping up sentiments. The size of Onitsha market is not an indication of the success of Obi's govt. Onitsha market is the biggest in Nigeria and also the dirtiest. It is a shame that with all the incentives that Onitsha market provides, Obi has been unable to improve its sanitation. The entire Onitsha city is one pile of dirt.

You saying what you don't know, you may have to visit Aba to know what dirt environment is about. That Onitsha has the biggest commercial center does not mean its the dirtiest. The only portion of Onitsha that made people have that notion is the Upper Iweka area of the express, which is currently under reconstruction and remodeling by FG/State government. You need to visit other parts of the city to conclude on your assumption. Onitsha is in the same class of economic importance to Lagos, PH and they all share almost the same similarities. Onitsha remains the pride of Igbo nation

2 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by aljharem(m): 1:07pm On Jun 11, 2012
adultiph: In as much as am not a fan of Peter Obi but i disagree with Boko Rufai.
Anambra state has the best road network in Nigeria.I can challenge any person to any where on this.I am not saying that Peter Obi is doing well or not but interms of roads,the guy has done well.
Nwoke ike (Ngige) started well on road building and Peter Obi really continued from where he stoped.

On Peter Obi saying that Boko rufai statement is an insult to Igbo nation.I agree with him.How will he rate the south east very low in good environment for business.
Onitsha is one of the biggest market in Africa (if not the biggest in Africa).Aba is also one of the biggest market in Africa.So how did they survive all this while.
Outside Lagos,i don' think there is any state that is more suitable than south eastern states.Is it the nothern states where Boko haram is the other of the day.Is it the western nigeria where arm robbers rules like as if they are the governors.Anambra state is the only state that is not indebted to any body.Their resources has been well manged.Interms of industrialisation the only states that are better than Anambra are Rivers and Lagos.An average person from Anambra is very independent.So how will he say that the state is very poor and not viable. Bleep Boko Rufai statistics and lets face the reality on ground.

My brother you talk with ignorance here. First of all I am an indigenous Lagosian (not a migrant) and in all of the SW states, Lagos is the most dangerous, I am not speaking out if ignorance here. The safest and the most peaceful in Oyo state.

Thus you observe that those that don't go to Lagos or Rivers state (oil companies) end up in Oyo state.

In all of the SE, Imo state proves to be the safest and the most accommodating.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bestview: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2012
adultiph: In as much as am not a fan of Peter Obi but i disagree with Boko Rufai.

With what I have seen in past few months concerning road construction and reconstruction in Awka, followed by fascinating modern architecture as can be seen at Udoka and Abuja estate and GRA areas. Awka is another hospitality hotspot where modern hotels and relaxation spots are springing up on daily basis. By the time the ongoing Onitsha-Awka expressway is completed the beauty of the city's serenity would be well appreciated.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by lekkie073(m): 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
These pictures you are posting aren't clear enough oh! All we see is the roofs. . .I know a website where you can get close up pictures of the thatched homes with grass roofs, I believe you will also find pictures of the bad roads and over flowing latrines. Lemme get you the link.

Now, Now, you don't need to thank me. . .I understand why you have to post these pictures. After all the more bad pictures of other states you post, the better Anambra gets. I dare say by the time you are done posting all the pictures on the website, Anambra will be the second Paris, complete with the Eiffel tower and all.

Carry on boyo! cheesy cheesy
Anambra of all places...80percent of anambra is village. Θ only developed towns are onitsha, awka and nnewi...all others...idemili north and south, ihiala, agaUta, okija, ayamelum, etc я all villages. If na lie make any anambra indigene talk
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Chyz2: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2012
chino11: GBAM

Elrufai knows that if Anambra is down, then Igbo nation is down. Elrufai knows exactly what he is doing, he knows where to start if he wants to disunite the Igbos. But he has failed, Peter Rock Obi is not like every other Nigerian politician. I read the Thisday where Obi was ranked among the 10 best performing governors in Nigeria. Its a feat.

