Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi (23162 Views)

You’re The Greatest Enemy Of Igbo Race – Okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SkyBlue1: 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2012

The 2012 budget for the state is N82.5 billion as against N66.9 billion in 2011, representing a 23.2 per cent increase. N46.8 billion (57%) is apportioned for capital expenditure, and N35.7 billion (43%) is for recurrent expenditure. Analysing the recurrent budget further, N9.2 billion or (26%) is set aside for Consolidated Revenue Fund Charges, N16.3 billion (45%) for personnel costs, N7.4 billion (21%) for overhead costs and N2.8 billion (8%) as subvention to parastatals/ tertiary institutions. [size=13pt]Anambra’s total IGR for 2012 is projected at N12 billion, the same figure as was projected in 2011. This means, while its expenditure has increased, the state has not enhanced its capacity to collect or expand its tax base.[/size]

The two major contributors to IGR in 2012 will be N6.7 billion from taxes and about N4 billion from fines and fees. If this IGR is measured against the states projected personnel costs of N16.3 billion, [size=13pt]Anambra cannot pay its staff salaries without reliance on federal allocation; this means it is one of those ‘dependent’ states and is not economically viable for independent existence.[/size]
The 2012 budget will be funded by projected capital receipts of N47 billion, N12 billion as IGR and N36 billion as FAAC allocations, bringing total revenues to N95 billion, out of which N12.3 billion would be transferred to Capital Development Fund. In sectoral terms, N28.2 billion (34.2%) is allocated to the economic sector, N24.2 billion (29.4%) to the social sector, N9.7 billion (11.82%) for the environmental sector and N20.2 billion (24.52%) for general administration.

The section I have posted above is what I deem the most important section of the article, and the part in bold a very interesting point. If these figures are wrong or off people including the governor should release the right data or shut up. And if this data happens to be accurate then you guys should give the whole thing a rest, I don't know how you can say a state is not poor when it can't pay its staff without federal assistant. Is that what one calls a rich state?

The fact that other states might be in similar or worse situations does not justify it. The only redeeming position Peter Obi is showing how his government has grown and earning power gor his state. But the fist part in bold does not really hint at that, showing a state increasing expenditure but not earning power. Is this how you will proudly run a home? Unless this data is faulty, give it a rest and stop shooting the messenger!! It is embarassing!! But feel free to give it a try though, defend the parts in bold
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by iiiyyyk(m): 10:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
el rufai must be mad for calling anambra a poor state, may be because the is no oil well in onitsha. Hausa's think oil is the only sourse of wealth.

apart from lagos, no other state has more money than Anambra in nigeria, as for PH, take away total, mobil etc these company touches very few lives

i believe that the wealth of a state is a measure of the individual citizens wealth.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SkyBlue1: 10:18pm On Jun 10, 2012
iiiyyyk:
el rufai must be mad for calling anambra a poor state, may be because the is no oil well in onitsha. Hausa's think oil is the only sourse of wealth.

apart from lagos, no other state has more money than Anambra in nigeria, as for PH, take away total, mobil etc these company touches very few lives

i believe that the wealth of a state is a measure of the individual citizens wealth.

So a state that cannot pay its staff their salary without federal government assistance is a rich state?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2012
doyin13:

The thing is no one has actually brought any statistics to contradict any of Rufai's.

Quoting accounts on google of Onitsha market or showing the number of applications to NAU or giving anecdotal evidence of whats on ground do not particularly provide a good defence of what Rufai has said. I get good accounts of how wonderful Fashola is doing all the time and think of him as poor at best and scandalous at worst.

I have no problems with highlighting Rufai's mischief if indeed that is what he is up to, but it would be poor form to only address his intentions and not his argument as well.

To the bolded, these are just a few examples
https://www.nairaland.com/554457/anambra-poverty-rate-lowest-nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/371485/regional-poverty-nigeria-north-south-west

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
Some of us are even missing the point, even if Anambra isn't the wealthiest or least poor, it's nowhere near the bottom. For starters, there is far lower poverty prevalence in Anambra than every single Northern state. To insinuate Anambra is the 6th poorest state in Nigeria is nuts. grin
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by cupid4ig(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2012
am from anambra state and i must say that what el rufai said is absolute truth peter obi is so lazy and have not achieved anything since he took office angry sad embarassed
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ronnyfam(f): 10:33pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ejiné:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

nku5: Good we need more trolls if that is what will drive that [color=#990000]soprano sounding [/color]aso rock house boy called peter obi to get his self back to awka and get to work. The monkey is trying to turn it into a tribal issue and some will succumb but the truth no go hide forever

