Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid (9278 Views)

Who Should Christians Avoid? / The Issue Of Witches/wizards/and Emere That You Did Not Know About / On The Issue Of Morality: Bestiality [for Athiests And Freethinkers] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ olabowale, i have given up on you. You dont even make any attempt to reason like you have the mental capacity of anyone older than 5yrs old.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2007
lekpenne,it's not enough to say so did pharaoh and mohammed.
Let me see the biblical references please where pharaoh accepted worship,could forgive sins,was omnipresent,
The prophecies of his birth and death,claimed to be equal with God.
please don't change the topic now as usual.
You have said pharaoh was a deity,please show me biblical references.
You've been running from pillar to post so now focus and answer.
I don't play childish games grin
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 11:13pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Davidylan: Multiply the 5 by 10+! Thats okay. Lakpene, has let loose
on you. Now you have to result into name calling!

@Nwando: Calm down. Lakpene, is a very fine man. Smart too. Laa illaha illallah
will soon come out of your mouth. It will be smooth like butter. Practice and get use to it.
Be careful with the stethoscope, dear.

@Pilgrim.1: Lakpene, has a big beard. So your suggestion that he needs
to grow some, is many, many years too late. Did you read the many Arabic word
for passing over, or just the same, you ignore it? Typical! I would not say
Rubbish, because it will be too cliche. Plus I don't live in England.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 11:28pm On Nov 26, 2007
@Nwando: My dear friend, if you turn things around and you remove yourself
just for a minute, you will see how terrible your argument about Jesus being more
than Prophet of God is! The people who worshipped Pharaoh did not know a
thing about Old and New Testaments. Even those who name a religion after him
today.

If you do know that Pharaoh of Moses was very powerful, you should read a better
history book, which will give you a better picture of Pharaoh's authority of
Egypt. As to the prophesies of birth, you conveniently forgot Mose's birth was the
very reason, Pharaoh enacted a law to kill all the male born by the Children of
Israel! You forgot too, that John the son of Zachariah's birth was foretold as well.

Its very convenient to blot everything out of the memory, when it serves our
purpose. Just don't blow any fuse. Your beau needs the full Monty. The truth is a
matter for grown ups. There is no childish game in the matters of belief in the One God.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2007
@ alhaji, i appologise for my earlier outburst. E ma binu sir.

olabowale:

As to the prophesies of birth, you conveniently forgot Mose's birth was the
very reason, Pharaoh enacted a law to kill all the male born by the Children of
Israel! You forgot too, that John the son of Zachariah's birth was foretold as well.

Sir, if the above is your example of "lapkenne has let loose on you" then i am awfully disappointed at the islamic penchant for dishonesty and double speak.
No sir, Moses WAS NOT the reason pharaoh enacted a law to kill all male Jewish children in Egypt.
Exodus 1: 8 Now there arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph.
9 And he said unto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are more and mightier than we:
10 Come on, let us deal wisely with them; lest they multiply, and it come to pass, that, when there falleth out any war, they join also unto our enemies, and fight against us, and so get them up out of the land.
15 And the king of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwives, of which the name of the one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah:
16 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew women, and see them upon the stools; if it be a son, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then she shall live.

Sir, Moses was not born until Chapter 2. Try and read first before babbling in error.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 12:32am On Nov 27, 2007
@Davidylan: All is forgiven. I know you did not mean it. And I am a 5 year old anyway. Neither is my IQ!

Lakpene finds you amusing and stubborn, too. I guess, your reputation is very hard to disguise.

As to the story of Moses: If your Biblical account is correct, then the Egyptians, did not know the
Business management, enough. No wonder they lost to a depleted, but highly valued commodity,
the Israelite slaves. If America and the European slave traders and harvesters had used this
Biblical method to deal with their Boomper crop slaves, they would not have had a good supply of it.

How do you destroy something that you value to do your dirty jobs, when you can almost absolutely
control them and pay them nothing for whatever the job they do? It just does not make any sense.
To kill innocent children and leave the able bodied battle ready male, does not solve the problem of
a present or immediate future concern that they may collude with your enemy to fight you.

The Qur'anic explanation is very acceptable to the heart. See Pharaoh dreamt, that somebody grewup
from the children of Israel, who are under the yoke of slavery to challenge his authority. Pharaoh dreamt
and like the Pharaoh of Joseph asked the dream interpreter from among the Egyptians to give him the
meaning and a solution to it. They came up that it seemed to them that somebody will be born who will
try to get the release of the Children if Israel.

The solution was to kill every male born by the Children of Israel from that point onward. But they realised
that killing every male, of every year will bring a shortage of the precious commodity of Slavery, which is
what have been fueling the Egyptian economy, all along. If you know, Egypt was controlling a third of the
whole world, at least all Africa.

What was finally decided to try to grow future slave supply and try to get rid of this future possible challenge
was to spare a year male births and kill the the male birth of the following year. The year of sparing of the
male births, is when Aaron was born. The year Moses was born is the year of killing. This is the true story.

