Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi (23140 Views)

You’re The Greatest Enemy Of Igbo Race – Okorocha Blasts Uwazuruike / Show Fort Thy Leaders (an Open Letter To The Igbo Race) By Esomnofu Arinze / Okorocha Is Messiah For Igbo Race-Nkiru Sylvanus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Afam4eva(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
I'll be back to comment on the waging war between my Igbo brethren. Make una take am easy.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Ejine(m): 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: did you say we have to migrate to make it ? you people are so stupid , yet anambra is the most populated state in the south east and apart from lagos ,kano and rivers no other state in nigeria hav a clearly higher population than anambra ,i guess all those people are ghost , meanwhile how can [size=18pt]a state with the largest trade centre in the world[/size] and nnewi the most industrilized town in nigeria after lagos ,ph and aba have its people migrate before they make it does that make sense to ur stupid brain. elrufai plan to discredit APGA will not work .

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by doyin13(m): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2012
Lol. . Its such a big shame what nairaland has turned into.

A man criticises some aspects of a budget and its blatantly circumvented into a tribal argument, yet some defend the Governor rabidly.

It is very clear the defenders of Obi have not read Rufai's article or else they will not be posting admission info for universities in their state. Rufai already admitted the state is very proficient academically.

To be honest, I really don't care for this kind of state by state analysis and do not see much value in it. The whole country is chronically mismanaged and government of any kind, ilk or from any place is highly inadequate and they do far too little or are not in the place to do anything.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SisiKill1: 8:25pm On Jun 10, 2012
bestview: This is Abeokuta the poorest and most backward cave city in yoroobaland grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

These pictures you are posting aren't clear enough oh! All we see is the roofs. . .I know a website where you can get close up pictures of the thatched homes with grass roofs, I believe you will also find pictures of the bad roads and over flowing latrines. Lemme get you the link.

Now, Now, you don't need to thank me. . .I understand why you have to post these pictures. After all the more bad pictures of other states you post, the better Anambra gets. I dare say by the time you are done posting all the pictures on the website, Anambra will be the second Paris, complete with the Eiffel tower and all.

Carry on boyo! cheesy cheesy
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mbulela: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
one.east:

You are out of your mind to call Anambra a rural state. FYI: Anambra is the 3rd largest developed state after lagos and Rivers states. Go figure anu mpama
I will not stoop to your low level.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ejiné:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

THE Onitsha Market in Anambra State has been described as the busiest and biggest market in the world by an American firm.
The representatives of Carlton Company, who were in the city to interact with their customers
, spoke yesterday. http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/25183-%E2%80%98onitsha-biggest-market-worldwide%E2%80%99.html

Onitsha City in Anambra State is the 5th fastest growing city in the world. It is the biggest market in West Africa, the economic nerve center of Nigeria and the gateway to Eastern Nigeria (UN Habitat, 2009). Due to its rapid pace of growth and its projected growth rate, it is experiencing tremendous transportation challenges.

Today, Onitsha is a modern day urban society, the people speak Igbo and English languages. There is a catholic cathedral, Anglican cathedral and it is the headquarters of so may church organizations and sociocultural groups. A federal government college is situated in the town. There is an army barrack, a school of metallurgy, and it is the home of the biggest market in the whole of Africa, the Onitsha Main Market.

In southern Nigeria lays the bulging shops of the Onitsha market. Known as the world's biggest market, the shops are not empty. Goods stacked six feet high tower in the aisles as eager customers snatch up the products. Overworked salespeople try to keep up with the buying onslaught. Nearly 3 million people go to the Onitsha market daily to buy products such as rice, soap, construction equipment and computers. 

http://www.tnj.com/news/african-and-caribbean/hope-economic-growth-rises-continent-africa

if u need more proof google is your friend or suggest to us a bigger market you know of
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by doyin13(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
These pictures you are posting aren't clear enough oh! All we see is the roofs. . .I know a website where you can get close up pictures of the thatched homes with grass roofs, I believe you will also find pictures of the bad roads and over flowing latrines. Lemme get you the link.

