Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him (32691 Views)

Tinubu Shaken By Fashola’s Threat To Expose Him / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Police To Declare Farouk Lawan Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mart2k(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
If is very welcomed that otedola the thief businessman has soiled his image in this debacle. He will foever regret this dis decision to blackmail Farouk. The GEJ team used him as a lab rat to drag Farouks name into the mud but when otedola the thief realizes how deep he himself have fallen into the mud he will know what he has done to himself.
On fuel subsidy probe scam I stand
try and read otedola's version b4 u jump 2 conclusion.this is a pure case of allegation and counter allegation,so let's wait 4 d outcome of d investigation b4 we can make any reasonable contribution or comment.but something tells me that d chairman,farouk wil b indicted at last
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by ifihearam: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2012
If I say I am totally disapppinted in Farouk Lawan its an understatement,that midget is a thief and he even had the audacity to produce an indictment report.

I strongly believe Obj had this before he openly called them rogues,perhaps Otedola went to him with the evidence

3 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by tuyi19: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2012
i think the best thing is to allow the security people do their job instead of this useless castigation, in the first place who alerted the sss and how did they got farouk video when he was collecting the money, some bastard will be somewhere running mouth like tap that yoruba is the problem of this country, it IBB yoruba? is abacha yoruba?, please if you dont know what to say, keep your mouth shot.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Reference(m): 10:26am On Jun 12, 2012
ms pookie: i hope farouk Lawan's side of the story is TRUE! But, if Otedola's side of the story is true; why does he have to pay bribes when he wasnt involved in d importation of fuel, y wont he just stand his ground?? undecided i believe strongly farouk is smart enough not to involve himself in such.

Well the story is: If you are prepared to rope me in when I say I trade diesel only then I am prepared to soil your white babanriga. It is a rofo rofo fight by gangster rate. Oops, sorry Ghaddafi spokesman for plagarism.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by MsOluchi: 10:27am On Jun 12, 2012
Farouk is just as guilty as Otedola. i pray Nigerians see thru his lies and stupidity. Didn't he just say that neither him nor any of his committee members collected any bribe? He has now changed his story now that he has been out-rightly exposed. He should go and hang himself! shameless man! angry

2 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Jonwesley(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2012
Oh i'm beginning to like dis, who is smarter now? Otedola on a "sting' operation to fall d Hon or the Hon who alerted the chairman ethics committee and the IGP when d bribe was offered and the intention behind the bribe.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mart2k(m): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2012
nwabobo: From I didn't collect any money to I informed IG. Lol! This is getting more interesting.
seconded;something is fishing or dont u think so?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Silva79(f): 10:28am On Jun 12, 2012
Pls guys,i went through d list and i saw zenon oil among the names of d offenders. How could he have collected the so called bribe and included d name of his company? And y is otedola bragging bout d so called mess?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Dpeacemaker101: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2012
It's so unfortunate that Lawan is in this present situation and can not even defend himself on this. If what he is saying is right, he should have spoken out before now. He should be investigated and if found guilty, the necessary action should be carried out on him. Maybe he was waiting for the probe to be over before he could start making use of the funds.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 12, 2012
When the history of Jonathan presidency will be written, it will be about just one thing: corruption.
GEJ is the most corrupt Nigerian dead and alive. He wears corruption, he drinks corruption, he bathes in corruption, he speaks corruption, he even sleeps with corruption.

He is corrupted soul, body and spirit.

A Synopsis of Events:

1. The subsidy funds were fraudulently used to finance 2011 election. [Just check figures for 2010 and 2011, the obvious illogical increase explains everything).

2.The government of GEJ knows that the opposition is aware of above fact.

3.Looking at the somewhat cordial relationship between Tambuwal and opposition, GEJ concluded that opposition was behind the probe and would use the report to instigate mass protests and discredit his government.

4.GEJ commissioned SSS to explore the political angle by monitoring call logs of Ad Hoc committee members.

5.To GEJ's greatest amazement, no opposition element was involved. Nevertheless, the probe must be discredited.

6.That necessitated the set up for Lawan and he greedily fell for it. GEJ was exploring options of Tambuwal complicity to look for ways to remove him and put his SW stooge there. They were shocked that Tambuwal was not even aware until OBJ showed him the details.