What can you benefit from this? Lets your heart seek your Creator, instead of a creation!
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Lakpenne: 12:59am On Nov 27, 2007
Davidylan

"the concept of a triangle is man's concept . . . to assume that God is bound by your laws of geometry that all triangles must be 3-sided and then turn around to claim he is "almighty" is sheer hypocrisy and exposes your limited ability to reason logically. "

Umm, no. Lets try a different example. God says I am eternal and then man says, no Jesus, the mortal is God. Sounds like a four sided triangle to me. Better yet, you saw God was tempted by the devil and he cried out for help - sounds like debasing to me. Won't you agree. I sound like a broken record cause u still have not explain how your fake lord can cry like such and be tempted as such.

As for the verses: ( I am adding one extra)

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord Thy God and Him only shalt thou serve. Luke 4:8

"And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifte up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blesse are they that hear the word of God and keep it." Mathew 18:32-35

(notice here the woman praised Jesus but he retorted her by saying, no praise the Lord of the worlds alone)

then,

"And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and knele to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. Mark 10:17-18.

Seee, the first verse can be interpreted to mean Jesus was talking about himself when he said God. But as for the last two, he made a difference between himself and the Exalted one, warning against over praisee of himself.

Why would Jesus say such a thing or did he forget that he was supposed to play God. See, the above verses are more consistent with the instances in the Bible where Jesus was tempted by the devil and where he cried out to God (although I don't believe he said why have you forsaken me, no prophet, yet alone one you call God would say something so stupid). It is also more consistent with the messages of the prior prophets and the message of Muhammad and indeed, common sense.

your reply.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Lakpenne: 1:09am On Nov 27, 2007
nwando:

Admittedly, it will take me time to find references about the Pharoah but lets look at the Egyptian hyroglyphics (sp?) and what the scientist tells us about them as well as about their "mythology" Remember the Sun gods who were worshipped and said they were gods themselves and some even claimed they were born of a virgin mother? come one dude, this is common knowledge. How is Jesus any different, other than saying the Bible said so.

Speaking of the Bible, you do understand that no such book of God from the Christians actually exist. For one, the copy in your hands is in English and there is no such thing as an english Bible, save an interpretation of it. There is no such thing as an english Quran either.

Anyway, Jesus is fake as a Lord, real as a Prophet. If he is Lord indeed, the devil would not have tempted him nor would he have been crying like a little girl for his mommy talking about why have you forsaken me. I know I have said that many many times. ITs because no one wants to address how ridiculous that sounds that go would be saying such nonesense.

COME ON?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 1:44am On Nov 27, 2007
olabowale:

As to the story of Moses: If your Biblical account is correct, then the Egyptians, did not know the
Business management, enough.
No wonder they lost to a depleted, but highly valued commodity,
the Israelite slaves. If America and the European slave traders and harvesters had used this
Biblical method to deal with their Boomper crop slaves, they would not have had a good supply of it.

You are speaking woefully out of context, betraying your appalling lack of knowledge and exhibiting the islamic predilection for dishonesty yet again. The Isrealites were slaves to the Egyptians for more than 430 yrs (a small detail your quran forgot to include). . . did you read about the plagues of Egypt and how that eventually forced pharaoh to let the Isrealites go with great reluctance? How did the Egyptians meet their end? Was it not while pursuing the Jews after pharaoh had a change of heart and wanted the isrealites back?

olabowale:

The Qur'anic explanation is very acceptable to the heart.

What nonsense! The quran did not appear until more than 4000 yrs after the event it purports to be reporting while the bible we read is from a first hand witness of the very events. We'll read the rest of ur verbiage and expose them for the plagiarized rubbish they really are.
Wait . . . did the quran tell us how the jews got to Isreal? Any details on who these jews are at all before jumping to "explain"?

olabowale:

See Pharaoh dreamt, that somebody grewup
from the children of Israel, who are under the yoke of slavery to challenge his authority. Pharaoh dreamt
and like the Pharaoh of Joseph asked the dream interpreter from among the Egyptians to give him the
meaning and a solution to it. They came up that it seemed to them that somebody will be born who will

The solution was to kill every male born by the Children of Israel from that point onward.

Mohamadu was not a very smart thief. Anybody can easily detect that this is a mere regurgitation of Exodus chapter 1 but with a few twists here and there to make it sound different. How come NONE of you muslims knew this until mohamadu appeared with his bag of lies?

olabowale:

But they realised that killing every male, of every year will bring a shortage of the precious commodity of Slavery, which is
what have been fueling the Egyptian economy, all along. If you know, Egypt was controlling a third of the

What was finally decided to try to grow future slave supply and try to get rid of this future possible challenge
was to spare a year male births and kill the the male birth of the following year. The year of sparing of the
male births, is when Aaron was born. The year Moses was born is the year of killing. This is the true story.

You know what makes me doubt the quran even more? You people cry loudly that ishmael was the REAL SON of Abraham and so was the child of promise who was to be sarificed on the mount of Moriah . . . but the Quran on the other hand spends an unhealthy amount of time on Isaac and his descendants the Jews!! Where are the stories of ishmael and his descendants? Whom did Ishmael marry?

Could the quran's silence on Ishmael be because the bible says nothing on him and so mohamadu had no story of him to plagiarize too?

What you have done is simply regurgitate the first 2 chapters of exodus and put an islamic spin on it. good job!
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 27, 2007
Lakpenne:

Umm, no. Lets try a different example. God says I am eternal and then man says, no Jesus, the mortal is God. Sounds like a four sided triangle to me. Better yet, you saw God was tempted by the devil and he cried out for help - sounds like debasing to me. Won't you agree. I sound like a broken record cause u still have not explain how your fake lord can cry like such and be tempted as such.

