Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32689 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lawbabs: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
Pls pls pls, maybe I am crazy or something. Or am I the only one who is asking the question:

WHY DID FAROUK GO TO OTEDOLA'S HOUSE BEING THE CHAIRMAN OF PROBE COMMITTEE?

IT IS LIKE SANUSI LAMIDO GOING TO AKINGBOLA'S HOUSE DURING THE BANKING REFORM SAGA.

It just doesnt make sense. They don't add up. There is more to this story than we have heard...

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by madjune(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
Let nobody here be deceived. Ask yourselves- What's Farouk doing at Otedola's house? Is that how to probe anybody?
Emenalo even went there too. I think Farouk is an upright man but he has a price, and i think Otedola couldn't meet his price.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by femmy2010(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
~Bluetooth:

He should resign his positon immediately ! angry

Nigeria is nothing but a tales by the moon light.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
eyen nyin: This talk talk back and forth I don't want to hear. All I want to know is, Was otedola's company in the first list and was it still in the second list? Na there the koko de. De truth d hide for there.
THE SECURITY AGENCIES SHOULD LOOK INTO THAT TO KNOW THE DATES OTEDOLA PAID THE BRIBE

Piyke: Kai!!!! Farouk really has some explaining to do.

1. "I didnt collect the money" means no real video
2. "The video was doctored" still supports no real video
3. "I collected the money to expose..." Now was it not the video of where you were collecting the money in the name of exposing otedola that is talked about above? How come you said it was doctored when you actually collected the money? shocked shocked shocked

This man should be suspended and thoroughly
investigated. For me its very clear
SO MANY CONTRADICTIONS THAT REQUIRES EXPLANATIONS

TheShopKeeper: This is getting messier by the day, little wonder the corrupt government of GEJ has not taken any action.

Well I don't like anything will happen after this mini drama of mud-slinging. Everything goes back to back-slapping and a job well-done by the culprits or better still they will meet up at their various pepper soup joint.
WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED COS THIS IS NAIJA

debosky:

Bros I am as skeptical as you are - I didn't believe any of it myself, but when Farouk made a statement (not dem say) saying he neither asked for nor received bribes, followed by an Otedola interview in Thisday, then followed by Farouk's frenzied denials. . . .this is all too much to simply be 'dem say'.

Money exchanged hands - the parts that may be rumour are the talk of video tapes, marked bills and so on, but one thing both parties are no longer denying is that money exchanged hands.

What we now need to know is which government bodies (Police/IG or SSS) was informed first and make a judgement on that basis. However, given the apparent need of the FG to destroy this subsidy report, I suspect the blame will come down on Farouk as being the guilty party.
THE POLICE/IG & SSS MAY EVENTUALLY BE THE JUGDE THAT WILL GIVE SOFT LANDINGS FOR THE PARTIES CONCERNED.

NAIJA POLITICAL STRUCTURE FROM THE PRESIDENCY TO THE LG IS TOTALLY CORRUPT.

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by ifylux: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Honourable farouk y must u wait for otedola 2 blow d whitsle first? Do u know that it is an offence 4 a referee 2 meet in private wit a team manager b4 or during a match? Farouk u have betray 100 million naija dat stood by u.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Chubhie: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ola one:
Hahaha. So nice smiley

Beaf is my 'helper.'
That guy is a dogeded fighter,defender of the indefencible and a rugged marketer. I give him credit for knowing how to take care of bussiness. Make him an offer and if the price is right you have him. By all means get him as a special advisor on NEW media.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by OCCULTIST(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
Apply Buhari's Idea,JUST SHOOT THEM grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Callimo(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
Anybody that have deep insight of Nigerian politics must have known the evil Nigerian MONEY-BAGS commit with THISDAY NEWSPAPER in the name POLITICS. The proprietor of that newspaper is so currupt that once u have the money u get any piece of shit published there.

Otedola we all know is a laudable lying machine. There cant be any truth in that publication of his (Otedola) at all.
All we pray for is for God's mercy on Nigeria
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Teefabs(m): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk is also a thief,nigeria should look for honest person to handle the case not farouk,farouk have been in this corrupt system for long so i did not trust him.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
JAkpayen:

Let them use a 'lie detector' to know u be the thief. hahahahaha! this is a case of the hunter being hunted.
if they use lie detector d machine will blow.....!!!!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Enice(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
ZUBY77: I have one silly question to as.. Please someone should help me out.

since otedola never imported any of the susidized products and never collected subsidy money,
HOW ON EARTH DID HE AGREE TO GIVE OUT HIS HARD EARNED 500K DOLLARS ? WHAT WAS HE AIMING TO ACHIEVE?
ZUBBY 77, you again! Can't you read the part that said the SSS provided Otedola with the marked dollars?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by porryred(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
mubybaba:
if they use lie detector d machine will blow.....!!!!!!