Now, Now, you don't need to thank me. . .I understand why you have to post these pictures. After all the more bad pictures of other states you post, the better Anambra gets. I dare say by the time you are done posting all the pictures on the website, Anambra will be the second Paris, complete with the Eiffel tower and all.

Carry on boyo! cheesy cheesy

Is that you ? shocked shocked shocked
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by mbulela: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
doyin13:

To be honest, I really don't care for this kind of state by state analysis and do not see much value in it. The whole country is chronically mismanaged and government of any kind, ilk or from any place is highly inadequate and they do far too little or are not in the place to do anything.

there is a contradiction in your post.
The mismanagement you allude to in the latter can only be addressed in small phases when we begin to address little matters like the former.
This budgetary analysis can be a stepping stone and a basis for issue oriented criticism and not person bashing or rhetoric.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Abagworo(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: i dont know what they do in imo but anambra is still a major cash crop producer especially yam , fish , poultry ,cocoa yam , palm oil ,cassava etc.stop this ignorance ,there are so many empty lands all over the southeast even in imo , the whole okigwe axis is oficially empty , south east governors have been begging you people to come and get free land for farming plus free equipments but no u prefer to run away and then come to nairaland to cry about how nobody is farming because of no land , i officially declare u a dummy an who told ur pathetic life that 4 million people that reside in anambra are from anambra? i bet u dont know that almost a quater of onitsha residents alone are from imo ,plus massive population of northerners and ijaw ,ibibio and igbo communities , ur begining to diusgust me

I dey laugh at your ignorance. It is always better to use facts than insinuations when dealing with issues than insults and tribalism. I will not stoop that low. You cannot deceive yourself when things are staring you right in the face. Visit google earth and see for yourself.

Which State produces the most Cassava in Nigeria? 2nd in Oil palm? But is it enough?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by doyin13(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8

Err . .Pardon me, but I don't think you are very smart.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by olyivy(f): 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2012
I can only contribute few things to this topic:

1. El Rufai is wrong on so many things (I am not interested in discussing them) and he misrepresented a lot of facts.
2. However, even with all that misprepresentations, nothings warrants Obi's tribal twist to an issue he should confront with facts and figures.
3. Obi is a monumental failure in Anambra. People like nri priest, aroli and bashr8 defending Obi is doing it out of selfish (or possibly brainwashed) reasons.
4. Mr. Globe in his attempt to prove that Obi is a failure (which is true) is quite extreme. Some people might not even understand you are attacking Obi not Anambra.
5. It is a sacrilege for anyone to say that anambra is poor like El rufai did. He should be in jail for saying that!

2 Likes

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 8:36pm On Jun 10, 2012
Abagworo:

I dey laugh at your ignorance. It is always better to use facts than insinuations when dealing with issues than insults and tribalism. I will not stoop that low. You cannot deceive yourself when things are staring you right in the face. Visit google earth and see for yourself.

Which State produces the most Cassava in Nigeria? 2nd in Oil palm? But is it enough?
like i said both state and federal government agricultural establishments in the south east are begging people like u to come and take loan and land and start farming but no u prefer to come to nairaland and write trash.if its not enough do something about it, at least i dont buy meat products and vegetables plus some food crops like maize cause my parents own their own non commercial poultry and garden small farm in enugu ,i just go and collect what i need.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Afam4eva(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
Let's not be quick to castigate Peter Obi for defending his state. If I were in his shoes I'd do the same because even though El Rufai may have meant well, I think some of the statistics he brandished were ridiculous. I'm one of the biggest critic of Peter Obi on nairaland and it's not because he's the worse governor in Nigeria but because relative to potentials that Anambra possesses, he has'nt done too well. If he was governing a state like Ebonyi, Ekiti or Zamfara, he would have probably been crowned the best thing to happen to those states but his style of rulership does not soothe Anambra.