You speak like a snivelling little kid with very little capability to reason.
Jesus was mortal and yet immortal . . . try having a child through a virgin!
Where did Christ "cry for help" during his temptation by the enemy? On all occassions all we hear is "it is written", by the last temptation we hear a very authoritative "get thee behind me Satan"! Where is your cry for help there? Are you also reading upside down?

Lakpenne:

As for the verses: ( I am adding one extra)
"And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord Thy God and Him only shalt thou serve. Luke 4:8

what confused you hear? Because Jesus did not say "thou shalt worship ME and ME only shalt thou serve"?

Lakpenne:

"And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifte up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blesse are they that hear the word of God and keep it." Mathew 18:32-35
(notice here the woman praised Jesus but he retorted her by saying, no praise the Lord of the worlds alone)
No dear, stop reading with islamic lenses . . . Jesus Christ was simply reiterating what was more important . . . it is of more spiritual benefit to hear God's word and keep it than to waste time singing the praises of men . . . remember most of the Jews of that time did not regard Him as a messiah then but simply like a prophet who just happened to say the right things and perform miracles.

- Unfortunately if you bothered to read deeper into the scenario unfolding in the very first portion of the bible you quoted (the temptation), Jesus Christ refered to the devil as the Prince of this world. . . note its striking similarity to the islamic "Lord of the worlds". . .

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

Lakpenne:

"And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and knele to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. Mark 10:17-18.

and this confuses you? again are you foaming in the mouth because Jesus Christ refused to categorically put the word "ME" in place of "God" in that verse? Ever heard of people speaking in the third person?

Lakpenne:

Seee, the first verse can be interpreted to mean Jesus was talking about himself when he said God. But as for the last two, he made a difference between himself and the Exalted one, warning against over praisee of himself.

If you tried to read it without struggling desperately to infuse islamic reasoning into those two verses you shld be able to note that it makes no such assumptions as you make.

Lakpenne:

Why would Jesus say such a thing or did he forget that he was supposed to play God. See, the above verses are more consistent with the instances in the Bible where Jesus was tempted by the devil and where he cried out to God (although I don't believe he said why have you forsaken me, no prophet, yet alone one you call God would say something so stupid). It is also more consistent with the messages of the prior prophets and the message of Muhammad and indeed, common sense.

Wait! Didnt you tell us the bible was "useless interpretations"? How then can you hypocrite still be quoting it to prove the quran's point? Is the quran so weak that it needs a book of "useless interpretations" to confirm its many lies?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by dafidixone(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2007
I started replying to your other post but lost it and do not want to rewrite. But, this is my question, "What is so special about Jesus that he is now God."

Permit me to attempt answering your question, if you will care to meditate rether than expantiate the question.

In Genesis God said Come let us made man in our own image. In the same Genesis we learnt that when God was creating the Wold,The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

This has gone to tell you that there is only one person in three form at the creation. i.e God the Father, God the Son amd the Holy Spirit.

In the book of Daniel it was also confirmed when three Hebrew were thrown into the burnin funace, the Unbelivers King confirmed that the forth person is in appearance of the Son of God.

John also confirmed in his book that in the beginning was the work and the word was with God and the word was God. What make Jesus so Special is that He is in God, God is in Him. He cannot be differentiated from God. He is Emmanuel. My dear poster, I think you will appreciate this better if you know that God is a living Personality. He is existence. He has no begining and has no end. The issue of Trinity is a Mystery so when something is mystery, is is beyound canal knowledge.

Thanks for your attention.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by FBS: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2007
John also confirmed in his book that in the beginning was the work and the word was with God and the word was God. What make Jesus so Special is that He is in God, God is in Him. He cannot be differentiated from God. He is Emmanuel. My dear poster, I think you will appreciate this better if you know that God is a living Personality. He is existence. He has no begining and has no end. The issue of Trinity is a Mystery so when something is mystery, is is beyound canal knowledge.
beautifully and wonderfully said, a million gbosas for you. smiley Did I hear somebody say HALLELUYAH!!!!
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2007
@Dafidixone: Responding to your post below is very amusing to me.

Quote from lakpene as a question to davidylan:
I started replying to your other post but lost it and do not want to rewrite. But, this is my question, "What is so special about Jesus that he is now God."

Response from Dafidixone:
Permit me to attempt answering your question, if you will care to meditate rether than expantiate the question.

In Genesis God said Come let us made man in our own image. In the same Genesis we learnt that when God was creating the Wold,The Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. (Olabowale's response to dafidixone: The first obvious question to your rejoiner is this; who did God call in this 'Come,' request or command? What is the purpose of the coming, to
aid, assist, take over or what? Further what is the image of God; is it the same as the
image of whoever the come was addressed to or what really? What does it mean that
the spirit of God was moving about over the surface of the water, during the creation
of the world? Could it not have been perfect in authority that God in His might simple
command the action of creation to begin, as we have it in the Qur'an? Is this not more
befitting to His Power and ability to do all things?)

This has gone to tell you that there is only one person in three form at the creation. i.e God the Father, God the Son amd the Holy Spirit. (Olabowale's response: How do you figure this 3 persons out? Does it make
any spiritual sense about the Superiority of God, over all things? Is
there any other Creator than the Singularly Creator which is GOD the Almighty?)

