Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32687 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tete7000(m): 11:39am On Jun 13, 2012
To call Jonathan administration the most corrupt is to show one's lack of understanding of what has happened under past administrations. Obasanjo and his predecessor tenure were as corrupt as this administration. I think we have to still give this administration some kudos for allowing some transparencies. If it were under obasanjo's or babangida's tenure all the revelations we are having now would have been muscled and swept under the carpet. For a man with power to allow himself be criticised the way Jonathan has done deserves some reccomendation.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Enice(m): 11:44am On Jun 13, 2012
owobokiri: I can see that the Otedola Protection Committee (OPC) are in full operation on this thread. How anybody with any atom of good sense will read the whole events going on and say Otedola is innocent beats me. People are even quoting Obasanjos labelling of the HoR as rogues to butress their warped points. Who doesnt know that Obasanjo is involved in this case? Who was Femi Otedola in the oil and gas sector before Obasanjo came to power and made them the oil kings while he was doubling as the oil minister too? Lawans crime was that by demanding bribes from Otedola/Zenon, he was daring Obasanjo/PDP/Jonathan. He bit more than he can chew there and now they will roast him alive while sending the Subsidy report to the dustbin where they have always wanted it to be. Massive corruption in the oil and power sectors is the BEDROCK of the riches accumulated by Nigerias ruling elites over the decades. You cant clean up that sector when you are powerless and corrupt too. What happened to the Power probe report/Elumelu? Is this not Elumelu part 2?
hear yourself! Otedola is guilty! how?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2012
tete7000: To call Jonathan administration the most corrupt is to show one's lack of understanding of what has happened under past administrations. Obasanjo and his predecessor tenure were as corrupt as this administration. I think we have to still give this administration some kudos for allowing some transparencies. If it were under obasanjo's or babangida's tenure all the revelations we are having now would have been muscled and swept under the carpet. For a man with power to allow himself be criticised the way Jonathan has done deserves some reccomendation.

Nop, during OBJ people were going to jail no matter how selective u call it. Obj Minister went and later died in jail, what about IGP etc what can we say about this administration?
Infact i am forced to say that corruption may not be our problem now but impunity which seems to be the order of the day.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tete7000(m): 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem:

Nop, during OBJ people were going to jail no matter how selective u call it. Obj Minister went and later died in jail, what about IGP etc what can we say about this administration?
Infact i am forced to say that corruption may not be our problem now but impunity which seems to be the order of the day.

In a democratic setting the way obasanjo went fighting corruption is totally wrong. You see you don't fight a wrong with another wrong. President was not meant to go around fighting corruption like it is a personal war. Institutions are meant to be strengthened so that they can carry out their duties. I prefer that allegations are sent to appropriate quarters (efcc and the likes) and they be given time to do their jobs for which they are created. I believe because we have lived under military administrations for too long, we all seem to have lost sense of what is right or wrong. Obasanjo was too raw and too crude to be a democratic president. His methods were wrong and if Nigeria has continued his way, only God knows where Nigeria would be now. He is not better than Jonathan. If nothing happens under Jonathan, it is not because of Jonathan but a reflection that Nigerians in government institutions that have been give free hands to operate are equally corrupt. How else can you describe that Ibori was jailed in US while a Nigerian Judge acquitted him of same charges with same evidences. Is Jonathan the Judge? Or do you expect him to teach the Jugde his job?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2012
tete7000:

In a democratic setting the way obasanjo went fighting corruption is totally wrong. You see you don't fight a wrong with another wrong. President was not meant to go around fighting corruption like it is a personal war. Institutions are meant to be strengthened so that they can carry out their duties. I prefer that allegations are sent to appropriate quarters (efcc and the likes) and they be given time to do their jobs for which they are created. I believe because we have lived under military administrations for too long, we all seem to have lost sense of what is right or wrong. Obasanjo was too raw and too crude to be a democratic president. His methods were wrong and if Nigeria has continued his way, only God knows where Nigeria would be now. He is not better than Jonathan. If nothing happens under Jonathan, it is not because of Jonathan but a reflection that Nigerians in government institutions that have been give free hands to operate are equally corrupt. How else can you describe that Ibori was jailed in US while a Nigerian Judge acquitted him of same charges with same evidences. Is Jonathan the Judge? Or do you expect him to teach the Jugde his job?