Now back to the el rufai issue. It's an insult for el rufai to put Anambra in the same category as some states without a storey building. We know peter Obi has not done well and we know a whole lot still needs to be done but commonnnn, an Anambra even without a governor is better than some states put togetherM we're talking of a state that houses two commercial centers. Someone even compared Cross rivers to Anambra. Chei.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2012
olyivy: I can only contribute few things to this topic:

1. El Rufai is wrong on so many things (I am not interested in discussing them) and he misrepresented a lot of facts.
2. However, even with all that misprepresentations, nothings warrants Obi's tribal twist to an issue he should confront with facts and figures.
3. Obi is a monumental failure in Anambra. People like nri priest, aroli and bashr8 defending Obi is doing it out of selfish (or possibly brainwashed) reasons.
4. Mr. Globe in his attempt to prove that Obi is a failure (which is true) is quite extreme. Some people might not even understand you are attacking Obi not Anambra.
5. It is a sacrilege for anyone to say that anambra is poor like El rufai did. He should be in jail for saying that!

am not defending obi i could care less about him , i hate lies and image assasination of anambra state.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by bashr8: 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
afam4eva: Let's not be quick to castigate Peter Obi for defending his state. If I were in his shoes I'd do the same because even though El Rufai may have meant well, I think some of the statistics he brandished were ridiculous. I'm one of the biggest critic of Peter Obi on nairaland and it's not because he's the worse governor in Nigeria but because relative to potentials that Anambra possesses, he has'nt done too well. If he was governing a state like Ebonyi, Ekiti or Zamfara, he would have probably been crowned the best thing to happen to those states but his style of rulership does not soothe Anambra.

Now back to the el rufai issue. It's an insult for el rufai to put Anambra in the same category as some states without a storey building. We know peter Obi has not done well and we know a whole lot still needs to be done but commonnnn, an Anambra even without a governor is better than some states put togetherM we're talking of a state that houses two commercial centers. Someone even compared Cross rivers to Anambra. Chei.
exactly noody is saying anambra is heaven but comparing anambra to failed and non functioning states with fake statistics is height of mischief and stupidity on elrufai part. anambra is not working to my expectation but its far ahead almost all the states i can think of in nigeria
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by chyket(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
Peter Obi's greatest undoing is that He considers himself the wisest Man that ever came from the southeast of Nigeria.He runs the state just the way he was running his private business.
Every successful leader I know listens to criticism because this most times serves as a painful feedback that will enable you reappraise your performance.
This ElRufai's appraisal of Governors has been on for a while now,how come Peter Obi is the first Governor to react aggressively to it.It smacks of Pride and We the Anambra Citizens are to discerning to allow our lackluster Governor to reduce this wake up call to a tribal warfare
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Obiagu1(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: am not defending obi i could care less about him , i hate lies and image assasination of anambra state.

Exactly! El-Rufai has lost every credibility even before he did this poor hatchet job. I think, if he has good advisor, he should resort to using 3rd parties to make his views known because he is worthless and a liar.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by manny4life(m): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2012
@bashr8

My own beaf with Mr. Obi is that he did not do a good job in slamming back at the man who accused his state, rather, he made it more about the "Igbo Race". Like I previously stated, El Rufai, might be right or wrong in some things he said, I don't know much about the stats he put out there, but Mr. Obi needs to do more in letting people know about the truth about Anambra because I do not agree with most of what El Rufai claimed particularly where he insinuated that Anambra is a hostile place for business. Well, time for damage reassessment and control.

1 Like

Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SisiKill1: 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
doyin13:

Is that you ? shocked shocked shocked

Lmfao!! I was gonna ask the same of you!!!!! cheesy

Where the heck did you disappear to!!!!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by manny4life(m): 8:50pm On Jun 10, 2012
chyket: Peter Obi's greatest undoing is that He considers himself the wisest Man that ever came from the southeast of Nigeria.He runs the state just the way he was running his private business.
Every successful leader I know listens to criticism because this most times serves as a painful feedback that will enable you reappraise your performance.
This ElRufai's appraisal of Governors has been on for a while now,how come Peter Obi is the first Governor to react aggressively to it.It smacks of Pride and We the Anambra Citizens are to discerning to allow our lackluster Governor to reduce this wake up call to a tribal warfare

My friend, please listen to yourself, did you read the article? I read it 2x, El Rufai made deliberate statements particularly in the position of Anambra state being somewhat hostile for business environment. If it was indeed hostile, how come, Sabmiller opened a $150million plant in Onitsha. How come the first independent owned refinery opened in Anambra state? I mean I can continue to go on and on.