In the book of Daniel it was also confirmed when three Hebrew were thrown into the burnin funace, the Unbelivers King confirmed that the forth person is in appearance of the Son of God. (Olabowale's response: How did the king know this, when he did not
enter the fire/furnace with them? Did they tell him, afterward, as about the name of this fourth
entity with the three in the furnace that he was who you claimed him to be? Is this
another form to paint the unpaintable? Here is a story for you: Ibrahim was thrown
in the fire, as a punishment for destroying his people's smaller gods and blaming it
the big god. They throw him in a raging inferno, but before he landed in it, Angel
Gabriel appeared to him and offered to help as he may wanted. Gabriel informed
himthat he was given the permission to do so by God. But Ibrahim said no,that he
will rely solely on God, who is capable to truly save him. that God already knows
his condition. based on this alone, his faith in One God, God commanded the fire to be
cool and a place of safety for Ibrahim. He was in that fire for 40 days and he came out
from it, without suffering any stress, whats so ever. Thats pure faith!)

John also confirmed in his book that in the beginning was the work and the word was with God and the word was God. What make Jesus so Special is that He is in God, God is in Him. He cannot be differentiated from God. He is Emmanuel. My dear poster, I think you will appreciate this better if you know that God is a living Personality. He is existence. He has no beginning and has no end. The issue of Trinity is a Mystery so when something is mystery, is is beyond canal knowledge. (It is true that trinity is a misery to you. however God
said in His Book, the Al Qur'an, 'desist from saying trinity,' in chapter 5. But Jesus had a beginning;
he was born from his mothers womb. It you wanna go back, his beginning was when the
Angel informed his mother Mary about his impending birth, a forgone conclusion, an already
decreed event (to my darling Pilgrim.1, your HATMAN). Jesus end was his being lifted up from
this earth to heaven! We all agree, with any religiosity in us that God does exist, before Jesus came
to this earth, during his stay on this earth and now that he is no more on the earth. We also
believe that God is always alive. But as a Christian, you defeat your own statement, since you claimed
that God or part of God died, for at least 3 days, which you calculated incorrectly, even looking at
it from the Children of Israel's way of measuring day in time. The Emmanuel that Jesus is called, meaning
God is with us, does not make him God! If this is so, you have a lot of many Gods in Yorubaland even
today. They are Olorunseguns, Olumides, etc, etc. He can be differentiated from God. You see, when you
claimed that he died, you also know that heavens and the earth and whatever were in between did not
go into disarray. Even the Jews who killed him and the Romans who obliged them did not lose any sleep.
This alone is enough to point to you that he was separate and apart from God. Just because you call
him God does not make him God. I can call myself the King of Ijebu Ode, it may not necessary be true.
Truth is one. There is only one way to express it. But falsehood, you have an arrays of ways, yet it
will crumble in the face of truth. The word that was with God, was with Him before, during and after Jesus
earthly life. When you said that Jesus died, the word was still with God. That word was His ability
to command, and order according to His own will, alone. The word never diminished!)

Thanks for your attention.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by FBS: 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2007
you have a lot of many Gods in Yorubaland even
today. They are Olorunseguns, Olumides, etc, etc.
, chay, na wah o, those are gods not GOD. please think straight,

I beg, somebody help me sing that song, Jesus is Lord, (eba mi gbe ke, ) !
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2007
@FBS: If you can contribute anything tangible, please stay on the sideline.
Cheer people on, but be polite about it. When i said Gods, you should know that
the Christians have considered to be God, in part be cause of the name
Emmanuel. Yet he never was referred to as Emmanual by his piers. Thats why
playfully referred to Oluwasegun, etc as such. This is an obvious point. Think about
it, man!
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2007
@Davidylan:

Quote from: olabowale on Today at 12:32:51 AM
Business management, enough. No wonder they lost to a depleted, but highly valued commodity,

And Davidylan respose:
You are speaking woefully out of context, betraying your appalling lack of knowledge and exhibiting the islamic predilection for dishonesty yet again. The Isrealites were slaves to the Egyptians for more than 430 years (a small detail your quran forgot to include). . . did you read about the plagues of Egypt and how that eventually forced pharaoh to let the Isrealites go with great reluctance? How did the Egyptians meet their end? Was it not while pursuing the Jews after pharaoh had a change of heart and wanted the isrealites back?

(Davidylan, my lack of knowledge, has afforded me to read the Bible, many times over and made a sound decision, thereafter, not to be a Christian. Then, I picked up the Qur'an in Arabic and began to study it. Today, Alhamdulillah, I can read it very
fluently. However, your problem is that you hate to lose and you will throw a spoil
brat temper tantrom! I wonder if you are the only child of your parents, because you
exhibit a classic personality of a lonely child.

I pity your future bride. You lack soffistication and civilized mannerism. Then ever you
talk, what comes out is garbage. Yet you do not see that the world does not revolve
around you! You need to do better!