Laughing in imo ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by MrGlobe(m): 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
cupid4ig: am from anambra state and i must say that what el rufai said is absolute truth peter obi is so lazy and have not achieved anything since he took office angry sad embarassed
exactly nwanne.. I was tired at reading the gibberishes. Ibu ezigbo nwa afo. Thank God I spotted your post first. El Rufai is 100 percent correct and you cant be more anambra than myself. Awka smells of poverty, onitsha smells of neglect, nnewi smells of disorganization.
Peter Obi has failed and he has admitted it by not replying with facts to state otherwise. He is a fraud!
We need soludo to fix this mess up come 2014. #VoteSoludo2014 and stop being silly
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2012
Nightshift: Does it occur to you that more students seek admission to Unizik than UNN due to the fact that premium university UNN is more competitive than Unizik? UNN is in another league than Unizik.Ok? Stop those your "OMATA"arguments!
go siddon, premium indeed , like i said more people want to enroll into unilag followed by unizik ,UNN is known to be slow and sluggish ,nobody wants to waste his youth away in university
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SkyBlue1: 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
Obi1kenobi: Some of us are even missing the point, even if Anambra isn't the wealthiest or least poor, it's nowhere near the bottom. For starters, there is far lower poverty prevalence in Anambra than every single Northern state. To insinuate Anambra is the 6th poorest state in Nigeria is nuts. grin

Are you really sure you understand what the article says when it states that Anambra shares the sixth lowest position in Nigeria with Rivers State which also has 22.8 per cent, with regards to poverty index? ?

Are you really sure you know what it means??

HINT HINT (*whispers* you don't want high numbers for poverty index)

Please please please, be sure you know what you are actually on about before you post. Please don't tell me your whole argument has been based on feeling the article says Anambra is the sixth poorest state in Nigeria ( a position it apparently shares with Rivers of all states - or did you miss that bit)? Have you actually read the article?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by crackhouse(m): 10:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr. Globe:

exactly nwanne.. I was tired at reading the gibberishes. Ibu ezigbo nwa afo. Thank God I spotted your post first. El Rufai is 100 percent correct and you cant be more anambra than myself. Awka smells of poverty, onitsha smells of neglect, nnewi smells of disorganization.
Peter Obi has failed and he has admitted it by not replying with facts to state otherwise. He is a fraud!
We need soludo to fix this mess up come 2014. #VoteSoludo2014 and stop being silly
people criticise as if they really care abt the state whereas all they want is for their man to take over so they can have the access & opportunity to milk the state dry.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by iiiyyyk(m): 10:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
Sky Blue:

So a state that cannot pay its staff their salary without federal government assistance is a rich state?

so a atate that has billions yet her citizens are lavishing in poverty is a rich state?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SkyBlue1: 10:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
iiiyyyk:

so a atate that has billions yet her citizens are lavishing in poverty is a rich state?

Sky Blue:

Are you really sure you understand what the article says when it states that Anambra shares the sixth lowest position in Nigeria with Rivers State which also has 22.8 per cent, with regards to poverty index? ?

Are you really sure you know what it means??

HINT HINT[b][/b] (*whispers* you don't want high numbers for poverty index)

Please please please, be sure you know what you are actually on about before you post. Please don't tell me your whole argument has been based on feeling the article says Anambra is the sixth poorest state in Nigeria ( a position it apparently shares with Rivers of all states - or did you miss that bit)? Have you actually read the article?

Understand what it is you actually post before you start crying more than the berieved.

While the sources of the data used to analyse the state might be suspect, I am not more inclined to believe you anecdotal 'everyone I know from Anambra is rich' "data" either. Anambra is not just Onitsha and Nnewi. Lagos tends to have comparatively low poverty rates because it is largely an urban state.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by chino11(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
iiiyyyk:

Good response bro. Let the discussion begins. cool
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mimifonwon(f): 10:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: i guess that why ogun is worse than where it was before OBJ became president yet u have the boldness to even put mouth in this discusion , u get mind shaa

See what am saying, aturu like you forget that those states are part of Nigeria, so as a nigerian I have a say in what happens in my homeland. This is the problem with nigeria with people getting tribal about everything. Granted my father is a yorubaman, but my mother is an igbo woman. And as you know in igboland you cannot hurt me, because thats is my mothers land and i can say whatever i want, because i am not an outsider, even if you say i am, am a protected one. If you feel there things needed to be fixed in ogun, okay please name them and make recommendations on how to solve it, dont just talk half hazardously, like someone without sense. Secondly I help my mother with her medical runs every other summer to help better your life, and provide the medical care your governors, nor government have been unable to make available. We visit 10 cities, 4 of which are in igboland, so dont you dare tell me i have no right to comment, i have every right, if not more than you, so sharap there - uza oku di na apko, apko ya nti emechie!! kpacha kwara anya ghi oo!!

