Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,381 members, 7,812,121 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32696 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by omoalaro: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
This scandal has been following a familiar path.  Four short years ago, a House of Reps panel on power exposed the looting of $16billion in the power sector. Rather than implement the panel’s report, agents of the law went after the panel’s head, Hon. Ndudi Elumelu, on bribery charges. Nothing was proved. Elumelu is still in the House. The reports of several other panels that unearthed monumental frauds have been rotting in the archives or lost. Stories of how a gang of six stole more than  N32billion pension funds are still fresh in people’s memories, even as the accused are having their days in court. A few convicted for wrecking banks or stealing state funds were given very light sentences or freed based on a fraudulent “plea bargain”.

As we have stated in the past, we cannot continue to live this way. Until the cankerworm of corruption is rooted out in our psyche by a justice system that works, the nation cannot make progress. Fraud exists in all nations, but Nigeria’s case is pitiable because thieves have been emboldened to believe that they cannot be punished. That’s why, in spite of the thievery going on every second, nobody is in a Nigerian jail today on account of corruption. Now, the nation has reached a critical state, with the scale of theft reported these days. Imagine what N2.6trillion can do in a nation’s life! We should end corruption before it ends Nigeria’s existence.

Leadership editorial.

http://www.leadership.ng/nga/articles/27092/2012/06/12/lawan_otedola_n26trn_thieves_must_face_justice.html
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by omoalaro: 10:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by omoalaro: 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by omoalaro: 10:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by omoalaro: 10:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
T
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by emmykk(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: LAWAN:
1. I didnt collect bribe, the caricature of me in the video is not me.
2. I collected the bribe, and told IGP

Silly id!ot, After you are exposed, there are so many stories, the fucccker is trying to be safe
otedola and farouk are theives and should b use as scape goat.The true logical story is that femi otedola companies were guilty! Then either party femi or lawan offer or demanded 3million dollar bribe,but part payment was made to lawan farouk on the understand that d balance money would b paid but not without secret videoing becos otedola knw he would pay d balance frm onset.since balance was not gotten b4 report tabling day,farouk published otedola companies-and femi hit back reporting what lawan tot femi wil never do-i give him bribe
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
Am I the only one imagining Baba's face grinning with that 'I told u' smile on it. grin Shame on all of them sha. embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed tongue
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by DrugDoc: 11:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
Where are all the fuel subsidy people who were demonstrating in January and salivating during the House hearings? I guess the House will raise another committee to investigate the first committe who will then accuse the the second committee of collecting bribes! Then another third committee will be raised and so forth and so on. All because everyone wants cheap fuel from the SE and SS. Well, there is no honor amongst thieves and this program called fuel subsidy will never work.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dis farouk-otedola fiasco reminds me of dat fela's song.

Farouk and Otedola singing Late Fela song:

farouk: You be thief!
Otedola: I no be thief!
Farouk: U be rogue!
otedola: i no be rogue!
farouk: u dey steal!
Otedola: i no dey steal!
farouk: u be robber!
otedola: I no be robber!
Farouk: U be armed robber!
Otedola: I no be armed robber!

All of them sef be thieves jare. God save us from dis LovePeddler called corruption.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by plentykola(m): 11:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk lawan said he told IGP dnt 4get dey are 4rm dsame state kano state he may want to cover me. To d best of my knwledge zenon oil n gas does nt import petrol dey only import kerosine n diesel.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by nsiadi: 12:33am On Jun 13, 2012
The drama is becoming interesting
I know we had Political sharia just like we are having political Boko
Seems we are also having political fuel subsidy probe

Relevant questions still remain. These include, but not limited to, the following:
1. Why was Rilwanu not invited to testify? Is he a sacred cow?
2. Why didnt Farouk Lawan inform the principal officers of the house?
3. When Farouk Lawan reported to the Police why didnt he hand over the exhibit?
4. If he was trying to save the report why didnt he confide in some key player that he has some bribe?
5. Why did Farouk Lawan turn his house into a bank?
6. Why did he deny that he collected bribe when he was confronted by the house speaker?
7 Why did he walk out on the speaker?
8. Why did Farouk Lawan, later , confirm he collected bribe?
9. What does Farouk Lawan want us believe by saying the video footage was caricatured?
10.Why did Farouk Lawan go , alone , to see Otedola?
11. If Farouk Lawan wanted to implicate Otedola why didnt he inform Police b4 visiting Otedola so they could give covering fire
12. Why didnt Farouk Lawan prevail on the Police to confirm he really complained to them?
13. Has Farouk Lawan no S A N as legal adviser? If he has why doesnt he ask for advise?
14. If Otedola didnt hand over the tapes to appropriate quarters what could have been the right time for Farouk Lawan to expose Otedola?
15. Why was Zenon in the 1st Report but dropped in the doctored report?
16. Since Farouk Lawan doctored the 1st Report is it not proper to say he can doctor the video footage (If given the chance)