Now, read Suratul Baqarah, Al Imran, Nissa, Yusuf and others in the Qur'an as see what
you have been very blind to see, hence you scream your lungs out! If you read, Suratul Hud,
Ibrahim, Ambiyya, and others in the Qur'an, you will see Ismail story in there. Run along and
read. Sometimes it does the body good. We already know what it does for the soul. Unfortunately,
in your story of the Egyptians' defeat, through the hand of Moses, you never once said, that
they were attacked by foreign army after the defeat, nor did you say that there was a
formidable power, competing with them, prior to this defeat. Your thesis will fetch you a F with me.

The Qur'anic explanation is very acceptable to the heart.

What nonsense! The quran did not appear until more than 4000 years after the event it purports to be reporting while the bible we read is from a first hand witness of the very events. We'll read the rest of your verbiage and expose them for the plagiarized rubbish they really are.
Wait . . . did the quran tell us how the jews got to Isreal? Any details on who these jews are at all before jumping to "explain"?

(Davidylan are you now saying that the older an idea/hypothesis, is the more
it is accurate, compare to a more recent and fresher idea/hypothesis, which has
proveable supporting evidence? Just because the Bible is older, does it mean, it
is better than the Qur'an? You claim to be a student of science, is this what Science
is today? Davidylan, you described yourself by the label you ascribed to me above!

See Pharaoh dreamt, that somebody grewup

The solution was to kill every male born by the Children of Israel from that point onward.

Mohamadu was not a very smart thief. Anybody can easily detect that this is a mere regurgitation of Exodus chapter 1 but with a few twists here and there to make it sound different. How come NONE of you muslims knew this until mohamadu appeared with his bag of lies?

(David, if Muhammad's story is so much detailed that the older Bible, then
your Bible, was really incomplete and it there is a good reason to doubt it)

But they realised that killing every male, of every year will bring a shortage of the precious commodity of Slavery, which is

You know what makes me doubt the quran even more? You people cry loudly that ishmael was the REAL SON of Abraham and so was the child of promise who was to be sarificed on the mount of Moriah . . . but the Quran on the other hand spends an unhealthy amount of time on Isaac and his descendants the Jews!! Where are the stories of ishmael and his descendants? Whom did Ishmael marry?

(David, in the Qur'an, we do not have the names of Isiac, Jacob, etc wives. So whats your story?)

Could the quran's silence on Ishmael be because the bible says nothing on him and so mohamadu had no story of him to plagiarize too?

(David, read about Ismail in the Qur'an, before you burst a gasket. You are too young!)

What you have done is simply regurgitate the first 2 chapters of exodus and put an islamic spin on it. good job! (Davidylan: Whats an Islamic spin? Have read the Qur'an? Each of its stories is more superior than what you have in the Bible, from the points of Journalism, accuracy and attention grabbing! Read about Moses in Suratul Taha. Read about Joseph in Suratul Yusuf. What are you talking about?)
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 27, 2007
olabowale:

(David, if Muhammad's story is so much detailed that the older Bible, then
your Bible, was really incomplete and it there is a good reason to doubt it)

alhaji, let me say all what you have typed in response is nothing but a waste of ur valuable time. There is no substance in it beyond noise making.

Look at the above i chose to highlight . . . you dishonestly and hypocritically claim that mohamadu's plagiarized tale is "much more detailed" than the bible . . .
just a few questions. . .

where are the details of how the Jews got into Egypt in the first place?
How did Moses lead the Jews out of Egypt?
How was Moses born? Where? to whom?
How did moses get the call of "allah"?

luv2talk told us that the Jews left Egypt in secret . . . sir how does your "detailed" quran explain more than 2 million people leaving a country in SECRET?

I have one more question to ask . . . where are the "details" of ishmael in the quran?

Islam claims that Ishmael was the only true son of Abraham . . . but here is the big problem that Islam has failed to solve . . . WHY did allah then choose ALL his so-called prophets from the lineage of Isaac? Where are the "prophets" from the ishmealite lineage?

I would appreciate succint answers to the above and not ur nebulous replies that say nothing but take up valuable space.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2007
hearing they will,but understanding,they'll not.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 11:11pm On Nov 27, 2007
@Davidylan: Since you are so lazy to do anything, thanks
to those who cater to you hands and feet, so I will
true to tradition, provide you with website info,

1. For English translation of Qur'an; www. quran.com

2. For tafsir of the Qur'an, google and enter Tafsir ibn Kathir.

You should be able to help yourself from these two sources. Look
I even have the Bible handy, courtesy of the internet. Do the same
about Qur'an.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 27, 2007
olabowale:

(David, in the Qur'an, we do not have the names of Isiac, Jacob, etc wives. So whats your story?)

this is incredibly daft . . . perhaps mohamadu forgot to include their names in his warped stories copied from the bible.
But virtually ALL of allah's so-called "prophets" are from the descendants of Isaac and Jacob.

Muslims gush over Abraham . . . He was the father of Isaac and grandfather of Jacob just incase you forgot.

Muslims tell us mohamadu was the "prophet like unto Moses" predicted in Deut 18, Moses however was a direct descendant of Isaac and Jacob.
What of David . . . of the tribe of Judah, Jacob's third son.

Where are the "prophets" from the lineage of Ishmael??
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2007
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Since you are so lazy to do anything, thanks
to those who cater to you hands and feet, so I will
true to tradition, provide you with website info,

1. For English translation of Qur'an; www. quran.com

2. For tafsir of the Qur'an, google and enter Tafsir ibn Kathir.

You should be able to help yourself from these two sources. Look
I even have the Bible handy, courtesy of the internet. Do the same
about Qur'an.

it seems dishonesty is your middle name. When you pple go around littering the forum with ur "101 contradictions in the bible" you cry about answers.
When we ask you direct questions you start providing links to the quran! Can you not adequately defend your religion of death?