7.The sole aim of discrediting the report has been achieved. All that's needed to trash this report is a suit to challenge its credibility.

8.GEJ is not interested in punishing Lawan, Lawan is still in possession of putrid details that can bring any government down.

9.There will be accusations and recriminations, FL will be charged to court but nothing substantial will come out of it.

10. Bottom line, GEJ is running the most corrupt government in the history of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by ayox2003: 10:30am On Jun 12, 2012
This time around, Farouk Lawan sings Sunny Nneji's old song to Otedola:
If u rock me I rock you
Hold me I hold you
Touch me I touch you
Push me I push you
Try me I try you
Show me I show you
Wound me I wound you
Nail me I nail you....
*with microphones*
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by airmark(m): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2012
It's quite unfortunate that our leaders have turned to comedians. They now perform drama on daily basis to the populace and we even buy tickets to watch their macabre dance. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nickonomakaveli(m): 10:32am On Jun 12, 2012
D stupid,greedy thief first said he never collected any money,nd now telling nigerians he did it 2 expose otedola.‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ no sabi lie self,y were ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ nt d first 2 raise d corrupt practice?‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ r doin dis 2 protect urself.if ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ cn remember well he was one of d law makers dat make sure hon patrice etteh was remove due 2 corrupt. practice farouq is a thief of d first order
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lawbabs: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2012
There is a Mr. Globe or or Mr. Ball or whatever he calls himself on this forum who came here to defend Farouk Lawan. Please watch out for him, He is Farouk's PA.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2012
While busy pleading non guilty, they can interpret it as testifying against ones mother in a blink of an eye. Naija Govt.

Let us see the video nau? Is it so hard? Same way we didnt get to see the evidence against baba suwe. Who are they kidding?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mutiply: 10:35am On Jun 12, 2012
no nid to wait for d senate resumption cause when d real truth is revealed,it wil be swept under d rug,just like bankole,ibori,kalu,Tinubu,igbenedion,obj,anenih,aondooka,alison,hembe,udughan,pension scheme workers e.t.c.oh! I almost 4get gej,d most corrupt person on d planet
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by mart2k(m): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Also Farouk has released the police memo he sent to the police. That thief called otedola should be ashamed of himself. He needs to be stoned to death for trying to stand against justice
i can see how dumb u are;from i dont collect bribe to i reported to ig.dont u know that farouk case is a case of drowning man looking 4 who wil go wit him?think wise
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by maxygirl(f): 10:35am On Jun 12, 2012
I remember Hembe Hembe saying he was waiting for SEC to request for the money. House of representatives & Senate = House of thieves
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 12, 2012
mart2k: i can see how dumb u are;from i dont collect bribe to i reported to ig.dont u know that farouk case is a case of drowning man looking 4 who wil go wit him?think wise

That Mr.Globe has no globe up there. Dumb as a cotton head.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by princeFAD: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2012
if nairalanders have been following the information/news that has been coming out since the blow out of this bribery allegation,it is likely possible that Farouk is a bribe taker and liar.He has been changing his stories from the onset.
(1)first,he said he didnt collect any money that the video is a caricature of himself.
(2)after he aknowledged that he collected that he wanted to proof his earlier complaint that some oil magnate have been making moves to bribe him.
The question to ask Farouk are:
1.Why didnt he contact the security agents immediately he got the money to submit the money to them?(hope u guys cud recollect that when Ibori gave Ribadu $50million dollars as bribe,Ribadu immediately delivered the money to CBN as an exhibit.
2.why did name of Otedola oil company got removed from the fuel subsidy report after it was reported to be there in the preliminary report.?(My answer to this is that,it was when Farouk collected the part payment of $620k that he removed the name of the company)
You cud also recollect that Otedola claimed the dollars given to Farouk are marked and that he actually got them from SS fater he had informed them of the bribe request from Farouk and was asked to play along.I think the SS should comeout to say whether this is true or not.
In my opinion,Farouk has not been consistent in his report and his reason to exonorate himself doesnt hold water.He shud be subjected to thorough investigation.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by carlos86: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2012
I hope the biased moderators will also be quick to delete anti-igbo posts with the same speed which they used to delete chino11's anti-yoruba post
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Esejojo: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2012
talk true:

Where is the $500,000.
Is it with Farouk or it was forwarded to Police?