Our good friends in NL, who have been defending him can assist in providing answers to these questions.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by bakila: 2:08am On Jun 13, 2012
plenty kola: Farouk lawan said he told IGP dnt 4get dey are 4rm dsame state kano state he may want to cover me. To d best of my knwledge zenon oil n gas does nt import petrol dey only import kerosine n diesel.

Are you sure?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by jmaine: 2:13am On Jun 13, 2012
nsiadi: The drama is becoming interesting

Relevant questions still remain. These include, but not limited to, the following:
4. If he was trying to save the report why didnt he confide in some key player that he has some bribe?
6. Why did he deny that he collected bribe when he was confronted by the house speaker?
9. What does Farouk Lawan want us believe by saying the video footage was caricatured?
11. If Farouk Lawan wanted to implicate Otedola why didnt he inform Police b4 visiting Otedola so they could give covering fire
12. Why didnt Farouk Lawan prevail on the Police to confirm he really complained to them?
13. Has Farouk Lawan no S A N as legal adviser? If he has why doesnt he ask for advise?
14. If Otedola didnt hand over the tapes to appropriate quarters what could have been the right time for Farouk Lawan to expose Otedola?
16. Since Farouk Lawan doctored the 1st Report is it not proper to say he can doctor the video footage (If given the chance)

Our good friends in NL, who have been defending him can assist in providing answers to these questions.

cool

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by bakila: 2:19am On Jun 13, 2012

tongue

Was Otedola involved in importation of fuel and a beneficiary of PSF? Is Farouk Lawan a Member of the NASS part of a very corrupt Goverment? If the answer is yes then there is 90% that they were both involved in corrupt activity.
Fact remains that somepeople, dont want us to know the truth and unfortunately the scam in the subsidy regime will have a burial other than that which will send the thieves of 2.7tr to jail.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by idumuose(m): 5:40am On Jun 13, 2012
this is dammed funny.What was Emenalo doing at Otedola's residence at

aso drive if not to compromise himself?

This reminds me of a story my friend whose father was the secretary

to a local government somewhere in the south east told me.It was evident that his

father alongside the local government chairman had embezzled the L.G fund running into

millions of Naira.

Three auditors were invited to commence the auditing of the L.G account.

The' auditors',Auditors of egwusi, okro and lager beer came calling at my friends RESIDENCE to audit the L.G account.

My Friend's father who was adept at manipulating figures offered the three auditors delicacies of egwusi and vegetable soup

garnished with fresh fish stock fish,ogufe and iced cold gulder larger beer.

When they had filled their stomachs,they were presented with three full medium sized Ghana must go bags as parting gifts.

they thanked my friend' father for his hospitality and thereafter DECLARED that the L.G account was very clean.

(Audited in the sitting room while they were eating).
It is akin to a situation where a sitting judge would visit the home of an accused at night.

This is the sorry state in which we have found ourselves in Nigeria.

is Obasanjo then right when he declared the house of reps as an assemblage of rogues and thieves?

NA WA O!!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Konnektions146(m): 6:14am On Jun 13, 2012
ROSYL: The only hope this country has is ME.