Stop smokin, stay in school.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Chyz2: 1:39pm On Jun 11, 2012
ALthough I don't respect Obi,especially because he is unmanly, bringing in ethnicity was a smart way in blocking el rufai's obvious attempt into making incursions into the SE for is cpc/acn political jobbers.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ACM10: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
mimifonwon:

See what am saying, aturu like you forget that those states are part of Nigeria, so as a nigerian I have a say in what happens in my homeland. This is the problem with nigeria with people getting tribal about everything. Granted my father is a yorubaman, but my mother is an igbo woman. And as you know in igboland you cannot hurt me, because thats is my mothers land and i can say whatever i want, because i am not an outsider, even if you say i am, am a protected one. If you feel there things needed to be fixed in ogun, okay please name them and make recommendations on how to solve it, dont just talk half hazardously, like someone without sense. Secondly I help my mother with her medical runs every other summer to help better your life, and provide the medical care your governors, nor government have been unable to make available. We visit 10 cities, 4 of which are in igboland, so dont you dare tell me i have no right to comment, i have every right, if not more than you, so sharap there - uza oku di na apko, apko ya nti emechie!! kpacha kwara anya ghi oo!!

You sounds like Alj_harem. I said this for a reason. His conspicuous absence from this thread is suspicious
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by adultiph: 1:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Kindly note that i am not comparing Imo sate and Anambra state.
Imo state might be peaceful but YOU CANNOT COMPARE ITS BUSINESS POTENTIALS to that of Anambra and Abia.I am from Imo state.I will tell you the truth.My state is all about education.That is where they are ranked highest in the nation.But for business and road network,Anambra is better than us.
I lived in Lagos for many years and interms of Business survival Lagos is far more better than any state in the south west.Lagos is where some one can sell only pur water and still survive.There is hardly anything (with exception of aviatin and computer parts) that you find in nigeria market that is not produced or pirated in Anambra state.
There is no how any nothern nigeria state will be rated high above Anambra state.It is only Lagos that i can rate ahead of anambra state.This nigerian elites are use to using false statistics to confuse us.we better face the reality on ground.That is how they confused us after census.So i know what i am saying. I am not talking with ignorance.You and i know that any business that comes into Nigeria goes straight to Onitsha.
alj harem:

My brother you talk with ignorance here. First of all I am an indigenous Lagosian (not a migrant) and in all of the SW states, Lagos is the most dangerous, I am not speaking out if ignorance here. The safest and the most peaceful in Oyo state.

Thus you observe that those that don't go to Lagos or Rivers state (oil companies) end up in Oyo state.

In all of the SE, Imo state proves to be the safest and the most accommodating.

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Pukkah: 3:37pm On Jun 11, 2012
bashr8: these some of the indices of literacy and health care and its obvious anambra is ahead of more then 30 states in the country in these factors and all round, will try and find more Data , elrufai is nothing but a troll if [b]ACN [/b]wants anambra they should campaign like everyother party and not throwing cheap shots.

What is the relationship between ACN and El Rufai?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by PHIPEX(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2012
Genius100:

Dude, this is from 2009...

Has there been any recent one? Tell Elrufai to state the source of his figures because many of them are faulty unless he is interested in a propaganda.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ZUBY77(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
chino11: GBAM

I have never seen a more silly person than you. You can hate elrufai but there is credibility in what he said. I live in Onitsha and visit enugu every weekend. Do you know why?
Peter Obi may have been everything to you but to the people of Anambra state, he is nada. He has done nothing. Try to visit Enugu for a day and see what a government means. Peter obi refused to even conduct local govt election in his state and here you are defending him.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bestview: 7:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
^

My friend shatap there, why do you choose to bring the comparison of states into this thread. Besides are you talking of Enugu urban or entire Enugu state? If you have ever have cause to travel beyond Enugu urban into dungeons which are supposed to be towns by as Awgu, Nkanu, Nsukka, Ukwuaji, Akegbe and many more of such places in Enugu, then you will understand that Anambra has got it right in areas of good road networks in nigeria that traversed all the communities in the state. That Enugu tarred few KM of roads within urban sector does not give them pass mark of development. I can tell you there is no part of Anambra community that is not ashphalted and that is the real development connecting rural areas. Obi has opened up the rural areas making life meaningful for people in those areas. I drive myself from Nnewi to Awka everyday to work, this is because the roads are good. Until I finish my housing project in Awka, I will still be traveling on that road. Again it doesnt matter if you live in Onitsha and travel to Enugu every other weekend, it depends on your personal reasons. I for one spend most of my weekends at Nnewi because that is where my family is, unless I decide to stay back in Awka for the weekend.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Oshiomhole In Action At APC Rally In Benin / Tension In Cross River Communities Over Superhighway / Oshiomhole: Ihedioha Never Won Imo, Supreme Court Just Made Correction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.