Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations (172675 Views)

Poll: when will the actual registration start?

This poll has ended

Dv Lottery 2013/2014 / Dv Lottery! How Do I Fill These? / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (108) (Go Down)

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omobabe1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2012
hi all,a friend of mine is about to apply for dv 2014 & she wld be going 4 us non immigrant interview com dis november,her question now is dat wont dis dv sometin affect her chance of getting d visa?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
omo babe: hi all,a friend of mine is about to apply for dv 2014 & she wld be going 4 us non immigrant interview com dis november,her question now is dat wont dis dv sometin affect her chance of getting d visa?
not atol, it will not affect her.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by omidan21: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
@all ma peeps in d house.my name is chukuma ciroma olakunle.that's how I wriote it in all of my documents.now my surname is chukuma.what do u suggest or think is d first name en middle name.me I think ciroma then comes as first name then olakunle as middle name.am I right abt dis
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2012
live_wire:

Yes go ahead.but like I said its a calculated risk. It will be a lot easier if you two eventually tie the knot before then.
If you apply single and win and you got married before then, she will still go with you. In the form you will fill that's when you will provide details of your spouse or any other dependant you want to include like your foster kid or nanny(they are part of your house hold) moreover na your money you go pay for ur visas and ticket. Mind you if at that stage you didn't include during the processing, you will complete the number of your years before you can file for them to join you. At the other hand, you can file them, travel alone due to financial constraint and them send for them to join you. Hope you get the picture.
but d wedding can stil be done after d result is out i guess?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2012
omidan21: @all ma peeps in d house.my name is chukuma ciroma olakunle.that's how I wriote it in all of my documents.now my surname is chukuma.what do u suggest or think is d first name en middle name.me I think ciroma then comes as first name then olakunle as middle name.am I right abt dis

Surname is your Last name
First name is your popular name
Middle name is other name you bear.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
femijck: but d wedding can stil be done after d result is out i guess?

omo-boy,why cant you just make things easier for yourself,call "spade a spade" and not "agricultural equipment"if you won get marry get marry before the result comes out, if your marriage is motivated by dv lottery you may be disappointed.One of my friend had same issue with a girl, dem do the dv stuff together, the lady won but her family underestimated the guy becos he no get money,the girl went for the interview and failed.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by livewire1: 4:34am On Oct 02, 2012
femijck: but d wedding can stil be done after d result is out i guess?

Let things (the feelings)come naturally and not be motivated by DV.

Do you intend to change ur commitment to her if d result sang a different song. On the contrary don't you think the financial stress at that time will be so great on you considering every aspect of the wedding and visa/ticket arrangements?

Be yourself and not let Dv decide ur plan for the future.

2 Likes

Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by livewire1: 4:54am On Oct 02, 2012
PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS GET THIS

Its not over until its over.
You have to apply to be considered for selection.
IF SELECTED, you go to next round, INTERVIEW.
If NOT, better luck next time.
Its until you scale through the INTERVIEW that's when you can consider youself a DV WINNER.

So everything is based on chance and luck. You could say miracle as well.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Onyeka32(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2012
Wats will the site be open. I mean in nigeria tym
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by abuov: 7:02am On Oct 02, 2012
Pls House,my baby refuse to look at the camera oh.Does it matter?
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2012
abuov: Pls House,my baby refuse to look at the camera oh.Does it matter?
hahahah, keep trying. Thats how it is for infant.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 7:26am On Oct 02, 2012
House its 5pm Nigerian time.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by balogunsam(m): 7:39am On Oct 02, 2012
brightmon: House its 5pm Nigerian time.

Hi bro. I was on a similar thread here on Nl and saw someone say he was looking for VISAfees costing 2457USD after he had been selected for interview. Now i want to ask is the visa fees for DV lottery that high?!!!!! i mean thats like 2500 dollars Please help clarify. Thanks.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by slim002: 8:16am On Oct 02, 2012
please can I use the same passport I used for last year's application to register for this october registartion??
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2012
@adesojiaderemi
@live_wire
thank u so very much .,no be ma fault ooo..na Naija cause am o
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 8:52am On Oct 02, 2012
slim002: please can I use the same passport I used for last year's application to register for this october registartion??
i suggest u use d one nt older than 6month as specified ok
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by femijck(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2012
balogunsam:

Hi bro. I was on a similar thread here on Nl and saw someone say he was looking for VISAfees costing 2457USD after he had been selected for interview. Now i want to ask is the visa fees for DV lottery that high?!!!!! i mean thats like 2500 dollars Please help clarify. Thanks.
yeap that was before, now it has been greatly reduced to even less than 400$
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by ISMOSAM: 10:15am On Oct 02, 2012
whoever is interested in the visa lottery for 2014 can come to my shop at Abule Egba Opposite WEMA Bank for his registration with just 300 naira.comfermation page will be printed immediatelly. applicant does not need to come with photo because we have 10.6 pxl camera to take care of that. just come with 300 naira only. Thanks.come to 553 Lagos abeokuta Express Way opposite WEMA Bank PLC abule egba Lagos.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2012
slim002: please can I use the same passport I used for last year's application to register for this october registartion??
Not older than 6month.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 10:32am On Oct 02, 2012
balogunsam:

its $330 and was never at any time your stated amount.
Pls follow this link: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/immigrant_fees.html
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2012
You are all STRONGLY adviced to apply for the DV lottery by yourself.
Dont call, email or go to any AGENT shop, office or house to help you apply and if you do, then you are on your own.
We are here to answer ur questions and assist you apply for FREE.
Who get ear, make e hear.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by wildchild1: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2012
brightmon: You are all STRONGLY adviced to apply for the DV lottery by yourself.
Dont call, email or go to any AGENT shop, office or house to help you apply and if you do, then you are on your own.
We are here to answer ur questions and assist you apply for FREE.
Who get ear, make e hear.
Y'all heard him right ooooo,no tok say dem no tell u nau....if u don't know about it,just go to a cyber cafe,tell the attendant there to help you out #shikena a word they say is enough for the wise
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bycares: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2012
If u ar eventualy lucky 2 b picked,it wil cost lyk hw much in totality 4 d travlng documents. Any info plz
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2012
Bycares: If u ar eventualy lucky 2 b picked,it wil cost lyk hw much in totality 4 d travlng documents. Any info plz
visa fee: $330
medicals: abt #30,000
police report: abt # 5,000 or less
flight: oneway abt $1,200 depending on the airline and culd be more or less
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2012
@all if you don't know hw to edit your picture or don't have d tools free free to e.mail your passport will do it for free my addy seir405@yahoo.com
And plz n plz don't give any agent money to help u u can do it urself very simple process and don't forget it is 5pm today
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by seir405: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2012
You can use ur phone to take d picture with white background
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Bakorede(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2012
What is d advantage if sum1 register for a person in USA over registering it in 9ja by oneself.will that entry done 4 sum1 in d US who is curently in 9ja still b part of d number allocated 4 nigeria.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 1:50pm On Oct 02, 2012
Bakorede: What is d advantage if sum1 register for a person in USA over registering it in 9ja by oneself.will that entry done 4 sum1 in d US who is curently in 9ja still b part of d number allocated 4 nigeria.
none. Everybody have equal chance of being selected. If you like go noon, na same. Ojoro no dey am.
Goodluck all.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by brightmon: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2012
Oga Kemzone2003, i see you. I dey greet u.
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2012
House pls i've a problem dat am jst discovering.my names are Babalola Olalekan Victor in all my documents,except for my waec result am having Babalola Victor Olalekan.wat do i do and name should i choose
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by Kemzone2003: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2012
brightmon: Oga Kemzone2003, i see you. I dey greet u.
I hail you too.

I always dey behind the scene to make my imput only on technical areas that requires research.

Well done Bright
Re: DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations by drumma(m): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2012
PLEASE OOO HOUSE ONE QUICK QUESTION BEFORE 5:00PM I WANT TO ASK IF I CAN GO AHEAD AND PROCESS A NEW APPLICATION AS AGAINST THE 2013 DV OCT RESULT SINCE THE PROMISED 01OCT DATE DIDN'T EFFECT.... ME I CAN'T WAIT TILL 22ND BEFORE I PROCESS MY NEW APPLICATION OOO COS IM COUNTING DOWN AND IM GONNA BE DOING IT AT MOST 5:05 PM TODAY SO PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY MINOR BURDEN.... GRACIAS

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (108)

List Of Poorest And Richest Country In The World 2013!!! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.