Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,783 members, 7,955,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:51 PM

El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi (23425 Views)

You’re The Greatest Enemy Of Igbo Race – Okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by drzed: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:
Let's assume El-Rufai was dead wrong. What do you consider an appropriate response? A brilliant chap would have deconstructed El-Rufai article facts for facts, logic for logic not resorting to tribal sentiments.

Well done Bayoooooooooooooo. Lets all be objective for crying out loud.
Meanwhile, how many o's dey for your name sef? Anyway, I dashed you a few extra o's sha on account of your brilliant comment grin
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
We continue our budgetary analysis with the South-eastern state of Anambra, with a view to analyse how the state’s budget plans to address development challenges within the state. The state is bounded by Delta to the West, Imo to the South, Enugu to the East, and Kogi to the North. It has a total land mass of 4,416 sq km, situated on the eastern side of the River Niger and has 21 local government areas. Its major towns are Awka, its capital city, the commercial town of Onitsha, and the industrial city of Nnewi. Anambra has a population of 4.2 million and is the nineth most populous nationwide. Most of Anambra’s population is rural. However, as is with every major state, rural-urban migration poses serious burdens for the state’s resources. This pressure is evident in Onitsha where amenities like decent housing, potable water and electricity are in short supply.

Old Anambra State was created in 1976 from part of the East-central state, and its capital was Enugu. Following further state creation in 1991, it was divided into two new states, Anambra and Enugu. Anambra now has its capital in Awka. Governor Peter Obi of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) resumed office in March 2006, after the removal of Dr. Chris Ngige by a Court of Appeal judgment in Enugu which ruled that Ngige’s election in 2003 was defective. Obi was impeached in November 2006, but was reinstated in February 2007 after the impeachment was overturned. Although a fresh election was held in April 2007, he returned to office in June 2007 after a court ruling decided that he should be allowed to complete his four-year term. He was re-elected for a second term in 6 February 2010.

Obi has a BA degree in Philosophy from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (1984) and enjoys the title of being the youngest Chairman of Fidelity Bank. Considering Obi’s career achievements, and the fact that he has been to the Supreme Court successfully three times to reclaim his electoral mandate, the people had high hopes that he would improve on the stellar performance of Ngige, sadly, this has not been the case, as his administration has seen increasing crime rate, infrastructure deficits, a number of strikes over minimum wage, higher tax burdens, and exodus of elite, among other challenges.

Unemployment rate in Anambra is among the highest in the South-east zone, at 21.3 per cent, it is higher than the national average of 21.1 per cent. Imo’s unemployment rate is 29.9 per cent and Enugu is 15 per cent. The state has tried to reduce unemployment through its Anambra Integrated Development Strategy (ANIDS) and the Anambra Youth Reorientation and Empowerment Program (ANSYREP), but the problem with these programmes is that they contribute very little to the production base of the state.

The incidence of poverty in the state is very high – actually disappointing. The South-east has a food poor incidence of 41.0 per cent of which 60.9 per cent is absolutely poor, while 66.5 per cent is relatively poor and 56.8 per cent live under a dollar a day. Anambra has a poverty index of 22.8 per cent, the third highest in the zone, and shares the sixth lowest position in Nigeria with Rivers State which also has 22.8 per cent. About 47.6 per cent of the state’s population is core poor, 45.0 per cent is moderately poor and only 7.4 per cent of the state’s population is classified as none poor. Income inequality as measured by changes in Gini co-efficient between 2003 and 2010 increased slightly by 7.6 per cent as against 18.1 per cent for Ebonyi and Enugu States 7.5 per cent increase.

The people of Anambra State are known to be brilliant, enterprising and resourceful. Most of Nigera's brightest professors, writers, public servants and politicians hailed from the state. One would expect that given this enterprising spirit, the state would create conditions conducive to innovation, business and development. This is not the case, out of the five South-eastern states, Anambra has the fourth lowest ranking for ease of doing business; it was at a distant 35th position out of the 36 states and FCT in 2010. Starting a business involves nine procedures that may span 39 days. Enugu with the best doing business ranking in the zone, takes the 30th position of the 36 states, while Imo is ranked 36, as the most difficult state to do business both in the South-east and nationally.