Some of his statements were critiquing, but like my concerns were, the stats he put out there, from where did he get them from? I like constructive criticisms, but like @bashr8 said, denting someone's image is WRONG.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by SisiKill1: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2012
doyin13: bashr8

Err . .Pardon me, but I don't think you are very smart.

Sigh!

I missed you!!!! cheesy
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by doyin13(m): 8:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
mbulela:
there is a contradiction in your post.
The mismanagement you allude to in the latter can only be addressed in small phases when we begin to address little matters like the former.
This budgetary analysis can be a stepping stone and a basis for issue oriented criticism and not person bashing or rhetoric.

Hmmm. . well I disagree with you point on small phases.

I think things are so bad, little palliatives do nothing to help our situation. All that happens is they become overwhelmed and any initial gains will simply dissipate in no time.

To illustrate, take the traffic situation in Lagos. I will argue that all Fashola has done is apply flimsy plaster to what is a gaping wound. The BRT hailed by all and sundry when it was first implemented is from all accounts now a mess, largely because it cannot cope with the population that resort to it. Nor has it done much to ease the traffic situation in Lagos, not even on roads where it is directly located.

Clearly something way more drastic is needed. Something on a systemic level alongside all these other palliative measures. So long as in a family of four, every member of the family and the houseboy has use of a car without any levy to moderate the usage would simply lead to a road network that is overwhelmed. You can have roads as smooth as the interstate in every corner of the Lagos, and a brt lane alongside it, yet you will have thesame traffic chaos.

So while it is all well and good that Fasola built a BRt here, or a bridge there, should the praise not be linked to how effective it is in limiting the chaos that we see on the streets, which is nil.

However much of what ails the States is directly linked to the Federal-State structure which emasculates the States and leaves them supine and ineffective in really implementing such wholesale changes as are required. Hence they are limited to little palliative measures which while laudable do not really do much in the wider scheme of things.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Ejine(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8:

THE Onitsha Market in Anambra State has been described as the busiest and biggest market in the world by an American firm.
The representatives of Carlton Company, who were in the city to interact with their customers
, spoke yesterday. http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/25183-%E2%80%98onitsha-biggest-market-worldwide%E2%80%99.html

Onitsha City in Anambra State is the 5th fastest growing city in the world. It is the biggest market in West Africa, the economic nerve center of Nigeria and the gateway to Eastern Nigeria (UN Habitat, 2009). Due to its rapid pace of growth and its projected growth rate, it is experiencing tremendous transportation challenges.

Today, Onitsha is a modern day urban society, the people speak Igbo and English languages. There is a catholic cathedral, Anglican cathedral and it is the headquarters of so may church organizations and sociocultural groups. A federal government college is situated in the town. There is an army barrack, a school of metallurgy, and it is the home of the biggest market in the whole of Africa, the Onitsha Main Market.

In southern Nigeria lays the bulging shops of the Onitsha market. Known as the world's biggest market, the shops are not empty. Goods stacked six feet high tower in the aisles as eager customers snatch up the products. Overworked salespeople try to keep up with the buying onslaught. Nearly 3 million people go to the Onitsha market daily to buy products such as rice, soap, construction equipment and computers.

http://www.tnj.com/news/african-and-caribbean/hope-economic-growth-rises-continent-africa

if u need more proof google is your friend or suggest to us a bigger market you know of

Wow! I actually didn't know that!!
Thanks smiley
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by PointB: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2012
Actually, Peter Obi does not own El Rufia any response. Peter Obi is only accountable to the Anambra Electorate and not the mischief maker El Rufia.

El Rufia has no moral justification for the political witch-hunt he is carrying out in the name of budget analysis. By the way, has he cleared himself of all the corruption allegations against him. It time the court invites him again to the dock.

El Rufia motive is clearly political!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Abagworo(m): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: like i said both state and federal government agricultural establishments in the south east are begging people like u to come and take loan and land and start farming but no u prefer to come to nairaland and write trash.if its not enough do something about it, at least i dont buy meat products and vegetables plus some food crops like maize cause my parents own their own non commercial poultry and garden small farm in enugu ,i just go and collect what i need.