Interesting question. At least we have someone who can reason before making a post on Nairaland.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 12, 2012
Democracy isnt for Nigeria, I propose communism!
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by olyivy(f): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2012
bayooooooo: When the history of Jonathan presidency will be written, it will be about just one thing: corruption.
GEJ is the most corrupt Nigerian dead and alive. He wears corruption, he drinks corruption, he bathes in corruption, he speaks corruption, he even sleeps with corruption.

He is corrupted soul, body and spirit.
Dont you guys ever get tired of mentioning that name GEJ? Everything now that happens to anyone whether on the street or in his bedroom has GEJ written all over it. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by uncleb(m): 10:39am On Jun 12, 2012
Am sas. So sad. Is there a way out of this mess.

Who can we trust in this land. Na soso bribery and corruption everyone.

He asked for bribe, I didn't ask for bribe. I gave him bribe, I didn't collect bribe.

Why this poverty of the mind?

Why are people so depraved in Nigeria.

Senate committee on SEC ended up with bribery scandal,

Then pension probe same thing, and now the subsidy.

Is Nigeria synonymous to corruption or what?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 12, 2012
olyivy:
Dont you guys ever get tired of mentioning that name GEJ? Everything now that happens to anyone whether on the street or in his bedroom has GEJ written all over it. Tufiakwa!

Sorry darling, He is corrupt soul, body and spirit

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by gegee(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2012
see as dem dey carry us play football
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by lawbabs: 10:41am On Jun 12, 2012
I initially thought it was the presidency that was orchestrating a plan to discredit the report... I read Otedola's claim and I was still sure that Farouk Lawan had integrtity. After reading his (Farouk Lawan)second story in two days with the level of incosistency, I realised that only God is the hope of this country. Like OBJ said, what law can they (the National Legislators) they make when they are rogues and armed robbers. I am sure there will still be another twist to this story. Let's watch out.

I am sad for my father land... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by rasputinn(m): 10:42am On Jun 12, 2012
Before now,it was"I DIDNT COLLECT ANY MONEY FROM OTEDOLA OR ASNY OTHER OIL MARKETER",now it is"THOUGH I COLLECTED US$500,000.00 FROM OTEDOLA,I INTENDED TO USE IT AND EXPOSE HIM"

Yeah right,bloody criminal,little wonder Obasanjo said they were rogues and armed robbers in the national assembly.

Farouk Lawan is one of those rogues and robbers,anybody that is confused as to whose story to believe should listen to Dino Melaye who affirms that Farouk Lawan is a rogue.Recall that when the subsidy investigation started,the three biggest oil marketing culprits they initially mentioned ended up having their names erased from the Farouk Lawan final report(The FG knew something was fishy and even had details,since its agents were involved in the sting operation against Farouk),this is the reason they considered the Farouk Lawan report as not worth the ink with which it was written.
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 12, 2012
Anybody that reads this and thinks that Otedola is on the wrong side is a Big and permanent foo0l with no cure..: "Farouk the dude that claimed that he didn't collect anything at all, to it was a set-up,"

Whatever the real case maybe, he already has implicated himself!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by logica(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2012
Was this not the thief some mor0n referred to as honest some time back. We know honesty is relative sha. This is for you to know the level of greed running in these monkeys' veins and arteries. With the largess they get as salary and perks he still needs this kind of bribe?
Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by Nickonomakaveli(m): 10:43am On Jun 12, 2012
Silva79: Pls guys,i went through d list and i saw zenon oil among the names of d offenders. How could he have collected the so called bribe and included d name of his company? And y is otedola bragging bout d so called mess?
He was d one who approach ote about d incident,he told him dat he can still make amend b4 d probing
Of oil marketers dat were involved,dis guy first deny d accusation and ₪a̶̲̥̅̊ he is telling nigerians he collected it 2 make otedola pay 4 corrupt practise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

PIC Of The Day: Fuel Scarcity And Easter (jesus Resurrection) / Rukkayya, Wife Of Abdulmumini Dame Thrown Out Of His House After His Death (Pics / Primaries: 300 People Claim They Voted For Me After I Got 2 Votes - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.