Where are the "prophets" from the line of Ishmeal? why did allah choose ALL his "prophets" from the Jewish lineage even though he tells you not to take them as friends in the same quran?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2007
Davidylan: I gave you an assignment. I directed you to the material
sources, yet you are too lazy to do it?

Nwando, please, help davidylan, with some advise. Tell him how to search
for info about the Qur'an! Common, pretty please. David is a riot. I don't
know what to do with him. Please tell him that the Qur'an is not like the Bible.

And by the way, Nwando and Davidylan, can you tell me how Jesus can be
exactly like Moses, from the Spiritual/religious sense of the word, if you
consider the below;

1. Moses was only a prophet and nothing else, in a religious sense, is Jesus
only a prophet?

2. Moses never claimed to be son of God, was Jesus like that, too?

3, Moses never claimed to be God, was Jesus like that too?

4. Moses never claimed that when you see me, you see God. Was Jesus also
like that?

5. Moses never gave an impression that he and God are one, did Jesus do that?

6. Moses never said he only can forgive, did Jesus say that he is not the the
one who can forgive, also?

7. Moses never claimed he had any independent power, whats Jesus position here?

Please tell me now, when John son of Zachariah was asked by the elders of
the children of Israel if he was the 3 expected prophets, even though he denied
that he was never anyone of the three could you list the names as I put it below;

a. Are you Elijah? Who finally was Elijah according to Jesus ?

b. Are you the Messiah? Who finally was the Messiah according to Jesus?

c. Are you the Prophet? Who finally was the prophet according to Jesus?

Note: Did Jesus answered the question numbered 'c,' above?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Lakpenne: 12:06am On Nov 28, 2007
davidylan:

U said: Where are the "prophets" from the lineage of Ishmael?? "

So, what is your point. There are plenty of things in the Quran that's not in the Bible and plenty in the Torah not in the Injeeel. Wait, there is not Injeel today is there, cause its all in English or something other than the language in which Allah revealed it.

Nevermind, what is your point?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 28, 2007
alhaji, as much as i respect your age, i hope you realise you are not talking to teenagers here.

olabowale:

Davidylan: I gave you an assignment. I directed you to the material
sources, yet you are too lazy to do it?

I have asked you a question on 3 separate posts and all you can hide under is that you gave me an assignment? Did we give you an "assignment" when you came here crying like a belligerent child for answers to ur piffle?
WHERE ARE THE "PROPHETS" FROM THE ISHMEALITE LINEAGE?

Tell us and stop being dishonest!

olabowale:

And by the way, Nwando and Davidylan, can you tell me how Jesus can be
exactly like Moses, from the Spiritual/religious sense of the word, if you
consider the below;

Even before you asked your "question" u had already goofed. Did the bible say a prophet "exactly" like Moses?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 28, 2007
Lakpenne:

davidylan:
You said: Where are the "prophets" from the lineage of Ishmael?? "
So, what is your point.

Of course you dishonest blind men will struggle to side step the question. Here is my point: muslims don't recognize Isaac as the REAL and FIRST son of Abraham . . . rather they believe the lineage of Ishmeal through abraham was "god's" chosen line. Ok for the sake of this argument i agree.
Muslims argue that it was ishmeal that abraham tried to sacrifice on the mount of moriah instead of isaac which forms the basis of salah today.

Now HERE is the puzzler . . . why is the quran curiously silent on this ishmeal?
WHY did allah choose ALL his "prophets" from the lineage of Isaac AND NOT Ishmael?

One more puzzle for you to chew over . . . the quran says that you should not choose Jews for friends . . . it goes further to say Jews are accursed because they kept not the sabbath . . . YET ALL allah's "prophets" were Jews!! Does this add up?

Muslims believe that Jesus was a prophet and not God . . . they also believe that He will return to kill the antichrist . . . BUT Jesus was born a JEW!!! Does that add up? Mohammed on his death bed claimed that the end will not come until all Jews are destroyed . . . does all this add up??

Lakpenne:

There are plenty of things in the Quran that's not in the Bible and plenty in the Torah not in the Injeeel.

and the above is the best answer you could give?  shocked What a shame!
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 28, 2007
Olabowole,I'll only plead that you cease trying to find Mohammed where he does not belong.
It makes you folks sound stupid.
seriously

how could the Bible predict the coming of a womanizer,pedophile,bandit,rapist,hate filled maniac.
The Spirit of God will not waste time predicting the birth of such people,we have them worldwide,they just find themselves into the womb of some unsuspecting woman.
Afterall Osama bin Laden and Ayman Al zawahiri were born of women.

The only resemblance between moses and Mohammed was that they were male.
No more no less.
They neither shared in the illness of schizophrenia nor an insatiable apetite for women including babies.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by olabowale(m): 12:19am On Nov 28, 2007
@Davidylan: Just for kicks, let me answer your questions.

where are the details of how the Jews got into Egypt in the first place? (In the time of abundant
only in Egypt, but everywhere else, there was famine. So the brothers of Joseph who at that
time the head of the treasury, the food part of Egypt came to buy grains. Twice, in which they
brought his younger brother from his mother along, the second time. Then he planted his cup
on his younger brother, who in onthe act, you want more? Get a Qur'an and read!