Anambra State is not much endowed with mineral resources and the few known to exist are not exploited. For example, Tungsten at Oba, and large deposits of lignite in Onitsha, Idemili, and Nnewi councils are yet to be exploited. Kaolin is mined in the Ukpor lhembosi axis for the ceramic industry at Umuahia in Abia State; while the deposits at Afuleri are not exploited. Sandstones of Ameke Formation are quarried in several places, particularly at Abagana and Nsugbe for construction purposes. Natural gas has been discovered at Ebenebe Ridge, southeast of Ebenebe town, and preliminary prospecting indicates that crude oil exists in commercial quantities in the state. Cash crops in the state include coco yam, cassava, rice, maize and oil palm.

The 2012 budget for the state is N82.5 billion as against N66.9 billion in 2011, representing a 23.2 per cent increase. N46.8 billion (57%) is apportioned for capital expenditure, and N35.7 billion (43%) is for recurrent expenditure. Analysing the recurrent budget further, N9.2 billion or (26%) is set aside for Consolidated Revenue Fund Charges, N16.3 billion (45%) for personnel costs, N7.4 billion (21%) for overhead costs and N2.8 billion (8%) as subvention to parastatals/ tertiary institutions. Anambra’s total IGR for 2012 is projected at N12 billion, the same figure as was projected in 2011. This means, while its expenditure has increased, the state has not enhanced its capacity to collect or expand its tax base.

The two major contributors to IGR in 2012 will be N6.7 billion from taxes and about N4 billion from fines and fees. If this IGR is measured against the states projected personnel costs of N16.3 billion, Anambra cannot pay its staff salaries without reliance on federal allocation; this means it is one of those ‘dependent’ states and is not economically viable for independent existence.
The 2012 budget will be funded by projected capital receipts of N47 billion, N12 billion as IGR and N36 billion as FAAC allocations, bringing total revenues to N95 billion, out of which N12.3 billion would be transferred to Capital Development Fund. In sectoral terms, N28.2 billion (34.2%) is allocated to the economic sector, N24.2 billion (29.4%) to the social sector, N9.7 billion (11.82%) for the environmental sector and N20.2 billion (24.52%) for general administration.

The education sub sector is allocated N10.99 billion. The state has a longstanding reputation of being an educationally advanced state: it has at least nine institutions of higher learning, its literacy rate is comparatively high, in a 2010 NBS literacy survey, youth literacy in the state was said to be 92.9 per cent and adult literacy at 74.0%. However, compared to its South-east neighbours, the state has the third lowest adult literacy amongst the five states, Abia has 78.2 per cent, Imo 80.8 per cent, Enugu with 64.6 per cent and Ebonyi with 69.8 per cent. This means that in education terms, Anambra is performing poorer than most other states in its region. From this regional perspective, it means investment in education urgently needs attention and ought to be ramped up.

A meagre N1.4 billion is budgeted for health, and considering that health should be the core focus of any state government, this amount is barely adequate. From this sum, it is evident that the government has misplaced priorities, apportioning only 1.7 per cent of the entire budget to a sector that directly affects the livelihood of all of its populace.

Another major problem of the state is roads and soil erosion. In a bid to tackle this, the government apportioned N10 billion to continue the construction of several intra-state highways and bridges, targeting the completion of about 100km of roads this fiscal year. However, only N1.696 billion is allocated for drainage, erosion control and sewerage. This we believe would not address the challenges in that area.
Water supply which also is a major problem will get only N800 millio: of this sum, it is hoped that expansion works on major water schemes would be carried out, and new ones built. This sum is little, and may not amount to much improvement in water supply in the state.

Agriculture is apportioned N1.4 billion, an evidence of misplaced priorities: with figures like these, it is no surprise that unemployment in the state is high. How can a state government allocate only 1.7 per cent of its entire budget to agriculture in a rural state? Unemployment can be tackled effectively with agriculture if the value chain challenges in food and cash crops production are tackled.
The housing sub sector will get N1.8 billion, the government plans to partner the private sector in providing more residential accommodation, a core focus will be on completing all existing projects. This is commendable.