My friend, i smiled reading ur post and it seems to me u dont understand ur country. Nigeria isnt a place where things just happen the way they ought to be. OBJ fought it the way he deemed fit and results were coming no matter how small, now that the current president is there who seems to allow procedures or whatever to have its way, u tell me what result has been gotten so far. Its about results my brother.

Nigeria may be a democratic country but believe me if i say we also need a flair of authoritarian governance especially at the beginning of our democratic process.

If nothing happens under Jonathan then he is to be blamed so please dont deflect the blame at all. Only if he uses his powers as stated in the constitution. What about his political will? dont u think he is also lacking in that area? besides he promised judicial reforms? what has he done about this except sacking salami erroneously?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tete7000(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
Did he sack Salami or judicial council recommended the guy be suspended and he did that? There are due process to be followed in doing things and I dont think he erred in Salami's case.
Demdem:

My friend, i smiled reading ur post and it seems to me u dont understand ur country. Nigeria isnt a place where things just happen the way they ought to be. OBJ fought it the way he deemed fit and results were coming no matter how small, now that the current president is there who seems to allow procedures or whatever to have its way, u tell me what result has been gotten so far. Its about results my brother.

Nigeria may be a democratic country but believe me if i say we also need a flair of authoritarian governance especially at the beginning of our democratic process.

If nothing happens under Jonathan then he is to be blamed so please dont deflect the blame at all. Only if he uses his powers as stated in the constitution. What about his political will? dont u think he is also lacking in that area? besides he promised judicial reforms? what has he done about this except sacking salami erroneously?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by emmasege: 12:42pm On Jun 13, 2012
one.east:
Just like every other yorobaman, Otedola is a criminal. An Hausa man has busted him grin grin grin grin

Must u always 'tribalize' every issue. I guess u are Ibo. I have very good and reasonable ibo friends. I would not join u in castigating ibos because i know u are just a bad ambassador of ur race.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2012
tete7000: Did he sack Salami or judicial council recommended the guy be suspended and he did that? There are due process to be followed in doing things and I dont think he erred in Salami's case.

am also aware that the same NJC has recommended that he should be re-instated. Even the PDP stooge lawyer that went to court had his case thrown out. what is stopping him.
besides, was this the only thing u took from my last post? this isnt the crux undecided
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by naijaking1: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem:

am also aware that the same NJC has recommended that he should be re-instated. Even the PDP stooge lawyer that went to court had his case thrown out. what is stopping him.
besides, was this the only thing u took from my last post? this isnt the crux undecided

Oga na wa for you-o-oooh!
You have turned N/L into a full ACN political base. Initially, you wanted GEJ ministers like Madueke and Iwuala fired based on false allegations. Now you want to wait for Lawan to prove his innocence or guilt. Next you jump into the sad 'justice for sale saga' of Salami, all the time making no sense whatsoever
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by naijaking1: 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2012
emmasege:

Must u always 'tribalize' every issue. I guess u are Ibo. I have very good and reasonable ibo friends. I would not join u in castigating ibos because i know u are just a bad ambassador of ur race.

Tribalism should have nothing to do with this. We (Igbos) thank Otedola for his patriotism!!! Now, we understand how lawmakers and politicians make Nigeria an impossible market and business environment.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 2:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
naijaking1:

Oga na wa for you-o-oooh!
You have turned N/L into a full ACN political base.

FFuck ACN

Initially, you wanted GEJ ministers like Madueke and Iwuala fired based on false allegations.

The mere fact that they were on seat and overseeing a situation where budgetary allocation for fuel subsidy were exceeded by over 900% without asking questions and without permission from the NASS is more than enough. besides in a real country, the presdient of such a nation ought to be facing impeachement process by now by disobeying the law which is the Budget that has been signed to law

Now you want to wait for Lawan to prove his innocence or guilt.

If lawan is guity, he should face the music however proper investigation has to be done. I wont be deceived by Otedola's (CABAL) closeness to the president that may allow a shoddy job

Next you jump into the sad 'justice for sale saga' of Salami,

To the retardeen, he has cleansed the Judiciary by getting rid of Salami as i was discussing earlier, whereas this isnt true.

all the time making no sense whatsoever

ur opinion which obviously is senseless
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by naijaking1: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
^^
You want Allison Madueke fired without full investigation, but you want to give Lawan benfit of doubt?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by agabaI23(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
@Demdem

Why then did you exonerate Buhari of complicity when monumental corruption was uncovered in PTF under his nose?
You said, it was not him. It was his subordinates!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
agabaI23: @Demdem

Why then did you exonerate Buhari of complicity when monumental corruption was uncovered in PTF under his nose?
You said, it was not him. It was his subordinates!!!