How did Moses lead the Jews out of Egypt? (After so many miracles, Pharaoh, reluctantly
let them go. Then he changed his mind because God had increased him in arrogance, so that
he can perish. He raised his army against them. Moses parted the sea. Then Pharaoh and his army
perished in the sea, while the children of Israel crossedd it victoriously. Unfortunately, and this is why
I feel that I just must answer your questions, the details of Pharaoh's body after his drowning
was not given in the Bible. If you have it, please direct me to it. I will love to read it. But in the
Qur'an, Allah says that Pharaoh's lifeless body will be saved as a sign for future generation to see
the end result of tyranny. When this part of the Qur'an was revealed, Pharaoh's body was yet
located. But after it was revealed, the body of Pharaoh was found at a place later nicknamed
the mountain of Pharaoh. Just Imagine all these many centuaries, that this tyrant King had passed,
the Bible was already revealed, then came the young and vibrant Qur'an and made this bold statement
and presto, they found Pharaoh's Body! Amazing! A full miracle by itself. Go ask the learned of
Egyptiology what I have just told you for accuracy. Go david, you are free to ask questions.)
How was Moses born? Where? to whom? (Moses was born naturally! YOu make me laugh. Am sorry,
I should never have done that. He was born in Egypt by a family of the Children of Israel, when they were
under the oppression of the Egyptions.  The Jewish family. known as Imran family. You ask too easy a
question. When I have new children, I hope they find somebody like you as their Professor; easy As!

How did moses get the call of "allah"? ( After he had served this term in Maiden. He was in a journey with his
family. he say a smoke in the bush, so he thought that he will probably find some people that he can
ask them for some help. When he got into this place, he heard a voice, which told him that it was God and he should
remove his shoes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and the rest is history!)

@Nwando: Please answer the questions. You are a smart woman and you know that I know that. I also love you
as I would love a sister or a precious stone, like DIAMOND. Enjoy it.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Lakpenne: 12:36am On Nov 28, 2007
davidylan:

U said: "Now HERE is the puzzler . . . why is the quran curiously silent on this ishmeal?
WHY did allah choose ALL his "prophets" from the lineage of Isaac AND NOT Ishmael"  

For once I must plead ignorance.  I really do not know exactly which Prophets came from Isaac and which from Ishmale although based on some of the verses in the Quran, we hear Allah mentioning Isaac, then Jacob, then Yusuf, etc.  If the other Prophets came through this progeny, then so be it.  But Allah chooses which lineage he wishes to Bless and the Prophet priased the lineage of Yusuf (Joseph) as he (saw) said that he is the son of a noble son of a noble.  

As for Ishmael, Allah may not have blessed his lineage with as many Prophets.   But so what?  How ironic it is that the Prophet is supposed to be from the lineage of Ishmael and so are the Arabs yet the ones that are spoken about are the precedents of the Jews.  Did that upset the Arabs?  You would think Allah would try to pump up the Arabs no?  No.  Allah grants status to whomsoever he wills and howsoever HE wills.  He definitely blessed the progeny of the Jews and despite all the Prophets that came to them, they remained obstinent.  Glory be to Allah.

But why is this important to the question of Tawhid and where is my answer to the verses of the Bible I posted.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 12:41am On Nov 28, 2007
alhaji nice story.
2 things to point out:

1. While the bible records this through WITNESSES . . . the quran only records this story as a "revelation" from allah!!!

2. The quran claims that Joseph raised his PARENT[b]S[/b] to a dais, forgetting that Joseph's mom Rachel died during child birth!

3. MOST IMPORTANTLY - A detailed "revelation" about the Jews! Where are the "revelations" about the people of Ishmeal? Muslims cry about islam coming from the branch of ishmael and YET everything we see in the quran is about the same Jews Allah says you shld never take as friends?
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 28, 2007
Lakpenne:

For once I must plead ignorance. 

u've only just begun the journey to realising that islam is predicated on falsehood and that 90% of muslims are completely ignorant of most of what they claim to believe.

Lakpenne:

I really do not know exactly which Prophets came from Isaac and which from Ishmale although based on some of the verses in the Quran, we hear Allah mentioning Isaac, then Jacob, then Yusuf, etc. 

I will help you out here. 100% of ALL islamic "prophets" were Jewish. NOT A SINGLE ONE is mentioned from ishmael's lineage, infact apart from the story of his birth, his mother, his father and his attempted sacrifice on the mount of moriah, VIRTUALLY NOTHING is said about Ishmael from then on in the quran.

Now does that not strike you as odd? Muslims claim they are "cousins" with the jews BUT from the branch of Ishmael as the Jews are from the branch of Isaac . . . HOWEVER the jews have a well preserved history right down from Isaac. The muslims have NONE and rely heavily on Jewish history.
Where are the "prophets" from the ishmaelite lineage? WHY are there NONE?

Lakpenne:

If the other Prophets came through this progeny, then so be it.  But Allah chooses which lineage he wishes to Bless and the Prophet priased the lineage of Yusuf (Joseph) as he (saw) said that he is the son of a noble son of a noble. 