What is clear from this analysis is that the state like most states of the federation is not allocating funds to adequately address the key social challenges that confront its people. It should slim down the size and cost if its government, learn to prioritise its budget allocations, expand its revenue base from taxes by attracting Federal Government and private sector participation in mineral exploration, improve its business climate by easing the starting and running of a business.

The state like other South-east states must address the security challenges arising from violent crimes and kidnapping that has scared the elite and investors from the state. The state should leverage its human resources by refocusing the priorities of government on SME and industrial development, investing in infrastructure, agriculture and human capital. It needs to capitalise on the enterprising nature of its people by tackling unemployment, poverty and infrastructure deficits. Until that time, it will remain a state with big prospects and very little growth.

How this is an insult to Igbo is beyond my understanding.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by oldlord(m): 3:13pm On Jun 10, 2012
Agreed, Anambra or South eastern state are d worth unfriendly state to do business. @poster may be u should try Borno Yobe Buachi or those northarn state. Fools! No state in the entire North can be used to compare Anambra state in terms of Education. El rufai is a noise maker and attention seeker
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Chyz2: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
Obi has to be the most embarrassing SE governor out. I have never seen any governor in the whole of nigeria kiss as much federal azz as Obi, Jonathan's azz in particular. Its sad how he tries to use his people(Ndigbo)as a defense mechanism against facts that he can't dispute. How lame.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Chyz2: 3:16pm On Jun 10, 2012
[size=13pt]El Rufai On Anambra Budget: A Follow Up[/size]

Published on Sunday, 10 June 2012 00:52

Written by Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba

I have read Mr. El Rufai's analysis of the 2012 Anambra state budget just as I have read most of his other states' analysis. I must admit that I agree with the thesis of his analysis. Many states have put emphasis where it can only be characterized as misplaced. Anambra is probably another one of those states. I am surprised that this state

comes in where statistics have placed it, much below expectations. But upon a second thought I see how that would be so. I am also surprised by attitude that only Anambra people should comment on Anambra budget. I will now join Mr. El Rufai in interfering in Anambra's domestic affairs. If the issue is economics I have a reputation for this interference. I have interfered in India's, China's, British, Lagos's and other states economic policies. I feel I have a right to analyze public policy any where. When I am arrested and sentenced for domestic interference I will do the time. My approach to Mr. El Rufai's position is to support it and then based on my intimate knowledge of Anambra to try to explain why things are as they are.

High Poverty Level in Anambra: I was surprised by this statistics, but it is easy to see how this would be:

1. Anambra has one of the poorest farm lands in the nation. It also has the least of the land mass compared to the population. Any piece of land is bound to be over used. As the land is used over and over again the yield becomes less and less. When the land is also overwhelmed by erosion (which is related to land over use) the disaster is expected. This state will in the foreseeable future be agriculture and food production poor. This is true of Anambra and Imo.

2. Another reason for the state's poverty can be explained by the fact that a good portion of its wealth is not visible in the over the table business activity but in what I would describe as underworld economy. Anambra indigenes are scattered around Nigeria and the world. These sons and daughters of Anambra pursue their economic activities outside Anambra and generally remit huge sums of money to their parents and relatives back home. These remittances are not often reflected in above ground economics. What I am trying to prove is while the rational economics might indicate poverty the living standards of Anambra is likely to be one of the highest of any Nigerian state. A way to measure this is by observing the residences of the old men and women still in the state. An observer would see expansive residences barely occupied or usually occupied by people with out visible income (the income is from remittances from abroad).

3. The third surprising statistic is on adult education. I make bold to say that Anambra, Imo and Ekiti would record the highest percentage of educated Nigerians. But these state numbers are not reflected in the numbers Mr. El Rufai sited. They are not reflected because the educated invariably migrate to Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, USA and any place under the sun. When we talk of the high presence of Igbo in other states and countries, what is being discussed is really about Anambra and Imo (and Ekiti). They are the people who live in any place but in their place of birth. So the gains of Enugu are the losses of Anambra. Anambra's greatest challenge is emigration. Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to reverse because of item 2 above. Little agricultural land and low agricultural production. "Man must wack."