na from the airport or seaport you go hear say thief don thief the machine...no b naija ni?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by karaye: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
[/b]YOU ARE DECEIVING YOURSELF MY FRIEND,JONTHAN WILL WASTE THIS YEARS AM TELLING YOU,THEY ARE STRONGER THAN HIM,SE HOW THEY ARE STEALING OUR MONEY JUST LIKE RATS,AND IT COME TO ELECTION HE WILL BE VOTED AGAIN,ITS INTERESTED, FRESH.......AIR
dplordx: [b]So, whats GEJ doing...is he just watching this drama, or will he let these two guys bribe the EFCC and walk scot-free?
Abeg Jonah. Do something....
dplordx: [b]So, whats GEJ doing...is he just watching this drama, or will he let these two guys bribe the EFCC and walk scot-free?
[/b]
dplordx: So, whats GEJ doing...is he just watching this drama, or will he let these two guys bribe the EFCC and walk scot-free?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by malc619(m): 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2012
The Committee's report has now been officially converted to toilet paper.....
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Naija...NeverADullMoment
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by aljharem(m): 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
The man should resign.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by teskyg: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
No need for much argurement.Its a simple comprehension.Faruk is not telling us the truth.He has lost any intergrity the moment he denied receiving any bribe.

But as usual,Nigerians are divided over Religion and Ethnicity here.That is the problem we have in this country.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by afrikanns: 3:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Also Farouk has released the police memo he sent to the police. That thief called otedola should be ashamed of himself. He needs to be stoned to death for trying to stand against justice

thou shall not judge so says your bible, otedola remains innocent until proved otherwise. Dont need to be temparamental, relax and am seeing you to be sentimental in this issue. I tell you, you can trust anybody when it comes to momey matty.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by coalcoal1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
lastpage: Judge: Did you rob the Bank?

Accused: No Sir.

Judge: Are you not the one shown in this CCTV video, breaking the Vault and carting the money away?

Accused: Your honor, l did not rob the bank, l only broke the Vault, just to prove to you that the Security measures of the Bank are inadequate! shocked shocked
The Manager has been spending his "security vote" on women and parties!

Judge: But the Police were actually watching you while you were doing all these, why did you not inform them of your INTENTIONS BEFORE HAND?

Accused: I did not want to disturb them as they ave a lot of other things to attend to.

Judge: Why do you think l shold believe your story?

Accused: Because l have been doing this for over 13years (since 1999) and have never been caught! grin grin grin

Judge: You are hereby discharged and acquitted.......but is anything for the boys? wink wink

Accused: hahaaaa......I just caught you Mr. judge! Its a Sting operation to nail and show you're corrupt. tongue tongue

Judge: (Confused and dumb-founded!)! Kai, these Nigerians are as slippery as an Ell!

Lastpage!

It's like u watch too much nollywood home videos. kinda funny anyway
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Donxavier: . Otedola is no saint but he was smarter than farouk on this matter. Farouk is already changing his Language from outright denial to I did it to Expose him. It's very funny cos all Farouk has shown by his documentary evidences can all be cooked up and backdated to claim all he said. It's just ridiculous.

Exactly!!! Letters can be back dated. I don't believe the IGP in this. After all a panel found that he was guilty of being sympathetic to Hausa causes.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
This mini episode has clearly shown that there is nobody from the political and business establishments that can be trusted or have an iota of integrity. They are just playing on our intelligence.
In countries where intergirty is a watchword, these scumbags will have relieved of their duties and be interrogated for instigating this bribery scandal.
So the question now is, 'who can the general, hard working population trust to champion their course for a better nigeria?'. Sad that committee chairman will put himself in this situation, after millions of nigerians were ready to fight if the subsidy report will not be allowed to be published.

Clearly, we still have a long way to go in this country. Truly, GEJ's barely a year in power can be termed as the most corrupt.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by probably: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
oddy4real: Farouk Lawan demended for a bribe and some idiots are still mentioning GEJ'S name. na wa o
GEJ hand is all over this ploy. GEJ is the most corrupt leader on the face of earth. All this are mere distractions. Yes Farouk messed up completely and should be dealt with, but If u feel GEJ isn't corrupt, then u are d biggest fool on earth.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tribalism(m): 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
LAWAN! LAWAN!! LAWAN!!! IF YOU DID THIS, I FORGIVE GEJ. BUT LAWAN WHY! WHY!! WHY!!!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by crackhouse(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Also Farouk has released the police memo he sent to the police. That thief called otedola should be ashamed of himself. He needs to be stoned to death for trying to stand against justice
haba oga. It seems u are protecting farouk o.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Biggyd2: 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
omosexy1: It is very clear that something is fishy somewhere. Now I was wondering why they have refused to implement the recommendations of the report. I have read both stories as interesting as they are I intend to draw out logical facts and make conclusions.