I think u are lost boy? i'm not aware of any exoneration from my part besides what monumental corruption in PTF are u reffering to? can u refer me to such if such exists. This is news to me
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2012
naijaking1: ^^
You want Allison Madueke fired without full investigation, but you want to give Lawan benfit of doubt?

Who is the overseering minister of NNPC that is involved the the bulk of the mess inside the report? Who is the chairman board of NNPC, PPMC and probably PPPRA. They have been investigated and a report has been written and submitted. i expect the president to go through and determine their culpability. both seems to be incompetent to me

HOUSE OF REPS FUEL SUBSIDY PROBE: Farouk Lawan: what is Nigeria’s daily fuel consumption?

Diezieni: 52million Liters
NNPC: 35m liters
DPR: 43m liters
PPPRA: 24M liters
Okonjo: 40M liters

Farouk Lawan: What was the subsidy for 2011?
Diezieni: 1.4Trillion
Okonjo: 1.3Trillion
CBN: 1.7Trillion

Farouk Lawan: Can we have the KPMG REPORT?
Okonjo: I have to go through the report first
Diezieni: I have not seen the report
LIARS

Farouk Lawan: What is the production capacity of our local refineries?’
NNPC: 30%
PPPRA: 20%
DPR: 13%
Diezieni: 15%

Farouk Lawan: Does Nigeria pay subsidy on locally refined Products?
Diezaini: it depends
NNPC: The lay man cannot understand how it’s done
PPPRA: yes
DPR: No

Farouk Lawan: Why is Kerosene still scarce?
Diezieni: Because its use by the aviation industry as aviation fuel
NNPC: Because there is no subsidy so NNPC overstretched its resources
PPPRA: it’s not properly deregulated

Farouk Lawan: what is the balance in the subsidy accounts?
Diezieni: it’s a virtual account THIEF
NNPC: There is no account in existence as the lay man will look at it
PPPRA: The account is a technical one
CBN: There is no account with us for subsidy
Okonjo: The account exists but not with a bank. IIdiot
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by naijaking1: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
^^^^
Thank you Mr. Judge, Jury, Prosecutor!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
^^^

U welkom grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by debum(m): 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
the last man standing in the house of rep have been pulled down.it will only take some time all thier evil meeting even in the nigth will be exposed . i am for femi otedola on business ground
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by comradefery: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
owobokiri: I can see that the Otedola Protection Committee (OPC) are in full operation on this thread. How anybody with any atom of good sense will read the whole events going on and say Otedola is innocent beats me. People are even quoting Obasanjos labelling of the HoR as rogues to butress their warped points. Who doesnt know that Obasanjo is involved in this case? Who was Femi Otedola in the oil and gas sector before Obasanjo came to power and made them the oil kings while he was doubling as the oil minister too? Lawans crime was that by demanding bribes from Otedola/Zenon, he was daring Obasanjo/PDP/Jonathan. He bit more than he can chew there and now they will roast him alive while sending the Subsidy report to the dustbin where they have always wanted it to be. Massive corruption in the oil and power sectors is the BEDROCK of the riches accumulated by Nigerias ruling elites over the decades. You cant clean up that sector when you are powerless and corrupt too. What happened to the Power probe report/Elumelu? Is this not Elumelu part 2?
First, let me state that i do not know Otedola,i have never seen him before except on Televion and News papers, i have never benefited from his so called billions, and I'm not from his part of the country. If there was any body i admired among the two warring parties, it was Lawan. It's a pity you are whipping up sentiment and dwelling in the usual Nigerian rhetoric of, "I'm Not the Only thief and ' They are prosecuting me because i did this and that" rather than judge these combatants based on available words and actions. Didn't you hear Lawan deny ever collecting a dime, only to make a u turn and admitted? I think you deserve absolute pity for being very warped, blind to written words, and emotionally disorganized to the extent of accusing those whose responses are based on available confession and facts, of being warped.Before you comment in a forum like this, try and read through the lines, listen to the news, and use your brains!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mcvincent: 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
ifihearam: If I say I am totally disapppinted in Farouk Lawan its an understatement,that midget is a thief and he even had the audacity to produce an indictment report.