4. Anambra was fingered as a high crime area due to kidnapping. Mr. El Rufai suggests that this has made investment much more difficult. There is possibly a connection, but I doubt that it has as much impact as suggested. There is no doubt that it has not helped. One reason for this crime rate has to do with what I alluded to in item 3: high emigration rate. One is tempted to believe that the young people who now leave in Anambra are those still trapped in the state. They are people who are waiting for their brothers, uncles, sisters, etc. to make it elsewhere and to come back to fetch them. It is a uniquely Anambra propensity. They are the most family oriented people in the nation. An Anambra man/woman goes to Lagos as a trader, the moment he needs an assistant he would be back in Nnewi to take his younger brother or sister and this will continue until all his siblings, their cousins, etc. have been whisked out of Nnewi. Those who have not been able to escape; unable to farm; unable to start their own business; but would want to be like the rest of their countrymen are attracted to crime.

5. To put all the above points together we have a state that has a highly educated population that have left the state (brain drain); a state that has a highly enterprising population that has pursued their ambition elsewhere (economic and capital drain); a state that has billions of dollars/naira coming into the state but is not felt in the economic reports (underground economy). It is a coming together of strange things to the detriment of Anambra.

6. There is a point that El Rufai made that I strongly disagree with and this is his assessment of Mr. Obi's governance performance. Mr. Obi has performed admirably given his circumstance. When Mr. El Rufai praises Mr. Ngige's "stellar performance" and makes Mr. Obi look as if he is under performing he fails to place the blame where it belongs. Mr. Ngige and the PDP have full responsibility for Mr. Obi's performance or rather the lack thereof. Mr. Obi spent 3 years fighting Mr. Ngige's usurpation of Anambra government and when he won he immediately faced a House that is 100% PDP. He did not have an APGA member in the House. The result was that even getting a budget through was for the most part impossible or loaded with all kinds of handicaps. Where in the world has an executive faced such unwelcome challenge? Once sworn in he faced impeachment after impeachment threat. He hardly had any time to become the governor. After a mere one year he had to deal with election and he went back to court to re-earn his terms. Mr. Obi has been in court for more times than any repeat offender that I know. Just to be able to govern. I rate Mr. Obi as belonging to the top tier of performing governors. His fellow governors think the same which explains why he is always elected to the executive position among his peers.

Mr. El Rufai points to areas where more attention should be directed. I completely agree with his points. Agriculture should be the number one priority of any state and Federal Government in Nigeria. You must feed the people before you can get anything accomplished. A hungry man is an angry man. A state cannot rely on handouts, be it from the federal government or other wise. Internally generated funds (IGF) must be the focus of every state government. For it is with IGF that the liberty to pursue any agenda that the state wants originates. It is in pursuit of INF that unemployment would be best tackled. Agriculture is a mass employer, exploiting natural resources would bring jobs to the state and generate funds, small scale industries such as bicycle manufacturing, for example, could be started with smaller capital than most major industrial manufacturing. There are many crafts that are ingenious to Anambra that have been allowed to die off such as carving but which would attract significant markets.

With jobs available at home the major challenge of emigration would be curtailed and Anambra might start to regain its losses.

Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba

Boston, Massachusetts

June 9, 2012

http://www.elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/11386-el-rufai-on-anambra-budget-a-follow-up
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr. El Rufai points to areas where more attention should be directed. I completely agree with his points. Agriculture should be the number one priority of any state and Federal Government in Nigeria. You must feed the people before you can get anything accomplished. A hungry man is an angry man. A state cannot rely on handouts, be it from the federal government or other wise. Internally generated funds (IGF) must be the focus of every state government. For it is with IGF that the liberty to pursue any agenda that the state wants originates. It is in pursuit of INF that unemployment would be best tackled. Agriculture is a mass employer, exploiting natural resources would bring jobs to the state and generate funds, small scale industries such as bicycle manufacturing, for example, could be started with smaller capital than most major industrial manufacturing. There are many crafts that are ingenious to Anambra that have been allowed to die off such as carving but which would attract significant markets.