2 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
mimifonwon:
oo!!

Are you alh_harem's female alter ego? grin
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mimifonwon(f): 11:05pm On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex:

what rubbish are you yaning abeg, no make i put you in your place too-please i beg you respect yourself.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2012
mimifonwon:
what rubbish are you yaning abeg, no make i put you in your place too-please i beg you respect yourself.

WTF? Why're you getting so emotional?

You don't even want to go there with me, so, just answer the question dammit. grin

You and alh_harem change ethnicity everyday like chameleons - who the fvck are you?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bakila: 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2012
Pukkah: Nigeria is sadly sinking deeper into the mud of tribalism with each passing day. Mr Obi should simply engage Mr El Rufai based on facts and not try to befuddle the matter using tribal sentiments.

Like nairaland like naija people. Na so we be no criticise or analyse me after do you know who am I?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mimifonwon(f): 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex:

WTF? Why're you getting so emotional?

You don't even want to go there with me, so, just answer the question dammit. grin

You and alh_harem change ethnicity everyday like chameleons - who the fvck are you?

wait did i ever introduce myself to you-no, so why the hell you trying to get in my koolaid. I never changed my ethnicity and dont need to. why does it pain people like you that others are so diversified in ethnicity and experiences, abeg if you no get better things to do, go to mainland bridge and seat there and let a car run you over... shi nkita!!!akpala okuku!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
mimifonwon:
wait did i ever introduce myself to you-no, so why the hell you trying to get in my koolaid. I never changed my ethnicity and dont need to. why does it pain people like you that others are so diversified in ethnicity and experiences, abeg if you no get better things to do, go to mainland bridge and seat there and let a car run you over... shi nkita!!!akpala okuku!

Can you speak English, plonker?

About diversified in ethnicity and experiences, when all you ever do with your flat chest is cause trouble everywhere in this bytch.. Save your stupidity for the birds, ok?

As for your curse, and voodoo - since I don't know where the place is, you need to take your own advice, and get run over with your flat chest by the shittest car in Lagos!!

Ashe! cool
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mimifonwon(f): 11:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex:

Can you speak English, plonker?

About diversified in ethnicity and experiences, when all you ever do with your flat chest is cause trouble everywhere in this bytch.. Save your stupidity for the birds, ok?

As for your curse, and voodoo - since I don't know where the place is, you need to take your own advice, and get run over with your flat chest by the shittest car in Lagos!!

Ashe! cool

wait for a sec i thought you were igbo, now that you are yoruba, i bet ọ̀bọ like you can't even read your native tongue, talk of understand it.. here..Àjẹ́gbà ni ti kọ̀ǹkọ̀..hope that will shut u up !!, in all i beg go ya own way make i go mine, lo and who told you i was flat chested, i seeoo, you are confused about your sexuality and you fancy men or shemales, oh well, let me tell you am a full fledged woman with full chest, dont worry about me. And as for me causing trouble, i really dont, i just dont like to deal with fools like you.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
El-Rufai has a point. Governance is not one man business. Utter individualism is archaic shocked. Collectivism is the way forward cool.

Enough noise making. Lets get back to work.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by MrGlobe(m): 11:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Laugh want to kill me hia grin grin
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
mimifonwon:

See what am saying, aturu like you forget that those states are part of Nigeria, so as a nigerian I have a say in what happens in my homeland. This is the problem with nigeria with people getting tribal about everything. Granted my father is a yorubaman, but my mother is an igbo woman. And as you know in igboland you cannot hurt me, because thats is my mothers land and i can say whatever i want, because i am not an outsider, even if you say i am, am a protected one. If you feel there things needed to be fixed in ogun, okay please name them and make recommendations on how to solve it, dont just talk half hazardously, like someone without sense. Secondly [size=18pt]I help my mother with her medical runs every other summer to help better your life, and provide the medical care your governors, nor government have been unable to make available.[/size] We visit 10 cities, 4 of which are in igboland, so dont you dare tell me i have no right to comment, i have every right, if not more than you, so sharap there - uza oku di na apko, apko ya nti emechie!! kpacha kwara anya ghi oo!!

Ouch!!!

LMAO!!!!!

Bashr8, you better thank her before you do "Oliver twist" for her mother's medical donation.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
“It is an insult to the Igbo race to openly or even remotely suggest that any part of Igbo land is the poorest in the country. This negates our resourcefulness and ingenuity as a people.