i just smiled at yur post.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by comradefery: 7:18am On Jun 13, 2012
I have always cherished this Farouk Lawan, but now, i'm so ashamed of him. If it were in a decent society, i bet u, he would be sure of long jail term. Initially he authoritatively alleged that the video was fake, and even compared it with de Obasanjo Fantom coup video, i almost believed him, but when i read the Otedola version, i said to my self, oh!, the Farouk u like might be in hot soup, and now that Farouk has spoken again, it's obvious who's guilty. You said u never collected a dime, but u have suddenly changed ur story, nomatter how much i like u, i must state that u solicited for and collected a supposed bribe of mischief, for which i'm disappointed in u. I'm neither Otedola's friend nor foe, but i will not pass wicked verdict on him because he's a billionaire oil mafian, but i will exonorate him based on the nature and circumstance of his action in this particular case. Take ur self to be an Otedola whom a greedy House commitee wanted to extort or incriminate despite ur please of innocence, and to deal with them , u brought the money they wanted, contacted security agencies, serialized the money and gave to the greedy looters on camera, to expose their dirty deeds. After that, u forwarded de video to EFCC, and later came out to tell de world what happened, even when ur company is no longer in the list of the indicted companies. Common guys, read tru de lines and use ur brains!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by owobokiri(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2012
I can see that the Otedola Protection Committee (OPC) are in full operation on this thread. How anybody with any atom of good sense will read the whole events going on and say Otedola is innocent beats me. People are even quoting Obasanjos labelling of the HoR as rogues to butress their warped points. Who doesnt know that Obasanjo is involved in this case? Who was Femi Otedola in the oil and gas sector before Obasanjo came to power and made them the oil kings while he was doubling as the oil minister too? Lawans crime was that by demanding bribes from Otedola/Zenon, he was daring Obasanjo/PDP/Jonathan. He bit more than he can chew there and now they will roast him alive while sending the Subsidy report to the dustbin where they have always wanted it to be. Massive corruption in the oil and power sectors is the BEDROCK of the riches accumulated by Nigerias ruling elites over the decades. You cant clean up that sector when you are powerless and corrupt too. What happened to the Power probe report/Elumelu? Is this not Elumelu part 2?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by oddy4real(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2012
owobokiri: I can see that the Otedola Protection Committee (OPC) are in full operation on this thread. How anybody with any atom of good sense will read the whole events going on and say Otedola is innocent beats me. People are even quoting Obasanjos labelling of the HoR as rogues to butress their warped points. Who doesnt know that Obasanjo is involved in this case? Who was Femi Otedola in the oil and gas sector before Obasanjo came to power and made them the oil kings while he was doubling as the oil minister too? Lawans crime was that by demanding bribes from Otedola/Zenon, he was daring Obasanjo/PDP/Jonathan. He bit more than he can chew there and now they will roast him alive while sending the Subsidy report to the dustbin where they have always wanted it to be. Massive corruption in the oil and power sectors is the BEDROCK of the riches accumulated by Nigerias ruling elites over the decades. You cant clean up that sector when you are powerless and corrupt too. What happened to the Power probe report/Elumelu? Is this not Elumelu part 2?
U havent made sense Mr man. U said he dared 'PDP, GEJ and OBJ by demanding a bribe from Otedola'. Are you alright?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nickonomakaveli(m): 8:23am On Jun 13, 2012
owobokiri: I can see that the Otedola Protection Committee (OPC) are in full operation on this thread. How anybody with any atom of good sense will read the whole events going on and say Otedola is innocent beats me. People are even quoting Obasanjos labelling of the HoR as rogues to butress their warped points. Who doesnt know that Obasanjo is involved in this case? Who was Femi Otedola in the oil and gas sector before Obasanjo came to power and made them the oil kings while he was doubling as the oil minister too? Lawans crime was that by demanding bribes from Otedola/Zenon, he was daring Obasanjo/PDP/Jonathan. He bit more than he can chew there and now they will roast him alive while sending the Subsidy report to the dustbin where they have always wanted it to be. Massive corruption in the oil and power sectors is the BEDROCK of the riches accumulated by Nigerias ruling elites over the decades. You cant clean up that sector when you are powerless and corrupt too. What happened to the Power probe report/Elumelu? Is this not Elumelu part 2?
I didn't expect dis 4rm ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊,‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ r off point
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by dont8(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2012
talk true:

Where is the $500,000.
Is it with Farouk or it was forwarded to Police?
It's in his Swiss bank acc!
The more you look, the less you see.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2012
. Did you read what you wrote? I am not sure. You are not making any sense at all and I'm saying this as politely as it may be said. Nobody on this thread has claimed Otedola is a saint but it's painfully obvious Farouk was outsmarted in this matter. I agree with you he bit more than he could chew, but who's fault is that? Did Otedola ask Farouk to bribe him? SMH at some funny interpretations, Even his members at the House of Reps don't believe him and everything he(FL) says at the moments seems an afterthought. Let's see how this drama ends.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 9:01am On Jun 13, 2012
grin
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem: I reported Otedola’s bribe to Police and EFCC in April – Farouk Lawan

The Chairman of the House of Representatives ad hoc committee which probed the management of the Fuel subsidy scheme, Farouk Lawan on Monday said that he reported the $3 million bribe to the Police and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) law enforcement agents as far back as April 24.