1. This is a disgraceful cop-out. Anytime muslims are stumped they quickly crawl under their "allah knows best" shell. Is it not suspicious that while the muslims are taught by rota to hate jews they also pretend to venerate prophets who happen to be jews?
Allah says Jews are cursed for desecrating the sabbath and yet you all go around crying "prophet David, prophet Yusuf" . . . did you forget that as jews they also inherit allah's curse too?

2. It is a bogus fraud for you to claim that allah only blessed the lineage of Joseph. Most of the biblical prophets that islam now tries to claim as theirs were not even from the lineage of Joseph. Jesus Christ was of the tribe of Judah, so also David, so also Solomon! How then did they become allah's "prophets" if he did not bless the lineage of Judah?

Lakpenne:

He definitely blessed the progeny of the Jews and despite all the Prophets that came to them, they remained obstinent.  Glory be to Allah.

Lapkenne, your dishonesty and blindness is indeed mindboggling! Allah blessed the progeny of the jews and then turned around to curse them in that same quran? How unstable is this allah?
You say the jews "remained obstinate" . . . obstinate to what?

Why did allah choose not to bless the lineage of ishmael? Could this be because the bible also ignored the lineage of ishmael and so mohamadu had no "revelations" to recieve?

Lakpenne:

But why is this important to the question of Tawhid and where is my answer to the verses of the Bible I posted.

Again the quick recourse to deciet anytime you guys get stumped. This is VERY relevant to the question of tawhid which has been answered 10x over. As to the verses you quoted. . . scoot up to post #73 and read the answers and stop being a dishonest child of a liar called mohamadu!
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Lakpenne: 1:04am On Nov 28, 2007
david:

I still dont get UR point.  Do not take Jews as protectors.  no, you must know what that means.  As for friends.  ITs says do not take them as friends over Muslims.  I would think you should not take a Muslim as a friend over a Christians or as a protector over a Christian.

U said: "The quran claims that Joseph raised his PARENTS to a dais, forgetting that Joseph's mom Rachel died during child birth! "  

Ha, Ha, Ha. LOL.  You site the Bible as a source of historical accounts.  The Bible gives like five diferent lineages of Jesus. Give me a flipping break.  Ever thought the Bible got it wrong?  Eyewitnesses?  Please.  Like we say here in the hoo -niggah pleeez.  YUou must be kidding me.  You don't even know what side of yur book is up.  At least we have the smae book and can trace it back to the original source.  The Bible?  The Bible?  You must be smoking crack.

U said: . MOST IMPORTANTLY - A detailed "revelation" about the Jews! Where are the "revelations" about the people of Ishmeal? Muslims cry about islam coming from the branch of ishmael and YET everything we see in the quran is about the same Jews Allah says you shld never take as friends? "

So.  Allah so favored the Jews and look how they treated Him.  So which story do you think is the best story from which to learn how to behave.  The story of those whom Allah gave much and they disobeyed or the story of someone else.  Obviously the former.  Allah is telling us, look how many Prophets and blessings I sent to the jews and I honored them and chose them an look at their behavior.  Oh Muslims, oh Muslims, do not behave like this.

And Allah warns as as such.  Do not be like the Christians and say I am three, Allah warns.  Do not be like the Jews and say I am poor or follow your Rabbi and Priests when they change the laws of Allah.  This is why the Quran is replete with such stories.  And depsite all of that, Muslims still do it (some, not all.  we see it all over the place and I am not ashamed to point out when Muslims behave badly nor slow in defending Islam vigorously)

Again, where is my explanation for where Jesus said don't praise me.  Where is my explanation for why Jesus would cry out to himslef when he is supposed to be God or why he would be tempted by satan when he is supposed to be God.  Did he forget his lines or something?  This is huge stuff cause is smacks right in the face of the trinity and the anthropomorphication of Allah that Christians are fond of doing.
Re: Tawhid: The Issue Christians Avoid by Lakpenne: 1:22am On Nov 28, 2007
david:

my, my. Apparently you id not like the fact that the Bible is fake - some of it at least.

U said: u've only just begun the journey to realising that islam is predicated on falsehood and that 90% of muslims are completely ignorant of most of what they claim to believe."

Wow, 90%. You did the survey yourself?

You have never seen me on Nairaland b4, so I am obviously new here. I don't know how to check for post #73, so you can kindly send or cut/paste it for me. I seriously doubt it was from you or that it answered the question anyway. I am very eager to read it.

If you belive all the Prophets came from the line of the Jews and there is no history of Prophets, then why are you asking where are the Prophets from Ishmael. Obviously by your accounts, there are none. And if there are non, that's why Allah did not mention them. LOL. You are truly an unbridled idiot. (get it, unbridled?) LOL.

As for the Allah cursing the Jews, you must be kidding me. Why are you not a Jew? Please answer that question and you will see my point. You always merely offer stupid quibs and jabs and insults with no analysis nor a cognizable point. Dude, you are getting smacked.

Before you quote the Bible again, please let me see an original copy or at least a replica of the original or at least a preseve copy in the same language. Like Allah says, you have no clear book and that bothers you. So, instead of defending that, you atttack the Quran.

Seriously though I would like you to answer the Question of why you are not a Jew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Many Times Did God Create The World In Genesis? / The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday / Avoid These Nigerian, Ghanian Pastors And Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.