Obi is such a dumbass. Has he been to Ebonyi? Or other degenerating Igbo region in Nigeria?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
Anambra a rural state? Lmao! El Rufai should stop insulting himself with comments like these, I used to think he was a bit smart but now I know better.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by PHIPEX(m): 12:43am On Jun 11, 2012
Elrufai is just a politcal Jobber, Any one who read Thisday Newspaper today (hardcopy) will find out that Obi was ranked among top 10 best Governors in Nigeria (I can find the online version where all the Governors in Nigeria were accessed). Whoever has been to Anambra will know that his analysis was biased. this is a statement that was published recently by a FG agency

The current unemployment statistics in Nigeria, put at about 19.7% (National Bureau for Statistics, World Bank 2009) is on a high side and unacceptable to the Federal Government. This figure varies between professions, geo-political zones, States and age brackets with as high as 41.6% reported for youth in the 18 to 24 years age bracket (National Bureau for Statistics, World Bank 2009).

State Rate State Rate State Rate
Abia 14.5 Ekiti 20.6 Nasarawa 10.1
Adamawa 29.4 Enugu 14.9 Niger 11.9
AkwaIbom 34.1 Gombe 32.1 Ogun 8.5
Anambra 16.8 Imo 20.8 Ondo 14.9
Bauchi 37.2 Jigawa 26.5 Osun 12.6
Bayelsa 38.4 Kaduna 11.6 Oyo 14.9
Benue 8.5 Kano 27.6 Plateau 7.1
Borno 27.7 Katsina 37.3 Rivers 27.9
Cross River 14.3 Kebbi 12.0 Sokoto 22.4
Delta 18.4 Kogi 19.0 Taraba 26.8
Ebonyi 12.0 Kwara 11.0 Yobe 27.3
Edo 12.2 Lagos 19.5 Zamfara 13.3

The average rate of unemployment worldwide is 14.2% while Nigeria’s rate of unemployment is 19.7%. The country as a whole is above the world average and some States are actually above the National average. According to the table above, fifteen (15) Statesfall within that category.

doyin13: The thing is no one has actually brought any statistics to contradict any of Rufai's.

Quoting accounts on google of Onitsha market or showing the number of applications to NAU or giving anecdotal evidence of whats on ground do not particularly provide a good defence of what Rufai has said. I get good accounts of how wonderful Fashola is doing all the time and think of him as poor at best and scandalous at worst.

I have no problems with highlighting Rufai's mischief if indeed that is what he is up to, but it would be poor form to only address his intentions and not his argument as well.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by jason123: 2:46am On Jun 11, 2012
funny stuffs!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Johndoe100(m): 2:55am On Jun 11, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Obi is such a dumbass. Has he been to Ebonyi? Or other degenerating Igbo region in Nigeria?

What happened, the crack was too cheap? Are you asking if an Ibo governor has visited the other Ibo states? You mean like has the Ogun state governor ever been to Ibadan or Lagos? Stick to sex please.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 11, 2012
Johndoe100:

Are you asking if an Ibo governor has visited the other Ibo states? You mean like has the Ogun state governor ever been to Ibadan or Lagos? .

If he had, then why shouldn't ebonyi be classified as one of the poorest states.
Did any SW politician make the same foolish statement that obi made? That is what happens when we have politicians who do not understand the extend their people are suffering. EX: Orji and his keke napep empowerment.

I see that you've stuck to getting it from the back. Enjoy, my son.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by 9javoice1(m): 4:55am On Jun 11, 2012
@ABAGWORO
I'm from Imo and they said my State is the most unfriendly and I accepted it. What's the next move? We work towards making things easy for prospective investors and not argue. I know it might be a biased statistics but it should be a wake up call for our SE Governors

Mr.Abagworo i can see you don't know the lines between truth, insults and dirty politics.
Howmany times has that dirty Aboki man accepted the evils of his bros up north, Is he not trying to link it to PDP,
Even as is clear that his people are blood thirsty dogs.

Is it not clear that the core north can not do unless they play religious and tribal card.
Is that not the only way they gather their people into one union of evil.

If there is anyone to tell Nigerians the truth do you think EL Rufai is the one?
To El Rufai do you think there's anything wrong with the North?
Comparing east and core north is an insult to us in the east.
can the dirty elrufai defend his action during his service as FCT governor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Navy Launches Operation To Secure Niger-Delta / Looter Tithes’ Comment: Bello Apologises To Catholic Bishops / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Is Not A Democrat, He Prepared My Detention Under Decree 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.