Documents released by National Assembly sources to the media, revealed that Mr Lawan allegedly informed the House Committee on Financial Crimes in a letter dated April 24, 2012, of pressures to offer him bribe to influence the outcome of the investigation into the fuel subsidy scheme.

In a letter to the leadership of the House, Mr Lawan also said his “life has been under constant threat since the fuel probe begun.”

Mr Lawan reported the bribe to the police following which the Inspector-General in a letter dated, May 9, 2012, directed a task force on investigation to meet him.

The IGP in the letter with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/309 called Lawan’s attention to an interview he granted a national newspaper on April 28, 2012 and directed, “a discreet investigation into the matter.”

The letter was signed by the Commissioner of Police, Special Task Force, Ali Amodu.

He said that in another letter dated May 16, 2012 with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/319, and signed by Mr Amodu, the IGP requested money exhibit, names of witnesses and other material evidence from him. grin grin grin

Mr Lawan explained that in a letter dated May 31, 2012, he told the IGP that the matter (bribe offer) had been referred to the relevant committee of the House for legislative actions.

After the correspondence between the IGP and Mr Lawan, the p in a letter to the Speaker of the House, Aminu Tambuwal, dated June 4, 2012, stated that a detailed criminal investigation had been ordered into the matter.

In the letter titled, “Investigation activities: Letter of invitation in a case of criminal conspiracy and attempt to pervert the course of justice by offering gratification,” the office of the IGP stated that “the Inspector General of Police has directed a detailed criminal investigation into the matter.”

The Chairman, Zenon Petroleum and Gas Limited Femi Otedola said in some national dailies on Monday that Mr Lawan and the Secretary of the probe committee, Boniface Emenalo had collected $620,000 from him in a sting operation masterminded by the security agencies.

The amount, according to Mr Otedola, the amount was part payment of $3 million, which he alleged Mr Lawan had demanded from him to exonerate Zenon Oil from the probe committee’s report.

Mr Otedola said on April 21, the Saturday before the plenary, Mr Lawan came in person to his residence and collected $250,000 in cash, as the first instalment and on Monday April 23 “Lawan came and collected another $250,000.”

House vows to probe bribery

Meanwhile, the House of Representatives said it will investigate allegations of bribery levelled against Mr Lawan, saying it will not support underhand deal from any quarters.

The Chairman, House Committee on Media and Publicity, Zakari Mohammed who disclosed this in a statement said, “While we await investigation into these weighty accusations, we wish to state without equivocation that this Honourable House will never take sides with corruption and we will always stand on the side of the rule of law. We cannot, for whatever reason, support any underhand dealing from any quarter.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/06/12/i-reported-otedolas-bribe-to-police-and-efcc-in-april-farouk-lawan/

Who knows whether farouk was trying to acquire the evidence as requested by the IGP? if am to put myself in farouk's shoes and am asked by a neutral body if i have collected bribe, i will like " i collected bribe but i still didnt collect it grin grin " (its also a string operation afterall)

Its funny and disheartening that as SSS in conjuction with Otedola (hopefully so) is conducting his own string operation to implicate Farouk, likewise the Police is also conducting his own operation to implicate Otedola.
SSS VS PoliCE.
Useless set of people. Evil Boko is there tearing down the whole country. Nonsense.

Abegii, lets focus more on the Trillions of Naira Fraud (this is the main koko) and leave this 100Million bribe alone jor
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by owobokiri(m): 9:05am On Jun 13, 2012
oddy4real:
U havent made sense Mr man. U said he dared 'PDP, GEJ and OBJ by demanding a bribe from Otedola'. Are you alright?

I guess i am alright. My theory is simple, i will break it down further:
Mr Lawans greed lured him to ask for bribes from one Otedola whose major businesses are rooted in the oil and gas sector! This same Otedola wasnt much of an oil heavy untill one GROSSLY corrupt Obasanjo, the then c-in-c doubling as the then Petroleum minister started his commercialisations/privitisations/deregulations especially in the oil sector. The likes of Otedola benefitted heavily (some serious minded characters will add 'corruptly') from these and have been stalwark PDP/OBJ/GEJ funders EVER SINCE!!