That's a good one.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
Let the truth be told,Obi is not doing anything in Anambra,I am from Ananmbra and I should know. I don't really care much for elrufai but he got it right this time,People are surviving by sheer will power not because The Government lent them helping hand. It would have been better than it is now if the Anambra government has done its work.As a matter of fact,Obi set the state 20 yrs back
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
one.east:
Imagine calling the economic hub of the SE, rural state. It can only come from political jobbers like elrufai who are seeking attention. Knowing that its by insulting the most important SE state that he came achieve celebrity status. All these mudslinging by Elrufai is borne out of the fact that [size=18pt]GEJ is secretly planning to hand over to Obi in 2015.[/size]

Obi is expected to decamp to PDP any moment from now to perfect the 2015 race. The north has been shook to its foundation over the plan by GEJ to annoint Obi for 2015 race, so they have decided to throw jabs to Obi via Elrifai to poison the minds of Anambrans and SE at large.

Obi knew about it that is why, his first response was that it was an insult on ndigbo. He could have responded in other-words, but he knew the grounds upon which Elrufai has been recruited to attack his political life.

2015 race has since begun so umunne mu watch out and don't be deceived by arm-chair critics.

Some of you guys are very funny indeed.. grin

Secretly planning to hand over to a worthless and useless governor, like the country belongs to them, you know cheesy. GEJ has no power to hand over to no one - he got there because certain people wanted him there, and I doubt GEJ would even be there in 2015 to hand over to anyone.

Get your head out of your arse, and smell the coffee.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr. Globe:

As simple as that... Why is nobody attacking akpabio, fashola and chime? Because they are putting in work. I just wonder why some of these folks who think like terrorists are igbos. The governor is looting the peoples money. Somebody calls him out and instead of responding with facts stating otherwise he wants to use same people he is looting sadistically to cover up. Peter Obi is a lameduck

I have always known you are a big fool; Can you prove how Obi is looting Anambra state money? Can you bring a profe from opposition party? Have you been to Anambra ? Can you give account of the development this man has brought to Anambra? The only ppl downgrading Peter Obi are not Anambrarians! El-rufai is slowpoke...
He knows nothing about Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by sunjetg: 3:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
In as much as I agree with El-Rufai on most issues he raised ,I still refuse to be swayed.I dont wish to join issues here but I think this man lacks the morals to x-ray other people's deficiencies...He would'nt do better than Obi(Obi is not my fan though) and I take this article and series of such articles from him to be mere political gimmicks.He should try some other tricks joor!!!!

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by drzed: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:

How this is an insult to Igbo is beyond my understanding.

Mr. Bayooooo, many Nigerians dont understand (or appreciate) constructive criticism and hence resort to cries of tribalism every time some one points to an issue that affects them. It is funny too that Peter Obi is now dragging the entire Igbo into the fray (hmmm, I wonder why) when it is his state (Anambra) he should be defending, if at all the state was wronged by El-Rufai's analysis. Its like Fashola calling a criticism of his state's budget an insult on Yorubas. Haba! Why do our leaders ALWAYS use tribe to divide us and divert issues?

The man (El-Rufai) quoted figures and stated facts, many of which are actually in Anambra's favour (for those of you havent read his analysis). It is actually pathetic that both Peter Obi (and his supporters) have found nothing but tribalism in El-Rufai's assessement. I am waiting to see if any of those condemning El-Rufai can help us dissect his facts/figures and prove them to be untrue. How hard can that be?

No sentiment, just disprove his analysis and we shall join you in hammering him. Simple.

Someone, presumably an Anambra indigene has appraised El-Rufai's analysis: (El Rufai On Anambra Budget: A Follow Up by Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba). Benjamin Obiajulu's re-joinder is a recommended reading for anyone who is too lazy to read El-Rufai's original analysis.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by oldlord(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
internet warrios. Nairaland is full of them. But i have not heard any where were Nairaland comment was used as reference. do u knw why, becose all faceless people here have represent naija true color: neva take blame or accept wrong but push the ball to next person
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by ow11(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
Why didn't he say El-Rufai insulted him or his governance. How does a critique of his mal-administration equate to all Igbos? undecided I am guessing because he believes the average bigot would queue behind him and forget that he is actually a poor administrator that has been unable to make Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka a choice destination to Nigerians.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
NRI PRIEST:
I have always known you are a big fool; Can you prove how Obi is looting Anambra state money? Can you bring a profe from opposition party? Have you been to Anambra ? Can you give account of the development this man has brought to Anambra? The only ppl downgrading Peter Obi are not Anambrarians! El-rufai is slowpoke...