You are from Anambra and you farm in Enugu. I'm from Imo and I farm in Rivers. 1-1. Why don't we just go back to our States and farm?
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ananmbra, the 6th poorest state in Nigeria? He concocted that stat right from his a.nus. cheesy Maybe he's using Federal allocation per capita as his basis which would be hare-brained. No one who has been to Anambra and interacted locally would believe that garbage. The funny thing is CBN, NAPEP and BBC publicized stats had Anambra as the state with the lowest poverty incidence in Nigeria so where does that wildly contradictory stat come from. The only thing he's remotely accurate about there is the poor infrastructure in Anambra.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by abdulkayus(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
U ppl shld keep on debatin, abusin and supportin blindly while seun keep on smilin to d bank
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by tiarabubu: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2012
abdulkayus: U ppl shld keep on debatin, abusin and supportin blindly while seun keep on smilin to d bank

LOL! na true oh!

oya seun where my share for opening thread? angry
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by emmalezy(m): 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
tiarabubu: The critique was one of several carried out of states.

The verdict according to mallam is Lagos(pass), Bauchi (fail), Kaduna (average), Benue (fail), Gombe (pass)

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambras-budget-of-misplaced-priorities/117510/
That's his own wahala... It was along this Anambra road that I Saw a dead woman body getting rotten along the road when I was traveling to Imo state for my mum burial ceremony sometime in February...
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by doyin13(m): 9:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
afam4eva: Let's not be quick to castigate Peter Obi for defending his state. If I were in his shoes I'd do the same because even though El Rufai may have meant well, I think some of the statistics he brandished were ridiculous. I'm one of the biggest critic of Peter Obi on nairaland and it's not because he's the worse governor in Nigeria but because relative to potentials that Anambra possesses, he has'nt done too well. If he was governing a state like Ebonyi, Ekiti or Zamfara, he would have probably been crowned the best thing to happen to those states but his style of rulership does not soothe Anambra.

The thing is no one has actually brought any statistics to contradict any of Rufai's.

Quoting accounts on google of Onitsha market or showing the number of applications to NAU or giving anecdotal evidence of whats on ground do not particularly provide a good defence of what Rufai has said. I get good accounts of how wonderful Fashola is doing all the time and think of him as poor at best and scandalous at worst.

I have no problems with highlighting Rufai's mischief if indeed that is what he is up to, but it would be poor form to only address his intentions and not his argument as well.
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by Nightshift(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
bashr8: jamb indicated imo have the highest number of aplicant and enrollment followed closely by anambra and unizik in anambra is the second most sought after university after unilag, we discussed this several days ago , also anambra have more school and higher institution than any other state in the south east south south, the whole north and some states in south west of nigeria
Does it occur to you that more students seek admission to Unizik than UNN due to the fact that premium university UNN is more competitive than Unizik? UNN is in another league than Unizik.Ok? Stop those your "OMATA"arguments!
Re: El- -rufai Insulted Igbo Race —obi by crackhouse(m): 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
tiarabubu:

http://www.punchng.com/news/el-rufai-insulted-igbo-race-obi/

Not an El Rufai fan AT ALL, but how has x-raying your government's achievement amount to insult of the igbos? Looks like Obi can't handle criticism. Sad
u didn't get Mr Obi right. He said, for el rufai to say that Anambra is the poorest in Nigeria is an insult to igbos and it's because igbos are not known to be lazy people besides no state in the east is as poor as the richest state in the north. El rufai have turned himself to a critic of recent maybe because he's not part of the present Govt and sure he gains nothing from the govt as he does when he was minister and as a result of that he have turn himself to a nagging wife. The other day he said Gej is sponsoring Boko haram. I mean what is wrong with that fellow? Can't he keep quite for once? Must we Nigerians notice him? He should stop ranting and picking up quarrel with anybody connected to Gej, all because he's not part of Gej's government. That's not how to play politics. He's just playing politics of a frustrated man. He need to calm his nerves.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why We Can't Respond To Obasanjo's Letter Now - APC / Atiku Overrules Aide, To Attend Presidential Debate / Tijjani Muhammad-Bande Elected United Nations General Assembly President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.