Its not a coincidence that OBJ let the speaker in the know about the bribery video nor did he go through an epiphany just last week to notice that the HoR is full of "rogues". You and i have always known that crooks re in charge at Abuja all along.

BOTTOMLINE: An over confident Lawan, took his FAKE anti corruption toga too far by challenging a BIG oga who is in custody of the major businesses funding the rigging activities of the ruling elite and he will be cut to size for that!

NOTE:
1) It is my belief based on the stories so far that Mr Farrouk is guilty!
2) It is also my belief that Otedola and Zenon are as demonic and corrupt as they come.
3) My humble opinion is that OBJ has a dog in this game!
4) My thinking is that though Jonathan may not be going to bed every night with OBJ, he also seem determined to truncate this report for some corrupt reasons and wouldnt mind if one excited Otedola wishes to be used as the sacrificial lamb.
5) It is my conclusion that things are bigger than they seem, that the loosers here are ordinary folks like you and me who will get so dizzy with the fuzzy accusations flying to and fro that we start to run back to our premordial bases for assured comfort. 'They' always win this way! Over
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 13, 2012
[quote author=Demdem][/quote]. Farouk can't claim anything. It just doesn't make sense. Why did he go to meet Otedola at his residence. If Truly Otedola was the one desperate to give the bribe why didn't Lawan ask Otedola to meet him at a location of his own choosing? Its even more likely FL has spent some of the money which was why he refused to give it to the IGP.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2012
Donxavier: . Farouk can't claim anything. It just doesn't make sense. Why did he go to meet Otedola at his residence. If Truly Otedola was the one desperate to give the bribe why didn't Lawan ask Otedola to meet him at a location of his own choosing? Its even more likely FL has spent some of the money which was why he refused to give it to the IGP.

u still dont get it do u? Location isnt a determining factor as long as the supposedly string operation by the police is successful. Digest the below well and think outside the box. If and only if its true.

The IGP in the letter with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/309 called Lawan’s attention to an interview he granted a national newspaper on April 28, 2012 and directed, “a discreet investigation into the matter.”

The letter was signed by the Commissioner of Police, Special Task Force, Ali Amodu.

He said that in another letter dated May 16, 2012 with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/319, and signed by Mr Amodu, the IGP requested money exhibit, names of witnesses and other material evidence from him.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem:

u still dont get it do u? Location isnt a determining factor as long as the supposedly string operation by the police is successful. Digest the below well and think outside the box. If and only if its true.

He said that in another letter dated May 16, 2012 with reference number CR:3000/IGP.SEC/STF/FHQ/ABJ/VOL 2/319, and signed by Mr Amodu, the IGP requested money exhibit, names of witnesses and other material evidence from him.

. Let's assume it's true. But reports say FL didn't tender the money requested of him. So why didn't he do that?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Demdem(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2012
Donxavier: . Let's assume it's true. But reports say FL didn't tender the money requested of him. So why didn't he do that?

i feel u but remember that an earlier report also stated that farouk tendered some money before the house leadership? lets wait and see and judge not yet. Otedola has gone to the police to state his own, lets wait and see when farouk goes to the police.
he hasnt tendered it yet doesnt mean he wont. wink wink
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2012
Demdem:

i feel u but remember that an earlier report also stated that farouk tendered some money before the house leadership? lets wait and see and judge not yet. Otedola has gone to the police to state his own, lets wait and see when farouk goes to the police.
he hasnt tendered it yet doesnt mean he wont. wink wink
. The fact that he waited until Otedola blew the lid before tendering or attempting to tender or he maynot even tender at all cos there are suspicions he's spent it already shows he's guilty. Unless maybe he has the money intact and untouched. Even then I still can't understand why he would choose to keep that kind of money to himself if he's intent was to expose Otedola. And all the house leadership and those he claimed to inform have all disowned him and denied ever receiving any letter from him. The guy is a goner.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mystikal(m): 10:20am On Jun 13, 2012
Corruption seems to more open and bold these days
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by stevSKY(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2012
all dis our leaders no dey fear GOD.....and HELL FIRE.....do dey tink dis nation iz ment for dem alone....... nt only Farouk n adetola bt al of dem will BURN IN DEEP PART OF HELL

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Withdraw From Saraki’s Trial, Eminent Lawyers Advise Umar / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe / Top Boko Haram Commanders Killed During Military Artillery Bombardments (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.