But how did an objective analysis became an insult to the Igbo race?

Is Anambra the only Igbo state in Nigeria?

Why are you guys like that?

It's just funny how you turn every critique into a tribal issue - even if it's objective smh...

You guys have to be the most sensitive and effeminate people ever.

Always moaning like a woman on her period - go get tampoons, and fix up. undecided

2 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: elrufai is crazy iwonder who is feeding him with such stupid statements, he should go and see un, napep and cbn ranking of anambra, anambra retains its position in top five best states all round, both literact ,employment,quality of life etc. its obvious he is a troll he is just trying to discredit APGA

Nwanne,fourth best not fifth....The international community has applauded the governor for his prudent funds management of the state....Anambra is the least poorest state in the whole of Nigeria...Peter has excelled in health,agriculture,transportation, roads and housing,education,power and every single department of governance...He has created thousands of jobs for our unemployed youths. Anybody who dare criticizes this man is simply jealous and intimidated.....I wonder why he is in the economic team of the presidency. Peter is a cult figure in Igboland!!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by drzed: 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
ow11: Why didn't he say El-Rufai insulted him or his governance. How does a critique of his mal-administration equate to all Igbos? undecided I am guessing because he believes the average bigot would queue behind him and forget that he is actually a poor administrator that has been unable to make Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka a choice destination to Nigerians.

Exactly. Why drag the entire Igbo race into an argument about a state's budget? Unless he wants to distract attention, of course.
Most of our leaders think we are simpletons, and many of us are obliging them with our attitude.

Truth does not have tribal marks or accent! I am not saying what E-Rufai has said is the absolute truth. But we need counter arguments (facts and figures) before we can judge.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by tonmandy(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2012
Oga el rufai has said nothing but d truth. Truth dey say,hurts. No good anambrarian will support obi. Obi is stil a boy.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by extension: 3:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
There is nothing in that statement showing igbos are being disrespected by el-rufai. Instead of making amend of what he said ,obi is talking about insult.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: This El Rufai direct attack on Obi may be all the proof we need to conclude that the PDP may well field Obi as a presidential candidate in 2015. I've heard the rumor severally but it looks too "blindsiding" to be true. When you consider that APGA recently severally turned down invitations from other opposition parties, the math starts to add up!
El Rufai is only doing a hatchet job here. lol
Obi may not be the best Anambra can produce as a governor, but only trolls will call him a failure.

Watch out folks! The Nigerian toads never jump around in broad day for nothing. cheesy

Dude get your facts right. Yes, its known to all and sundry that you're an unredeemable tribalist, but calm down and stop foaming at the mouth for a quick minute. El-Rufai commented on Various states, not just Anambra.

Gosh, you sickos give me a freaking headache!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

Nwanne,fourth best not fifth....The international community has applauded the governor for his prudent funds management of the state....Anambra is the least poorest state in the whole of Nigeria...Peter has excelled in health,agriculture,transportation, roads and housing,education,power and every single department of governance...He has created thousands of jobs for our unemployed youths. Anybody who dare criticizes this man is simply jealous and intimidated.....I wonder why he is in the economic team of the presidency. Peter is a cult figure in Igboland!!

See the bolded? I almost believed you until I read that. Nigeria has an Economic Team and yet theres no solution in how to solve its high unemployment level, Surging poverty and endemic Corruption?! Yeah, this Obi character truly does sound like a "cult figure".
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex:

But how did an objective analysis became an insult to the Igbo race?

Is Anambra the only Igbo state in Nigeria?

Why are you guys like that?

It's just funny how you turn every critique into a tribal issue - even if it's objective smh...