Zenon imports Diesel:- Zenon imports diesel, it is a well known fact that diesel is not a subsidized product in this country. The Chairman of Zenon also mentioned that fact in his story. Now, why would the House Committee try to indict a company who does not import a subsidized oil product into the country. Clearly, this is Nigeria and in this country anomalies are normal. Probably the House Committee must have obtained documentary evidence for them to invite Zenon to the Subsidy probe.

Preliminary Report:- According to Otedola (Chairman Zenon), Zenon's name was included in the report submitted to the House of representative as part of the indicted company who collect subsidy funds but do not import the oil product into the country. Farouk has previously claimed that some Oil moguls are trying to bribe him in order to get their names off the list. Investigation should reveal if Zenon's name was in the report and what was the basis of the company's name removal before the Plenary session. If investigation cannot reveal that, then why did Farouk and his members invite Zenon to the probe and why is the company's name not in the final report submitted.

Bribe:- This is the sensitive part. Otedola claimed he gave Farouk $620,000. Farouk, initially claimed he did not receive any bribe, however owed up to collecting the money as evidence. Investigation should show who made the approach, as Otedola claimed Farouk called him. Also, according to Otedola, the $620,000 paid were marked money given to him by the SSS. Investigation team should obtain the money (left overs I believe) and confirmed if true. One shocking thing is - if you know you want to indict someone, why go to his house on invitation? It affords the accused to be prepared.

If he indeed went to his house Otedola should produce a CCTV recording as well. I don't not believe that 'a bigman' like him will not have such fancy gadget. And that will be the nail in the coffin for FLawan. Let them show Nigerians as much evidence as possible and if any\both are found culpable they should face the full weight of the law(if that can happen in Nigeria)!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by azzima(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
Given the way Nigeria is, I believe someone in the SSS leaked the covert investigation to Farouk but he had already commited the crime. So in order to back track,he THEN started reporting to different agencies . Too late Mr Criminal. They are all criminals and no one will be prosecuted because everyone has unclean hands starting from Mr PRESIDENT.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by jimharry21(m): 4:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
If actually you took Otedola's bribe to expose him, why is the bribe now exposing you?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
azzima: Given the way Nigeria is, I believe someone in the SSS leaked the covert investigation to Farouk but he had already commited the crime. So in order to back track,he THEN started reporting to different agencies . Too late Mr Criminal. They are all criminals and no one will be prosecuted because everyone has unclean hands starting from Mr PRESIDENT.
. Hmmn, Your take on the matter makes sense and could be a possibility. But really which way Nigeria? If at the end of the day nothing truly happens to FL or Otedola, then the end is truly near. I mean the end of corruption in this country. Things can't continue like this.... A military take over might be in the offings or the predicted violent breakup before 2015.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tripler: 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
I see no reason why you all seems surprise about this because left to me am not. Bcus all dis folks are cunning guys. Otedola is a business man and he will do anything to maximize profit. The same way Lawal can't leave the corridor of power from one tenure to another, can he tell us he as been spending just his approve constitutional salary HELL no. We have heard of the halibutton scandal all the top Nigeria politicians involve still dey flex office. Abeg less I forget the $500k who is currently in custody of it, is it faruk or the IGP Bcus I won't mind keeping it as evidence before we hear, I no collect, I write letter, IGP no dey office I give sergeant to keep. Boko blow office $500k don burn. FUNNY IDIoTs
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by question(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Nigeria don suffer? If after all said and done, still no convictions or jail terms. Then this country is like a time bomb submerged in deep $hit.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2012
Its all hand in the cookie jar!
But who's "faster and smarter" to remove his hand before being caught.

There are more than "mere petty thieves in govt houses" with the connivance of corrupt businessmen/women like OTEDOLA whom are govt made billionaires.

From all said and done it seems either way one of the actors of this sleave approached the other for a favour but things turned ugly when "the powers that be" decided to use the infos discredit the subsidy probe.
Thereby both parties are now clutching at straws to save face and hoping for safe landing from the police/IG, SSS and the presidency.

Barawos!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mastro: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

If that's the case then i spent a Night in an Ashawo's house just so i could "tell" her that what she's doing is wrong . grin grin grin

LOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by goget(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
Gentlemen, If lawan is proven without reasonable doubt to be guilty the position of the law is clear against bribery. Let both Lawan and
Otedola rots in Jail.

In my opinion, Lawan might actually collected the bribe to exonerate Zenon from the probe and all the letter he claimed he had written and sent to the IG and task force could equally be manipulated and backdated to help him out of the mess. It was greed that killed Lawan instead of the love of Nigerians. The love of money had made him loose his integrity.This is a man that has the ambition of contesting the Niger state governorship election come 2015 and a 3million dollars deal is more than enough money to prepare for the elections. Anyway lets wait and see where the whole drama ends

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Shares Fathers Day Photo With Her Dad. / EFCC And ICPC Stripped Of Powers To Seize Assets In Corruption Cases / 2023: Why Is Buhari Not Campaigning For Tinubu The Way Obasanjo Did For Yaradua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.