I strongly believe Obj had this before he openly called them rogues,perhaps Otedola went to him with the evidence

some men created for destruction come into this world, and make the world their home.
Be they as vile and base as ever they can ,they will still be called 'The World's honest man.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by jenti: 7:20pm On Jun 13, 2012
I wish Fela is alive. His song "U BE THIEF" eadily comes to mind

"U be thief, I no be thief
U be robber, I no be robber
U be armed robber, I no be armed robber
Argument, Argument argue"

What a shame and what a country
Week before, it was Unilag
Last week, it was plane crash
This week, its LAWANOTEDOLA GATE
And so time ticks on, JONAH KEEPS SLEEPING
Ang Nigerians keeps suffering
By next next year, Jonah will be approaching us for re-election
Lord have mercy. I weep for this country angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by DOKON(m): 10:17pm On Jun 13, 2012
GEJ transformation agenda is all a mirage. My own opinion is that he (GEJ) is at the root of all these.
Farouk was pressurized by the leadership of the House to go 0tedola's house.
I feel so sorry for him to have fallen so cheaply to the plot
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by jmaine: 10:48pm On Jun 13, 2012
DOKON: GEJ transformation agenda is all a mirage. My own opinion is that he (GEJ) is at the root of all these.
Farouk was pressurized by the leadership of the House to go 0tedola's house.
I feel so sorry for him to have fallen so cheaply to the plot

Funny how you all chose to blame GEJ on farouq blunder . . . .it's beginning to sound silly hearing you all trying to exonerate farouq from the mess he willingly indulged in . . .
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by owobokiri(m): 6:03am On Jun 14, 2012
comradefery: First, let me state that i do not know Otedola,i have never seen him before except on Televion and News papers, i have never benefited from his so called billions, and I'm not from his part of the country. If there was any body i admired among the two warring parties, it was Lawan. It's a pity you are whipping up sentiment and dwelling in the usual Nigerian rhetoric of, "I'm Not the Only thief and ' They are prosecuting me because i did this and that" rather than judge these combatants based on available words and actions. Didn't you hear Lawan deny ever collecting a dime, only to make a u turn and admitted? I think you deserve absolute pity for being very warped, blind to written words, and emotionally disorganized to the extent of accusing those whose responses are based on available confession and facts, of being warped.Before you comment in a forum like this, try and read through the lines, listen to the news, and use your brains!

If you really think that Mr Otedola is doing this to fight corruption or because he detests corruption, then you are deceiving yourself. If you think he got where he is today, on top of the HIGHLY corrupt oil sector without CONSTANTLY greesing palms of people like Mr Lawan, then you are being naive. If you think he is tired of doing so or he has repented and turned a new leaf on that score, na u be dey maga. .

The question you need to ask yourself is 'why is Mr Otedola out to destroy Mr Lawan'? To answer that , you have to put your thinking cap on. My take is that this has nothing to do with fighting corruption! There is more to this. This is more of an inter-class battle between 2 or more groups within the ruling elite, crooks fighting for the spoils of the Niger Delta. I am not excited!

NONE of them is telling you the whole truth since that will lead to self-destruction. . You cant be abusing me for trying to point that out in my 2 previous posts when your opinions on the issue being discussed are horribly simplistic. . That said, i am done trying to elevate this argeument to the next level. You can now wallow in your pedestrian analysis! Femi Otedola is the new Gani Fawhenmi! Tell that to the marines!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lookmangiw(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2012
tete7000: To call Jonathan administration the most corrupt is to show one's lack of understanding of what has happened under past administrations. Obasanjo and his predecessor tenure were as corrupt as this administration. I think we have to still give this administration some kudos for allowing some transparencies. If it were under obasanjo's or babangida's tenure all the revelations we are having now would have been muscled and swept under the carpet. For a man with power to allow himself be criticised the way Jonathan has done deserves some reccomendation.
what a stupid contribution. Is it under must that you should write something.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Omonpp(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2012
Initially you did not collect money
Later you agreed you collected money
Finally you wanted to expose Otedola with what evidence, bring out the money if you know you have not spent from it. Thief
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by abbeywasc(m): 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
nigeria and its proffessional thieves called politicians
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Kobojunkie: 4:32am On Jun 21, 2012
Omonpp: Initially you did not collect money
Later you agreed you collected money
Finally you wanted to expose Otedola with what evidence, bring out the money if you know you have not spent from it. Thief

Wow . . . you believe anything you read, right?? undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

PHOTO: Ben Murray-bruce As An 18 Year Old / 2 Ex-Presidents, 30 Foreign Election Observers Land In Nigeria / Is Dave Umahi Most Hardworking Governor In Nigeria See Pictures ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.