You guys have to be the most sensitive and effeminate people ever.

Always moaning like a woman on her period - go get tampoons, and fix up. undecided

Anambra is like the face of Ndigbo and Rufai knows that Peter is a force in Igboland and can influence Igbo voter,hence Rufai moves to discredit him and thereby making Igbo voter to not trust him...Rufai knows what he is doing...He dont know anything about Anambra state....He doexnt know the amount of infrastructure Peter Obi has brought to the state...Peter Obi is the man that united all the Igbos behind GEJ.... You see why Rufai wants to bring Obi and Anambra down.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by MrGlobe(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
ZUBY77: Mr Peter Obi, i dont feel slightly insulted in anyway. Dont link the real state of your domain to the Igbo people.
thank you for this comment. We igbos should always be truthful to ourselves. If anything, Peter Obi is the one insulting the igbo race and all those saying visit the state are simply foolish. I have not visited akwa ibom and enugu (since chime took over) to know they are performing. Peter Obi is a fraud! El Rufai is on point here!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Geeweeny(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
Gbawe:

Indeed. In fact the main problem with EL Rufai is that he is far above his peers in regards to a constant desire to 'raise the bar' by deploying a holistic, methodical and analytical approach to politics and Nation building. The truth is that very few Nigerian politicians analyse issues minutely and intelligently as El Rufai does. Mind you, that does not mean he is always right or that he is a saint.
Hehehe lafin in ibibio el rufai inteligent,only a dummy wud said so,pls tel me 1 tn dz guy av dne ryt or achvd in his field of study,nt 2 b in d press evry 12hrs if na so dm dy judge inteligence dn mk i trn poltcl crtic.smh
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by tonmandy(m): 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
NRI PRIEST:

u talk thrash
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Diligence: 3:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hey guz, governorship elections in Anambra is pretty soon. El Rufy just joined ACN and ACN has eyes on Awka seat. If Ngige had continued wld situatns in and around the state have been improved, methinks a big YES. Orient Petroleum is somewhat slow in commencg operations (behind schedule). Anambra can't boast of an airport; to travel to my home town i hv to start calculatg which nearby airport is closer (Imo, Enugu and recently Asaba), can u imagine askg the internet to calculate kilometres for me? We are so blessed, but as regards governance, we are so so wretched! What happened to the international cargo/passenger airport FG has given approval after due diligence had been long concluded? We need a governor with politcal will to govern Anambra state.

For me, any constructive criticism that wld wake a sleepg giant like Anambra is very very much welcomed! Umunnem oge elugo!

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by sallybonne(f): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
I will talk on behalf of wat I know,to peter obi if el-rufai say ur nt doing well and manages to bring number and facts d least u can do is show him wat ur doing as a governor wit ur own facts, as for me I started puting intrest in el-rufai wen he gave a speech abi talk @ igbinedion uni and d uproar it caused, did he insult anybody no, wen called to d senate he answere and gave dem facts dts wat obi shd b doing nt diverting the talk according to the topic posted and say mallam was insulting th ibo race so if they say ur state is nt doing well abi ur nt doing anytin it nw means they are insulting d ibo race is anambra d seat of power of d ibo nation or is it d caliphate of ibo nation, abeg ppl shd stop mind demselves wen dey mk statements,mallam is known 4 trowing jabs and punches to vulnerable ppl to expose their vulnerability, which is wat jst happend obi turned it to a tribal tin. Obi u claim to b intelligent banker if he criticizes ur state and u 4 nt doing anytin u dig deep and tell him wat he did wrong wit FCT as a minister, nt looking 4 pity.he trows a punch u trow urs,bt let it b constructive too. @ all ignore d typo was in a hurry and typing 4rm a fone.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2012
Mr. Globe:

somtimes, I wonder who made you an eze on this NL.. Where was I then? You are a disgrace to the igbo race! For you to think a docile governor like obi will be given a presidential ticket shows how mentally deficient you are. Obi is a failure and every Anambrarian knows that. El Rufai said what everybody already knows. He may goof sometimes but he is correct here. Obi has dragged the state to backwardness and its not that hard to see. You may not know about his obsession with buying houses in Abuja or massive corruption. And note that you have not contributed any meaningful thing to the igbo race on NL with this your 'office'. I will never allow a fan of backwardness lead me!
Lol Onlytruth is a dunce, don't even bother yourself with him.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by malc619(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
drzed:

Mr. Bayooooo, many Nigerians dont understand (or appreciate) constructive criticism and hence resort to cries of tribalism every time some one points to an issue that affects them. It is funny too that Peter Obi is now dragging the entire Igbo into the fray (hmmm, I wonder why) when it is his state (Anambra) he should be defending, if at all the state was wronged by El-Rufai's analysis. Its like Fashola calling a criticism of his state's budget an insult on Yorubas. Haba! Why do our leaders ALWAYS use tribe to divide us and divert issues?

The man (El-Rufai) quoted figures and stated facts, many of which are actually in Anambra's favour (for those of you havent read his analysis). It is actually pathetic that both Peter Obi (and his supporters) have found nothing but tribalism in El-Rufai's assessement. I am waiting to see if any of those condemning El-Rufai can help us dissect his facts/figures and prove them to be untrue. How hard can that be?

No sentiment, just disprove his analysis and we shall join you in hammering him. Simple.

Someone, presumably an Anambra indigene has appraised El-Rufai's analysis: (El Rufai On Anambra Budget: A Follow Up by Benjamin Obiajulu Aduba). Benjamin Obiajulu's re-joinder is a recommended reading for anyone who is too lazy to read El-Rufai's original analysis.

Some Ibos enjoy "playing the victim"..... Maybe an aftermath of the a s s whooping they received during the Civil War..

They believe everyone else ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅$ trying to victimise and oppress them...
Anyone who calls El-Rufai's write-up an insult to the Ibo race is just an intellectual dwarf who lacks the brain-power to stand up to El-Rufai's intellect.

If they like some silly Ibos should keep "playing the victim", instead of tasking their sleeping governor to wake up....
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:57pm On Jun 10, 2012
I highly respect Peter Obi not because of the selfless service he has brought Anambra and Igboland but because of his prestige and integrity! Tell me one thing this man has done wrong and bring your facts to prove it! He has said cathegorically that he will quit politic after his tenure as governor and I believe him cause he is a decent man...He doesnt speak from both side of his mouth like ppl like Fashola.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:04pm On Jun 10, 2012
malc619:

Some Ibos enjoy "playing the victim"..... Maybe an aftermath of the a s s whooping they received during the Civil War..

They believe everyone else ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅$ trying to victimise and oppress them...
Anyone who calls El-Rufai's write-up an insult to the Ibo race is just an intellectual dwarf who lacks the brain-power to stand up to El-Rufai's intellect.

If they like some silly Ibos should keep "playing the victim", instead of tasking their sleeping governor to wake up....

You are a smelly pig; If you wanna sound civil we can talk but if you come here and start speaking from your ass...Did you say El rufai intellect?? A man who cant comport himself in a civilived manner...always talking out of character and even called GEJ a member of Boko HAREM....He will soon end up like buhari!!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2012
NRI PRIEST:
Anambra is like the face of Ndigbo and Rufai knows that Peter is a force in Igboland and can influence Igbo voter,hence Rufai moves to discredit him and thereby making Igbo voter to not trust him...Rufai knows what he is doing...He dont know anything about Anambra state....He doexnt know the amount of infrastructure Peter Obi has brought to the state...Peter Obi is the man that united all the Igbos behind GEJ.... You see why Rufai wants to bring Obi and Anambra down.

Have you seen the article, and done a critical analysis (without tribal sentiments) of it - against the facts on the ground?

All I keep hearing is that; Obi is this, Obi is that - yet most Igbo posters on NL have been critiquing the same governor since the first day I registered on NL - except you, Chino11, and Onlytruth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Maryam Yaro (Sanusi's Alleged Girlfriend) Is A CBN Consultant / Osinbajo Arrives Rivers State, Received By Governor Wike (Pics) / El-zakzaky: India’s Shi’ites To Bear Cost Of IMN Leader’s Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.